What Really Happens When You AP?

Previous topic - Next topic

Logic

You dont really "leave" your body, you enter an altered state of conciousness, and become aware of your astral body.

Physically, when your body goes to sleep, you can focus better with your mind. Also, a while into the night, your pineal gland (third eye chakra) releases a burst of DMT, which is also associated with NDE's, which alters your conciousness.
We are not truly lost, until we lose ourselves.

proudtobeanmt

So what your saying is that you never actually go into an "Astral Plane" but more or less are in an altered state of mind which would include imagination?  Or to go to the "Astral Plane" you have to be able to get into an alterd state of mind to be able to recognize and go along with your astral self?

Colin

Your second description is the more correct, as far as I understand it. You become aware of your astral body, shift a copy of your consciousness into it, separate yourself from the physical (your body, the universe) and navigate the astral realm using your astral body as a vehicle. The first realm you enter, as a novice, will likely be the Real Time Zone, which isn't quite the astral but a buffer zone between physical existence and the astral and other realms. This place is an energetic echo of the physical world, but it is still a thought-influenced subjective reality. The whole process is a matter of shifting one's perspective. This all according to Robert Bruce, anyhow. I'm far too new at projecting to understand the experience on my own terms, but that is after all why I continue to do it.

Logic

Im not saying the astral is imaginary, Im saying that you need to have an incredibly altered state of mind to get there.
We are not truly lost, until we lose ourselves.

weagle

if you consider mind awake body asleep an altered state then ok, but we all astral project every night just that we are not awake or aware we are in the astral or dream world (lucid dreaming).

proudtobeanmt

I was reading up on some articles by Robert Bruce provided by the website.  In the beginning he says that most people get confused about what happens when you AP.  He states that you don't project to an "Astral Plane" but more on the physical plane.  He also said that it is impossible to project to a different plane.

That would contradict with what other people say in that when you AP your vibrations are higher than the physical plane and you can't see anything from the physical but only what your mind and imagination create.

Then other articles suggest that you can heal yourself or bring good fortune to yourself from the astral and bring it to the physical, which would incorporate both of those previous statements.

What do you guys/girls believe is true?  You can't actually project in the physical if you create everything that you see with your imagination because that wouldn't be the physical that would be the astral.

Regards
-Matt-

Nameless

We are not our body, we are our mind.

Our mind draws into the body when the body goes into active mode. In active mode the body needs to do more than just pump oxygen and do a few rudimentary functions. It needs 'minding'.

When the body shuts down (partially or completely) the mind is free to wander where ever it likes and the body really has no need to know where it goes or what it does. Just as our car or truck has no need or desire to know where we go or what we do when we leave it parked.

A small connection is maintained simply because. Like if there is danger to the body it needs to wake up and be re 'minded'. After all you don't want to lose your body before your ready to do so. The only danger to the mind is the mind itself.

Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.

EscapeVelocity

This discussion inevitably leads to a seemingly endless and circular whirlpool of disagreement and it all obviously hinges on an individual's interpretation of their own experiences, mine included. But, having nothing other than my own experiences for direct reference, here is my opinion.

When I was 6, there was no discernible exit from the physical, I was just out already. As a child, it's likely that natural a thing.

When I was 20 and had read some literature on the subject, I did experience the classic etheric/RTZ exit. Then again in my 30's when I took up the practice again. Was that all front-loaded expectation? But also it was possibly a combination of several things. The Hindu literature speaks of these various 7 or so energy bodies, each with diminishing connection to the Physical Realm. So the idea that the early exit sensations of the Etheric body gives way to an even less physical Astral body exit makes sense to me. My Etheric experiences were noticeably different and more 'physical' than my later experiences. My Astral experiences eventually and sporadically evolved into what might be described as Mental plane experiences. In these, there is no sensation of leaving my sleeping body, I just shift my focus. These are even cleaner and brighter than the Astral; there is a higher quality of thought available; I leave emotion behind. There have also been the infrequent possibly higher level experiences such that might be Causal or Buddhic...these are point of consciousness or even absolutely bodiless experiences and quickly defy description.

So for me there was a definite progression that did involve exiting the body. It doesn't happen now, but I think that is because my awareness was learning to utilize ever-higher energy bodies and the initial idea of 'exiting the body' was eventually left behind. This seems a natural progression but I can also understand that projectors whose experience jumps around or somehow avoids the early Etheric experiences may resist the 'exit' idea. I have no problem entertaining both ideas at the same time.

IMO. 🤔
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
                                                          -O. Wilde

Lumaza

Very rarely do I actually find myself in what would be considered a a OBE (Out of Body Experience), while I do my Phase sessions. During my Phase sessions, I can find in myself all different levels of consciousness or zones, per se. Some are just pure dark zones where "downloads" of sorts are occurring. It was my Phase sessions that seemed to be channeling information that led to me creating my Crystal Amplifier/Wire Wrap Tree designs.

When I spontaneously awaken in SP, it's almost a give-me that a OBE is occurring. At first, I find myself what I would consider physical vicinity. But that soon changes and I end up in "Etheria".

My first consciously aware purposeful OBE occurred while implementing the instructions of a video on "Candle Staring". I highly recommend this process to anyone new to this practice. You need to heed the safety part though. Always blow your candle out before you close your eyes. Otherwise, I think this is a fantastic way for a new person to achieve their first "sneak peek", while being consciously aware the entire time. There is no "click out", like there is when one goes to sleep.
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

shineling

When I astral project I wait until I'm halfway asleep and then get myself out of body. Sometimes it's like wading out of molasses and sometimes it's just as easy as getting up off the bed and discarding a piece of cloth. I have this type of AP about 2-3 times a week.

I personally feel the world I exit into in those travels is definitely real because it follows some laws of physics. But I also believe that it's a lot more malleable than the physical world and can include our dreams. I see it as a world that is just as real as the physical world but seen through the filter of our own dreams. I guess you could say that about any type of reality perception. In my AP world there is both the truth of cosmic forces and also a dream force that allows the dreamer to manipulate reality.

I like to explore my neighborhood when I AP... I actually do that a lot.  :-) And even though it looks like my neighborhood sometimes there will be new buildings or the streets will go to new places and sometimes going inside houses leads you to a whole new realm.

The AP world definitely has its own laws and rules. It's fun to explore.
"Unbinding the limits on our Soul is man's truest quest."

Szaxx

I'm with EV, at 5 years old the exit sequence was as real as eating chocolate. I'd decide to go to the woods at the rear of the house only because it was forbidden in the physical as you'd expect. I'd stay awake in mind while allowing the body to fall asleep. I'd be waiting for the safety of a golden glow that filled my room and only then I instinctively knew it was safe to go. Floating upwards I'd see my brother sometimes above his sleeping body glowing a fluorescent blue colour and I'd float through the window and land on the floor or float above it. Travelling a hundred yards or so I'd go into the trees.
Several times trying different areas I'd find things and tell my parents in the morning. A den of sorts gave my father the instinct to take me to my room and point out where this den was which I did.
Later he'd take a visit to this location and find exactly what I'd seen. Another occasion I was floating above the trees during a thunderstorm and lightning split the top of a tree. I reported this in the morning and my father picked me up so I could see through the window this tree with the exact damage I watched occur. I couldn't see through the windows as I was far too small.
These were an exit from the body in all respects of how it may appear. At 5 years old the innocence was pure and nobody ever mentioned anything about nocturnal adventures of this type. This was in the 60's and it had to kept a secret as the religious indoctrination was very high and I understood this. I thought everyone could do this for another 4 years or so.
At 9 I entered the astral world, this was a massive step forward. No leaving the body at all, I went to sleep and wanted an adventure with a theme in mind and most often this occurred. The tests followed this which is another topic on the Pulse.
After finishing most of these things started to accelerate at great speed. I was asked by a NP mentor what I'd like to know. I answered news about thing that will occur. I was shortly granted this. I had many clairvoyant experiences which the details became clear with succession. I was asked again about my experiences and wanted more info. This started a new phase of experiences. I was nearly a teenager and these experiences started to become so real that I was amazed at the clarity and detail. After a year or so experimenting with these experiences something changed. I was in the physical world as precise as if standing there. All over the world I travelled and saw many things. One day out of the blue it turned, I could go where the desire took me and now I could get inside people's minds. I was them while connected, words fail me to describe it. I knew everyone they knew, families, pets and everything. This was amazing.
Then it turned again. I watched the news about an aircraft crashing and wanted news like this. My desire was answered.
Imagine being at this advanced level and only around 13 years old. Sounds great so far, then the first of many experiences started. Inside the aircraft I'd choose a person and enter their mind. Unlike before, this time was the start of hell for me.
I'd get inside and then the aircraft would fail. The fear these poor souls had was indescribable. I tried to exit. No way out. I was totally immersed, trapped and had to stay with the person until the crash. The emotional strain was immense and I'd come so far from the woods in less than a decade.
These continued for decades and eventually I found a way out. This only worked up to where the persons fear was normal. After this point there's no escape.
Although these experiences are real, the exact same in the physical in detail, they were through time and no exit was made. You simply wake up like in a normal dream and if nothing changed in the the first minute or so I'd be safe.
I visited saturn at 9 years old which was exactly as the voyager probe sent back pictures decades later. I've also travelled back in time to see the sphinx and the climate there supported beautiful trees and strange plants with a bustling community.
Is it real like exiting the body?
Only when you're in the kindergarten. Once you leave the RTZ and progress there's no bodily exit. You are there from a dream state or you can phase to a location you choose.
Enough for now...
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.