What got you into AP?

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacara

I just happened to stumble across the Treatise a few years ago.  I've always been interested in "spiritual" matters, but had never believed that we could view or otherwise experience them first-hand until I read that.  I think I was destined to see that and start to change my world-view to allow for growth in this direction.
Even if I never have an OBE, I'm glad I have what I consider to be a more open-minded view of the multiverse.
"You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus" - Mark Twain

Jeff_Mash

As funny as it sounds, I was first interested in AP back in my early high school years, when an upperclassman told me that he could do it and visit his girlfriend.  Since I was a nobody back then, I could think of nothing better than to learn how to AP and SPY on girls!  The possibilities where endless!  I could go in the girls locker rooms, visit them at home, etc.

Needless to say, I was never able to have an OBE back then, probably because my intentions were so wacked out.

I finally had my first one 5 years later, after I became religious.  My intention then was to use OBE's to direct me in my faith.  It ended up opening my eyes to many things, and to the dissappointment of my parents, I stopped going to our church, mainly because they feel OBE's are not the work of God.

Since then, I've used these experiences to learn more about myself, and the nature of us as spiritual beings (although I've had a couple of occasions where I've had to flirt and spy on women!  Shame on me!).

Keep smiling,

Jeff Mash
MyJokeMail.com - Jokes and Humor
http://myjokemail.com
Keep smiling,

Jeff Mash
http://www.mjmmagic.com

clandestino

hee hee.... keep up the good work Jeff !

I got interested in this whole business in my early teens.....i stumbled across a description of it in a big book on the paranormal. I've always been interested, but it was only about 3 or 4 months ago before I joined this forum that I really started to get into it....I had a coupole of instances where I woke up half out of my body, and anpther where I could see through my eyelids as I lay in bed !

At the time , I knew exactly what was going on...I sat there thinking "this is astral projection, wahey !!"

....and ever since then, I've been trying to replicate it .no luck yet though : (

Mark

I'll Name You The Flame That Cries

DEBerryJr

Hey Meg,

If not the first, one of the first ones is when my form is about 4 or 5 years old. I was watching TV in the dining room, when I started to feel heavy. My body began to feel like lead. I went to the bedroom to lie down, which took much effort I add, and after an indeterminate amount of time I felt much, much better. I got up to go tell my mom, and after my hand went through the doorknob a few times, I looked back to see the body still on the bed. All through childhood I was floating out, getting up without my body, and I eventually got a hold of causing it. My interest and understanding blossomed from there. http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile_wink.gif" border=0>

Cheers.

Sincerely,

D. E. Berry Jr.

WalkerInTheWoods

I had a spontaneous OBE when I was in high school. I did not know what it was at the time. A few years later I was talking to a friend and happened to mention the experience. She told me what had happened and from there I searched the net for information on how to cause it to happen. I have had some success which has been limited by the amount of time I have to give to it. But here I am!

Alice had got so much into the way of expecting nothing but out-of-the-way things to happen, that it seemed quite dull and stupid for life to go on in the common way.

fredhedd

the first time i used lsd w/ some friends, i found myself lying in bed at the end of the night before everyone was going to try and fall asleep.  five seconds after i hit the bed, i found myself flying in an astral gateway w/ incredible geometric designs on the wall, and music coming from every direction. it was incredible and enough to dent my skepticism. :)
fred

Tia

Weird dreams.  I had some amazing 'dreams' so I got into dream interpretation.  I think that the symbolic language is very important to understand your subconscious.  But it didn't explain my experiences.  I am hoping to get all the answers 'out there'.  It's taken me 20 years to find out about the sleep paralysis that used to totally freak me out.  And the first conscious OBE, wow, you dont realise how inground your beliefs are until you blow them away...

Eukaryote

I heard about it on Art Bell about a year and a half ago, and that sparked my interest. Took me a while to get around to looking into it. My interest had peaked and waned over the last 15 months, but sense I got on the forum I'm committed.

Patty

When I was a kid I thought it sounded cool but I thought only the monks in the himalayas could do it. So I never really thought about it.

After some profound grief in my late 20's I started having 'symptoms' that I learned might be pre-exit sensations. I freaked and made it go away.

A couple years after that I was feeling a little braver. I decided to try to project. I have had satisfactory success, though I haven't made it to the boy's locker room yet.

Patty

Paukki

I'll be 50 next year and I've worked at the same place for going on 12 years.  It's a hot, dirty, noisy, repetitive job, but in this sparsely populated area, the wages are good and hard to find, elsewhere.  I had to do something different in life, so when my wife saw a special rate for a satellite tv connection, we took it and I started watching "The Wisdom Channel", soon becoming more interested in things like meditation, and it takes off from there.  Mind you, most of my 20's and 30's I spent moving around the country and looking into one thing and another, and I guess the best way I could put it is that I had this deep-down idea that this world doesn't really operate like it appears to operate, and I was drawn toward explanations of what "reality" is about.  It started with born-again Christianity, veered off after different maverick thinkers of one kind or another, and then when I'd spent a decade trying to forget all about that search, along comes satellites and the internet.  Getting into AP was an "adventure", at first, but it has taken on more the aspect of the search for how things really are.  What reality is.  But I still want to have fun, too!   http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile.gif" border=0>
--Paukki

KP

What got me into AP was when I awoke one morning and was unable to move and drifted in and out of body.  I saw frightening things, I had never been so scared before.  I was very happy when I later found out it was something called sleep paralysis, which led me to discover OBEs.

KP

http://www.prawny.com

James S

Because it's there?

Um...no.

Once my guide introduced herself to me she put this to me  -
"Now that I've visited you in your realm, I want you to come and visit me in mine." And so the challenge was laid down. For me it is a place of learning, and a place of incredible possibility. Even the "training ground" that my guide has me going to at the moment is one of the most spectacular places I could imagine.

James.

Qui-Gon Jinn

I´ve always (catapulted in midteens) been interrested in our "true nature" and everything that goes with it... "spiritual" matters of any sort..  I had of course heard about astral projection before, but when one day I surfed into an A.P. website and took the time to read about it, it got me more than excited and I decided to try it out just to see if I could get any results whatsoever, and as I described under "Confused" I got results alright !! =)  Surprised me bigtime and most of all sparked my passion for Astral Projection....  I have to tell you guys who can project on will, even you who have them spontaneously, I envy you a bit.....
  ... it must be one of the most life altering experiences one could ever have.

Take  care //Rikard

- Your focus determines your reality -

alpha

Hi,
What really attracted me to AP  was what I saw and experienced on  the physical plane as I grew up.To me it was a very dark evil place.Often  felt like I was hanging by a thread if you know what I mean.

I think I was actually looking for ways to meditate, When I stumbled upon this site.I read some of the treatise.Even being a skeptic nonbeliever of all things!.It sparked my curiosity.

I thought I couldnt lose even if I was not able to project.I would be meditating alot which was what I wanted to do in the 1st place.

It just grew from there,It was like I found what I have been always  looking forhttp://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile.gif" border=0>

-------------------------------
"WAKE UP!WAKEUP!WAKE UP AND LOOK AROUND YOU!WERE LOST IN SPACE AND THE TIME IS OUR HOME"
-------------------------------

amcturbo

I started having OBE's last year, during the Christmas break ... and all I can say is "WOW! WOW! WOW!" and "Holy Cow!" What an experience it was to first unintentionally enter into a WILD ... then another WILD ... then suddenly appear to be looking at the ceiling, as if I was laying on my back, when I was physically on my left side, in fetal position ... all the while being fully conscious of this 'discrepancy'. So, I focus on the ceiling, thinking I'm Lucid Dreaming (no OBE vibes at all) ... and suddenly I float up and bump-stop with my nose to the ceiling. It's at this point I realize that I'm Out of Body. Shortly there after, I'm back 'inside' my body in 'no man's land' with zero visual ... complete blackness ... this leads up to my next OBE ...

So, I now feel like I'm positioned face down (still physically in fetal position) so I 'will' myself up and away from my body. As I 'go up and away' my body is represented by a dim gold starburst " * " that's far off and away. I know that my wife is lying beside me, so I move to my left ... no visual ... I move farther left ... there's her starburst " * " far below. So, I will myself down to her and occupy the SAME SPACE. That was an interesting feeling of merging bodies into one 'mass' ... kind of like a Star Trek transporter that mixed our patterns as one.

Those two experiences in December 2001, as well as two more in Jan & Feb 2002, sparked my interest in AP/OBE ... into *going out*.  It wasn't until June of this year, that I actively began persuing Projection ... reading A LOT about it ... and started having some AMAZING EXPERIENCES.  I've been having them frequently ever since.

Cheers!
Greg Taylor :)

"Whatever consciousness may be, it's not a small thing" - Ingo Swann
"Oh, I... ain't got no ... body" - David Lee Roth (Van Halen)

michael

Meg..when i was 17 i read Muldoon's classic "the projection of teh Astral Body"..picked it up by accident at a library in aberdeen..( if there ARE such things as accidents..) read it..was open minded..then foundmyself one morning out of body..purely spontaneous..or maybe after trying some of themetods outlined...

weagle

You will be surprised but many exorcists are obe's/astral projectors thats how I came across obe wasn't mentioned to me they kept their ideas secret but the last 3 people whom God did arrange to help us and that they tried to help exorcise a friend of mine who I prayed for to be released all knew how to obe or was obe'ing to change/remove what now I find out is karma that someone else did wrongfully.  What I also see a lot of indian/arab people are into obe mainly because they meditate/pray a lot unlike the western culture and I thank God for them because many of them are doing God's will and work.  That is a problem in western society you see a lot of preachers saying it's a bad thing but neither of them know how to perform exorcisms or have any authority from up above.  But still even if you know how to obe/astral projection I wouldn't go about doing exorcisms on your own (have guru) without getting attacked so you still got to know what you're doing.

Meg

Just putting the question out there... I'd love to hear people's stories about what sparked their interest in AP.    :)

Meg

"...listening like the orange tree..."  - John Shaw Neilson
"...listening like the orange tree..."  - John Shaw Neilson

http://journeytothecentre.blogspot.com