Would using rushes to keep awake be counter active ?

Previous topic - Next topic

mels8780

Okay, I have a problem with dreams going at me a little too early and it's very hard to fight them, I think it got harder. Or maybe that was because it was so hot and musty and miserable in that room. Anyways, I thought about using my voluntary rushes (what I think is adrenaline) to keep me from being pulled into my early images. Do you think it would ruin everything ? I can make them low power.

Summerlander

Adrenaline will keep you grounded in the physical and hinder take off into the non-physical realms.  Forget that approach.  Why do you think in Elm Street they were taking epinephrine in order to avoid Freddy Krueger?  :-D

Seriously,  embrace those dreams whatever they are.  Once you anchor yourself there, you are already fully focused in the metaphysical and free to go anywhere you want.  You will be already "out of body" as they say.  :wink:

blis

Could you describe these voluntary rushes in more detail please? What makes you think it's adrenaline?

ayearhasgone

Adrenaline does far more than give an energy boost, it makes your body work harder and creates physiological stress.  You'll be pulled out of your dream but you will also sabotage any efforts to leave your body.

Rather than fighting dreams, let them come.  Keep a dream journal to increase your lucidity.  Remember, dreaming is a form of projecting, albeit a very weak and limited one, but it can progress to a full blown astral projection.

Xanth

mels8780

Quote from: Summerlander on July 26, 2011, 12:03:24
Adrenaline will keep you grounded in the physical and hinder take off into the non-physical realms.  Forget that approach.  Why do you think in Elm Street they were taking epinephrine in order to avoid Freddy Krueger?  :-D

Seriously,  embrace those dreams whatever they are.  Once you anchor yourself there, you are already fully focused in the metaphysical and free to go anywhere you want.  You will be already "out of body" as they say.  :wink:

That's great. I already know how to dream though.

mels8780

Quote from: Ryan_ on July 26, 2011, 16:14:57
Simply put, you can't force a projection. 

How would trying to stay awake be forcing a projection ... I thought whatshisface even gave advice on staying conscious/awake. A lot of people like the mind awake method.

Summerlander

I think you misunderstood Xanth.  I think he meant you can't force it in the sense that you can't put too much effort into it, and, since you were going by the precept/belief that the rush of adrenaline and the fighting against dreams might help you to project, you can see where he's coming from.

My method indeed encourages mind awake...but so does phasing if you think about it.  Phasing is all about embracing the surreality during the hypnagogic state. The brainwaves go from Beta to Alpha and then Theta but the mind might not even notice any change in self-awareness and remains lucid throughout (on occasion lapses of consciousness can be experienced with both the nap and the phasing methods).

They all lead to the Phase reality. Dreams are a mild focus in the metaphysical realm.  OOBEs/AP/LDs (the Phase state) are the focus of the same realm at its fullest.  This involves being lucid within the non-physical reality.

The Phase state:
"A phase has two primary attributes: 1.) practitioners possess full, conscious awareness during the experience, and 2.) practitioners recognize a genuine separation from the physical body."

http://obe4u.com/?page_id=8

Once you are lucid in the Phase reality, the "world is your oyster".  Every wish can come true.  You can go anywhere you want.  Just be sure to perform deepening and maintaining techniques to anchor yourself in that state.  Translocation is not a problem either.  You are essentially out of body (as your awareness tells you that you are elsewhere other than laying in bed in the physical body).

By fighting the dream imagery your are shutting the doors (opportunities of entry) to the non-physical side of reality.

blis

When you say you're getting pulled into your early images, are you retaining lucidity when it happens or are you just drifting into a normal dream? If it's a lucid dream then thats a success. Just zoom off into the sky or try and enter the void.

If you're not lucid then sure, give your idea try. The worst that can happen is it doesnt work. Dont let other people put you off trying new things. Experimenting is fun. Half of it wont work but some of it will.

I'm not saying everyone elses adice is bad. It's not. It's good advice. But dont be put off doing your own thing.

Summerlander

Xanth

Actually, it was I who misunderstood.  :)  LoL

I was referring to what the others were talking about regarding the use of adrenaline and other such substances.  You can't force this.  :)

GodsProxy

Ok, so I got it in the end, I hope, please just give me some more validation, that means astral travel is the only way, I've got the answer, and love is all there is, so please give me more validation? I'm loving it?
Did I get the point? I know you are all more advanced than me and all that stuff, but can you guys please help me a bit more, I've got till close of business on Friday to conclude matters in this TZ, and then there is no more hope for me, and have you got the time energy persistence and strength to get me off as a worker on a farm, but we have hope!
We have love!
We have each other!
Cummon just give us all a deposit, then we can all be happy for a change, and go on with our lives, just figure out my branch code on the end of my web site, I'll even help you, just do it!! Cummon we're almost there!!
Love is all there is,
Neil

blis

lol I love your website GodsProxy,

Universe Of Unconditional Love
Hell on Earth
Hula Hoops: Half Price Family Days Out.

mels8780

Well, I have to fight the dreams. Or else I will just be asleep. I assumed it would be assumed that dreams = sleep/fail

And no, I definitely am nowhere near luciding in that mess. I've tried that but control slips away, it's a jumble... (my dreams are utter nonsense at first and they fight people trying to control them, lol) It overloads and overrides me almost instantly, and if I'm lucky I'll realize and snap out of it and try again, get sucked into nonsense dreams or whatever they are, repeat.

mels8780

I didn't always dream that way... I think my brain has been scrambled or something. (they sort out to less jumbly as time passes but they're still rather druggish dreams)

Summerlander

Watch these videos! All of them!  I think they will help you greatly!  Trust me:  :wink:
http://obe4u.com/?page_id=169

mels8780

How do you strain your brain... I keep triggering my adrenaline rushes.. Oh. wait. ah ok. That same thing that happens when I try to turn my face red. The only pressure I feel is in my skull bones tho so idk if Im straining my brain...

Summerlander

Straining the brain is more of a feeling than anything else.  I don't particularly use that technique but you will find more about it in School of Out-of-Body Travel By Michael Raduga.  You can download the book for free or order a hard copy.  It's very useful.