What was your first astral projection experience like

Previous topic - Next topic

Cool101

So im starting to try astral project again please can you tell me your first astral projection experience

Micael

The line between astral projection and a really vivid, aware lucid dream can be quite thin. Nowadays a lot of people don't even make a distincion but I'll go for the more traditional definition to give my experience. I was simply outside my window 1 or 2 floors up the building and I remember thinking "Wow I was just meditating" but unfortunately the experience ended a few seconds later before I got the chance to do anything because I was a bit excited but also I believe because I layed down to meditate a bit drunk. The only reason I would even go for a meditation after having my drinks was because I was watching a video from Tom Campbell which tends to be inspiring so I just layed down and made sure to let go of my expectations (which alcohol helped) and sure enough it happened.

This was a couple of years back and I haven't really experimented with alcohol and phasing, I wouldn't advise it thought. Can't be that effective consistently much less productive.  :-P
Certain things you just gotta know to experience. Certain things you just gotta experience to know.

LightBeam

My first AP was through an SP and strong vibes approximately three weeks after reading William Buhlman's book and applying the visualization/motion technique. I remember the thrill and excitement the moment I found myself in the astral. I could not believe what had happened and I remember saying to myself, OMG it's really real. First I projected in my room, then I flew from the window and landed on the roof of my house. I looked around. It was twilight, the neighborhood was quiet and there was a mist in the air. I could feel the water drops on my face and it felt really nice. Then I decided to walk around, but instead of walking I was hovering slowly few feet off the ground. It was so incredible and the whole time I was like wow, I am conscious, this is not a dream, I am totally aware of who I am and that my body is sleeping in my room and I am traveling like absolutely conscious. The experience lasted about 15 minutes from my perception, then the next day I felt like the richest person in the world. I felt like I knew a secret only a few knew. I felt grown and the sense of adventure was off the charts. I could not stop smiling and shivering inside, because I had just validated the immortality of ourselves and the fact that all pain and unfairness is just an illusion and there was something much bigger than what we as humans knew.
"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem."
Captain Jack Sparrow

Szaxx

I had trouble sleeping and stayed awake while with my eyes closed.
I then started to see my room and the whole room lit up in a golden light.
At this point I got sat up and found myself floating. I quickly learned how to move and went through walls ect into my neighborhood.
I may have been 3 or 4 years old at that time long ago.
That method changed over the decades.
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

Cool101

My first astral projection was I just looked after falling a sleep I could not really control myself but at a really fast speed I ended up in a place where there were pieces with no floor like the grand canyon but so the place I was mainly open the ground and I saw a lot of waterfalls then there just ramdom pieces of land full of grass and I think 1 tree also so I was flying wiyh like a hundread peaple beside me thats it when I thought it was a good idear just to jump so this is when I started gaining controll so I jumped started  to land on one of them little island with grass and I think 1 tree that is when I ran continued running and jumped started flying again so I started flying with a group again that is when I saw somthing unpleasent trying to get me so it stsrted chaseing me then I started flying really ramdom and eventually stopped following me but I cant remember anything else

mkj

2 years ago:
QuoteAt around 1:30 AM I couldn't sleep at all, so I sat in bed thinking and was very relaxed. Then suddenly I felt a strong jolt of vibrations throughout my entire body that felt amazing. I opened my (nonphysical?) eyes, and tried to move but I couldn't, feeling lightheaded and hearing crackling/popping sounds. The vibrations strengthened, and I lifted my hand out of my body.

Eventually, with the vibrations still going strong, I was literally floating in the air half a foot above my body. I couldn't see anything since it was so dark. Got off the bed and my astral body fell to the floor. I scrambled to get up on my hands and knees and ran to the door, tried putting my arm through it, but was snapped back into my body.

spirited away

My first Ap was rather interesting and scary ( a little bit).  It was early in the morning, I was really tired and woke up and looked at the clock. I had another 30 minutes to nap and so I did. I told myself I have to wake up in 15 minutes and knocked out.  I gained consciousness and got up and walk towards my bathroom, its connected in my room.  I felt sluggish and very heavy, I was dragging my legs to try and get to the bathroom but never makes it.  I will find myself back at laying down in bed looking up the ceiling and confused at why am I back in bed again.  This repeats a couple of times, each time teleporting back to my bed.  I began to suspect something is wrong as I gained more awareness.  Things were misplaced and it didn't seem like it was morning.  The sun should had been up and my room should had been bright.  Things looked a little static.  This is when I met my guides.  A woman and a kid began talking to me.  I was blown away and was like WTF :-o However, I could not see neither of the two. The two directed me back to my bed and placed me back in my body.  The gentle warmth of their hands were shocking. At the time I couldn't grasp what was happening.  Confused and amused at the same time.  I always had the impression that ghost or spirits were cold for some reason.  My guide began talking about this other entity  that was not suppose to be there.  I know... "WTF" again  :?  Even more confused by now.  She had told me details about this entity and how he had ended his physical experience. That is when I saw him, a very bright red orb with blue and electricity all around flying around in my room.  At this point, I told my guides I'm ready to go.  This short journey had awaken me.  Tho it seems scary and confusing at first,  my interest grew and my desire to learn and expand lead me here.. 
Boom chika wow wow!

Loosh

I had Obe's before as a child ( dentist and injury , floating up above )and ghost experiences, but I think my first astral or rtz experience as an adult was one day I got out of bed and walked around my house like any other time. I started noticing that things looked a little...off. The light was different, sort of blue-ish, and the furniture wasn't the same. I sort of stopped in the hallway, turned around and said wait a minute, am I awake? Then back in body.
So cool.

powessy

Quote from: Loosh on June 04, 2014, 03:40:36
I had Obe's before as a child ( dentist and injury , floating up above )and ghost experiences, but I think my first astral or rtz experience as an adult was one day I got out of bed and walked around my house like any other time. I started noticing that things looked a little...off. The light was different, sort of blue-ish, and the furniture wasn't the same. I sort of stopped in the hallway, turned around and said wait a minute, am I awake? Then back in body.
So cool.

hello Loosh

Just wanted to say your user name is unique, do you understand the meaning behind it. I just recently explored some of the thoughts and theory's behind this name/word. I also want to say I love to hear these experiences as I to have had many of them.

Loosh

Quote from: powessy on June 08, 2014, 17:32:05
hello Loosh

Just wanted to say your user name is unique, do you understand the meaning behind it. I just recently explored some of the thoughts and theory's behind this name/word. I also want to say I love to hear these experiences as I to have had many of them.

I took Loosh from Bob Monroe's book, mainly just to show that I have at least read his books before I come here asking questions. From what I understand Loosh is what we create when we feel emotion.

Xanth

The thing about Monroe's "loosh" is that he wrote a chapter or two about it in his second book... then the concept completely vanished from the entirety of everything "Monroe".  Not a single mention of this loosh thing in his third book, not even an mention in passing.  And I don't think I've ever read anything coming out of TMI about it either.

In fact, Jurgen Zieweb (MDM on the Astral Pulse) made a great post about this concept on facebook last year.
https://www.facebook.com/monroeinstitute/posts/10152981599160227

You'd think that if this was something that was real and important, it wouldn't have become a footnote in his 2nd book.

At the time of his second book, Monroe still looked at his non-physical explorations literally.  What he saw and experienced is exactly what he reported back... he didn't get the whole "interpretation" thing.  It wasn't until much later that (around his third book) that I believe this concept began to sink into him.  This is why the "loosh" thing was never taken any further than the 2nd book.  It was a bad interpretation of an experience which he couldn't outright explain himself.

EscapeVelocity

The good---For a few years, starting when I was ten, I would come aware outside in the night, usually in a field near my house. Most of the time I was already flying like Superman and it was the most thrilling experience I could imagine! Zooming low across the ground, buzzing the trees and arcing up into the night sky! Sometimes I would come aware, still on the ground and, knowing I should be able to fly but I couldn't get off the ground! I would take off and reach about fifty feet in the air and then come floating back down, laughing at myself for having forgotten how. Other times, I still couldn't achieve flight, but I could make huge leaps like the Incredible Hulk, leaping hundreds of yards and sometimes as much as a mile.
I had no direct understanding of what this was but I knew this was somehow not dreaming. My suspicions of the nature of consciousness had begun at about age eight and now I was gathering experiential evidence that would lead me forward. I quickly found there was little point in discussing this with anyone in my family; this simply wasn't within the realm of their experiences. Then, I came across Monroe's book, Journeys Out of the Body when I was thirteen.

The bad---During the ages six and seven, I had a terrible recurring experience that I thought was a nightmare but now realize was probably something else. Unlike a normal nightmare that opened with some kind of basic storyline that quickly led to the fearful crisis-point, this experience was different. It was always the same simple, vague situation and I would just slowly gain lucidity to the point of recognizing where I was. It was like sitting on the floor of an infinitely large room, pressed into the corner with dark, gray walls stretching off beyond my vision into darkness. And there was some force or gravity that kept me pressed into the corner where these walls and floor met. I couldn't tell up from down; I could barely see into the darkness. With great effort, I could push away a few inches, but the force would enexorably pull me back. And I was stuck there for what seemed like hours, sometimes the entire night. It wasn't like a nightmare that I could eventually struggle awake from yelling or crying, my mother running into the room to see what's wrong. This experience, I could never escape. There was nothing to do but wait it out, until my awareness gradually faded on its own. After about the fifth time, I knew it would repeat the same, just as before; there was no lack of personal memory, as in most nightmares; I knew exactly where I was and every other time this had happened to me, and I knew I would be stuck here for hours. My face pressed against the wall for hours, endlessly. That just added to the terror. It felt like I was trapped in an insane asylum. Besides the fear and the loneliness was the frustration and anger at not understanding what was happening; I tried telling my parents, but could barely articulate a description; they were baffled and could offer no help. I finally just quit talking about it.

Looking back on it, the probable answer is that I was etherically/RTZ projected and simply floating against the ceiling in a corner of my bedroom. It answers the question of why my awareness faded 'into' and then 'out of' the experience unlike a normal nightmare. It explains the level of lucidity, my continuity of memory and it explains the 'feel'.

I guess I didn't have that crazy, whacked uncle to explain the concept of OBE to me.

But now... I'm that crazy, whacked uncle! :-D
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
                                                          -O. Wilde

powessy

Quote from: powessy on June 08, 2014, 17:32:05
hello Loosh

I was in a conversation with a Project Avalon member when the term came up, I thought the idea sounded interesting, I was trying to explaining a similar theory of my own not yet named. I wonder just how far off this idea is if both of us came up with coincidental thought without ever meeting or discussing this matter.  here is the premise of Robert Monroe's idea for those of you not familiar with it:

"First of all, the group of three 'points' were actually humanoid beings that lived in a physical reality. A man, his mate, and their child. They were of the Neanderthal type of humanoids. The unfamiliar realm was the physical realm, and three of the points of lights were early Earth humans. The other 'point' was a predatory beast that had captured the other three off guard, and was intending on killing, and eating them. The man threw himself in front of the beast and his family, in an act of unconditional love. He moved himself in between them, and fought with the beast. The fight went on for some time, but ended in the death of the man. The beast then killed the woman and the child too.

It was the rare act of unconditional love that was the source of the powerful stream of energy. Of course the non-physicals did not know of love or compassion, these were completely foreign concepts to them. All they worried about was manipulating the 'points', (mankind) into a pattern that would create loosh, (vital energy created by powerful emotion.) The 'patterns' that they created, manifested to the earth humans as 'turmoil'. It is the intent of these non-physical denizens to do whatever they can to manipulate us and keep us in turmoil, for the sole purpose of feeding from the energy that it creates. And as long as we allow ourselves to be manipulated, they will continue to feed on us.

These denizens have manifested themselves as many things throughout history. They have used our own fears and weaknesses to manipulate us into a never ending cycle of war, slavery, hatred corruption and fear because it creates the type of vital energy they require for sustenance. "

Here is the response I gave regarding this which you can also read more here http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthread.php?71914-Not-Everyone-Will-Wake-Up&p=842027&viewfull=1#post842027

"As I read through this several thoughts come streaming forward, the beast or animal is what it is by nature it feels nothing towards the prey other then to satisfy its needs. The family comprised of three satisfies the argument of the three legs of the loosh, but why did the experiment end there was the love of the child by it's mother and the fear of its death not able to produce this energy when the predator turned towards the remaining two. Does this only work when three are involved? "

This is how I see this loosh through my direct experiences.

Loosh this is a very interesting topic for I to was going to share a similar thought but have not came up with a name for it yet. In my minds Eye at the place with the bridge I see three spheres one blue, one red, and one yellow. As I would stare into this place And see Powessy I could see the veins pulsating through his body blue and yellow. My eyes would always focus on him and the bridge never anything beyond the bridge. As I started to wonder the reason for the veins and there color these orbs showed up absolutely huge just floating in the back ground. The fact that these colors can, if mixed, represent every color known to man early art class memories I don't know they are just there. Emotions can also be labeled to colors, but what if the colors represent the key ingredients poured into each soul. A dash of good(blue) a dash of bad(red) and just a little power to animate it(yellow). These primary colors shown below also coordinate with the chakra system.

Aaron330

Quote from: LightBeam on May 26, 2014, 22:26:00
My first AP was through an SP and strong vibes approximately three weeks after reading William Buhlman's book and applying the visualization/motion technique. I remember the thrill and excitement the moment I found myself in the astral. I could not believe what had happened and I remember saying to myself, OMG it's really real. First I projected in my room, then I flew from the window and landed on the roof of my house. I looked around. It was twilight, the neighborhood was quiet and there was a mist in the air. I could feel the water drops on my face and it felt really nice. Then I decided to walk around, but instead of walking I was hovering slowly few feet off the ground. It was so incredible and the whole time I was like wow, I am conscious, this is not a dream, I am totally aware of who I am and that my body is sleeping in my room and I am traveling like absolutely conscious. The experience lasted about 15 minutes from my perception, then the next day I felt like the richest person in the world. I felt like I knew a secret only a few knew. I felt grown and the sense of adventure was off the charts. I could not stop smiling and shivering inside, because I had just validated the immortality of ourselves and the fact that all pain and unfairness is just an illusion and there was something much bigger than what we as humans knew.

wow this was one of the most beautiful experiences I've ever read. Thank you for sharing this LightBeam, I feel very inspired now!
It's hard to say that I'd rather stay awake when I'm asleep; because my dreams are bursting at the seams.

PlasmaAstralProjection

Quote from: Aaron330 on June 14, 2014, 00:52:21
wow this was one of the most beautiful experiences I've ever read. Thank you for sharing this LightBeam, I feel very inspired now!

It's nice to see that your still on this forum Aaron, keep it up. I admit I'm not always here, but I always come back.  :wink:

Cool101

Sounds like some really fun experiences makes me wonna astral project again  :-D