why do you try to project?

Previous topic - Next topic

violetlight

greetings all:

ive been away for some time, trying to live more in teh real world these days  :wink:

this may seem like an obvious question, but im wondering- why do people try to project?

are you hoping to achieve/ learn somthing?

is it a form of escape from the real world?

is it for kicks?

why do we do anything i suppose!

violet
"Most people do not really want freedom, because freedom involves responsibility, and most people are frightened of responsibility."  -- Sigmund Freud

bjb1234

I think people just all want the truth or to experience something out of this world.

Its what we all seek, confirmation that there is more to the universe than we can see / currently measure.

Even the people who dont believe in god or any sort of other dimension to the universe, they want to believe, i think they realllllly want to believe in something, but they cant get any sort of understanding or proof that satisfys them in the 21st century.

They will accept any theory or explanation from scientists over anything not by scientists.

For example, they take sciences current opinion and ideas on astral projection as fact, altho there just ideas and theories.

Everybody is desperate for ideas and truth and something to believe.

I think it would be great if the christian/muslim god was true.

There is no justice in this world, bad people always get away with stuff, good people get shitted on.  Atleast if judgement existed true justice would exist and bad people would get people what they deserve.

David Warner

Hello Violetlight and BJB1234,

First, you both present some excellent questions and bring to the table good ideas.
From a avid experienced projectionist view, I can offer the following questions to be answered:

--ive been away for some time, trying to live more in teh real world these days  :wink:
I live in the real world too - pay bills, am a loving husband, hard working, hospice volunteer
companion to the dying, college grad, professional IT consultant etc.. Balence is the key
between both worlds. I know your kidding around, it does come down to balence of both
spiritual and physical.

--this may seem like an obvious question, but im wondering- why do people try to project?
spiritual understanding, growing, and education of life & death. Back in 1987 when I first started
it was to find out if life after death does exist. Experiement with alternate realities, explore
and peek into women's locker rooms.. Now, 20yrs later it's been a major shift to opening up,
caring, and giving back love to the world. Church, hospice work, friends, family, on-line forums

--are you hoping to achieve/ learn somthing?
I still have a long way to go, but I am getting there little by little. Again, it comes with projecting and opening up. Not just about going on a wild fantasy trip, but being taught from spiritual angels, guides - how to help physical or non-physical souls.

--is it a form of escape from the real world?
both worlds are real so there is no real escape. define real.. when you dream of something that becomes physical tangible with validation even at point of the idea it was a thought. hence, where our consciousness resides in thought that we bring to a physical tangible material object. so if i dream of my yard fence to be stained i can take action on that thought or just dream about. the two are the same.

--is it for kicks?
in the begining, it was a calling to something greater that i could learn, as if i have done this before and wanted to know more. kicks, showing off, secret hidden power is not what it's about. it's how you use the information personally and external in the physical and astral.

--why do we do anything i suppose!
i am a musician, writer, composer.. i enjoy collaborating, playing and expressing emotion, creativity through music. i'm also a professional IT consultant and enjoy the technology and my job. it has taken me a long time to arrive at this and i still have a lot more to learn.. life is a never ending learning experience and we must challenge ourshelves to be better with the resources we have available. when we pass from the physical to spiritual we don't stop learning...

In order to have truth, you have to go after it and find out for yourself personally. You don't need to be sold into wanting to believe, it has to be experienced repeatdly and see the progression. Just because you say the earth is round, I have to challenge that and find out, study, learn, and see for myself to draw conclusions. When one learns about the obe, digest as much that you can, be humble about it, educate yourself but even more - experience it and grow.

God, Allah, Great Spirit Eagle = one, its all a matter of culture, traditions, race, and worship that the different religions see God.

Hope this helps..

Tvos

InvisibleLight - Book Release 12.12.2012
www.invisiblelight.us

Milkdrops

with me its quite simply to experience alternate realities/dimensions, to see if the soul/spirit/energy that is really all of us, can exist outside our physical bodies.

owenp185

I like\try to project for many reasons first of i don't have a belief in a particular religion so now i have my own faith in spirituality and what happens when i die so i want to learn as much as i can. I used  most science as fact but im more open minded about what is fact or not. Just because top scientists may have big IQ,s it doesn't meen they know everything if they want to explain something and have no evidence they will make theory's which is the same as anyone else's opinion.

Astral whether it is in your mind or actually exiting the body its  like having a room in your house where you can go and do what you want exploring practically anywhere and gain insight into the things they never knew existed. If it was some electric devise which made people have projections they would be buying it for allot of money but we have it for free. Other people may not be open minded to even try it out but its there loss i want to spend the time im not out with mates in the astral or lucid even.  Also since practising meditating it has already changed me in many ways.

SSJ4SephirothX

All of the above!

I attempt to project because I want to experience it.  I am a spiritual person, but not in a organized religion sense.  I want to have the ability to project to see other parts of the universe, to travel through different planes, to see things like I have never seen them before and also to interact with other energies/souls.

I suppose the main reason in this point in time for me attempting to project is to successfully project while conscious!  I have yet to do this yet I have memories of doing this as a child and actually waking up during a OOBE.  I would like to harness the skill of consciously projecting so that I can be more experienced in this subject.  Once I have a successful OOBE, I will be that much more experienced and knowledgable in Astral Projection and it's similar subjects.

Does that make sense?  Sorry, I'm kind of tired.  :lol:
"We will make everything metal! Blacker than the blackest black, times infinity!"

Norsk Black Metal ist Krieg! \m/ ^O-O^ \m/

iNNERvOYAGER

Some questions I have.

Can the ability to project (or to have memory of inner explorations) give us a physical evolutionary advantage? Does having, or inheriting this trait help us to survive ( to pass on genes) ?

Does the success of a survival machine ( living organism) have anythng to do with spirituality.

Will the desire to explore the universe help the evolution and survival of our species. Have we already failed? Perhaps it's time to step aside and to let another experiment begin.

I think the desire to project and explore the inner worlds becomes very strong when we get tired of the perpetual competition for resources game of this existance and it gets time to move on and learn something new.

jason

Many people seem to make the silly assumption that obe/astral travel is just about escaping from yourself.It's actually the exact opposite: real illusions are left behind, & your just left w/yourself,l & the exploration of your own conciousness.

Plus, well, it's just fun :-D
The musical conciousness is mind beneath the sun.