News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Gateway Wave1 pointers

Previous topic - Next topic

clandestino

nice one Frank - we do appreciate the time you put into that post !!

Even though I did feel I had some success in trying to project after using the CD a few times, I suspect that this was just coincidence, and I posted it because I was quite excited ! The pointers that Jeff Mash suggested (staring at an image) are in no way related to the CD.

Anyway, thanks for the length and detail, I'll try a similar style of approaching the exercises and keep everyone posted on any progress.
Mark

I'll Name You The Flame That Cries

Adrian

Greetings Frank!

Great post http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile.gif" border=0> Thanks for that and your time!

I need to go through the details, but one thing is immediately apparent, and that is the great importance of symbolism and imagination in Astral work.

As I said in a previous post, imagination isn't something that people have a figment of exactly - imagination is an attribute of the Spirit, necessary for creating out of the Astral substance. Imagination becomes the reality.

Symbolism is also very powerful - indeed - much of the bible was originally symbolism, which the writers took literally as occuring in the material world. But people do project through symbols of e.g. the elements, or realms which have fixed symbols such a silver cauldron, golden apples etc..

Thanks again.

with best regards,

Adrian.

https://ourultimatereality.com/
Vincit Omnia Veritas

astralmaster

Frank,
Thank you so much for the extra detail. That kind of detail is much needed and appreciated.
I particularly liked your idea of putting your physical body in the energy conversion box.
But let me ask you: what do you do during the resonant tuning? Do you actually hum along like RM says?

Thanks

David
David

Frank

Yes, I make a sound that resonates with the CD and the harp. But it's imaginary not literally.

Also, could I please reiterate what Adrian has said in his last post. Imagination is a very powerful tool that is not of the Physical body.

Well, all the lower stuff is such as doubt and fear. In the sense that someone might imagine something is going to turn out bad, so they begin to fear the outcome, and so on. But when you clear out all that stuff, you get to see (or sense) the higher imagination. Which is all very visual and more abstract. This kind of imagination is very Astral oriented.

As I keep saying, the Astral is right there on border of the upper reaches of your imagination. That's why the stronger you imagine, the closer the point comes where you actually project your focal point of awareness into whatever it is you are imagining. At which point you find yourself standing within the Astral. You don't have to travel anywhere, or create anything to get to it. It's right there already.

Yours,
Frank

Adrian

Greetings Frank!

Thanks once again for your excellent detail on these experiences.

And yes - imagination is an extremely powerful attribute of the Spirit, and source of creation in the Astral realms. I think people might be afraid to use imagination, thinking it is not real, or a "figment", but it is very real, and very powerful.

Frank: Could I ask you this - when you are "in" the Astral, either from your early morning OBE and/or from your focus 10 work, can you sense your physical body, e.g. arms, legs, feet etc.., or do they just sort of blend intothe background and effectively become unnoticable? I suspect alot of people might be put off from higher states due to the constant awareness of their pysical state - pressures of sitting, pins and needles, itches etc..

The question - are you totally absorbed and at one with the Astral experience to the point where you are unaware of your physical body and its position? I am particularly interested from the Focus 10 perspective, since that is more like meditation than an OBE in absolute terms.

Thanks again.

With best regards,

Adrian.

Vincit Omnia Veritas

Frank

quote:
Originally posted by Adrian:
I think people might be afraid to use imagination, thinking it is not real, or a "figment", but it is very real, and very powerful.

With me, the big stumbling block was trusting that my imagination was reaching out to somewhere. That's where faith comes into it quite a bit. At first, you are lying there going through the process on the CD, but you can still feel your physical body. And the feeling of your imagination feels weak by comparison.

Hence it is so very tempting to think, "Oh, this is stupid, this 'aint gonna work." But after going through the process a couple of hundred times, the contact you have with your imagination becomes far more powerful than the Physical. Well, under those relaxed circumstances when you are practising I mean. You don't want to be driving to work and suddenly the Astral side of things takes over. :)

The turning point comes when you get all the timing right (it was with me, at any rate). That's when the whole thing takes on a life of its own.

quote:

Frank: Could I ask you this - when you are "in" the Astral, either from your early morning OBE and/or from your focus 10 work, can you sense your physical body, e.g. arms, legs, feet etc.., or do they just sort of blend intothe background and effectively become unnoticable? I suspect alot of people might be put off from higher states due to the constant awareness of their pysical state - pressures of sitting, pins and needles, itches etc..

I like the phrase, "blend into the background". Before I was struggling to try and explain to you the feeling of this new-found projection process. I said it felt more like the scenery had changed, rather than bodies. But, then again, there is an awareness that you are not exactly in your physical body. But the physical body is always kinda there somehow.

I see it now like a revolving door. Turn it 180degs and the person at the back is now at the front, turn it another 180degs and the opposite is the case. It's like you change your phasing and the one at the front sees all the action and the one at the back sits quiet. Then the phasing changes.

quote:

The question - are you totally absorbed and at one with the Astral experience to the point where you are unaware of your physical body and its position? I am particularly interested from the Focus 10 perspective, since that is more like meditation than an OBE in absolute terms.

From the Focus10 perspective, I have an awareness that, down the corridor, is a physical body. I can feel it if I want to, or not if I don't.

Yours,
Frank

Adrian

Greetings Frank!

Thanks for your explanations - most useful and interesting!

I think you really have something here - something potentially far more meaningful than a conventional OBE. By raising your awareness, or "focus" to the Astral level in this way, and being attached rather than detached as it were from the experience, I would think that it is far more objective and most importantly you can bring back full recall.

Question: Are you an observer from the "focus" perspective, or can you fully interact with the environment and the people there, e.g. your guide?

You should also find that you are not limited to the Astral. You should be able to raise your awareness to the Mental, Celestial and eventually Cosmic levels of consciousness, and the Astral will not seem the same again then.

The thing with the Astral is that that the people there are the same as the people here, same attitudes, outlook, desires etc., except they are discarnate. That is one reason why they are still in the Astral of course, until they can rid themslves of the earthly materialism, passions and desires. Beyond the Astral the Spiritual knowledge available is incredible.

Another very real possibility for the Astral however is to contact the higher intelligences there who can impart some truly advanced knowledge. These intelligences are responsible for almost every aspect of the evolution of mankind, and have vast genuine knowldege between them. Also of course, there are the beings of the single elements who can impart vast knowledge regarding the element to which they belong.

Apologies for the rambling - but the point I am trying to make is that once controlled Astral level work is possible with full recall, the possibilities of using it as a launchpad for greater progression is immense.

With kind regards,

Adrian.

Vincit Omnia Veritas

Frank

quote:
Originally posted by Adrian:
I think you really have something here - something potentially far more meaningful than a conventional OBE. By raising your awareness, or "focus" to the Astral level in this way, and being attached rather than detached as it were from the experience, I would think that it is far more objective and most importantly you can bring back full recall.

Yes, because there is no feeling of detachment from the physical-body it feels, in a sense, like one continuous process. So there isn't any great hole that your memories fall through (as they used to, with me, when I did things the old way).

quote:

Question: Are you an observer from the "focus" perspective, or can you fully interact with the environment and the people there, e.g. your guide?

Yes, I can fully interact but, when listening to the CD, I curtail my actions as it's so easy to go off and forget I'm invoved in a training exercise. Sometimes I can't wait for the CD to finish whereupon I zip back to F10 and project freely.

quote:

You should also find that you are not limited to the Astral. You should be able to raise your awareness to the Mental, Celestial and eventually Cosmic levels of consciousness, and the Astral will not seem the same again then.

I use the term "Astral" as a general term that, to me, describes any projection I may have. From one of your other posts. I now realise the true earthly meaning of the word. Thing is, all the "beings" I met on the Astral are just people at the end of the day.

My regular guide, Harath, for example, is not of this physical Earth. But he's a nice helpful guy who is trying to expand my (rather limited) mind. For which I am grateful.

quote:

The thing with the Astral is that that the people there are the same as the people here, same attitudes, outlook, desires etc., except they are discarnate. That is one reason why they are still in the Astral of course, until they can rid themslves of the earthly materialism, passions and desires. Beyond the Astral the Spiritual knowledge available is incredible.

Another very real possibility for the Astral however is to contact the higher intelligences there who can impart some truly advanced knowledge. These intelligences are responsible for almost every aspect of the evolution of mankind, and have vast genuine knowldege between them. Also of course, there are the beings of the single elements who can impart vast knowledge regarding the element to which they belong.

Yes, you come across those people who are discarnate. In the sense that they had, and now do not have, a physical sheathe. But, along the line, you get to meet those who have never been incarnate on this physical Earth. It's kinda freaky at first, especially as they are just as curious about you; as you are curious about them.

Yours,
Frank

Jeff_Mash

quote:
Originally posted by clandestino:
nice one Frank - we do appreciate the time you put into that post !!

Even though I did feel I had some success in trying to project after using the CD a few times, I suspect that this was just coincidence, and I posted it because I was quite excited ! The pointers that Jeff Mash suggested (staring at an image) are in no way related to the CD.

I should mention right away that I have never tried any of those CD's, so I hope that my example of 'looking at an image' didn't sound like I was trying to sum up Monroe's process.  It's just the technique I use.

However, although my description was simpler, I find that I utilize a lot of the SAME techniques that Frank does, just in my own way.

For example, when I first lay down to project, I have to deal with a lot of THOUGHTS. This is because my mind is till buzzing with all the thoughts that I've been focusing on in my physical, day-to-day life.  

"Who is going to win American Idol?"
"I wonder what work will be like tomorrow."
"What am I going to do for my birthday this Sunday?"
etc......

After I QUIET my thoughts, I end up seeing fleeting images.  My mind is still a bit active, but the thoughts turn to quick images.

"Oh look...bright color!"
"Hey, that looked like a fish or something!"
"Are those stars?"

As you can see, I've now moved into a point where I'm no longer concentrating on my day-to-day thoughts, but I moved into a more visual, abstract mindset.

After this, my mind begins to quiet as my body goes to sleep, and the images become more stable.  Instead of seeing a quick flash of something which looks like a bird or a book, the image remains there longer.  My mind no longer says, "Wow, look at how real this image appears!"  Instead, it passively acknowledges that it's travelling further and further up the "consciousness cone."  This is what Frank talks about....the stronger  your imagination becomes, the closer you are to the astral.

The stronger these images become, two things happen for me:

1) They remain longer in my field of vision (without disappearing or changing)
2) They start to take on a three dimensional aspect

I believe it is at this point that you can melt into the background, or phase your surroundings to step right into the astral.  Usuaully, what happens to me, is that I lose consciousness for a specific amount of time (sometimes seconds, sometimes hours).....at which point, I quickly SNAP back to my conscious awareness.  My body is completely asleep, but my mind is wide awake (thanks to the process I went through in the previous paragraphs).

From there, I'm aware that I'm in my room still, and I simply roll out and find myself in the RTZ.  I have two current goals:

1) Don't lose consciousness, but simply meld into the astral by shifting my awareness.  This would bypass the RTZ altogether.

2) Contact my guide/higher self, no matter which plane I find myself in (astral, RTZ, etc).

Anyway, I notice a lot of similarities between my technique and Franks, so I thought I would share that with you guys (and gals!).

Keep smiling,

Jeff Mash, Founder and Editor
MyJokeMail.com - Jokes and Humor
http://myjokemail.com
Keep smiling,

Jeff Mash
http://www.mjmmagic.com

Tisha

Clive?  A butler?  How British!  Hee!

Thank you Frank, for this post.  It demonstrates an important point, that although you advise us that the Astral is as close as next door, that doesn't necessarily mean you can "blip" there on a whim.  You are as advanced a projector as this forum has seen in awhile, and your personal ritual is pretty extensive.  It gives the rest of us an idea for how to improve our own half-a**ed methods.  I mean, no WONDER I'm having such difficulty; my imagination is nowhere near as engaged as yours.

Something else, I'd like to throw out, in case someone might be able to use it:  I use the Gateway CD, and I find that I need more time to do the exercises than Mr. Monroe allows, because I have trouble with my imagination.  For instance, my energy bubble is only half-formed when he moves on to the next part.  I've found that, after playing the CD, repeating the Gateway  exercises with a Theta-wave CD (a long one, lasting over 1 hour), I can take as long as I need to with the imagery, and move on to the next part when I am ready.  I still use the Gateway CD for the "brain-training" though.

Frank, thank you for sharing !!!!!!!!!!!

Tisha

"As Above, So Below"
Tisha

Frank

Tisha, my imagination is as "engaged" as much as it is, by default I'm afraid. I just stumbled upon it, if the truth were known... and it all just snowballed from there.

Yours,
Frank

PS

Jeff_M's post contains much useful info also. He says about how he can relate so much to what I describe; but the feeling, to me, is mutual. Our respective "techniques" are very similar.

Tisha

by the way, congratulations on becoming a gold member!

Tisha

"As Above, So Below"
Tisha

Frank

Yes, thank you. Your observations are much appreciated (as always).

Yours,
Frank

ralphm

Does anyone think if this imagination process could be used with one of the music hemi-sync cd's or other music/nature cd's? This process is different than what I try/experience, however it may take me beyond my usual stopping point, since I do not get much of astral vision, only a glimpse of a vision change starting, maybe imagination would allow me to leap across.

In the world in general and in this nation
May not even the names disease, famine, war, and suffering be heard.
May virtuous qualities, merit, and prosperity greatly increase
And may continuous good fortune and subline well-being perfectly arise.

svnmn

During the few years I practiced remote viewing three times a week, I used two of the Hemi-Sync music tapes over and over.  One was named 'Higher' and the other was named 'Winds over the World'.  Although I cannot say exactly what brainwave mixes these entrained me to, they did seem helpful in calming me and producing a reliable physical state, allowing me to focus on the work I was attempting to do.

Each of the Hemi-Sync musical numbers is set up for a different mix of frequencies, so the one you choose may matter to that degree.

Steve

# happy to be here #

Tia

I have listened to that CD many times but after reading your post Frank,  I just realised I have no imagination whatsoever!  From now on I will be having a different experience.  Thank you.

kifyre

Isn't this just a tad more difficult than putting yourself into a trance and pulling on a rope? http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile.gif" border=0>

Mark

Adrian

Greetings Frank!

Thanks again!

Yes, I didn't mean to imply that all the beings in the Astral are discarnate people passed over from Earth on their way to higher realms. My suggestion was that those that are from Earth are still very "Earthly" in their outlook and actions, and which is why they are still in the Astral, and have limited or no profound incremental knowledge.

As you rightly point out however, there are many other beings in the Astral realms who are not previously from Earth. Such beings are the beings of the single Elements - Sylph's, Undines, Salamanders and Gnomes  - all symbolic representations for very real and important beings, and then there are the very high intelligences of the sphere who are working with the high authorities on the progress of mankind - there are not many of them, but they are extremely powerful and possess incredible knowledge. They are also contactable and will impart that knowledge if appropriate.

Of course the Astral and higher Spiritual realms are a continuum  - unlike the physical universe which has suns, planets, solar systems, galaxies etc.., and accordingly all Astral life previously from the physical universe, as well as those that are there more permanently, live together in one large "realm" in accordance with their degree of "perfection" and possibly other factors which might or might not be the case with Harath - e.g. they are their to help.  There are numerous physical planets with human like beings, and when such beings end their physical lives, they go to the same places as humans and presumably all live together as one large family of Souls at the same level of Spiritual progression. Such beings as Angels are on an entirely different evolutionary path to human beings.

I would be most interested to here where Harath is from if you can ever find out, or whether he is a permanent Astral resident, there to assist.

The point is though, once these realms can be visited, and the experience controlled and remembered, the information and knowledge gained can be profound.

Thanks again!

With kind regards,

Adrian.

Vincit Omnia Veritas

Frank

quote:
Originally posted by kifyre:
Isn't this just a tad more difficult than putting yourself into a trance and pulling on a rope? http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile.gif" border=0>

Mark

The whole thrust behind my thinking is to try and work out what Monroe meant when he writes about "phasing in" to the Astral as opposed to the traditional out of body experience.

I tried the rope-trick ages ago, but got bored with it. Climbing the same old rope every morning became too much of a burden. This way is far more involving and much more of a mental challenge to get right.

Yours,
Frank

Adrian

Greetings Frank!

One thing I am still somewhat unclear about is this statement:

quote:

Yes, I can fully interact but, when listening to the CD, I curtail my actions as it's so easy to go off and forget I'm invoved in a training exercise. Sometimes I can't wait for the CD to finish whereupon I zip back to F10 and project freely.

If you can fully interact and achieve everything you could previously achieve, and with the immense benefit of complete recall, why is it you that you "can't wait for the CD to finish whereupon I zip back to F10 and project freely."

From what you have been saying about the Focus method, I can't understand why you would be in such a hurry to go back your old, traditional method?

Anyway, we should I think be very mindful of the fact that originally Monroe was an exponent of traditional Astral projection. I believe his method involved "reaching out" for the vibrations and pulling them into your body.

However: We are grateful to Monroe for founding his institute, and conducting a huge amount of research ito the subject of "consciousness" and spefically raising consciousness and awareness to the realms beyond the physical. It seems to me at least that Monroe made massive strides in progress in these areas, and hence the hemi-sync, focus levels and so on, and which were clearly way beyond traditional Astral projection for the reason we have discussed here. The reasons include much more objectivity and control, and most of all complete memory recall, without which the experience is almost meaningless.

That is why I am so interested in Frank's work. He has experience of traditional OBE and its limitations, and has now followed the same path as Monroe before him, and discovered a whole new level of obtaining reeal meaning from the whole higher consciousness experience. And after all, is that not the objective? Unless of course people are pursuing Astral projection for purely novelty and recreational purposes - which is fine if that is what people want. But there is a vast amount of valuable knowledge and experience to be gained from the realms beyond the physical, and surely the objective must be to make the most of them?

I apologise to Frank in advance if I have misunderstood.

With kind regards,

Adrian.

Vincit Omnia Veritas

alpha

nice  thread,it will be of great help to me,when I finally get my cds.Hopefully it will arrive this time.They had to reship it.

-------------------------------
"WAKE UP!WAKEUP!WAKE UP AND LOOK AROUND YOU!WERE LOST IN SPACE AND THE TIME IS OUR HOME"
-------------------------------

Tia

I dont look at these CD's as a way to Astrally Project, for me they are a way of re-training the brain.   Because my brain wont let me past all my accumulated beliefs, I think the affirmation is a great way of getting through that fear barrier - the whole CD is like training wheels.  I have only been OBE once and only for a second, rope trick doesn't work.  I know nothing about Monroe but I have experienced a lot of 'interesting things' which I directly relate to the CD.  I have to settle for that for the time being.

Windameir

Frank...
WOW ! how Wonderfull that all this has come about from "Okay, tell me what are you imagining when you go from the energy conversion box to Focus 3?" Quite frankly I hadn't Imagined much of anything except the Energy convertion box which I invisioned as a golden pirate chest, beyond that I had put my wories of the day inside and like you had imagined pulling my physical body sheath off and adding it to the box. but beyond that I had pretty much just followed Monroe along with the resonant-tuning hummiing along and so on without getting much more than some hypnogogic images from behind my eyelids. Well after thinking of your question of what I imagened while listening to the cd's the very next time I listened to Orentation and Focus 10 when I got to the resonant-tuning I was listening instead of humming along and seeing nothing but blackness behind my eyelids when a strange thing happened..I saw a man sitting in a black reclineing chair, he had a neatly trimed jet black beard and mustache with nicely trimed sideburns and  was rather stout and balding only on the top of his head, he had kind of a english manner to his voice (if you have seen a show called sliders there is a man who resembles this man somewhat on that show) the resonant tuning was going on in the background at the time and as I looked at him he said " You don't really think those voices are real do you?" ........and then my darn dog got up and Shook! breaking my concentration. It was such a pity. I sure would have liked to have been able to respond. ....N E way Thanks so much for the insight, I dont' suppose anyone else has seen this guy  http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile.gif" border=0>  How curious

Happy Travels
Windameir

Frank

Adrian: Either you misunderstood, or I didn't make myself clear enough.

I can no-longer project my "old way". Not sure exactly why that is, though, thinking about it in computer-software terms, it feels like the new version of Windows has overwritten the old version. So I cannot boot using the old version anymore.

Nowadays, when going through the exercise to Focus 10 and back, I often start to slip into what I call "countdown to projection" mode. I'll begin seeing whirls of foggy colour and abstract images (stray energy stage) which I use as a milestone that tells me projection within the Astral is just about to happen. Which is all very nice. Because to be able to do that with such relative ease *is* what I have been working on the past six months.

However, I do like to be thorough. And it is the very fact that I have been so thorough, that has got me to this stage. Plus, it is also a question of control and mental discipline. Not only that, I am (as yet) nowhere near achieving my goal of achieving repeated, controlled conscious-exit projections with the ease Monroe writes about. Basically, I want to be able to just lie back, take a few deep breaths and "phase in".

The mental imagery, coupled with the use of the CD, may seem (to some) to be a bit long winded. But one glaring aspect of projection has come about from my work, and that is: you have to learn to project slowly, before you can project quick.

Consider also that when doing it without the CD, you can run through the process in just as much detail but in *half* the time. Plus, it is possible to add further refinements such as my "fast track" declaration process. Which works very well. I enter the declaration room as before and, instead of reading the declaration out loud, I'm handed a form to sign. The declaration is written out on the form. I read it through, agree and sign, then the door opens and off I go to Focus 3.

Oh, I spoke to Harath this morning. Not much happened. For some reason he was making me do all these sight exercises. He'd cause different shapes to come up on a wall about 20 feet away and I had to say what they were. Such as red triangle, blue circle and so on. I asked him where he was from and his exact reply was, "Where I'm from is not important" and he just kept insisting we do these darned exercises. Next thing this "school minibus" drove up with a load of children inside and I had to help him usher them into "school" after which I had to leave (physical-body demand).

Yours,
Frank

Adrian

Greetings Frank!

Yes, I confess I did misunderstand regarding your "old" projection technique.

But OTOH, as I implied before, I think you could well be following a course which should rapidly lead to controlled, extended, objective and memorable Astral work at will. This would be a very great achievement for sure.

I am very interested in what the swirls and stray energy look like in more detail, and how long it takes to manifest an turn into something more Astral.

As for the excercises of Harath - most interesting! It sounds very like the technique used to project into (through a symbil) the kingdoms of the single elements - Fire, Water, Air and Earth. These are the elements from which everything in the Universe (all realms) was created, and from which the electric and magnetic fluids originate. Of course these fluids and the elements are not the same as the physical things, but analogous to them. All creation started with heat and expansion from the element of Fire, which has as its primary characteristics heat and light.

But I diversify - by projecting, or entering into the kingdoms of the elements through the symbol analogous to each - you can meet and interact with the beings of the single elements - Sylphs (Air), Undines (Water), Salamanders (Fire) and Gnomes (Earth), and these beings are very useful to know!

I am just guessing of course, and might be completely wrong http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile.gif" border=0> Maybe it was just some sort of objectivity test excercise?

Anyway, thanks again - as I keep saying, you are really onto something here.

With best regards,

Adrian.

Vincit Omnia Veritas