Yet another question

Previous topic - Next topic

Samael

Lately when I attempt to project, my throat starts to feel dry/scratchy especially when I relax and the vibrations start. I have a feeling it's because I start to breathe more frequently but it happens almost instantly when I do it. Does anyone have an explanation for this?
A nocturnal concerto
Candlelight whispers me where to go
Hymn of gathering stars as my guide
As I wander on this path of the night
~"Astral Romance" by Nightwish

Blazewind

are you breathing through your mouth or your nose when you try to project?  If you breathe in through your mouth to much, I would think that could be to blame for your dry, scratchy throat.  Also take notice of how dry it is in the room you are in while doing this.  If the air is too dry that could cause trouble too.   When I sleep in dry air, I often wake up with a dry, sore throat.  Not too mention a dry mouth and sometimes even an irritated nose.

Samael

I do breathe through my nose but maybe it is just the dry air, I tend to run my heater a bit before I go to sleep because I have the coldest room in the house. Of course I turn it off before bed, otherwise I wake up at a crazy hour baking under my sheets. So that could possibly be it. All I can say is, "Winter..." Heh.
A nocturnal concerto

PeacefulWarrior

Almost all of these kinds of issues have to do with the fact that you're "thinking too much."  This likely doesn't happen when you're just going to sleep, right?  I'm not saying it's not real, or it's not happening, but it's likely some subconscious thing that you'll have to overcome.  Some part of you is holding you back.  I could be wrong, but it's worth thinking about.
We shall not cease from our exploration, and at the end of all our exploring, we shall arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.
T.S. Elliot
---------------
fides quaerens intellectum

Samael

Hmm..that's some food for thought. I'll have to elaborate on that a bit. Thank you
A nocturnal concerto