Reasons why OBE’s should NOT be feared.

Previous topic - Next topic

lifebreath

quote:
The only cases I have come across where projectors have had seriously bad experiences with lower subplanes involved hallucinogenic drugs being used to precipitate out-of-body experiences.

I will testify to that! In my younger years, I used LSD for a period during which I was seeking deeper spiritual understanding. I had a number of very enlightening and positive trips that were always highly spiritual. Until that one night - a trip to the pit of hell.

It was the last time I ever used any drugs (other than a beer now and then). It was also a catalyst into a whole new way of life - along the lines of "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger." It also gave me a great dose of humility, caution and fear. The humility was needed, a reasonable caution has remained, the fear has gradually been overcome as I delved deeply into those dark and negative aspects of my own mind and soul, carrying with me the light of God and the healing balm of love.

In retrospect, years later, I can see clearly that what I encountered was a mix of 1) my own hidden festering wounds, anger, hurt, and projected demons and 2) very strong negative entities attempting to psychicly harm. The cesspool, if you will, of the many negative entities created in the dark recesses of the human psyche through the ages vibrating my own unresolved inner cesspool. The LSD broke down the psychic defense structures I had built up to keep a lid on it all.

Fortunately, I held fast to my faithful guide that night - Jesus - and had a powerful experience of God that radically transformed me, although what seemed at the time to be a thorough transformation was simply the first step on a lifetime journey of spiritual growth and understanding.

I have no doubt that psychedelics can be used in powerful and positive ways if the person is well balanced with a trained mind and soul, but personally have no use for them. I would caution young people against attempting to short cicuit the natural process of spiritual, mental and emotional growth in order to experience other realms. Such drugs can very suddenly, by removing the natural barriers of self-protection, introduce a person to that which Robert describes:
quote:
The lower astral sublanes (traditionally the ones to be avoided) appear to be areas where negative emotion, thought, and fantasy-generated energies have been collecting for a very long time. These areas are home to negative manifestations of the darker side of the human mind and imagination. The fringes of these areas are not dangerous, but are decidedly unpleasant. The very bad lower subplanes are dark, shadowy areas populated (more aptly polluted) with all kinds of demons, monsters, and nightmarish figures. The lowest of these dark areas could aptly be called hellish dimensional areas

This sudden, unexpected confrontation can be potentially overwhelming to the point of real harm to the untrained, immature soul.

HOWEVER ... go naturally, according to your abilities and skill, training yourself to achieve balance, with respect for the natural laws and safeguards that exist and with a humble and sincere desire for understanding and wisdom ... and use what is revealed to grow ... it's a fantastic journey, this life of ours!

Dragen

Hi James,
I would like to thank you for posting this bit of information.  You know it's funny, just yesterday I was absolutely fine with all of this until I read a very large thread in the Astral Experiences forum about really bad stuff going down.  

I would like to point out, (to anyone who hasn't read that thread), that is a very interesting thread, well thought out, highly subjective (which is apparent) and one of the most mature debated subjects I have ever seen on the internet.  There are truly some amazing mature people here on these boards.  However, I would highly recommend straying away from this thread if you are afraid of "negative" things happening to you in the Astral Realm, because it goes pretty deep in to that.  While I am happy I read the thread, I was also a little disturbed and it effected my Astral Training pretty badly.  I wont go in to how bad.. but i'm starting to learn just how powerful your subconscious can be.

It is my belief that many of the individuals in that thread have focused a lot of energy (whether they know it or not) on entering questionable astral planes.  This is their path, and they walk it with the utmost bravery and courage to find answers for themselves.  Whether or not it is the truth, we will probably never know.

Basically, what i'm trying to say is.. thank you for posting this info for me James.  While I am not a "messiah-type" follower of Robert Bruce, I am a big fan of his writing and intriqued (to say the least) with his experiences.  Although he doesn't want recognition, he deserves a lot in regards to "having been there and done that".  When he says the astral realm is safe and that trouble can easily be avoided, that means a lot for me during this time of training.  Training is a lot of work, and the last thing I need is negative spiritual "beliefs" when I haven't experienced it for myself first-hand yet.

Robert, if you are reading this... I think it would be VERY important for you to touch base on this in your Treatise like you did with the book.  I haven't bought the book yet, but i'm putting an order in for a signed one tomorrow.  But for newcomers, (like me) who have ventured in to articles such as the Treatise, basically start-out with that as a model for learning and experiencing Astral Projections/OBE's first hand.  While you touched "briefly" on good planes bad planes in the Treatise, it wasn't very detailed like the passage from your book, and something like that is all I need to calm my fears.

I now feel more spiritually positive and energetic, just reading that passage.  Thanks again James!

Huwie

James, thanks for posting that!  Hopefully my copy of Astral Dynamics will be landing on my doormat in about an hour.  I didn't know you could get signed copies though! Waaaaaaah! [:(]

Nay

Wonderful post James!  *hugs* [:D]

Nay [^]

m0d0

Excellent post James,

One that truly helps out out with the fear of negative attacks. Thanx. I totally agree that Likes attract like and that if you AP with a negative attitude or have the opinion that'll you'll meet negs when your there, you will.

Since coming to the board i have been overwhelmed with the friendliness of the members (Long standing and new). The sheer encouragment given to someone who wants to start the exploration of his spiritual-self is amazing. This site is by no means a closed circle reserved for the few that can actually project sucessfully on a regualr basis. For that i thank everyone.

I got both RB's books on my Amazon wish list... Just need to wait for the pay check to come in and those babies are mine.

Cheers,

Mo!

James S

Thanks for the replies people. I'm really happy that this has been an encouragement.

At the risk of seeming a little egotistical, I'm making this a sticky for a time, mostly for the sake of new members to the site who might be holding back their abilities to project because of their fears.

Enjoy,
[:)]
James.

Dragen

Hey James,
Don't worry, I think it's a great idea to keep it sticky.  Permanently.  (In my honest opinion)  Because of the detailed post, in 1 day I went from having difficulties to inducing deep sleep paralysis every time I try.  (But now i'm stuck there lol)  

But aside from working on moving forward from this point, I am no longer afraid.  I think this will greatly help others who visit this forum and read that information.  

[:)]

Michael_E

Great post James!

I noticed a pattern of fear towards negs becoming popular as well and tried to lighten things up a bit with the astral beatdowns thread in astral experiences category http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9174&whichpage=1

It didnt quite have the effect i wanted it to in fact it might have inspired people to go out and look for trouble[:(] One of the things i found to be true is that the most effective and rewarding application towards oobe is done with a joyful/playful enthusiastic attitude, your post does a good job of confirming that for me with some info of the mechanisms behind it all.
If you will it it is no dream.

-Theodore Herzl

GhostRider

Great post James, I think this should put the whole subject to a better light for folks who don't know (newbies), and for folks who should know better (usually christian or 'other' fundamentalists).  Thanks James!
"

chupacabra

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for this reminder. I was getting a little creeped-out and fearful of even attempting AP because of all the neg oriented posts floating around. It is a fascinating topic (for me, anyway) but too much pondering of the negs won't do anyone any good.

And I would also like to add my appreciation for the caliber of discussion that goes on here. There is very little personal attacking and if it does happen it is usually resolved quickly.

raised up like a welt on the skull of a mummy

Ahumbleservant

Hi there,
I am a new member to Astral Pulse and I just want everyone here to know that I am grateful for the existence of this site for I find it very useful.

Recently, I had a near death experience and have been called to serve and have agreed to serve the man upstairs.  Since then I have been dreaming and seeing things that I can't explain.  So, I am consciously looking do my part to understand more and hopefully find some good books to start my practice.

I am currently practicing meditation and grounding exercises, etc.
I find my self flying and traveling in my sleep and was thinking that since you all seem to know a lot about astral travel and all, which book would you recommend as a starter.  Apparently, I seem to know more of what it is that I am doing while unconscious rather than conscious.

Thank you for your assistance!
Ahumbleservant

crazy_colombiang

So if i want to fly up i just pray or sing any kind of song?

chupacabra

dear humbleservant

i think anyone here would recommend Robert Bruce's "Astral Dynamics" to get the low-down on astral travel: how it works, what is happening to your body and spirit while it's happening. To me it's a very comprehensive manual for AP.

As far as making sense of what your seeing while you're out there, Astral Dynamics kind of gives an overview of the spirit realm but doesn't go into detail. I'm sure the experienced projectors here would be glad to give you some insight as well as possibly reccomend some reading.
raised up like a welt on the skull of a mummy

James S

quote:
Originally posted by crazy_colombiang

So if i want to fly up i just pray or sing any kind of song?

Ever seen the Robin Williams movie Hook?
There's a scene where he's having to learn how to fly again, and what he has to do is think happy thoughts.

Same deal here if you get stuck in the lower areas. Your thoughts and moods go a long way to determining your surroundings, so if you think of something that is uplifting, as Robert uses the example of a song or prayer that will lift your mood, this will effectively lift you up into higher, better areas.

James.

crazy_colombiang

so just think happy something that will chear me up?
and about the astral guides, how do you contact them?

James S

Yes, basically. Lifting your mood, or lifting your spirits, has the equivalent of a physical effect in the astral. It might sound a little simplistic, but it really doesn't need to be at all complicated. Remember that this is a realm where thoughts can become reality. dark thought = dark reality. bright thoughts = bright reality

Don't be too impatient about finding a guide. You don't find them, they find you, and only when they know that you are ready. You can call on beings in the astral to guide you, as if you have good intentions, there are many higher beings that are more than happy to help guide you. Just be careful here, as dealing with any astral entity, you need to be sure that they have your best interesta at heart. True higher beings have no problem with being "tested", and will happily oblige in order to help you.

Your true spirit guide, which for most people ends up being their higher self, will only be revealed when you are ready, and not I or anyone alse could possibly tell you when that might be. That's entirely up to you.

I don't really wish to go any further here on the topic of spirit guides. That's a whole other subject, and there has already been many discussions about them. Use the forums search function and you'll find more. Make sure the search goes back to early 2002, as there was a couple of threads about spirit guides mid to late 2002 that were particularly informative.

Regards,
James.

crazy_colombiang

thanx james that really clears up my thoughts about the astral guides

TheSeeker

Good post James, and very much needed.

The Humble Master

I think that to contact your Astral Guides all you have to do is will them there. As you seem to have acheived astral projection you probably have some degree of concentration, so just will them there with all your concectration.

Goldenshadow

Whats wrong with fear? A common pattern is to fear the darkness/negs/negtive energy. This is symbolic of fearing the unknown. A well used servival tool. We are darkness we are light, so what shall we attract? If we only saw the brighter sides of life would we be of whole mind? Perhaps...

Makaveli

This is a good thread.  I'm not scared of being out of body it's the separation that usually gets me.  As for negatives I just don't think about them so I won't end up creating the experience.  It seems no matter what happens when projecting or dreaming you always come back unharmed.  

Just this morning I had 2 interesting experiences relating to fear.  

In one I separated and stayed on my couch in real-time.  I saw what I thought was the face of a neg so I stayed frozen on the couch still looking at it while slightly panicking.  The face looked square, sort of transparent, and it was kind of wavy.  After waking up I realized that it was only the top of my DVD shelf at the same location that I was seeing (probably with real-time sight) but my mind misinterpreted it.  The top of the shelf looks the same as what I saw.  It was probably wavy and transparent because I was vibrating, the covers were blocking one of my eyes, and there were probably reality fluctuations due to my confusion.  After experiences like this I believe that a lot of what seems scary in the astral is due to our lack of control and understanding.

I had another AP this morning.  I slowly dragged my astral body off of the couch.  I then saw a small green skull come up to me and start making odd noises.  I'm surprised that I didn't panic but I just ignored it and it went away.  Once I got away from my body I could move without problems.  Instead of letting that ruin the experience I was able to get upstairs and outside without any distractions where I got to briefly fly for the 2nd time in an AP.  

__--nezabaleta--__

Following joking text was post by myself at the thread "Census about abilities and disabilities".
There I say:
"My first order fear (to death and the loss of such event shall signify for my loved ones) I can overcome simply by thinking: "Well... death will come too early or too late, and in an uncertain time... perhaps when I go to pay my taxes a car breaks my life... then, why not to death now trying to OBE..?".
NEZabaleta

innerpilot

Thankyou James. I am one such new member that is benefitting by your message. Although I've projected many many times over many years, I totally relate to the entirety of your message and am glad it is the first post on this forum that I read. Always a good refresher course. Thanks again.

cailin

Its funny, less than an hour ago I was talking to a friend of mine and I was telling her that I find it hard to meditate because whenever I try, I begin to leave my body, also when I'm going to sleep at nite. I used to go on this site regularly but I found myself not being here so often because I was reading so much about negs and really scary things that were happening to people, like something out of a nightmare, so I found myself not wanting to make my fear of obe-ing worse than it already was.
Then I thought to myself that I would pay a visit and I was really happy to find a thread on exactly what was on my mind, coincedence? I think not.
I love it when things like that happen.
ThanksXXX

Thing