Working With Sleep Paralysis

Previous topic - Next topic

S7

I have had bouts of sleep paralysis on and off throughout the years and have never been able to turn them into successful projections. Each and everytime I freak out about it and will myself out of it. For the last few nights I've experienced sleep paralysis more frequently than ever. The other night I kept waking up after willing myself out of it and everytime I went back to sleep it would start again. This happened a total of probably 4-5 times. I know this condition is supposed to be extremely conducive to projecting sucessfully but I can't seem to make myself surrender to it and project. I freak every time it happens. I keep telling myself that when it happens again I will let it happen and not try to wake myself up. Is there anything I can do get past this and use it to my advantage?

Clinton

Hi there

What works for me is to focus on my breathing, sleep paralysis was the catalyst for me as I've been having it since the age of 6 or 7.

Two essentials are breathing deeply and relaxing, you're so close *naughty smile*
"where are we, are we there yet?"

BOATS

I have discovered that if I focus on my breathing and take some deep breaths in an attempt to increase my energy level I can roll out to my left off the bed.  I just try to distance myself from my body at that point. 

gillian

Familiarity through regular practice will get you to the point where you freak out less and less.  Practice so that you can get to that point every day and eventually your mind will realize that nothing bad has happened and it will find space to move further.

Jelal67

Just relax and go with the flow, thats what I do, and it works every time...

I'd rather spend my life attempting to make myself happy rather than prevent myself from being unhappy.

S7

Thanks for the feedback on this. It's strange but once again the bout of sleep paralysis has gone now. I have them consecutive nights for awhile and then all of a sudden they're gone. I don't really seem to have any control in making it happen.

dRealM

i feel the same some times... i've got so many questions its stupid but you've asked a good one..  I sometimes feel sleep paralysis while in my bed and starting to fall off to sleep.. but to me it feels like i'm pressing my legs against my bed with tons of force.. and when i notice myself doing it i relax my legs and then i pretty much lose any odd sensation that I was feeling.. pulsing body.. waves of energy crashing into me.. i don't get it.. but once i'm asleep.. i'll be doing something.. walking around.. working at a place i haven't worked in years.. talking to someone i haven't seen in years..  what ever the task... then all the sudden my legs get crazy heavy.. like i have no control over them.. i have to use my arms to move my legs just inches at a time.. paralysis.. i don't usually wake up at this point.. i just get ticked and my dream will change.. and i go on with my dream like nothing happens.  uber frustration...

Lockianhound

I used to have regular bouts of sleep paralysis too, it can be very unpleasant, like being buried alive in a coffin the exact size and shape as your own body. Sorry, that mental image probably doesn't help much does it   :| Someone, I think, in this forum, suggested that concentrating on just moving your big toe will break the paralysis. I've never tried that but something that did work well for me is simply just relaxing and opening my eyes. The eyes apparently, are not paralysed in sleep. Many times this has worked for me, but once, I only thought I'd opened my eyes. I was seeing my room but my eyes were actually still closed. That was Astral sight I guess.

I eventually realised that the trigger for my sleep paralysis was my sleeping position It would only happen when I slept on my back or on my right hand side but never when I slept on my left side. Just some things that you might want to test out. If you know you have control over it, you'll know that you don't have to start panicking and fighting against it.

I can confirm though, that if you can just relax and go with it, sleep paralysis can be converted very easily into an OBE. Try moving your arm, and eventually you should feel an astral arm moving, then move an astral leg then just stand up and walk away from your body. Hey presto you're having an OBE.

spiritchaser

The technique I use regarding sleep paralysis to enter a state of Lucid Dreaming or AP is to give my attention to the little screen pertaining my 6th Chakra, usually I'll find myself in a state where everything is tool real to be real. so solid, and so amazing.