why are some peaple soo negative about obe /astral projection

Previous topic - Next topic

Cool101

i read quite a lot of Robert Bruces astral projection anyway i get too my point

Robert Bruce uses so much negativity in his books like with the entaties secton of the 90 day program book he makes everything scarier then it honestly is  like my friend read his books and came up too me wanting to stop astral projecting all because off the stuff he has read in this book i read it and i think the stuff about possession and demons he over reacts

my point is that i think less experienced astral projecters should not read this i know that i wont get killed or whatever on the astral plane ive been doing it for 6 years but i feel robert is just putting another fear on the list of new or unexperienced astral projecters what do you think

Xanth

The problem is that a lot of people take their experiences too literally... this causes them to become Fearful when they experience something which they arbitrarily label as "negative". 
What's important to realize is that WHAT you experience is objective, but HOW you experience it is subjective.

What I mean is this... you could experience something like a "demon" chasing you down a scary looking corridor.  Meanwhile, it could just be some entity who wants to chat you up.  The objective part of this experience would be that "an entity wants to meet you".  The subjective part of the experience is HOW you actually experience it... in this case, you allowed your Fear to get the better of you and it created a scenario where this entity was a "demon" and the environment was equally created via a Fear response. 

If you had remained calm and emotionally centered, the subjective experience would have probably been much closer to the objective nature of the experience... and you might have ended up, instead, with a nice discussion with some form of an entity. 

See what I mean?  Never allow your Fear to control your experiences... it has a way of causing you to miss out on a lot.

Cool101

you are right and to be honest i had to learn the hard way when i first started but after doing it so many years i want to help peaple astral project but as i said in the last post my friend is really scared and believes everything that are in books but maybe he just is not ready i just want more peaple to experience the great experiences that astral projection can give you

Volgerle

It also gets demonized by religious fundamentalist groups. The web is full of this. The controllers' power over their 'followers' is threatened if they discover their own spirituality by themselves through experience and action instead of only listening to dogmatic sermons and reading scripture. They might start thinking for themselves and cannot be manipulated anymore. Hence they need fear and prohibition to keep them in check.

Bluefirephoenix

Someone who be in heaven and talk to God personally is impossible to control.  This is why it's discouraged.

Xanth

Quote from: Volgerle on January 21, 2015, 06:45:05
It also gets demonized by religious fundamentalist groups. The web is full of this. The controllers' power over their 'followers' is threatened if they discover their own spirituality by themselves through experience and action instead of only listening to dogmatic sermons and reading scripture. They might start thinking for themselves and cannot be manipulated anymore. Hence they need fear and prohibition to keep them in check.
Oh exactly.  Religion jumps all over this kind of thing.  These kind of literal translations of experiences have driven religious fervor for probably as long as man has existed.

Take Robert Bruce and one of his experiences he enjoys sharing about the white knights that showed up during one of his experiences... he now fully believes there are these "white knights" which anyone and everyone SHOULD pursue and meet.  >_<  He doesn't understand the "metaphor" thing in relation to the non-physical.

((Sorry to jump all over Robert Bruce, but he's provides many fine examples of exactly what we're talking about.  LOL  He's a nice guy.  Really.  :) ))

Here's the interview I was referring to above: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSOZ4rqA7Cg