Achieving consciousness state for Astral phasing

Previous topic - Next topic

Tracy

Adrian,

Did you want the whole sequence, from C-1 all the way to astral arrival or just the steps to achieve a proper trance state and from then on people kind of find their own specialized sequence through the portal or doorway?

Appreciatively,

Tracy

Adrian

Greetings Tracy!

Thank you for your response and your question.

I am not too familiar with Monroe focus levels aside from what I have learned here, but in answer to your question, I amtrying to find out how people are achieving the pre-requisite trance state (F10?, F12?) as a pre-cursor to phasing into the Astral by any phasing method.

So it is achieving what I think would be an  F12 state.

Thanks again.

With kind regards,

Adrian.

https://ourultimatereality.com/
Vincit Omnia Veritas

Donna

OK,
Here's what I do. First I write a definate "intent" on a piece of paper. This is where I want to go or what I wish to accomplish. I feel that this notifies my subconscious. I then get barefoot with both feet flat on the floor, feet close together. I place my hands palms down in my lap, usually one on each thigh..I may or may not listen to Hemi- or Holo-Sync. I relax and concentrate on the darkness behind my eyes and keeping my breathing at a slow steady pace. I feel as though I am waiting....expecting to soon see the colors that begin to swirl into the darkness behind my eyes.
At the same time I "feel" my third eye and crown chakra become active, or opening. This stage usually begins after about 20 minutes when the natural chemical reactions to the darkness begin ( much like going to sleep).
Once the colors beging to swirl, (violet,dark blue, white and gold) it is not long before a tunnel forms. I then begin to move my conciousness into and through this tunnel to arrive at my intended purpose or destination. Often, if I have requested a quide, this is when I will meet my guide.
Upon returning to my body I will feel the "vibrations" others speak of when they exit, but I do not experience them upon my exit. I do have a "body" there and can even change my clothing with a "thought" in an instant. I can communicate with others and have all of my senses, plus the ability to fly and the ability to focus my vision on a distant scene and bring it into a magnified focus (as if it were right in front of me).  I have the ability to speak with those who have passed over in death, see and touch them too.

I have experienced many interesting and creative adventures using the
above method.
Donna

Adrian

Greetings Donna!

That is extremely useful input - thanks for that!

I take it you are sitting on a chair then to do this phasing?

Three questions if I may:

1) How does this "tunnel" manifest?  

I suspect many people can achieve the state immediately before that with the swirling colours and so on, but do not receive the "invitation" to cross over into the Astral. I.e. it just remains as swirling colours or blackness.

2) Do you lose all sense of your physical body before the tunnel appears (i.e. in a full trance), and also during the projection itself can you sense the presence of your physical body, or does it sort of blend into the background?

3) Do you find the hemi/holo-sync makes any appreciable difference?

Thanks once again.

With best regards,

Adrian.

Vincit Omnia Veritas

Donna

Originally posted by Adrian
quote:

Greetings Donna!

Hi Adrian

quote:

That is extremely useful input - thanks for that!
I take it you are sitting on a chair then to do this phasing?

Yes

quote:

Three questions if I may:

1) How does this "tunnel" manifest?

At the first appearance of the colors it is as if they are spiked and jagged clouds which move into my visual field from the right and the left side towards the center. These swirl together as other colors come in from the side, this is quite beautiful and entertaining to watch. This movement speeds up until I get the "feeling" that I am moving forward into the center, As this progresses the black void is to the outside of my visual field and I am traveling very swiftly with these clouds to the end of this tunnel, often there will be swerves and slight curves in my progress (this travel is very fast, as I move "through" cloud formations in front of me.

quote:

I suspect many people can achieve the state immediately before that with the swirling colours and so on, but do not receive the "invitation" to cross over into the Astral. I.e. it just remains as swirling colours or blackness.

As I progess with this swift forward movement the clouds begin to thin, and often a "starscape" will appear which is my arrival point. The first time I ever did this I could not make myself go "forward", no matter what I tried,and had to return to my body. The next attempt I did succeed. I think the "written
intent" was what made this successful, as I had no goal in mind the first attempt. I learned by trial and error.

quote:

2) Do you lose all sense of your physical body before the tunnel appears (i.e. in a full trance), and also during the projection itself can you sense the presence of your physical body, or does it sort of blend into the background?

When I use "this method" to travel, I am unaware of my physical body entirely by the time I reach the "starscape". Often though, if I proclaim a written intent to visit the "Great Pyramid" or "Stonehenge" or
any other point my exit will be at that destination.Until that time I gradually lose awareness of the physical, and am in "full trance".

quote:

3) Do you find the hemi/holo-sync makes any appreciable difference?

As I began the hemi/holo-sync tapes before attempting to leave my body, some three years ago, it is hard for me to say. I often simply go into alternate states of conciousness without the help of the tapes. Though I learned that the connection that is formed between the right and left hemespheres of the brain with using the tapes is permanent. So once having used the tapes for the prescribed "time" they are no longer necessary. I was careful to use them as prescribed by Monroe Institute to gain this permanent bridge between the spheres of my brain. The instructions are in the materials they send with the tapes.

quote:

Thanks once again.

With best regards,

Adrian.

I am happy to answer these and any other questions if they can be of benefit.http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile.gif" border=0>
Donna

Adrian

Greetings Donna,

Thanks again, and yes, you can be sure your information is of benefit http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile.gif" border=0>

Could I just ask you - which Monroe CD(s) did you use, and what is the "prescribed time" for the brain sync to become permanent according to Monroe, and in your own experience?

Thanks for your other info - most useful.

I am beginning to think that the pre-requisite trance state can be achieved considerably sooner and consistently using the hemi-sync, than by getting there by meditation alone. Providing one does not become dependant on the hemi-sync CD's, as appears not to be the vase, then they do seem to be very worthwhile.

With best regards,

Adrian.

Vincit Omnia Veritas

Donna

quote:
Originally posted by Adrian:
Greetings Donna,

Thanks again, and yes, you can be sure your information is of benefit http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile.gif" border=0>

Could I just ask you - which Monroe CD(s) did you use, and what is the "prescribed time" for the brain sync to become permanent according to Monroe, and in your own experience?
I have searched the phamphlets for the Holo- and Hemi- Sync sessions that I have. In the "Mind Food" set from Monroe Institute it reads: " Hemi-Sync, a patented, scientifically-proven, auditory-guidance technology, is a process which uses carefully blended and sequenced sound frequencies to produce a frequency following response (FFR) in the two hemispheres of your brain. This FFR enables listeners to accomplish their goals by achieving and sustaining a focused, highly productive, coherent brain state. Hemi-Sync, based on more than fourty years of on-going reasearch at TMI, helps strenghten mental, physical, and emotional capabilities and empowers you to experience these capabilities while listening.
The Mind Food set contains "The Visit" and "Transcendence" CDs.
The More entailed written material from TMI that came with these CDs has more pertaining to the permanancy of the brain syncranization, but I can't find them just now.

The Holo-Sync instructions state that The first CD in their set "The End Awakenig Prologue Program" must be used daily for 14 days. This CD is called "The Dive", which produces brain wave patterns from alpha to deep delta.. Then the second CD is added it is called "Immersion, which is a contuniuation of the deep delta state.  Among the many instructions with these CD,s in this set,they have a set period of time to use each CD as a minimum . They also include "Oasis", induces a theta brain wave pattern, and "Quietude" incuces an alpha brain wave pattern.  I will quote from their instructional booklet "
"How to tell if you are ready for the next level:"
1) You have completed at least four months of use of Awakening Prologue:
2) if you have been experiencing any upheaval as a result of using the program, it has smoothed out
3)you are able to consistently remain fully conscious during your listening sessions,
4)you have a feeling that the soundtaacks are not as powerful or do not have the same impact they once had.
This program offers custom tapes and CDs after this first level with further inhanced entrainment for  the brain.There is also a hotline and 24 hr. assistance with these CDs. I will now quote again from the leaflet " It is not possible to use this technology without the brain changing, any more than it is possible to exercise without your body changing."
Because this series causes a lot of psychological upheavel (for some people), or change in the brains' mechanics, they offer a serious support system.
http://www.centerpointe.com [/b] [/b]

Thanks for your other info - most useful.

I am beginning to think that the pre-requisite trance state can be achieved considerably sooner and consistently using the hemi-sync, than by getting there by meditation alone. Providing one does not become dependant on the hemi-sync CD's, as appears not to be the vase, then they do seem to be very worthwhile.

With best regards,

Adrian.

Lysear

thanks for your ideas about looking at the blackness in your eyelids, i will be trying this tonight and hopefully I will have positive results as i have only got into trance once before and that took about an hour!!

Lysear

coral1

Hi All
        During my last projection I was moving at a high rate of speed toward what appeared to be an astral plane structure in the distance. I rolled onto my back and saw thin wispy clouds with a starfield in the backgound:very similar to what you describe. I got an overwhelming sense of vertigo and came awake in my body. Is the starfield an entrance? I guess I`m just asking for some astal directions.I didn`t see any roadsigns!
        Thanks

coral1
coral1

Donna

[Maybe it's for our own protection...especially if we are not ready, mentally/physically etc.
Blessing
Focus15

Hi Focus15,
I had a more recent problem reaching the realms, it concerned a physical problem I was having at the time. My teacher met me in the ethers between here and the school to explain my problem. He/she said that I was having a little "set-back" and that when I was concentrating on the physical it lowered my vibration not allowing me to anchor my conciousness in the higher plane. She/he explained that where we focus our attention had a lot to do with our vibratory rate. Joy and laughter raise it, pain and physical illness lower it. This problem started with me "flipping" away from my connetion "there" during class and having to continually "reconnect". My physical condition worsened and so did my ability to project to the classroom. Once the problem passed, all was well again and my daily lessons there continued.

quote]Originally posted by coral1:
Hi All
        During my last projection I was moving at a high rate of speed toward what appeared to be an astral plane structure in the distance. I rolled onto my back and saw thin wispy clouds with a starfield in the backgound:very similar to what you describe. I got an overwhelming sense of vertigo and came awake in my body. Is the starfield an entrance? I guess I`m just asking for some astal directions.I didn`t see any roadsigns!
        Thanks

coral1
[/quote]

Hi coral1,
I'm still laughing.....no I've never seen any roadsigns either. It does seem that this is a common experience though doesn't it? How nice it is to see that others are experiencing the same things. When I use the phasing method to travel this seems to be the point where I actually begin acheiving my "written intent". Does this appear to be the same for any of you others? Adrian mentioned this was a common point to get "stuck" at. If a lot of people are experiencing this what a wonderful common ground to explore.
Donna

boomyboomy

Hi!

This phasing stuff all sounds very interesting! But why isn't it in Astral Dynamics?

A question for Donna (or anyone else who knows the answer...!)

You said
quote:
At the same time I "feel" my third eye and crown chakra become active, or opening. This stage usually begins after about 20 minutes when the natural chemical reactions to the darkness begin ( much like going to sleep).  

I have only just started the NEW system and it suggests not activating the main chakras for six months. But is it safe to feel the third eye (as you describe) without having to wait that long?

Did you spend any time on your secondary chakras before you started this technique?

Many thanks!

AJA

I'm a nobody. Nobody is perfect. Therefore, I'm perfect!

Adrian

Greetings BoomyBoomy!

Astral Dynamics is about OBE's, and which are a significantly different thing altogether to phasing. The traditional OBE is what was originally taught by Monroe, where one exteriorises awareness - in his case by "reaching" out for the vibrations, and when the vibrations start, one employs an exit method, e.g. "rope" as described in Astral Dynamics. OBE creates an etheric body, into which a copy of the mind (not the original) is projected, and the journey starts from there - often as an etheric projection into the so called "real-time zone", which is an etheric reflection of the physical plane.

Phasing is a projection of the consciousness to the inner Astral spheres. As the original mind is always involved, there is a much greater chance of remembering the experience as well as beong able to reproduce it reliably. Monroe moved on from OBE to phasing, and accordingly produced his famous tapes and "focus levels", the most famous of which is "The Park" at F27, which is the reception centre for most decent people who have recently passed on to the inner Astral spheres. People that are less than decent, or were highly religious, will likely find themselves in a lower Astral sphere which is inhabited by people with the same characteristics, or in a "belief system territory" where they can, well, carry on believing until they realise that, after all, their beliefs are folly, and then they can move on.

With best regards,

Adrian.

Vincit Omnia Veritas

Donna

quote:
Originally posted by boomyboomy:
Hi!

This phasing stuff all sounds very interesting! But why isn't it in Astral Dynamics?

A question for Donna (or anyone else who knows the answer...!)

You said
quote:

I have only just started the NEW system and it suggests not activating the main chakras for six months. But is it safe to feel the third eye (as you describe) without having to wait that long?

Did you spend any time on your secondary chakras before you started this technique?

Many thanks!

AJA

I'm a nobody. Nobody is perfect. Therefore, I'm perfect!

Hi boomyboomy,
I had worked with energy raising for years ( since 1989)  before trying the phasing method.I had used this type of energy raising to heal a full-body paralysis, which the doctors had stated would be permanent. O'Boy were they surprised!!  Roberts' Method, I had discovered about a year before I began phasing, so I had surpassed the required minimums, I guess. Balancing the poles (energy centers) of the body is vitally important to success, I think.
Donna

x_wolf19

I can get to (from what I can tell) this trance state within a matter of minutes.  No joke, within about 5-10 minutes I am moving around at crazy speeds, or slow speeds, up and down, side to side, in and out, not really sure whats going on.  I see colors and swirling "light".  This is where i seem to get stuck though.  I always get music stuck in my head and can't shut it off, i think this is stopping me from going further.  I'll try some methods soon though to see if they help.  

to quickly get to the trance state though, i just "push" myself forward mentally and it begins!!
hope this may help someone

alivie

I have very limited success with achieving the trance state through controlled relaxation/meditation.
It seems I can guarantee the buzzing/vibrations just by following a precise sleep pattern with no effort to actually attain the trance state, it just happens.

1) I get a full nights sleep (8-10 hours)
2) Get up and live life for 5-6 hours
3) Go for a nap
4) Trying to sleep when my body doesn't require sleep takes between one and two hours before I start dozing off. (This may be a good point to try techniques to stay concious) In my cases I simply fell asleep and seemed to have a vivid (not lucid I don't think) dream, wake up again, doze off again, have another bizarre vivid dream. This happens 3 or 4 times and suddenly I awake with either just the vibrations OR a combination of heavy vibrations and sleep paralysis. Before I knew about OBE's this was terrifying, now its exciting because I know I can simply float up or 'roll over' to achieve the OBE.

I accept this is a lazy technique and I can only do it this lazy way when time permits ie some weekends.

I am trying to achieve an OBE using relaxation/meditation which would mean I could get to the vibrational state in 30 mins instead of 2-3 hours.

I also noticed that if the lazy method failed when napping, if I went to bed again at night, because of the nap, I would still be awake and there was always a good chance the vibrations would kick in.

Has anyone else had an OBE using this lazy technique?

In some ways it feels like a cheat mode to an OBE but I'm not complaining if it works!!

coral1

Hi Alivie
       I`ve had similar experiences.They usually occur during the afternoon when I`m napping. If I wake up and fall back asleep several times it increases the vividness and occasionally the lucidity of my dreams. I`ve gotten some vibrations as well. I`ve had some success projecting to the astra
l from lucid dreams but haven`t had much control. I think phasing is the way to go. But if I have the time, the "lazy technique" is a great way to spend the afternoon!
   Happt Trails

coral1
coral1

alivie

Maybe we can read more about this lazy technique in Robert Bruce's forthcoming book...Couch Potato Astral Dynamics ...or CPAD as I like to call it!!!

elasticca

Donna, I find it interesting that you often experience the described "starscape" while phasing. I've experienced this many times myself. I haven't heard of phasing before I found this board a few months ago, but seemed to have used the phasing method quite by accident I guess many times in the past to induce what I considered to be lucid dreams at the time (I was attempting OOBE's) .

Anyways, while lying in bed I would often expect to see the ceiling above me (astral sight?), but would fequently see a large expanse of stars in a night sky instead, as you seem to have described. It was usually at this point if I remember correctly, that I would "rise up", and find myself fully lucid in some other environment (astral planes, or dream environment?). I dismissed these experiences as lucid dreams, as I had previosuly had a full blown OOBE in the past, and these experiences seemed to differ significantly (finding myself in an otherworldly environment other than the RTZ, no exit sensations, etc..). After hearing about phasing on this board, I'm not sure anymore about my experiences. Any thoughts? Anyone?

Best,
Michael

Bruce Moen

Adrian,

>>  A proper level of consciousness or trance - mind awake/body asleep is a very important pre-cursor to Astral phasing. . .  This is a pre-requisite state that many find difficult to achieve, and so it would be great if you people could go on record with your favourite most effective methods.

My work is intended to help folks learn to explore our afterlife through their own direct experience, firstly just to prove to themselves that such a place actually exists, and secondly to explore our human existence beyond physical reality in greater depth.

What you describe as "Astral Phasing" is very similar to the technique I teach that I call Focused Attention.  If there is a difference it's that simple relaxation replaces the need for a trance or mind awake/body asleep state.  While a trance state might be useful, as you say, many people find it difficult to achieve.  In developing Focused Attention as a system of afterlife exploration I sought to keep it as simple as possible to make it useful to the largest number of people as possible.  What I found is that all that's necessary as a pre-requisite is that a person be able to sense some change in their level of relaxation during a slow, deep breathing exercise.  I wouldn't argue that deeper relaxation, or even a trance state, might not be useful I just don't find that it's necessary.

Once a person can feel that change in their level of relaxation an energy gathering exercise is used to sort of put one's consciousness on the charger.  This exercise is a variation on the Monroe Institute's ReBall exercise.

>> The "phasing sequence" and "Astral shift" through a portal, symbol, gateway etc. being another. <<

There are a couple of things in the system I teach that I recognize as similar to what you're describing: placing intent; and the 3D Blackness.

Placing intent acts like an autopilot.  By properly placing intent to explore any area of consciousness one's focus of attention is automatically shifted there.  Once there all that's left to do to explore that area of consciousness is to take a look around so to speak.  Placing intent is a process of first clearly and precisely stating your desired outcome, like creating an affirmation.  Then either before, during or after stating the affirmation you just cause yourself to re-experience the feeling of placing intent.  I use a Silly Little Finger Bending exercise to help folks learn to recognize that feeling.

It's too long a discussion to explain here in detail but suffice it to say that if one focuses attention on any feeling that occurs the instant before a finger bends, one can experience the feeling of placing intent.  For me properly placing intent means remember to the point of re-experiencing that feeling as the affirmation is stated.  Many will recognize the placing intent feeling quality as the one they feel if they're stopped at a traffic light, first in line, knowing that very soon after the light turns green the first horn will honk behind them.  When the light turns green, the instant before any part of your body moves, a feeling like "GO" is experienced.  That one is very close to the feeling of placing intent.  

The 3D Blackness is an area of consciousness that comes closest in my experience to a place of portals, gateways, or whatever term might used to describe them.  If one closes their eyes and relaxes, looking at the blackness before your eyes, you'd probably describe that blackness as 2D (two dimensional) or flat blackness.  There is another blackness, one that has depth, hence the term 3D (three dimensional) Blackness.  As one shifts their focus of attention to this 3D Blackness there is a noticeable shift in feeling quality.  In fact, once this shift has been experienced and that feeling quality identified a shift to 3D Blackness can be easily accomplished by just remembering that feeling quality to the point of re-experiencing it.  We can navigate to any area of consciousness using this technique, something I call the Hemi-Sync Model of Consciousness.  That model says that every area of consciousness has a specific feeling quality and if we remember that feeling quality to the point of re-experiencing it our focus of attention is automatically shifted there.  

Once the shift has been made to the 3D Blackness, and either then or having previously placed an intent to explore some other area of consciousness, one just looks around within the 3D Blackness.  What you're looking for is any area within this Blackness that is a discontinuity from the surrounding blackness.  It could be that you'll see a small area that is darker or lighter than the surrounding area.  It might appear as a small, dark swirl or small area of activity within the 3D Blackness.  That is the 'portal' or opening to the pathway that leads to the area of consciousness you intend to explore.  Just by intending to begin moving toward such a 'portal' I usually find my focus of attention suddenly shifted there.

I don't mean to imply that one must be able to shift to the 3D Blackness in order to reach other areas of consciousness.  I consider this technique a little more advanced than is necessary for exploring our afterlife or areas of nonphysical reality beyond our afterlife.  But, many who practice the Focused Attention techniques I teach have stumbled into the 3D Blackness on their own and discovered its usefulness.

Bruce

jilola

Good to have you here. I've read a lot mof the stuff on the afterlife forum.

For me the problem is not so much getting to a certain state of consciousness I've experiencede before but rather getting to one I havenät experienced.
It's a little like going to a new city. You know how to get to the city and that there are place you can visit but you don't know how to get to those places.

In the physical domain I can always find my way back to a place I've been before and in the spiritual domain it seems to be the same. Only there is no map to help me to get to the new places.

After a lot of stumbling I've found my way to the 3D blackness place but the road from there is still shrouded. The previous intent doesn't work which is consistent with finding my way back to a place I've been before. Once I can state the exact place I want to go I can get there but before that it's the matter of stubmling in the dark and recording where I get.

2cents & L&L

jouni

Windameir

Hi and Welcome Bruce,
Glad to see you here and I hope you will return to continue to provide advice for all of us the "Gang" at Astral Pulse http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile.gif" border=0>
Happy Holidays!

Happy Travels
Windameir

clandestino

Hi there Jouni, hows things ?

I'm a little behind you in terms of "progress"...Last week I finally saw the 3d blackness for the first time, although only for a few seconds.

Furthermore last night whilst doing hemi sync wave 1, I got to a point where I could shift my point of awareness around the room !! Needless to say, I'm quite excited by all of this, because it seems that the hours of practice are gradually giving results.

Anyway ! the point I wanted to make was simply that Bruce stated above :

"I don't mean to imply that one must be able to shift to the 3D Blackness in order to reach other areas of consciousness. "

So clearly, the "cause and effect" progress that we are both making / expecting to make- ... is not a pre-requisite.

I think it is important that we realise that there are many ways to get "there"... I have been limiting myself in some ways to a "route" that I should follow, dictated by the experiences of others.
cheers !
Mark

I'll Name You The Flame That Cries

jilola

Clandestino: On an intellectual level I believe that we are already there, in the astral I mean. But since I can't  convince my subconscious oif this I need to stumble around until I get where I want to go and find out it's where I left.
The route that we, I at least,  take is only a tool to give the subconscious a sense of achievement and thus a permission to do our bidding, ie. open the door to the desired state of conscousness. It doesn't have to follow cause and effect, actually it doesn't imho. Sometimes I get the feeling that themore I experiment and work at the problem the further form the goal I get, as if I started working my way from the goal to my normal state.

Oh, that flitting your awareness around the room sounded neat. I'll see if I can do the same http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile.gif" border=0>

2cents & L&L

joun

Frank

quote:
Originally posted by elasticca:
Anyways, while lying in bed I would often expect to see the ceiling above me (astral sight?), but would fequently see a large expanse of stars in a night sky instead, as you seem to have described. It was usually at this point if I remember correctly, that I would "rise up", and find myself fully lucid in some other environment (astral planes, or dream environment?). I dismissed these experiences as lucid dreams, as I had previosuly had a full blown OOBE in the past, and these experiences seemed to differ significantly (finding myself in an otherworldly environment other than the RTZ, no exit sensations, etc..). After hearing about phasing on this board, I'm not sure anymore about my experiences. Any thoughts? Anyone?

Best,
Michael

The starscape effect generally occurs as part of the Phasing process. It is also common to see whirling shapes or clouds of colour, and such like. Basically, you switch from seeing only the 2-dimensional blackness at the back of your eyelids... to having a feeling of moving into a 3 dimensional blackness, which is often punctuated by lots of little yellow lights in the distance (well, with me they are bright yellow).

If you progress further you typically feel a kind of mental shift wherupon you find yourself within the Astral someplace. Which is what happened to you. But if you slow that shift down, you find it is possible to travel through the blackness and go right up to the lights, for example. Or you can have a root around and see if you can come across what are commonly called Astral Plane Entrance Structures of the kind R.Bruce printed on the back of AD.

Yours,
Frank

elasticca

quote:
Originally posted by Frank:
quote:
Originally posted by elasticca:

Best,
Michael

The starscape effect generally occurs as part of the Phasing process. It is also common to see whirling shapes or clouds of colour, and such like. Basically, you switch from seeing only the 2-dimensional blackness at the back of your eyelids... to having a feeling of moving into a 3 dimensional blackness, which is often punctuated by lots of little yellow lights in the distance (well, with me they are bright yellow).

If you progress further you typically feel a kind of mental shift wherupon you find yourself within the Astral someplace. Which is what happened to you. But if you slow that shift down, you find it is possible to travel through the blackness and go right up to the lights, for example. Or you can have a root around and see if you can come across what are commonly called Astral Plane Entrance Structures of the kind R.Bruce printed on the back of AD.

Yours,
Frank

Thanks for the response Frank. I appreciate the feedback. Your description of this "3D blackness" mirrored my own experience last night. In an attempt at an OBE last night I envisioned a friend that I wanted to visit very strongly in my mind. Knowing that she would likeley be asleep at the time, I pictured her lying in bed. The "blackness" indeed took on a 3D effect, almost as if I were peering into a window of a darkened room of sorts. Then a strange thing happened which I wasn't epecting at all. All of a sudden what looked like a 3d "picture" of sorts came quickly into my field of view (it appeared to move towards me from the distance, quickly growing larger as it approached). In this "picture" I clearly saw the figure of a female lying in bed in what appeared to be my friends bedroom. Then a moment later the image faded, and the experience was over.

I never shifted, or phased into the location, but felt as if I could have. Perhaps this was merely clairvoyance, or a remote viewing episode. I've never experienced either before. I'm gonna try again tonight :)

-Michael