Melatonin, DMT, and the pineal gland

Previous topic - Next topic

Adrian

Greetings Tom!

Melatonin is a natural hormone secreted, as you say, by the pineal gland, which is the organic ductless gland correspondence to the brow chakra.

Melatonin is likley secreted in response to darkness, and hence its affect of sending people to sleep. It can also be used to regulate sleep cycles and control jet lag etc.. The Melatonin offered for sale is a synthetic compound, but just as effective.

How this could assist with Astral work I am not sure, but I suspect it would be adverse.  Astral work requires a mind awake, body asleep state, but the Melatonin would likely put your mind further to sleep - so I would say, if anything, it would actually reduce the chances of dreaming, and be negative for Astral work.

With best regards,

Adrian.

https://ourultimatereality.com/
Vincit Omnia Veritas

Jacara

quote:
Tom:  ..."melatonin is readily available in pill form. It is often combined with B6 and magnesium. Taking it is supposed to make dreams more vivid"...

quote:
Adrian:  ..." the Melatonin would likely put your mind further to sleep - so I would say, if anything, it would actually reduce the chances of dreaming"...

Whichever of these is the case would probably indicate its usefulness for trance/projection.  Tom, were you implying you were already trying it?  Has it indeed affected your dreaming?
"You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus" - Mark Twain

Tom

I have tried to use melatonin, but could not find a way to make a difference. I don't know that my dreams have been more vivid. Other people have told me that it helped them to take melatonin.

k2sixx

DMT: The Spirit Molecule

I've read part of this book in the book store.  DMT seems like a wonderful substance.  Who the hell could sell this stuff though?  It is present in all living things.  Plants, animals, trees, etc.  Any information on how to extract? ;)

Tom

DMT can't be ingested orally unless you find out what that other plant you have to combine it with. There is a way to keep it from being inactivated by the digestive system.

I think you use ether to start the extraction process, but how do you buy pineal glands in large quantities? I've heard of buying organs at the meat department, and I think pig pineal glands might have DMT, too...

Gandalf

DMT has been synthisised and can be injested in this form in any of the usual ways.
DMT is aparantly the most hallucinogenic substance known to man.
It is found natuarly in certain plants etc. Shamens use it to induce visions.
It was very hard to get hold of in the early days however but in recent years the drugh has been succesefuly synthisised.

The man to go to to find out all about DMT is DMT lord Terrence McKenna.
He spent years experimenting with DMT. The great thing about DMT is that although it whacks out your mind to beyond the furthest reaches of unreality the intense trip only lasts for about 15 minutes or so. There are no residual effects afterwards either.
As Terrence himself says when giving advice about taking DMT, 'just remember to keep breathing!'

You can read all about his acounts of meeting his famous 'machine elves' and other weirdness in his books!

Douglas

"It is to Scotland that we look for our idea of civilisation." -- Voltaire.

Tom

It is probably fair to say that we have decided that taking drugs is not a good way to do astral projection. Drugs produced b the pineal gland seem to be another matter because the body can regulate quantities and times of their production. Melatonin is produced more in complete darkness and seems to be involved in dreaming. The hallucinogen DMT is also produced by the pineal gland. The 6th chakra / 3rd eye / ajna chakra and the pineal gland are related. While it is not possible to buy DMT legally, melatonin is readily available in pill form. It is often combined with B6 and magnesium. Taking it is supposed to make dreams more vivid, although it is usually used to go to sleep and as an antioxidant. So far I have not found a way to use it effectively, but maybe someone else here has? Maybe this could help with projection instead of waking up six hours into the night, when melatonin levels would be naturally higher than usual?