News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

BIll Buhlman talks

Previous topic - Next topic

floriferous

Good talk from Bill at TMI on confronting personal beliefs in the OB state and how they inhibit consciousness exploration...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZNmwCD1pA

Lionheart

I am going to Sticky this because this is a fantastic "Intro" to the world of Non Physical Exploration in general.

William is a great speaker and he doesn't beat around the bush. He tells it the way it is.

Thank You for the share, Floriferous!  :-)

floriferous

Quote from: Lionheart on May 08, 2014, 07:58:44
I am going to Sticky this because this is a fantastic "Intro" to the world of Non Physical Exploration in general.

William is a great speaker and he doesn't beat around the bush. He tells it the way it is.

Thank You for the share, Floriferous!  :-)

What I find interesting about Bill is that over his years of experience it has become less about the OBE and more about simply furthering your consciousness through, finding out more about who we are by moving within, removing the mental baggage we acquire through life, utilising the potential for healing in these states and other more expansive pursuits rather than just going for the ego orientated OBE. I think there's an important lesson right there.

OBE's are seen as the pinnacle of consciousness experiences and so many people bypass things like, expanding heart space, creating high energy states, and removing blocks/inhibiting beliefs and then they wonder why they don't reach the non-physical. Granted, not all of the things I've listed are prerequisites but it strikes me some of the core building blocks are not in place and people race on to the OBE practice and get no results.

To be honest I think it's a societal thing of 'I want it all and I want it now'.

Lionheart

Quote from: floriferous on May 19, 2014, 11:21:39

To be honest I think it's a societal thing of 'I want it all and I want it now'.
To be honest this new "Now Generation" does not work well with practice of AP.

The only thing that will change that is if this new generation can come up with a Technological breakthrough that causes people to AP at will.

But where's the fun in that?

I find that AP is a "inner voyage". One that should be a challenge to reach. Once successful, it changes your whole out look on reality and also your persona in general.

floriferous

your'e right. Maybe I'm generalising but it seems to some the pursuit of OBEs and lucid dreaming is a gimmick. They don't sit down and think what do I actually want to achieve? How do I want to develop and evolve my consciousness and be a better person?

Szaxx

If you respect your time on Earth as an experience then work around this as factual, you change your ways leading towards the return.
If everyone had this mindset our lives would be more pleasant.
One day un the future this may become the norm, until then we'll keep on informing anyone who finds the forum and becomes interested in the art.
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

floriferous

Quote from: Szaxx on May 20, 2014, 09:37:44
If you respect your time on Earth as an experience then work around this as factual, you change your ways leading towards the return.
If everyone had this mindset our lives would be more pleasant.
One day un the future this may become the norm, until then we'll keep on informing anyone who finds the forum and becomes interested in the art.

Understand I wasn't having a particular dig at anyone. I completely respect what is done by the users of this website and raising consciousness in any way is step forward. It was more just a broader overview I feel.

Szaxx

What you said is perfectly ok.
I've always looked at life as something of an experience and this astral conciousness we talk of has been a part of me since birth.
Your comments on joe public seeing it as a gimmick are so true. If they only knew the reality of it and realised more than this physical world exists, a better quality of life would follow.
This is one thing that most religions promote too, it's unfortunate mankind has added a twist and lost direction.
Your comments are so valid.
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

phoenix_9

Quote from: floriferous on May 19, 2014, 11:21:39
What I find interesting about Bill is that over his years of experience it has become less about the OBE and more about simply furthering your consciousness through, finding out more about who we are by moving within, removing the mental baggage we acquire through life, utilising the potential for healing in these states and other more expansive pursuits rather than just going for the ego orientated OBE. I think there's an important lesson right there.

OBE's are seen as the pinnacle of consciousness experiences and so many people bypass things like, expanding heart space, creating high energy states, and removing blocks/inhibiting beliefs and then they wonder why they don't reach the non-physical.
Great point..the things you mentioned expanding are why I want to do it now. I never was interested in it to just go flying around..lol.

funfire

This is honestly a really good video, Justice bump^

Xanth

Quote from: funfire on September 07, 2018, 12:34:58
This is honestly a really good video, Justice bump^
It's a stickied thread.  :)

It isn't going anywhere.  LoL