Why doing OBE?

Previous topic - Next topic

Major Tom

<...

James S

For me, being able to send my counsciousness into the astral has meant being able to meet with my guide and learn things from her that have had and will have mind-boggling effects on my life and the way I look at things.
It is an increadible learning experience.

fredhedd

i believe what most say about man naturally craving knowledge.  expanding our consciousness may be the same thing, or very close to it.  expanding our consciousness through experience (oobe) may lead to a greater amount of knowledge understood faster than reading or learning about something.  directly experiencing one of the few things that i consider to be one of the first steps in expanding our consciousness, instead of just knowing or reading about it,  is also a very  important step in our spiritual evolution.  

i believe understanding as much as possible about dreaming to be another important step in expanding our consciousness.  

spiritual evolution seems to be the natural way to progress, especially given the time period that we are in.  our physical evolution is now going to be taken care of, so to speak, by the scientists who have cracked all of those genome codes.  we're not going to have to naturally evolve to our climates and conditions anymore, like darwin says we have done.  we are going to be super humans, physically and mentally.

i believe the fun, curiousity, and power are all side effects of this progress.

Tia

I've thought about this a lot.  It boils down to simply expanding consciousness.  I think, once you have some knowledge - theres no turning away from it, only a forward movement, like it or not.

andy

For myself o.b.es are a goal to focus on as a way to better undestand all things.The super like state conciousness and completely peaceful experience are the one real positive aspect I have experienced in my otherwise negitive life.
I also believe that it is a part of our evolution and may just lead to global unification.Not that ill be around to see it,but its a nice thought!

Peace!

Paukki

When being drawn in the direction of attempting OBE, originally, for me, it was to break out of stasis.  You know.  Adventure!  But I can only give an opinion about what OBE's "real" purpose might be, and that would be:  to experience what is real!  (Can you hear the roaring laughter of the skeptic, in the background?)   In that sense, I am one of a growing crowd who, having heard of miraculous things, would like to see for themselves.  To know.  To experience.  Not just to hear from someone else and pin all one's faith on that.  Right now I don't want to give much thought as to how this is going to possibly turn me into a "better person", or some such thing.  I just hear the call of the mountains and I have to go there, because that is my nature.  
--Paukki

alpha

My reasons now are to become my true self,or get closer too atleast.And rid myself of as many useless fears(All)as I can.

As for special powers I think we  already have them.http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile_wink.gif" border=0>

ALPHA

-------------------------------
"WAKE UP!WAKEUP!WAKE UP AND LOOK AROUND YOU!WERE LOST IN SPACE AND THE TIME IS OUR HOME"
-------------------------------

Donna

Hi all,
I read this several days ago and have had to give it some thought. I am pretty much a home body, so when I need information that would take a trip to find out I prefer simply making an OBE. I have visited my daughter's house in Lousiana and when I described it to her it was to a "T" including a large concrete post in the front yard. She had told me nothing about the place beforehand. A little boy had been struck by a car in our neighborhood and I was concerned about him. I know the parents, they have three young boys. I could not find out his name or any more information, so I projected to the Emergency Room at the hospital, where I viewed his condition and knew his name was Stephen. This I later confirmed by asking my son to find out for me.
Visiting the realms is also a wonderful experience. Seeing and learning from beingings who appear as pillars of light, and those who can transform themselves into orbs of irredescent light at will is an amazing experience. But above all that, it has brought me to realize a wonderful truth, we are all much more than we appear to be here.
Donna

EnsoƱador

Hello everyone:

I thing its important to discuss the purpose of doing Obe. Besides fun, curiosity, and power, what do you think OBE is for? For me its a way to remember what we really are and where we really come from and go. Its about freedom, love and wisdom. I think we should consider powers, fun and curiosity a side effect of a more profund and existencial meaning. What do you believe?