Would like some help from experienced projectors.

Previous topic - Next topic

weirdben

I intend on projecting. I hold little doubt that I can, as I've had similar experiences to astral travel- including lucid dreaming and a state achieved via drug use (unsure if this was astral projection.) Anyway, I have some doubts, not of my ability to astral project, but of being able to control my thoughts. I know (or at least have heard) that your thoughts create your reality in the astral realm (ie. imagine being in your body and you will be back, imagine accessing the Akashic records(and after much practice) you should be able to access them.)) However, are there any limitations to this effect? Previously during a lucid dream, i became very frightened because I knew I was conscious- but something didn't feel right and instantly my mother who was cooking in the kitchen began screaming and turned into a demonic entity. After some terror and painful electric shocks to my head, i awoke.
I don't necessarily fear this happening again, because I will probably know that I am only projecting, but I would still like to know a few things.

1. Are your emotions and fears portrayed in your environment during astral projections?
2. Does everyone see the silver cord?
3. If I cannot get an unwanted thought out of my head, such as, the severing of my silver cord, can it actually break? Can I die just by imagining it? Or will no amount of imagination be able to sever this cord?
4. I am slightly nervous about being able to re-enter my body once out. Has anyone ever gotten stuck for any amount of time? Any sure-fire ways to get back in my body? Do I actually have to walk back to my body or can I awaken from this state no matter where I am?
5. Are the electric shocks that I mentioned supposed to be painful? Has anyone else experienced this?

I apologize on the behalf of the length and quantity of my questions, I suppose I am just very nervous about astral travel... And yes, I know. I will not attempt until emotionally ready.
Thanks in advance. :]

NoY

1 sometimes, you just need to chill out abit :)
2 no not everybody sees a silver cord
3 you never leave your body you just operate two or 3 body's at the same time
only the light body and or mental body move away from your physical

4 you will always be in your body so don't worry about being locked out
5 electric shocks and strong vibrations are common you will get used to them over time they will prolly disappear completely

Welcome to the Pulse  8-)

:NoY:

Xanth

Hi weirdben!

Welcome to the Astral Pulse!  :)

Quote from: weirdben on January 25, 2011, 17:45:26
I intend on projecting. I hold little doubt that I can, as I've had similar experiences to astral travel- including lucid dreaming and a state achieved via drug use (unsure if this was astral projection.) Anyway, I have some doubts, not of my ability to astral project, but of being able to control my thoughts. I know (or at least have heard) that your thoughts create your reality in the astral realm (ie. imagine being in your body and you will be back, imagine accessing the Akashic records(and after much practice) you should be able to access them.)) However, are there any limitations to this effect? Previously during a lucid dream, i became very frightened because I knew I was conscious- but something didn't feel right and instantly my mother who was cooking in the kitchen began screaming and turned into a demonic entity. After some terror and painful electric shocks to my head, i awoke.
I don't necessarily fear this happening again, because I will probably know that I am only projecting, but I would still like to know a few things.
You sound like you're doing well so far!  Let's go over your questions quickly.  :)

Quote1. Are your emotions and fears portrayed in your environment during astral projections?
If they're not kept under control, like you mentioned then yes.  The experience you listed above is a perfect example of that rule in action.  

Quote2. Does everyone see the silver cord?
The general consensus on this forum, I believe, is that it's a belief construct only and doesn't exist outside that.  So if you don't believe you'll see one, you won't see one.  :)

Quote3. If I cannot get an unwanted thought out of my head, such as, the severing of my silver cord, can it actually break? Can I die just by imagining it? Or will no amount of imagination be able to sever this cord?
I believe it doesn't objectively exist... as such, you can do whatever you want with it should you encounter it and you'll be fine.  

Quote4. I am slightly nervous about being able to re-enter my body once out. Has anyone ever gotten stuck for any amount of time? Any sure-fire ways to get back in my body? Do I actually have to walk back to my body or can I awaken from this state no matter where I am?
You should have no troubles getting back.  A sure fire way is to focus on moving a single finger on your physical body while out... that should snap you right back.  If that doesn't work, at the very least just a thought towards your body will do.  :)

Quote5. Are the electric shocks that I mentioned supposed to be painful? Has anyone else experienced this?
First, realize that when you're out, you're non-physical... your non-physical body isn't even a real body, it's just a perception of your belief that you need a body to travel places.  With that said, you have no pain receptors for which to feel pain with.  The pain you felt was a BELIEF that you'd feel pain.... I mean, it's "common sense" to know that if you get shocked, it hurts, right?  Well, that's what happened... you got shocked and because you expected pain, there was pain.  :)

QuoteI apologize on the behalf of the length and quantity of my questions, I suppose I am just very nervous about astral travel... And yes, I know. I will not attempt until emotionally ready.
Being nervous of the unknown is quite normal.  Perfectly natural.   :)
You're asking all the right questions and it sounds like you have everything well in hand.

Lexy

1. Yes
2. No
3. Cord is an illusion
4. I remember a couple girls saying they got stuck but I think it was really sleep paralysis.....just think of your body & you will be there.
5. I've experienced pain but nothing very serious....gone in 60 seconds.
"Life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves."

weirdben

thank you so much for your replies. :] I am already feeling much more assured!
I especially appreciate you sharing your understanding of the silver cord, Ryan. I too speculated that this could be illusory. (i mean, if you expect to see one, why wouldn't you?)

anyway, i think i'm sufficiently satisfied with the present answers, but others who maintain a different understanding may continue to post responses. :]

AlanRK

Quote from: weirdben on January 25, 2011, 17:45:26
I know (or at least have heard) that your thoughts create your reality in the astral realm (ie. imagine being in your body and you will be back, imagine accessing the Akashic records(and after much practice) you should be able to access them.))
This is kind of true, but people take this concept to ridiculous extremes. People on this forum seem to follow this line of thought religiously, and it is for that reason my treatment of this concept will sound harsh.

Thoughts themselves do not impact the astral a great deal, it really depends on how intense they are and other various factors. Most thoughts will have little to no effect on the astral. The few thoughts that do will be temporary illusions, and they are easily dispelled or distinguished from reality.

Quote from: weirdben on January 25, 2011, 17:45:26However, are there any limitations to this effect?
Yes. It is not as strong as people seem to think it is. For those people for which this effect is very prominent, I can only conclude that they are beginner projectors or just quite poor at it.

Quote from: weirdben on January 25, 2011, 17:45:26Previously during a lucid dream, i became very frightened because I knew I was conscious- but something didn't feel right and instantly my mother who was cooking in the kitchen began screaming and turned into a demonic entity. After some terror and painful electric shocks to my head, i awoke.
That sounds interesting. Draw your conclusions carefully.

Quote from: weirdben on January 25, 2011, 17:45:261. Are your emotions and fears portrayed in your environment during astral projections?
Generally no, but it can happen easily depending on how conscious you are and where you are.
Quote from: weirdben on January 25, 2011, 17:45:262. Does everyone see the silver cord?
Generally no.
Quote from: weirdben on January 25, 2011, 17:45:263. If I cannot get an unwanted thought out of my head, such as, the severing of my silver cord, can it actually break? Can I die just by imagining it? Or will no amount of imagination be able to sever this cord?
This will not happen, you are at no risk of physically dying in the astral whatsoever.
Quote from: weirdben on January 25, 2011, 17:45:264. I am slightly nervous about being able to re-enter my body once out. Has anyone ever gotten stuck for any amount of time? Any sure-fire ways to get back in my body? Do I actually have to walk back to my body or can I awaken from this state no matter where I am?
You are at no risk of not being able to get back to your body whatsoever. You only have to think of your body and you will return at the speed of thought.
Quote from: weirdben on January 25, 2011, 17:45:265. Are the electric shocks that I mentioned supposed to be painful? Has anyone else experienced this?
I don't know exactly what you've experienced, but I've experienced things I would also describe as electric shocks, and yes they were quite painful.

Quote from: weirdben on January 25, 2011, 17:45:26I apologize on the behalf of the length and quantity of my questions, I suppose I am just very nervous about astral travel... And yes, I know. I will not attempt until emotionally ready.
Don't be nervous, there's nothing to fear except that which you want to fear. Don't forget you've been astral projecting your whole life. You don't have to be "emotionally ready" to project, but you do need to learn to control your emotions whilst in the astral as they can disrupt your experiences.

Quote from: Xanth on January 25, 2011, 17:59:25
First, realize that when you're out, you're non-physical... your non-physical body isn't even a real body, it's just a perception of your belief that you need a body to travel places.
This is false.

Quote from: Xanth on January 25, 2011, 17:59:25With that said, you have no pain receptors for which to feel pain with.  The pain you felt was a BELIEF that you'd feel pain.... I mean, it's "common sense" to know that if you get shocked, it hurts, right?  Well, that's what happened... you got shocked and because you expected pain, there was pain.  :)
And this is also false.

Xanth, I'm sorry but this is getting to the point of absurdity... I do not think you are very experienced and your conclusions about how the astral works are very cliché'd and poorly-drawn. I wish you would limit your advice to newcomers, as a lot of it is bad. I have nothing against you personally through saying this, I am just noting that many people are becoming almost indoctrinated by this limiting pseudo-philosophical crap you and others spread and I think it harms the few genuinely inquisitive seekers of truth out there. I suspect that your own experience level is so low is because you were indoctrinated by this impractical philosophy very early on and it has limited your experiences ever since. This is a pattern I'm seeing a lot in projectors with low experience who follow this way of thinking.

You don't have to reply to this, I just wanted to get that out there (to everyone who is spreading this pseudo-philosophy, not just Xanth).

Xanth

Quote from: AlanRK on January 26, 2011, 11:56:58
Xanth, I'm sorry but this is getting to the point of absurdity... I do not think you are very experienced and your conclusions about how the astral works are very cliché'd and poorly-drawn. I wish you would limit your advice to newcomers, as a lot of it is bad. I have nothing against you personally through saying this, I am just noting that many people are becoming almost indoctrinated by this limiting pseudo-philosophical crap you and others spread and I think it harms the few genuinely inquisitive seekers of truth out there. I suspect that your own experience level is so low is because you were indoctrinated by this impractical philosophy very early on and it has limited your experiences ever since. This is a pattern I'm seeing a lot in projectors with low experience who follow this way of thinking.

You don't have to reply to this, I just wanted to get that out there (to everyone who is spreading this pseudo-philosophy, not just Xanth).
That's fine Alan.  You're more than welcome to your opinion.  :)

Although, I do request that you RESPECT other people's opinions, as I do with yours.  This is a forum of respect and once respect gets tossed out the window, then we might as well just close up class and be done with it cause nothing gets learned if we're all doing nothing but squabbling at each other.

AlanRK

Quote from: Xanth on January 26, 2011, 12:07:33Although, I do request that you RESPECT other people's opinions, as I do with yours.  This is a forum of respect and once respect gets tossed out the window, then we might as well just close up class and be done with it cause nothing gets learned if we're all doing nothing but squabbling at each other.
No. An environment where people are deadset on respecting opinions and beliefs is one of stagnation. I have never asked anyone to respect my opinions or beliefs because they're not worth respecting; no belief is. Belief is the absence of knowledge, thus it is worthless. I rarely post my beliefs here, but when I do I do not expect anyone to respect them. I do not know how you have arrived at the conclusion that respecting beliefs as holy = conductive for learning. In case you forgot, belief systems are rampant on this Earth and most people are ignorant because of it. I'm sure that if people here wanted to discuss beliefs instead of truth they would just head into their nearest church. I believe there is even a religion section here for them to congregate, yay for them. Maybe it is my fault for assuming a forum about astral projection would be interested in truth and knowledge, and not playing the "beliefs are sacred" game.

Your reply to me is unheeded since I have no motivation to respect your opinions or beliefs. I have shown full respect towards you and that is all that is important.

Naykid

I have felt pain in the astral, several times.   I have no idea what "body" I use to project, I really could care less.  I don't need to know the mechanics behind everything that happens to me, but I do realize there are folks out there that need to know. 

I stand by the belief that the astral is as personal as a fingerprint or DNA and there is no way we will all figure out what really, truly goes on.

Lexy

Hi Alan

Instead of putting everyone down & being so mad...why don't you just say your truth? Just post your truth...there's no need to behave so superior. Just saying.  :|

Naykid

Quote from: Lexy on January 26, 2011, 13:12:24
Hi Alan

Instead of putting everyone down & being so mad...why don't you just say your truth? Just post your truth...there's no need to behave so superior. Just saying.  :|

Hey now, that advice can go both ways.  This has been an issue for some time now... certain people thinking that they know it all.  It does no one good to give out false information. And I know there are many of you who talk with Xanth off the forums and you feel a closer connection with him but it's only fair to call out both sides.  If this is going to work, we are all going to have to take our medicine and accept that we don't know everything.

Xanth

Quote from: AlanRK on January 26, 2011, 12:52:24
No. An environment where people are deadset on respecting opinions and beliefs is one of stagnation. I have never asked anyone to respect my opinions or beliefs because they're not worth respecting; no belief is. Belief is the absence of knowledge, thus it is worthless. I rarely post my beliefs here, but when I do I do not expect anyone to respect them. I do not know how you have arrived at the conclusion that respecting beliefs as holy = conductive for learning. In case you forgot, belief systems are rampant on this Earth and most people are ignorant because of it. I'm sure that if people here wanted to discuss beliefs instead of truth they would just head into their nearest church. I believe there is even a religion section here for them to congregate, yay for them. Maybe it is my fault for assuming a forum about astral projection would be interested in truth and knowledge, and not playing the "beliefs are sacred" game.

Your reply to me is unheeded since I have no motivation to respect your opinions or beliefs. I have shown full respect towards you and that is all that is important.
"Respecting opinions" doesn't mean you have to agree with what they're saying.  You don't even have to LIKE what they say.

What it means is that you respect their right to have their belief and respect their right to not be attacked based on the fact that they hold that belief. 
In other words, I don't have to agree with your belief... but I have to respect that you're allowed to believe whatever you want.

If you can't do that, Alan, I invite you to stop posting here.

Quote from: Naykid on January 26, 2011, 13:21:13
Hey now, that advice can go both ways.  This has been an issue for some time now... certain people thinking that they know it all.  It does no one good to give out false information. And I know there are many of you who talk with Xanth off the forums and you feel a closer connection with him but it's only fair to call out both sides.  If this is going to work, we are all going to have to take our medicine and accept that we don't know everything.
Nobody is giving out "false information".  Giving out "false information" would mean that someone has the "correct information" to begin with... and nobody here has that.  We're each "giving out" the information that we (as in ourselves) know to be true.  You're 100% right Nay, nobody has all the answers... anyone claiming such is a fool.

And just for your reference Nay, the only person in this thread I talk to off the forums is Noy.  ;)

Hi Alan

Instead of putting everyone down & being so mad...why don't you just say your truth? Just post your truth...there's no need to behave so superior. Just saying.  :|
I agree wholeheartedly with Lexy in this matter.  State your opinion (your personal truth on the subject) and leave it at that.

That is over with... let's get this back on track now please.
Let's get back to helping weirdben answer his questions.
If you're not answering weirdben's questions, please don't post.

AlanRK

Hi Alan

I was putting no one down nor being "mad". Please don't ascribe to me emotions and actions which are not there.

Quote from: Xanth on January 26, 2011, 13:43:52
"Respecting opinions" doesn't mean you have to agree with what they're saying.  You don't even have to LIKE what they say.

What it means is that you respect their right to have their belief and respect their right to not be attacked based on the fact that they hold that belief. 
In other words, I don't have to agree with your belief... but I have to respect that you're allowed to believe whatever you want.

If you can't do that, Alan, I invite you to stop posting here.
"Attacked" ? Why are you using such pointlessly emotive language to describe something so basic? Let me make it clear; I don't care about your opinions, I don't care about your beliefs. Believe what you want, just don't expect others to respect them because there is no need to, and I am not the type of person to respect someone beliefs if they are spreading them around like wildfire. Case in point, what happens when an ignorant Christian comes here to post how astral projection is the devils work? Are their beliefs respected, or does everyone jump at them for being ignorent and incorrect?

Now, point out exactly where I "attacked" your beliefs, and how such a thing constitutes the label of "attacking". As far as I know, your beliefs are contained within your mind. Assuming you don't rip out your beliefs and frame them on your wall (which at this point wouldn't surprise me), there is indeed no way I could possibly take a fist, knife, or gun to them in order to "attack" them. If you perceive them as being "attacked" then that is a flaw in your own perception. In other words, it's not my problem how you feel.

Lexy

Thanks for correcting me Alan, what do you call it then? Some kind of protest? What emotion is it then? Self-righteousness?

Zino

Alan, the way you speak shows disregard for any kind of politeness or respect. This forum values respect when speaking to other members, even if the involved disagree with each other. The way you portray yourself to be is someone scorned by others' views, so instead you seem to exert this bitterness out in the way you speak of how you think. If you truly do not care for respecting others' opinions, then there is no point in your presence in these forums; this is a place where people can discuss, learn and accept what others think. This is not a place where you ignore basic rules of kindness and respect. If you believe you have a higher knowledge than us all, then why come here? You are not the resounding voice of all that is correct, so do not act like you are. That is what you portray in the way you post.

However, other than my outburst of opinion I wish you to become the object of this thread no longer. PM me if you wish to discuss this further.

On the note of pain:

Sensory nerves send impulses about what is happening in our environment to the brain via the spinal cord. The brain sends information back to the motor nerves, which help us perform actions. Pain is more than just cause and effect: it is affected by everything else that is going on in the nervous system. Your mood, your past experiences and your expectations can all change the way pain is interpreted at any given time. If you step on that rock after you have a fight with your wife, your response may be very different than it would if you had just won the lottery. Your feelings about the experience may be tainted if the last time you stepped on a rock, your foot became infected. If you stepped on a rock once before and nothing terrible happened to you, you may recover more quickly. You can see how different emotions and histories can determine your response to pain. In fact, there is a strong link between depression and chronic pain.

Asian monks train themselves to perceive pain as a neutral or a good thing, this is what allows them to lie on things such as huge iron spikes, or walk across coal slowly. Different sensory nerve fibers respond to different things, and produce different chemical responses which determine how sensations are interpreted. These chemicals are then the thing that makes us perceive the pain, it is up to our brain to decide whether it is good or bad. In extreme heat or extreme cold, your brain cannot tell whether you are in something hot or cold - this is relevant because after a while all you may experience is pain, disregarding the heat side of it completely.

Pain is in the mind, we only sense the 'go' sign to pain via nerves.
Do by not Doing.

Naykid

I thought we weren't suppose to comment on here anymore?  And why is it that Xanth's attitude is never up for discussion?  He's been rude to many people over the months yet no one sees that as being disrespectful?

I don't see what Alan is doing wrong, especially when a moderator is allowed to do it, yet not be called to the carpet over it?  Am I really the only one seeing that this is one-sided?  I wish everyone would stop with the PMing.  Why can't this be discussed OUT IN THE OPEN???  Well, I know why, hence my comments right now. lol  I know there is no way in hell that Noy is the only person you talk to Xanth.  Unless you are telling me that in IRC chat and on your own forums you totally ignore EVERYONE else. 

So anyways, Zino, are you saying that the pain is in our minds? 

NoY

he said the only person in this thread not the only person ever.  8-)

Naykid

Quote from: NoY on January 26, 2011, 16:26:27
he said the only person in this thread not the only person ever.  8-)

You guys and your spin.  It makes me dizzy sometimes.  :lol:

Xanth

Quote from: Naykid on January 26, 2011, 16:22:53
I thought we weren't suppose to comment on here anymore?  And why is it that Xanth's attitude is never up for discussion?  He's been rude to many people over the months yet no one sees that as being disrespectful?

I don't see what Alan is doing wrong, especially when a moderator is allowed to do it, yet not be called to the carpet over it?  Am I really the only one seeing that this is one-sided?  I wish everyone would stop with the PMing.  Why can't this be discussed OUT IN THE OPEN???  Well, I know why, hence my comments right now. lol  I know there is no way in hell that Noy is the only person you talk to Xanth.  Unless you are telling me that in IRC chat and on your own forums you totally ignore EVERYONE else. 

So anyways, Zino, are you saying that the pain is in our minds? 
Because this isn't a forum for your own personal therapy sessions!
You come here to discuss astral projection and to assist other people in their journey.

Nuff said.

And once again, I'm now forced to lock, yet another, thread because things have gone way off topic.
I apologize to weirdben for this... I suggest starting a new thread asking any new questions you might have.