News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Jeff's OBE Tips

Previous topic - Next topic

chicnstu

I'll try these tips out and see if I have an OBE any quicker than I usually do with my techniques.

Deva

This method could be workable for me.  I discovered that by placing 2 magnets a few inches apart on my forehead allowed me to extend my focus on the blackness behind my eyelids effortlessly.

I would not suggest placing one on the 3rd eye region.  When I did this there tended to be a more likelihood of attracting NEGs for some reason.

Serenity1

Hi Jeff
Thanks for the tips, I've been having good results, slow, but worth the the practice.

I was getting frustrated with the state where the images apear. Since I was looking for some image to float peacfully by, not so!

For me there is a heap of image stuff happening but yet not clear enough to recognise anything. Only when I accepted this and kind of ignored it this happened:

I quote you jeff:
You know, it's almost like your a passenger in a car which is speeding down the highway. Next time you're in a car as a passenger, stare out the side of the window at a 90 degree angle, so that you're literally facing the speeding scenery...

Yes, to me it is like a VERY fast ride. Then it turns sideways like the screens in the movie Matrix where all the data is running virtical only super fast and all colours, THEN POP I'm standing on the lawn of my Mothers house and the dew on the grass is all so real (RTZ I think) etc.. But I can't smell that wonderful crisp air, so when I draw in a great big breath through my nostrals POP my real eyes open and I'm back... bugger!!

It's all a ballancing act for me but I'm learning each day and getting rewards perhaps once a week, but that is worth the practice.

Cheers[:)]

Harvey

smooth

hey jeff,

It seems to me that you are like a expert obt. where is the coolst place you have gone while in obe?

~chris~
-Chris

Mustardseed

Hi Jeff and all
Lately I have been having a lot of very new experiences with WILDs (wake induced lucid dreams) It seems to me that the tecnic you are describing is very similar to how I induce these WILDS. In the light of this I have a bit of input that might be a part of the picture.

It seems that for me my body has to be very relaxed and free of toxins. By this I mean alcohol or coffea. My main toxins of choice,[;)]. I seem to have a big problem with phasing if I have had coffea within 5 or 6 hours, so the early morning works best. I normally get up at about 1 hour before sunrise and answer my mail and strech and then I go back to bed. I lay on my left side in a foster position and then I start to trick my mind. I say to myself "I am going to pretend to go back to sleep but REALLY....i AM GONNA STAY AWAKE AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS". Mostly I have about 10 15 minutes of wind down time and after that swirls of colour start appearing in my view. I know I am close to "sleep land" so I count. I try to let 6 swirls pass by but on the 7th I follow it with my eyes and stare at it very intently till it starts expanding. It sort of blossoms and then a very small center starts to grow and into that center I ......will myself. This I cannot explain.

I usually just pop into a dreamscape and ....I tell you folks it is beyond description.

2 days ago I did the above and suddenly with a POP or snap, an actual sound, I stood on the deck of a white sailboat that was leaping forward under a blue sky. I flipped out and started going forward. The wawes were huge but kind and the sea forgiving (easy to sail) but I went to the bow and stood up on the railing and streched my arms out. The wind in my hair the roar of the waves and bouncing of the boat ...I thought I was gonna burst with happiness. Suddenly the dreamscape changed and I was in a car driving and I decided to do some experimenting with.......ok well it was a very nice experience and I woke very happy and am pleased to report that there seem to really be no astral police .....but now I have been there (she was pretty cute) and done that....I better get serious. Made me think that, a lot of folks here like you Jeff probably did a lot of experimenting as well....probably. Anyway I am off the thread subject babbeling.

Regards Mustardseed
Words.....there was a time when I believed in words!

Haematite

Hi to all[:)]
And thanks to Jeff - I'm going to try your tips as soon as it's possible[:)]
My problem is that I've always had spontaneous and confusing OBEs (I first heard bout the term "OBE" 1 month ago) and a lot of WILDs without knowing what they mean and calling them "my halucinations". But I can't rule them - I can't fall into them willingly - it happens from time to time just like this...And it's not very comfortable sometimes because being in WILD several nights one after another I can't properly sleep and rest, my mind is staying constantly at the borderline between sleep and awakeness, I see a lot of "events" happening one after another(like little fast dreams until I'm keep thinking and being somekind awake) - at the end it makes me nervous sometimes cause I just can't fall into normal sleep and take rest. I want to use my OBEs to improve myself but I first want to learn how to rule them.
Be safe[:)]

nitetravler

Bravo Jeff, your post was very well written and definitely thought provoking. You've raised some interesting points that differ quite markedly from what many of us have been told about acheiving OBE's, and like others here can hardly wait to put what you say into practice...who knows?

A man's reach should exceed his grasp, or else what's Heaven for?

-Robert Browning

PatrickMM

When you say follow the images in your eyes, do you mean just in a trance state, or when attempting to actually leave your body, such as through the rope method?

Because when I was in trance, I wasn't getting much, it was just black, but once I started doing rope, and I felt some pressure on my head, and started to see things on my eyes. There were these white areas on my eyes, and I followed those, and it seemed to work fairly well. It took me further than I could usually go with rope, however, I still haven't been able to execute a full OBE.

So, are you supposed to follow the stuff when just in trance, or does it sound like I'm doing the right thing?

FreeFaller

how do you Astro project i cant find it can someone help  send me a message on how to please Astro project i cant figure out how to

Chris

Some interesting points Jeff.

In regards to the mind awake and body asleep... I think it's just a matter of perspective or semantics. My personal feeling is that the mind is NEVER asleep, and neither is the body (unless dead). I do not see the physical body as one thing and the 2nd body as another thing and other higher bodies as other separate things. Indeed, do you see your arm as separate from your physical body? Do you see the cell in your body as separate? I believe we have one large body comprised of many areas including what we call the physical body and that just as you can move your conscious focus around inside your physical body, you can also shift your conscious focus within your "super body" that encompasses all of our different energy bodies. Whether you are very conscious of your experiences and things going on in these other areas depends on how focussed your mind is. If you are unfocussed, there is very little conscious communication between the various parts. When well focussed then information from other parts can be transfered or transformed into other parts.

So, leaving the body my physical body does not fall asleep, I am simply shifting a large portion of my mental focus to another body. There is still a certain amount of my consciousness residing in the physical body handling it's various functions, but the majority i have transfered to my second or higher bodies. IMHO.

chris

Eduardo Maron

Nothing is mentoned about the 'vibrations' that some one like Robert Monroe said that you must have for an OBE to happened???
Thanks
Eduardo

APGuy

quote:
Originally posted by Eduardo Maron

Nothing is mentoned about the 'vibrations' that some one like Robert Monroe said that you must have for an OBE to happened???
Thanks
Eduardo

Vibrations don't necessarily mean OBEs.  They do often coincide with OBEs however many people have had OBEs without vibrations and I plus many others have experience vibrations without any conscious OBE.

golding_light

Well I have actually researched various areas about the mind, the subconscious, hypnotherapy, dreaming and so on, and one thing that really suprised me is that I have found myself doing something you have suggested ( the thing where when you relax your eyes, you start seeing things, and you keep focused on it and it seems as though it grows, and then you have more and more control over what you are seeing, and i have actually found myself ind of drift off into a dream world and then suddenly wae up). I dont know if this is an OBE because i dont know one thing, are they supposed to be lucid(meaning i am aware that I am in a OBE, and i can control what I do) or they supposed to be lie how I described them before.

I also have a suggestion for a technique to use to relaxe you physical eyes. You lay down in a very comfortable position, so that your body is loose and floppy, then close your eyes and roll them upwords as though you are trying to look at the inside of your forhead, it will make your eyes sor, but do this for about 8 seconds straight, then close your eyes and you notice that your eyes will start twitching, because they often do when the eyelid muscles relax in this way.

One other thing that is very important for reaching a state of relaxation so that you can concentrate on you mental vison is to breath slowly and deeply, but when you breath inwords you stomach expands and vice versa, this is helping you body relax in its natural way.

Also I am but a novice in the area of OBE's, but my theory of what they are is that because you body is so relaxed, and at the same time you are focusing on your mental thoughts, you are awakening you subconscious (wich you use when you are dreaming, when you are asleep), but because you are still physically awake it creates a more lucid dream, and its almost as though your body is sometimes so lite, as though you never want to move it because it a way you are asleep, but in another way you arent.

Anyways thats all i have to say, and i wish to for someone to give me some feedbac because i love to learn, so please any information on OBE would be very appreciated.

APGuy

quote:
Originally posted by golding_light

my theory of what they are is that because you body is so relaxed, and at the same time you are focusing on your mental thoughts, you are awakening you subconscious (wich you use when you are dreaming, when you are asleep), but because you are still physically awake it creates a more lucid dream,

Well my understanding is that there is something called a wake induced lucid dream where somebody goes directly from awake to being in the dream world.  Now the difference is that wake induced lucid dreams, although of a higher level of lucidity, are not quite as high as OBEs (OBEs are at an equal to or greater level of lucidity then when you're awake), also most wake induced lucid dreams don't occur in the persons immediate environment like OBEs do, and also the techniques for wake induced lucid dreams mostly involve internal concentration while OBE techniques mostly involve concentration on some sort of dynamic movement.  However, I'm not sure if there is a difference between high level lucidity wake induced lucid dreams and astral projections.  I believe there to be a difference but they are quite similar in that they both take place in a dream-like world.

Acheron

quote:
Originally posted by Chris

In regards to the mind awake and body asleep... I think it's just a matter of perspective or semantics. My personal feeling is that the mind is NEVER asleep, and neither is the body (unless dead). I do not see the physical body as one thing and the 2nd body as another thing and other higher bodies as other separate things.

Chris,

I am at the moment reading "The Projection of the Astral Body" by Sylvan Muldoon and there is a section that goes into this in some detail, I do not want to quote from the book but for those who have it look at pages 68 - 72.

For those who have not read this book, the author asks what the mind is and where does it go when we are unconscious, he offers that we do not know the bounds, the nature or the locality of the conscious mind, but we know that we use it and that it goes unconscious. It is impossible to believe that the mind evaporates into nothing when we go unconscious or into a coma.

Some people say that unconsciousness or a coma is when the mind leaves the physical body and goes into the astral body, but if this were the case why would we not remember being in the astral body as we do in the physical one ?

What happens to the conscious mind when we sleep ?

I have for the past few weeks been trying to extend the hypnagogic state so I can stay at this level for minutes at a time without trying to project or phase, I am just curious how long you can stay in this state before unconsciosness takes over.

I have in the past without trying been in a state where I know everything is asleep apart from my *mind* and I can think and reason and this *mind* will not go unconscious or sleep, sometimes it seems that I can go for hours in this state and in the morning it really feels like I have not *slept* although my physical body is refreshed, does this make sense ?

Anyway I really value these posts, I have sat on the sidelines for a while and learned an awful lot from you people who appear to be so far ahead of me in your experiences and capabilities.

Thank you all for sharing your experiences and helping those who would like to start on the path but cannot see the signposts yet !

ICWiz

Hmm.

Has anyone tried the Ganzfeld effect? This might help in getting a feel for relaxed eyes. I have tried it, its very soothing

--ICWiz
--The Sky is always red in my dreams

LotusLegs

QuoteOriginally posted by The AlphaOmega
It's at this stage that I visualize myself floating out of my body, and suddenly my heart beats faster and I get an excited feeling, as if I'm very close.

DUDE!!!  That is EXACTLY the experience I get when I try Robert the Bruce's ROPE technique.  And when I say exactly I mean exactly.  It's like I wrote it myself when I read this quote.

I usually get so excited that I lose focus on the rope or try different methods of "pulling."  I feel a humming in myself as well as excitement and a feeling of being really close.[8)]
If you want to view paradise, simply look around and you will.

-Willy Wonka

LotusLegs

All this talk about eyes!  I don't think I've ever really tried to see anything.  I hope I don't start making it something I worry about that will impede my progress.  I guess I'll try to see with these Astral Eyes (whatever that means)

-Willy Wonka

LotusLegs

With all this talk of primarily using eyes and no real mention of the rope, it seems like you have a whole new method of APing.

Does The Bruce mention anything like that?  If so, which part of Astral Dynamics is it?

-Willy Wonka

alpine9

Hi jeff,

Is this the technique you have the most success with when tring to AP?

Jeff_Mash

First off, let me explain some things I can and can't do.

I am no expert on OBE's.  I cannot do these at will (yet).  I don't have all the answers, nor am I above learning from even the most inexperienced projector out there.

With that said, I have been having spontaneous and planned OBE's for the last 5+ years.  I do have at least one every week (sometimes more, sometimes less).  And.....I have seen some characteristics that are COMMON to most of my OBE's.

I would like to share some of those with you now, to help you come to learn what I have learned and HELP you in your attemps.

1) YOUR EYES MUST BE ASLEEP

What do I mean?  In a nutshell, your eyes play a BIG role in the ability to consciously have an OBE.  They themselves must be asleep.  Here is what I mean by that.

Close your eyes right now and leave them closed for about 10 seconds.  Just focus on them behind your closed eyelids and observe their activity.

What you will find a number of things happening.  You will see that they pulsate a little.  Your eyelids twitch.  You will also find that the eyeballs themselves move.  So when you're looking at the blackness behind your eyelids, your PHYSICAL eyes are the ones that are trying to do the looking.  THIS IS NOT WHAT WE WANT.

When I am about to project, one thing I notice is that my PHYSICAL eyes are NOT doing the looking.  I sense the blackness and I "see" things, but my physical eyes are completely asleep.  No pulsating, no movement, nothing.

To really experience this, you will have to remember this post when you wake up in the middle of the night.  The next time you have to get up to go pee or something, when you lay back down, just close your eyes and you will see what I mean.  The physical eyes just sit there behind your eyelids like a zombie.  They aren't seeing or (better yet) LOOKING for anything.

This is one of the steps you need to work towards.  When you lay down to practice having an OBE, spend a lot of time relaxing your eyes.  When you find yourself straining to look at the 3D blackness, catch yourself.  Ask, "Am I using my physical eyes to try and see behind my eyelids, or my astral eyes?"

Once you start perceiving and seeing images without your physical eyes trying to "look" for them, you have accomplished a big step.

2. MIND AWAKE....YES / BODY ASLEEP.....NOT REALLY

Ok, here is a bombshell for most of you OBE students.  We've all read and been told that in order to achieve an OBE, your must reach what has been termed the "mind awake/body asleep" stage, right?

Well, I don't know about you, but I think this has really hindered a lot of people.  Why?  Because they spend all their time and energy trying to put their body asleep that they end up falling asleep themselves!

Have you ever really asked yourself, "What does it mean to have my 'body asleep' anyway?"

After all, your body really doesn't SLEEP, does it?  It simply isn't active.  The heart beats a little slower, the muscles are relaxed, but it certainly isn't sleeping.  It certainly isn't having its own separate dreams, right?

"But Jeff, I think they say your body is asleep because you can't feel it.  You won't be able to sense it so therefore, it's asleep."

Ah HA!  That's where people go wrong.  The reason why you can't feel your body is NOT because of your body, but because of your MIND.  You must condition your MIND to have an OBE.

I believe 95% of you out there who have trouble inducing an OBE fall into this trap.  You spend all of your time focusing on preparing the PHYSICAL BODY for an OBE (which doesn't get to experience it), and less time on preparing your MIND for an OBE (which does get to experience it).

That's like washing your brand new car for your vacation to Disneyland, and then you take the train there instead.

Instead, when you lay down, get comfortable.  Make sure you're relaxed (paying attention to relax your eyes).  Once you relax your eyes, spend ALL of your time working on the MENTAL side of things.

Focus on the blackness behind your eyelids (with non-physical eye muscles).  As your MIND relaxes, the blackness with begin to take on more depth and three-dimensional qualities.

As your MIND continues to relax, these black three dimensional qualities will begin to hold for longer and longer periods of time before fading away.  They will also start to take on color.  

THE KEY IS TO LOCK ONTO ONE OF THESE THINGS AND HOLD ONTO IT.  If you can do that, it usually can suck you right into the astral.  This is also known as PHASING, something Frank was really good at explaining.

While I can't fill his shoes, I hope that this description can give you all a renewed hunger to achieve this state on your own.

3. RELAX YOUR MIND BY FOLLOWING YOUR LINE OF CONSCIOUSNESS

When you close your eyes to go to sleep, by staring straight ahead behind your closed eyelids, you will find that your mind kind of "blanks out", but you don't really become tired.  It's kind of like staring at a wall or something.  It keeps you occupied, but your mind really isn't moving in a downward, relaxed state.

However, if you mentally explore this area, you will see that there is a current, or energy flow that you can lock onto which almost makes you tired, and brings you closer to sleep.

It sounds "out there" and I'm having difficulty explaining it, but its almost like using a key to unlock a door.  If you simply push the key sideways onto the keyslot (aka just closing your eyes and staring straight ahead), this won't accomplish your goal of unlocking the door (aka having a full blown OBE).

However, as you work on turning the key (aka Feeling around mentally for this 'sleep trigger' point), you will find that after a minute or so, the key will slip into the key slot (aka You found the mental state to allow your mind to automatically begin falling asleep).  

Now you can ride that line further and further down by allowing your mind to automatically begin to relax, while you focus on the 3D blackness with your non-physical eye muscles.

Make sense?  In other words, right now, wherever you are sitting, if you were to simply close your eyes at this moment, you would not go to sleep.  However, if you leave them closed and mentally feel around for the right "sleep processing thoughts", your MIND would begin to daydream, begin to wander, and otherwise begin to relax and drift off to sleep. THIS IS WHAT YOU WANT.

Now couple that with the other two points above (by using your non-physical eyes and not worrying about the body), and these are the three MAIN OBE characteristics which can make the difference between an ordinary night's sleep and a wonderful, full-blown projection.

In closing, it is important to STAY POSITIVE.  Mentally tell yourself how EASY this is....that even though you have no idea how to do this, reassure yourself that your MIND already knows what to do, and that you're trusting your own MIND to teach you the steps to reproduce this at will.

With lots of practice and self-introspection, your mind will soon achieve this state of consciousness relatively quickly.

Hope that helps!
Keep smiling,

Jeff Mash
http://www.mjmmagic.com