Which book should I read?

Previous topic - Next topic

Which book should I read?

A course in astral travel and dreams (Belzebuub)
0 (0%)
Adventures beyond the body (William Buhlman)
1 (11.1%)
Astral doorways (J.H.Brennan)
0 (0%)
Astral dynamics (Robert Bruce)
8 (88.9%)
Flying without a broom (D.J.Conway)
0 (0%)
Naked soul (Marlene Marie Druhan)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 7

stevj016

Hello everyone,

I typically bought book after book thinking that would be the best way to learn astral projection. Instead I find myself frustrated, flicking through all these different books not knowing which book to follow or where to start. I need to just pick one book, stick to it and hopefully go on from there. I've put the books I've got in the poll, I would appreciate it if you would chose the book you think I should read, bearing in mind I will only read that one.

Thank you for your time,
Stevj016.

Old Dood

Everyone has their own 'Triggers' that open up their 'Awareness'.
You simply need to find yours.

What got me going and it may or may not help you is:
Robert Monroe's books.
Bruce Moen's books.

These are not on your poll.
I also started out with this website before I read or did anything....

Here: http://www.astralvoyage.com/projection/index.html
It is a neat little webpage and this one really helped me....

Also, do not forget to 'Follow your own heart' on what you need to do.
That still quiet voice within your head usually knows what is best for YOU!

Time will Tell...
MY SPECIAL PURPOSE

stevj016

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your reply Old Dood. That website is fantastic, I was on it for ages. Yes I always hear about Monroe's books, the thing is he has so many books and I couldn't pick which one so I just bought different ones from different authors. I would like one of his books though, but I don't know which one to get. Which book of his do you think I should get for someone who wants to learn astral projection?

Thanks,
Stevj016.

radiospirit

Buhlman and one other helped get me started...

dbmathis

Hi stevj016,

My suggestion is to read every book on the subject. I started learning astral projection 3 months ago and here is what I have read so far.

• Adventures Beyond the Body: How to Experience Out-of-Body Travel by William Buhlman
  • Far Journeys by Robert Monroe
  • Journeys Out of the Body by Robert Monroe
  • Out-of-Body Experiences: the Vehram Energy System
  • The Intention Experiment: Using Your Thoughts to Change Your Life and the World by Lynne McTaggart
  • Ultimate Journey by Robert Monroe

Here are the books that I have bought and plan to read next.

• Astral Dynamics: A New Approach to Out-of-Body Experiences by Robert Bruce
  • Our Ultimate Reality, Life, the Universe and Destiny of Mankind by Adrian P. Cooper
  • Elegant Empowerment: Evolution of Consciousness by Peggy Phoenix
  • Voyages into the Unknown (Exploring the Afterlife Series, Vol. 1) by Bruce Moen
  • Voyage Beyond Doubt (Exploring the Afterlife Series , Vol 2) by Bruce Moen
  • Voyages into the Afterlife (Exploring the Afterlife Series, Vol. 3) by Bruce Moen
  • The Secret of the Soul: Using Out-of-Body Experiences to Understand Our True Nature by William L. Buhlman (Author)

The key to success is dedication, practice and immersion. Don't sell yourself short by picking one source of information and think you have found the know all end all.

Find people in your town that share the same interest and meet them and talk about astral projection. Read on the internet about it. Think about it all the time.

For me it's AP for the rest of this life and into the next.

Best Regards

David
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand."

My AP Progress -> http://www.malleablelight.net

CFTraveler

I was going to say, I'd choose more than one, because some of those provide different things for different style of projector.
I'd start with Monroe and Bruce, supplement with Buhlman, and everyone I know loves Moen's works.  (I've visited his website, but never got any of his books.)
If you like to read there's no reason to pick just one, as they all focus on different approaches on projection.
Oh, I forgot to mention Leland.  Don't forget Kurt Leland.

T.L.

What about Robert Monroe? lol. Cosmic journeys is a great book too by one of Monroe's students. Buhlman and Bruce are great authors as well. I would say skip Brennan's (astral doorways) because this guy is full of sh*t, he's also the nut on youtube claiming to have been with a group of people trying to use 'magic' and materialize anubis', and seen his friend lifted off of his feet being strangled. I can tell he is full of it not just because of his unplausable story but his facial expressions just have "liar" written all over them. It seems he leads a boring life and whats to make it seem more exciting. Other books I loved were by the authors Oliver Fox, Sylvan Muldoon. I've read too many books on this subject but those should be great. (Don't just read one)

T.L.

"Yes I always hear about Monroe's books, the thing is he has so many books and I couldn't pick which one so I just bought different ones from different authors. I would like one of his books though, but I don't know which one to get"

Journeys out of the body (Rober monroe) is the first one you should read of his series because it's the first one he wrote out of the series of three he wrote (Journeys out of the body/Far Journeys/Ultimate Journey)

dbmathis

I was actually an oddball and read Monroe's books in reverse :). It's somewhat easier to see inconsistencies that way, although I have found only a few.

The terminology he used seemed to have evolved over time.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand."

Old Dood

Quote from: T.L. on April 08, 2009, 22:42:30
"Yes I always hear about Monroe's books, the thing is he has so many books and I couldn't pick which one so I just bought different ones from different authors. I would like one of his books though, but I don't know which one to get"

Journeys out of the body (Rober monroe) is the first one you should read of his series because it's the first one he wrote out of the series of three he wrote (Journeys out of the body/Far Journeys/Ultimate Journey)

I agree with this.
Start out with Monroe then read Bruce Moen's books.
You will understand Bruce Moen's books that much more by already understanding Monroe's 'terms' and such.

What I liked about Moen was that he was very skeptical while writing most of his books.
He would not commit (yet) to this being 'real' until he did it for years.
Time will Tell...
MY SPECIAL PURPOSE

CFTraveler

Quote from: Old Dood on April 09, 2009, 10:24:43
I agree with this.
Start out with Monroe then read Bruce Moen's books.
You will understand Bruce Moen's books that much more by already understanding Monroe's 'terms' and such.

What I liked about Moen was that he was very skeptical while writing most of his books.
He would not commit (yet) to this being 'real' until he did it for years.
You know, I've asked before for a good 'starting' Moen book (I've read all Monroe's books)  and every time I ask I get "they're all good".  Can you recommend one to start?  I don't want to buy them all, at least not at once.

Old Dood

Quote from: CFTraveler on April 09, 2009, 14:53:23
You know, I've asked before for a good 'starting' Moen book (I've read all Monroe's books)  and every time I ask I get "they're all good".  Can you recommend one to start?  I don't want to buy them all, at least not at once.

If you asked me and I did not respond then I apologize.  I could have missed it.  I am not on this forum all that much.

I would start with the first actually.  It may be slow reading since you probably know a lot of it but, they ALL have their place.
Try the library if you do not want to spend any money on them.
Time will Tell...
MY SPECIAL PURPOSE

CFTraveler

dbmathis

Hi stevj016,

I just wanted to point out that some of the books I mentioned above are not directly related to astral projection. I think we must consider other things too when trying to achieve our goals. I have listed books related to energy work and intention too.

Best Regards

David

c0sm0nautt

Bruces book is the most technical. Buhlmans book is interesting and somewhat technical. I didn't learn much from Monroes book other then the sheer possibilities of the human experience. Start with Buhlman and do Bruce second.
Check out my blog @ http://astralsun.blogspot.com/

Rito

Ahem.. stop reading and start working! (Please dont hit me  :lol:)
"They alone live who live for others..." -Swami Vivekananda