Working hard

Previous topic - Next topic

radman32

So last night in bed ...
I've now been able to get completely relaxed and deep in meditation w/o breathing or other senses creep back up on me. I was only aware of a portion of the right side of my face.
I was doing a tactile exercise to try to appear in that exercise ... and what I was doing was getting in and out of my van. I would slam the door on the way out, and slam it on the way in. I could feel the response of many different memories of getting into the van. I had about 8 different tactile responses. I could actually feel the vibration of slamming a door on my back, or of the rush of jumping out. After all this, I got discouraged because it didn't tug me out. I then just did some visual projection techniques, all seemed half-effective. I tried expanding 6' outwards to the side, twirling; shooting out the top of my head by a golden line tugging at my crown, which caused me to briefly see a point of light. Other than that, I got completely frustrated and had to swallow, for my mouth was full!
I probably should have tried to induce hypnogogic imagery to reach the edge, for I was partially awake.

How do you guys take care of saliva build-up before you shut down and stay awake? Have you guys had success doing those exercises still partially awake? How far did you have to go to break out?

Earlier that day I took a nap for an hour, and I remember waking from two dreams and checking the time after each. I remember once I came out of my second dream I came full force back through my heart.

Xanth

Quote from: radman32 on January 06, 2011, 13:10:53
How do you guys take care of saliva build-up before you shut down and stay awake?
It can be troublesome from time to time... if it becomes a problem, I generally just quit and go do something else.  But you can minimize it by drinking water and staying away from soda shortly before your practice time.

QuoteHave you guys had success doing those exercises still partially awake?
You mean a conscious exit?  A lot of people do.  :)
I'm working on that aspect of projections myself right now and have been able to get my foot in the door several times.

Jarrod

QuoteHow do you guys take care of saliva build-up before you shut down and stay awake?

I can't consciously project yet, but saliva build up isn't a problem for me.  When my body is sufficiently relaxed and thinks I'm sleeping the swallowing reflex kicks in.  When enough saliva builds up in my mouth my body swallows it all on it's own, just like it does when I'm sleeping normally.  It can be an odd feeling if you're not expecting it.  That state is very easy for me to get into consciously but I can never actually project.  I think that most people's bodies have that reflex so if you learn how to let it relax enough and take your focus off of it saliva build up shouldn't be a problem.

Pauli2

Quote from: radman32 on January 06, 2011, 13:10:53
How do you guys take care of saliva build-up before you shut down and stay awake? Have you guys had success doing those exercises still partially awake?

I think it disappears over time. I don't get saliva any more. If I get, I swallow, and that usually only happens in the early phase. Eventually I tend to get dry in my throat instead.
Former PauliEffect (got lost on server crash), http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pauli_effect

NoY

yeah i only get it in the first 10 mins then i get a dry throat to  :|

:NoY: