Wow. My ex and I finally had an OBE together.

Previous topic - Next topic

UmmaGumma

My ex-boyfriend and I have remained close friends.  Some time ago, he admitted to me about his OBE and AP experiences, thinking I would think he was nuts.  I was stunned by his admission because I was having the same experiences also.  Therefore, he and I began sharing our experiences with each other until one day we finally met up in the same OBE.

It happened as I lay on my bed one night and began to drift off into the sleep paralysis state.  I then heard my ex's voice and thought he was just outside my bedroom door talking to my son.  So, after leaving my body, I flew through the bedroom door and passed this dark shadowy figure on my stairs.  I then returned to my body.  I decided to leave my body and do it again, only this time I was going to fly straight through the shadowy figure.  So I leave my body, fly through the bedroom door, noticed that the shadowy figure was still on my stairs so I flew straight through it.  I went out my front door and around the corner before finally returning to my body once again.

After waking up, I opened my bedroom door and realized no one was there.  I then remembered the shadowy figure and realized just how much the figure resembled the shape and size of my ex---even the shape of his hair.  A few days later, my ex came over for a visit.  After he sat down on the sofa, he grinned at me and asked me if I had seen him in a dream.  He said he came to see me through his OBE and saw me.  He said that we even bumped heads one time.  I told him that I saw him on the stairs!!  And that the second time around, when I flew straight through him, must have been when we bumped heads.  I even showed up at his apartment one time momentarily and heard him call out my name, which he validated the next day.  Anyway, just had to share this with you guys. 

SkepticBoy

Cool but would you be willing to take a lie detector test on this?

dingo

Well done UmmaGumma! :-D

Quote from: SkepticBoy on May 07, 2009, 14:12:59

Is that a joke? A lie detector wouldn't prove anything. They suck.

SkepticBoy

CFTraveler

But what would be the point?
Prove it to you? (SB)
If I have an experience that is shared, and the other person verifies it, that's all I need to know that my experience is part of collective reality.
Why 'should' I try to prove it to you, provided that you said the same to me, if I shared an adventure in this forum?

Stookie

It's not like we're physical people in a room together and someone can go get a lie detector. The internet isn't a real place and you can make up anything here. I flew to Jupiter last night. Lie detect that!

SkepticBoy

newmethod

Quote from: Stookie on May 08, 2009, 11:40:38
It's not like we're physical people in a room together and someone can go get a lie detector. The internet isn't a real place and you can make up anything here. I flew to Jupiter last night. Lie detect that!
Quote from: CFTraveler on May 08, 2009, 18:01:00
Hee hee.    :lol:
Quote from: SkepticBoy on May 08, 2009, 19:48:33
Cheeky buggas.
Which leads me to 2 things:
1. Hee Hee  :-D &
2. The first post on this thread should be on the validation thread as it clearly validates a connection between people outside of the material plane.

The information experienced maybe slightly different in each case but you'd nearly have to admit that there is something going on here/there...

My minimal but growing understanding on this topic, leads me to believe that this first post holds an important element. I believe, part of the reason as to why we desire to understand ourselves, the "creator", and questions such as to "Why am I here?"... "What impact are the physical laws governing this plane having on me as a being?", and blah...blah..blah.....through methods such as Astral Travel, LD's, meditation and the like, can in a sense allow us to more thoroughly understand ourselves, which leads to greater happiness for the individual (which deep down we all love - though in some people this seems quite buried)..

The first post suggests that these experiences may be experienced differently by two different people but that there is clearly something going on... Often in physical reality two people experiencing the same interaction experience it totally differently... In a place such as the astral where the rules are different i would consider "bumping heads" & "flying through" to be close to being the same... this interaction must surely, possibly, be considered a shared experience...

- Peace, Newmethod -

Old Dood

Quote from: Stookie on May 08, 2009, 11:40:38
Really? You Did...what did you see?  haha!  :-P 8-)
Just having a little Fun...that's all...
(However, I am willing to bet you can fly to Jupiter if you want or any other 3D space you want too... ;)
Say, if you can then check out the FAR side of the Moon will ya? (there is NO Dark Side for those that think there is...)
Let us know what you can find there...Look 'deep' too...hehe!)

No, I am not taking a shot at the UmmaGumma.  In fact I believe the UmmaGumma.
Why wouldn't I?  I can smell a lie for the most part and so can most here.
There is no need for a Lie Detector because we work on Trust and when that trust is ever broken then you never can build it back to 100% ever again.
There will always be that bit of doubt.  So the 'experienced' person will not lie because there is no VALUE in it.
UmmaGumma is telling the truth....that is easy to 'see'.

I would love to have an OBE with my wife.  However, she has only had one that she can 'remember' openly outside of dreams. (A year or so ago)
A few years ago when we were trying to quit smoking we wore 'The Patch' to bed and had very VIVID, Full Technicolor DREAMS...hehe!
I mean EROTIC VIVID DREAMS...with other people...haha! We would both wake up the next day and sheepishly look at each other until we both revealed our dreams.
We were flabergassed at how we had the same kinds of dreams but, just not with each other....  This was well before I had my more recent Awakenings and OBEs. 
I would say this was in the mid 1990's.
I am thinking about quitting smoking again (to save money) and using The Patch again to see if I can have even more Lucid dreams.
I do not care for the Erotic part...I really don't.  For some reason that is not near as important to me anymore like it use to be. 
I remember waking up while wearing that Patch and having to 'think' of which 'Reality' was REAL.... That was how powerful those dreams were.
So if I can recreate that again WITH what I know now then I am real curious as to what I can accomplish...

Time will Tell...
MY SPECIAL PURPOSE

UmmaGumma

Quote from: SkepticBoy on May 07, 2009, 14:12:59

Absolutely.  I have no reason to lie.  I have never been a liar or a bullsh!tter.  I was not raised that way.

UmmaGumma

Quote from: CFTraveler on May 07, 2009, 21:06:42
But what would be the point?
Prove it to you? (SB)
If I have an experience that is shared, and the other person verifies it, that's all I need to know that my experience is part of collective reality.
Why 'should' I try to prove it to you, provided that you said the same to me, if I shared an adventure in this forum?

Exactly.  If I were going to concoct a story, why would I say that the person was my ex?  Most people do not stay close friends with his or her ex.  If it had been fiction, I would have just said a close friend, relative, or something of that nature.  That would have saved me the extra time of having to explain the details of why I had this very experience with my ex-boyfriend.  Thanks, guys, for being believers.  :-D

SkepticBoy

Quote from: Old Dood on May 10, 2009, 07:53:35

A few years ago when we were trying to quit smoking we wore 'The Patch' to bed and had very VIVID, Full Technicolor DREAMS...hehe!
I mean EROTIC VIVID DREAMS...with other people...haha! We would both wake up the next day and sheepishly look at each other until we both revealed our dreams.
We were flabergassed at how we had the same kinds of dreams but, just not with each other....  This was well before I had my more recent Awakenings and OBEs. 
I would say this was in the mid 1990's.
I am thinking about quitting smoking again (to save money) and using The Patch again to see if I can have even more Lucid dreams.
I do not care for the Erotic part...I really don't.  For some reason that is not near as important to me anymore like it use to be. 
I remember waking up while wearing that Patch and having to 'think' of which 'Reality' was REAL.... That was how powerful those dreams were.
So if I can recreate that again WITH what I know now then I am real curious as to what I can accomplish...

Why would smoking patches induce very lucid dreams?!?!?!

CFTraveler

High amounts of nicotine can induce hallucinations.  My mom saw ghosts when she was on them and when they lowered the dose they went away.  They can also induce heart attacks also, so I'd advise the OP not to overdose on them.

newmethod

Quote from: SkepticBoy on May 11, 2009, 13:22:00
Why would smoking patches induce very lucid dreams?!?!?!
Nicotine acts as a stimulant and a depressant...

A stimulant while sleeping = more awake -> more lucid dreams....

Though unless i was a smoker and was looking to give up with the help of patches.. i wouldn't be going about LD this way

Old Dood

I figured what these Patches did was open up our '4 Barrel Carburetors' in our bodies...
So while we were sleeping we were Revving to go!  8-)
Time will Tell...
MY SPECIAL PURPOSE