When phasing....

Previous topic - Next topic

jub jub

do you try to phase as soon as you go to bed or do you wake during the night after a few sleep cycles to do the deed? What has worked best for you all?
"A moral being is one who is capable of reflecting on his past actions and their motives - approving of some and disapproving of others"  -  Charles Darwin

Stookie

For me, the best time is in the morning after I'm up for an hour or so. My next best time is about 2 hours before bed, but it's not nearly as good as morning times. It's just what I can fit into my schedule. But at bedtime is tough, because I want to go to sleep! I do find my dream recall in the morning is easier with a bedtime attempt, though.

jub jub

Quote from: Stookie on March 21, 2007, 12:06:20
For me, the best time is in the morning after I'm up for an hour or so. My next best time is about 2 hours before bed, but it's not nearly as good as morning times. It's just what I can fit into my schedule. But at bedtime is tough, because I want to go to sleep! I do find my dream recall in the morning is easier with a bedtime attempt, though.

I've been trying to do the phasing thing lately instead of relying on spontaneous OBEs. When I try to separate after a few sleep cycles, I usually wind up staring into the darkness for a half an hour or so with nothing in the way of hypnogogics. If I attempt after just laying down for the night, I get the hypnogogics but my body is not tired enough to go to sleep so eventually come out of the trance. It's a major stumbling block for me.  :-(

I'm with you though, the first night time attempts do allow me to have good dream recall as well, which is a plus I guess.  :-)
"A moral being is one who is capable of reflecting on his past actions and their motives - approving of some and disapproving of others"  -  Charles Darwin

paint1

I usually try around 7pm. I relaxed & well rested & the house is quiet.

AndrewTheSinger

It takes me some cycles before I feel fine enough to try anything. What I can suggest is while you stare into the darkness waiting for the visions you have to throw the bait to the fish. 

Think of something you would like to see, know, experience, the easiest thing to think of is an insect. The simple action of you thinking of an insect will have your mind providing the forms for you. Stare at it from different angles, try to perceive details like colours and texture. After you get the movie going it's easy, just keep on feeding your imagination, bringing new ideas and following them.

Where does this silence come from?

The untold past of the Earth: http://hiddenhistory.awardspace.com