Hmmm... where to start...

Fear of the unknown is the biggest problem
Incomplete relaxation
Not enough knowledge
Not enough raised energy
Random muscle twitches during meditation, including swallowing
Frustration
and lastly, and most frustrating, falling asleep instead

Don't take this the wrong way.  I know what my problems are, and what needs to be done if I want to truly OBE.  But this is what I believe is currently stopping me.

jc84corvette

Seperation.

Heh everytime I try the life line tech. I always fall asleep!

simultaneous

1)Ability to concentrate and focus at times..to keep a goal and mentally be able to adjust as necessary.
2)Remembering vividly..instead of groggily or not at all.
3)Relaxing and forgetting the body.

omega

jc84corvette hmm so you always fall asleep let me see lets just use x-mas as an example when you were younger when it was time to get your presents and you had to wait that whole night most kids and young adults they have trouble sleeping because they are thinking and thinking about what presents they are going to get and the only way to fall asleep is to try to forget about the presents or you will stay up all night thinking. If you use this idea for you when you try to not fall asleep you have to constantly think about something and not let your mind wander because when your mind wanters you fall aleep very fast. If i was you i would try this on a day where you dont have to go anywhere stay up until about 1am in the morning this workes for me because my mind kinda gets its secound wind and is more awake then ever if you stay awake past your normal sleeping time. So if you go to AP at 1am dont use your visulation just try to stare infont of you in the darkness when the hype imagery comes then use your desined method then the vibes then your out. Well i hoped that helped.

omega

Here is something i figured out so you wont fall asleep i was reading Robert Monroes book and i saw a lot of notes and words that lookes like he had his eyes open when he was trying to AP so i tried it with my eyes open. To do this go to bed early and turn off the lights leave your eyes open and start doing you visulation with your eyes open the vibrations will still hit you but they will not feel the same with your eyes open for some reasion but when your relaxed and get the vibs close your eyes and maintain the visulation and the vibrations will kick in big time..

omega

simultaneous

How far can you get?? what happens?? what time are you trying to AP??

bitkari

Sleep!

Makaveli

Panic at separation.  I probably messed up 100+ separations because of this.  I just freak out and want back when I lose control of my body and when the vibes are intense.  I have been doing a little better recently, I had an OBE last night because the separation wasn't bad and didn't last long but it usually is.  

Losing concentration is also a problem.  

omega

Hi i was wondering what everyones problems were with Astral Projection just to see whats the common factor in people not being able to acheive seperation..???