you know you're bored when

Previous topic - Next topic

dino333

You should count yourself lucky to even have lucid dreams, as I have only had one, years ago.

goingslow

You're right about that.  I am grateful when I wake up that I became lucid.  I dont mean to sound ungrateful to whatever allows this type of thing to happen.  Its just a series of rejections and spending time flying around trying to meet people and no one talking to me..

I think its just more that I feel lost there and that there's some type of protocol Im not following.

no_leaf_clover

you could work on turning lucid dreams into obe's and then explore the astral instead.. or..

if you play any musical instruments, learn some songs during the day and at night go lucid and go over them in your dream. if you know what youre doing, and you make everything as realistic as possible, that could be a powerful way of practicing. music is mostly mental, after all. it's not that your fingers or arms aren't physically developed enough to play something, it's how coordinated and mentally developed you are.

and if you don't play and musical instruments, take one up and try it. that might be a good way to eventually become a virtuoso at whatever you're playing, and virtuosos are extremely valuable in the community of music. i bought a cd at wal the other day.. and you could tell they were in need of some good players on some songs. i even heard a wrong note in one of the piano pieces. the piece *was* a hard piece to play ('moonlight' sonata, presto agitato), but you would think they could get a better pianist for the cd, right? well, maybe not.. it was a $3 cd [:I].. but still.. you could use those lucid dreams to get you somewhere musically, at least.

just a thought.
What is the sound of no leaves cloving?

Euphoric Sunrise

Come on, goingslow. Dreams are limited only by imagination, and you certainly don't seem to be limited in that area. There's gotta be tons of stuff you would love to do. no_leaf_clover has some good ideas there.
Well good luck with your lucid explorations [:)]
"The soul is never silent, but wordless"
* Emperor - The Tongue of Fire

goingslow

You're right Euphoric Sunrise I should actually spend more of my waking life planning on what to do instead of waiting till I become lucid.

Thats a great idea no leaf clover,  I had never even thought of trying to play music there.  Thanks for the suggestion

Lindasmith647

You could try looking in a mirror and see what's there or try going through the mirror to the other side.  Go through a window or door - these are often symbolic and take you into other realms.  Try creating something - like an apple.  Or try creating something that you are in need of in this realm (and see if it later materializes).  Try to pick up an object and bring it back with you.  Do some tensegrity moves. Try shapeshifting - turning into an animal or a bird.  

Now having said that - I share your sentiment.  I have not been able to accomplish very much out of the above and I too at times have become bored with lucids and OBEs.  I'm not sure where to turn next.  I will try to do more healing/purification work to clear up more of my energy, but right now I feel kind of stuck.

Let me know if you try any of the above and how it turns out.

Peace - Linda.

goingslow

Thanks for the ideas Lindasmith.  I think on my next lucid dream which i'll try to have tonight I'll try to shapeshift into an animal.  Have you ever been able to do this?  Im not sure where to start but thats something i've never thought of doing either.  I dont know why ive never walked into a mirror or looked into one either.  Ill try that too.

thanks a lot and i'll let you know how they turn out.

DOA

man alive if only I could have them so often.  Time travel?  Who built the pyramids and how?  ask for a guide on energy work healing, healing the body.  Asking for a guide to tell me how to stay out longer.  Going to past lives, asking to visit friends.  Asking to see your higher self.  My god the possablitites are endless.  I have often thought that I dont get out becouse I would ask too many questions.   How can i develop psychic abilites more.  the choices are endless.  

I have had several lucid dreams before its been awhile.  Id ask to see my guides and it was always difficult.  Id be alone ask for guide and the streets would fill with people.  I go ask everyone if they were my guide and usually they would say no but then you would get the one that would just look at you and smile.  So id start asking questions and it would be like they are too busy for me.  They rarley responded so id get mad.  They dont like that but geez im asking questions here.  

I remember one time Im asking questions and he seems busy.  Im asking how i can become more lucid to have obe or lucid dreams more often.  He just keeps working.  I see a line of people waiting to see him.  I see a old couple that look like they are real poor and struggling with life.  The guide hands them a rubber hose so i guess they are asking for water.  So i get mad and I say well i guess your done with me then he lookes at me and I wake up.. I think he was trying to show me my problems arent that bad, but I wanted my question aswered.  

I think I would never get board.  

DOA

goingslow

You know you're bored in your waking life and lucid dreaming life when you pass up a lucid dream for the dream you're currently in before you turn lucid.

Lastnight I became lucid during another dream (that I can't remember now).  I actually made the conscious choice to not go off and explore, and clear my mind etc like I normally do when I realize im dreaming.  Instead I decided to do that later and for now just go on with the dream I was already in.  I knew I wouldnt find anything fun to do while "exploring" so decided to just go with the dream and forget about the lucid part.  I lost lucidity soon after that and by the time I became lucid again it was time to wake up.  I knew it was too late to explore because I couldnt dream from the first person perspective.  Instead I felt outside myself which makes dreams less enjoyable to me.  

Anyway, Im at a loss of what to do in dreams anymore that will be fun.  It seems when I become Lucid nothing sounds like a great adventure anymore.  I think it actually might be linked to things going on in my life, where I feel I need to be more grounded... but the feeling i get is boredom.  Its sort of lame when what was once so fun isnt as fun anymore.  Plus no one seems to want to talk to me in the Astral and whenever I ask for my guide I'm woken up.  Either by a banging on my wall or my foot falls asleep.  I had one person come up to me once and say "i've been your guide all your life", thats the last person I have met when I've asked to talk to someone.  

I hope this feeling of boredom is a stage.  Anyone here have any good ideas what a person should do while lucid?  Its like im not even excited at the idea of trying to go to the astral at this point. maybe I should just stand where I am and wait for something to come for me.

Has this ever worked for anyone?  What do you do when you're in an OBE or a LD (btw this happens during OBE's for me too).  Do you somehow stay in one place and see where you're pulled or do you zip around trying to find something fun.  It just seems I cant find that fun place.. maybe it's time to sit still and wait.