Whats more Fun ?

Previous topic - Next topic

nerofaora

In your opinion. What's more fun?   Astral projection...or Lucid Dreaming ( Xanth your exempt from this question...just kidding  :wink: )

are there certain things that you cant do in one but can in the other?

mon9999

For me its astral projection as its more like a fantasy world.. While lucid dreaming still feels like you are still in a physical body and your sorroundings pretty much look like the physical plane

Cool101

Well you get benifits from both lucid dreaming and astral projection i probely say astral projection just my opinion just because i just explore the astral realm like going to space its like if i meet something example angel i feel like a sence of a achivement but with lucid dreaming nothing bad can happen unless you want to so i still probely say thay are  good and bad things about astral projection and lucid dreaming

Xanth

LABELS!!!  *throws arms up in the air*   :evil:   :-D

Volgerle

Quote from: nerofaora on February 12, 2015, 22:28:11What's more fun?   Astral projection...or Lucid Dreaming

Lucid Projections

(now figure out that  :lol: ).

Xanth

Quote from: Volgerle on February 13, 2015, 22:00:25
Lucid Projections

ROFL  Astral Dream?   :evil: :?

Szaxx

Quote from: Volgerle on February 13, 2015, 22:00:25
Lucid Projections

LMAO,
Superlative gesticulation of 'labelling' the rhetoric.
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

Lucidityman

Hi

:-)  That was funny..  if I had 5 lucid dreams and 5 ep's I would say I had 50/50 or 100 something.. ugh I hate when I have a great thought and then you have to spend time to covernt it into words... Honestly I thought about it and I have fun in both, if I am horny I can have sex in both ld and ep. If I want to just goof off I can do that in both realms..  I guess the only thing that would be different to me would be what environment I am in. When in the ep I sometimes love to do crazy stuff like stand on a hydro wire and just look down at the ground while I am so relaxed just standing on it. Then again when lucid its usually just running my hand up and down a chicks nice tight butt in black jeans..  :-o    The question should be in what realm do you have more respect for beings that you see..lucid or obe. ?

Xanth

Quote from: Lucidityman on February 17, 2015, 00:38:25
The question should be in what realm do you have more respect for beings that you see..lucid or obe. ?
See, now... for me, that question doesn't work because the perspective of what 'reality' (or the quality of that reality) isn't based upon the experience you're having, but entirely dependent on the reality itself.
Historically, people have taken to deriving a hierarchical process to what they experience.  If they experience a reality which they deem "more loving" or "more blissful", then they just assume it's of a higher quality when compared to a reality which doesn't feel as loving or blissful.  So they believe they can place it "above" the other on some sort of subjective hierarchical table. 

It just doesn't work like that though...

Just like there are a myriad of different people/consciousness beings living in this physical reality and all of them are at different points in their "spiritual growth"... you can't (or shouldn't) place them hierarchically.  Everyone is where they are for a reason, and are doing the best they can with what they've got.  Same goes for everything else in consciousness too.  A reality just "is", as much as you and I just "are".  They're not higher or lower than anything else.

Meaning, respect should always be given regardless of where YOU think you are.  :)

PlasmaAstralProjection

Quote from: nerofaora on February 12, 2015, 22:28:11
In your opinion. What's more fun?   Astral projection...or Lucid Dreaming ( Xanth your exempt from this question...just kidding  :wink: )

are there certain things that you cant do in one but can in the other?
Well I will say a few things here. Astral projections are more objective while lucid dreams are more subjective. Many people can't lucid dream very well even if they can astral project well. Conversely the opposite can be true too. Some lucid dreamers can't astral project very well. So we each do what is best for us. Similar to what Xanth said. Personally though if we all had great lucid dreams and astral projections I think most would like astral projections better since they tend to give us better spiritual learning experience since it's more objective than lucid dreaming.

Edit lucid dreaming takes a really good imagination for it to work well.

Good luck.

Xanth

Quote from: PlasmaAstralProjection on February 21, 2015, 00:26:42
Astral projections are more objective while lucid dreams are more subjective.
What makes you make that claim?  What makes you believe that "Astral Projections" are "objective"?

PlasmaAstralProjection

Quote from: Xanth on February 21, 2015, 02:05:37
What makes you make that claim?  What makes you believe that "Astral Projections" are "objective"?
I realize that the astral is an extremely subjective place Xanth. With seemingly very real experiences all being projected by the mind. All I am saying is that compared to lucid dreams astral projections are more objective that is all.

Xanth

Quote from: PlasmaAstralProjection on February 21, 2015, 02:22:52
I realize that the astral is an extremely subjective place Xanth. With seemingly very real experiences all being projected by the mind. All I am saying is that compared to lucid dreams astral projections are more objective that is all.
But why?

PlasmaAstralProjection

Quote from: Xanth on February 21, 2015, 05:48:56
But why?
That is just the impression that I have gotten. I realize in theory that lucid dreaming ain't necessarily more subjective but in practice it is. Perhaps I am wrong. Lucid dreams do seem to be much more associated with just regular dreams than something Out of body. At least if I am out of body I am farther away from my body and mind.

Edit lastly if lucid dreams are just as objective as astral projections then hell what is the difference between them?

Xanth

Quote from: PlasmaAstralProjection on February 21, 2015, 16:27:17
That is just the impression that I have gotten. I realize in theory that lucid dreaming ain't necessarily more subjective but in practice it is. Perhaps I am wrong. Lucid dreams do seem to be much more associated with just regular dreams than something Out of body. At least if I am out of body I am farther away from my body and mind.
But see, you're not actually answering the question.  I'm not trying to be an butt or anything, I'm just trying to get you to think beyond what you THINK you know. 

Where does this impression come from?

QuoteEdit lastly if lucid dreams are just as objective as astral projections then hell what is the difference between them?
Regardless of the content of your question, now you're at least beginning to question things, as you should be. 

You're stuck on this concept of "objective" vs "subjective". 
If something is "objective", what does that mean to you? 
If something is "subjective", what does that mean to you? 

All of these terms and labels begin to break down and lose all their meaning the moment you begin to REALLY inspect them with any detail. 
Too many people simply parrot what's told to them without actually examining what's being said.

PlasmaAstralProjection

Quote from: Xanth on February 21, 2015, 18:48:24
But see, you're not actually answering the question.  I'm not trying to be an butt or anything, I'm just trying to get you to think beyond what you THINK you know.  

Where does this impression come from?
Regardless of the content of your question, now you're at least beginning to question things, as you should be.  

You're stuck on this concept of "objective" vs "subjective".  
If something is "objective", what does that mean to you?  
If something is "subjective", what does that mean to you?  

All of these terms and labels begin to break down and lose all their meaning the moment you begin to REALLY inspect them with any detail.  
Too many people simply parrot what's told to them without actually examining what's being said.
I guess this goes back to your question that was on the other thread. Which is "what is real?" In short my answer is that things that are more objective have a rule set that gives a stronger or much more lasting illusion. While conversely something that don't last very long or is temporary are seen as more subjective. Why do I use the term temporary to mean illusion. Since we and our ego often identify with it temporarily and because we have first hand experience. The greatest show on earth or of that matter the physical, that not even Siegfried and Roy or Harry Houdini could come close to.

That is why I said in theory that astral projections and lucid dreams could be just as subjective as each other. It's like what Thomas Campbell said about things be approximate to each other. It's like when we believed that the world was not round but flat, that was a pretty good approximation and it worked. Thus when I said that lucid dreaming is more subjective than objective that is just a pretty good approximation, that is still true and for all intents and purposes is correct.

Edit This approximation is even more accurate when comparing the physical to the astral or better yet lucid dreaming. Why is that? it's because the rule set for the physical is less temporary and gives illusions that last longer. To further answer your question of where did I learn this. IDK that is just the impressions that I got from things I've read and partially experienced.

soki

I think the answer that PlasmaAstralProjection is searching for is this one: Lucid dream experiences will often be irrelevant to our beliefs, to our physical life experiences. It will often be felt as a creation made by our mind. A lucid dream (label as you say Xanth) would then be an experience that is most likely to be of a lesser importance towards our beliefs and our physical life.

AP feels more like an experience that is not made up by our mind, even if it is (or not? We don't know). It will often change people's vision of our world. It will alter their feelings, and I mean the ones linked with our physical life. It will be felt as a physical experience, which makes it to people ''closer to reality'' (which is true in a way since you are closer to the waking state of consciousness). But it doesn't mean it is experienced in a different realm of consciousness (another label) than LD's are. Maybe it is felt like that because it is induced from the waking state. Which could make you stay more conscious, closer to your awake consciousness.

What Xant is trying to explain is that it doesn't mean they're two distinct phenomenons. Maybe AP is the same thing as a LD, and the only difference is that it is induced from the waking state. The difference in consciousness level between the two of them (since one is induced from the waking state and the other from the sleeping state) is the reason they're seen as two distinct experiences. Maybe they are. But maybe they're only the same experience felt and lived in a different way. So AP and LD are labels. Everything in human society are labels. But sometimes we should wait to have a better understanding about something before labelling it. Then it would get harder to talk about something, to express our vision. This is why labels exist. But they still are only labels, a subjective view of something. And it would be better if they were seen as such so they don't prevent us from seeing other possibilities. Beacuse in these other possibilities might hide the real truth. Or is there any real truth?

Since AP is so badly knowned, the best we can do is theorize. It is a subject that brings a whole lot of questions. Xanth is quite the philosopher! What if is a philosophy question. AP becomes a philosophy question. It makes reality become one. Labels are good when we want to be undertsandable to other people while talking about a subject. But they prevent us from having an overall view of it and it keeps us from getting further in our knowledge about it.

Xanth

That's a great post Soki, thank you.

The last bit I'll say about labels is this... labels are great (and useful!) when you're comparing physical to physical.  For example, when I'm trying to give you directions from one physical location to another physical location, or when I tell you to "please grab me an apple from the kitchen"... I'm using two labels and an action.  "Apple" and "Kitchen" are the labels and the label of the action is "please grab". 

This functionality of labels falls apart completely when we start comparing physical to non-physical. 

It's all in the scope.  :)

PlasmaAstralProjection

I agree with both of you soki and Xanth. So the thing Xanth was trying to point out is that we shouldn't exclusively use labels such as Lucid dreaming and astral projection as we don't know enough about them to make any absolute conclusions as to the nature of these two phenomena since they are so similar to one another. Is that right?

Lucidityman

Hi

Yes.            Shortest answer ever from me.  :-D