News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Technique Central

Previous topic - Next topic

Awakened_Mind

How to stop an OBE? I have never really investigated how to stop them from occuring to be honest. If you don't want to happen and it keeps occuring I would advise you to accept that you may be a natural projector.

What happens that scares you?

-Awakened_Mind
Truth exists beyond the dimension of thought.

David Warner

Crescent24,

Back in the day when I projected (almost everyday) I needed to take a break from OBE'ing, not because I was nervous, or feared it. But because I had to focus on physical earthly issue's like getting my degree, work, and love.

It was VERY hard to stop projecting and when I didn't want to it happened anyways. What helped me get thru it is prayer, sometimes a little alcohol (one beer or two) and not over doing it. Relaxing the mind, intent, and focusing on sleep, then projecting.

Another useful tip during the day  you can try is a real good hard work out. Also, get up earlier then normal, stay up, no naps and then go to bed when you are scheduled. Normally, the physical body will be so tired that you will skip over the trance state and land directly into the dream.

Now, changing gears. What freaks  you out about projecting? Would it be the vibrations, sleep paralysis|, flying, looking back at your body, voices speaking into your ear during the exit?

I would imagine that these would be the key factor of fear for you? Before I go any further, please share so that I can help.

You can also visit my web site www.invisiblelight.us to learn more about my experiences, scarry and beauty, scientific, video, technique that can help.

Tvos

InvisibleLight - Book Release 12.12.2012
www.invisiblelight.us

andonitxo

This method helps me a lot to disasociate my astral body from the physical one.

It is quite based on the NEW technique and I found it by chance, and it is a modification of the rebouncing exercise.

Just imagine a sheet of energy (sort of a plane) that goes through your neck up the top of your head and then it goes down again till your throat (so to explain more visually, take a piece of paper and put on top of your head and it it would be a "bonnet", then imagine it going down through you; or as it is seen in sci-fi movies, like a scanner passing up and down your head). Repeat this yo-yo movement till you start to feel dizzy, the separation will start to happen.

The trick, as in new, is to be mentally calm and shut and just to feel the energy sheet up and down, so you feel its passing through your head.

I've even felt nausea occasionally, but it's a bit weird it to happen.

David Warner

I've never felt nausea or difficulty breathing during the trance / vibrational state. At times, after the vibrations start to go away and I immediately wake up, I can still feel the ackwardness between the two bodies realigning.

never a less, cool technique Andonitxo.

tvos
InvisibleLight - Book Release 12.12.2012
www.invisiblelight.us

FallenUnderDreams

New to the site, thought I'd share my style.

I have never been able to get out, but twice I have opened my eyes while in trance state I guess?? im not sure. The first time was my Tv was right in front of me when I opened my eyes and the picture was just snowy but i could see the tv set clearly.  Opened and closed my eyes and the same image appeared then i realized I had to be in trance.  Second time was laying in bed I opened my eyes and saw the sky.  As though the roof had been completely ripped off of the house, blue sky white clouds, double looked again and then lost it.  Not sure if those 2 qualify as being the start of an OBE or Lucid Dream?? Any Insight??

The method I started recently using has been similar to the one rikter mentioned on page 5.  Ive done research on a condition called tinnitus (which is where you can pick up frequencies from the air, low pitched hums or a high pitched rings.  Mine are mostly noticable with a tv on and muted.  Other times is just when im laying silent they come and go in different pitches.  I like the tv the best because its consistant and puts out a high frequency that I use and focus on till my mind is relaxed.  I try to pull the highest tone out of all the ones that I hear and focus on changing the pitch to as high as I can.  When I know im close to something I can feel my feet tingle.  Last night i felt my feet tingle and then my lower body went numb.  Got excited and lost it again, Each time keeps getting more and more exciting. 

matryoshka

Every now and again, throughout the course of the past decade or so, I will get a sudden impulse to begin anew with my attempts to astral project.  I have thus far never had a successful conscious exit.  I have, however, had many succesful experiments with lucid dreaming over the years.  Some of these dreams would be very lengthy and very detailed as well.  In the morning I will usually have little difficulty remembering even the most seemingly insignificant aspects of the dream.  I imagine that some of these dreams may have actually been projections?

Anyhow, recently there has been yet another upsurge in my life of astral experimentation.  About two weeks ago I had the following experience.  I "woke up" to the sound of my step father calling me.  I didn't want him to know that I was awake because I wanted to stay in bed a bit longer and was in no hurry to get up and begin raking the leaves outside!  As I lay there I heard him say quietly to my mother, "He's still sleeping".  After I heard him walk away I opened my eyes.  Everything looked as it normally does in the room that I was spending the night in.  I went to lift my arm and it felt as though I was lifting it through air as thick as honey!  My hand and arm looked as though it was in stop motion.  I could see that it was breaking up into multiple hands, one following the other as it moved.  Then suddenly I heard an extremely loud buzzing sound.  It sounded like electronic bees.  I could not locate the source of the sound.  Then I began to hear all sorts of other horrifying noises that sounded like clanking metal.

I became very excited at the prospect that I was about to have my first conscious out of body experience!  I tried rolling over and in doing so fell directly onto the floor.  The room looked as it usually does but seemed like it was full of some sort of strange energy.  I could see all sorts of string-like waves all around that seemed to be attached to me.  I crawled a short distance and then lay flat on my back.  I didn't look back at the couch in order to verify that I was out of my body.  My assumption was that I had simply fallen onto the floor physically.  As I lay there attempting to project, I suddenly heard a strange loud noise like clapping.  The sound startled me into waking up and I found that I was still on the couch!  Terrified!  Words cannot describe the sheer terror that I was feeling at this time.  I was certain that anything could happen at any moment and the laws of physics and reason would no longer remain firmly in place!

What happened?

Ssilent

one technique i use is simply trying to go to sleep in a position I hate and wouldn't want to go to sleep in to get into paralysis.  once im paralyzed and aware i then try to astral project.  Problem is that everytime i feel the vibrations and actually start leaving, I get nervous and say ok thats enough, stop.  The next time I try, I will  go through with it and then record my experiences.  My worst position is lying on my stomach, works like a charm.  Hopes this helps anyone

Woah

Quote from: Ssilent on November 14, 2006, 01:45:31
one technique i use is simply trying to go to sleep in a position I hate and wouldn't want to go to sleep in to get into paralysis.  once im paralyzed and aware i then try to astral project.  Problem is that everytime i feel the vibrations and actually start leaving, I get nervous and say ok thats enough, stop.  The next time I try, I will  go through with it and then record my experiences.  My worst position is lying on my stomach, works like a charm.  Hopes this helps anyone

Very interesting. Do you get sleep paralysis sometimes anyway, without sleeping in an uncomfortable position? I'm asking because I don't, so I was just wondering if it would still work for me, even though I don't have sleep paralysis in a regular position.

Dragon #103

Quote from: Cowboy on September 08, 2005, 23:09:15
...I'm not just talking a little tired but to the point that one would put considerable conscious effort in not falling asleep on the spot. You'll know you're at this point when you move your astral limb and your body limb soon follows as if attached by rubber bands. From what I understand, your astral form and physical form is supposed to occupy the same time and space. When you reach the prime time point they're slightly off from each other. Almost like a bad trace drawing laid offset over the original drawing if that makes sense to you...

Hmm, I have been wondering something: Does this mean that people like quadrapeligics who are physically paralized all the time can easily exit their body without having to be in a trance?
Drifting out to the sea of afterlives, unsure of where the waves will take me.

Dragon #103

This is moreso a technique to induce a trance than for projecting.

This is just from my experience, but whenever I try to sleep durring the daytime, or when there is a very bright light in the room, there is a hugely greater chance that I'll find myself in a concious trance. I slept with my light on in my bedroom until I was around 11, and so I've found myself paralized too many times to count. In fact, every time I find myself paralized, I can see the room around me. Maybe the light causes my eyes to open, or its the third eye. Unfortunately, now that I sleep with almost no light in the room, (which I might change) I never experience wake paralysis unless I am reminded of somehting I need to do before I sleep.
I think the light stimulates a chain reaction in the brain which might be why I can bring myself into alertness while asleep. It's just a theory.

Try going to sleep with the light on tonight, and I think that if you fall asleep the light will eventually irritate you enough to wake you up ever so slightly to bring you into a trance, where you can then OBE.

Dragon #103

Hmm, I tried it. I turned on two lights, and one was a lamp which I shined directly in my face. It didn't work -- it took me an hour and a half to fall asleep, and when I did wake up, the light was so annoying that it woke me up almost instantly, not allowing a transition for wake paralysis.

I think the key is to have the correct level of brightness in the room, or "annoyance" to allow slow waking, but enough to keep yourself from sleeping through it.

astral_neophyte

Quote from: Dragon #103 on December 29, 2006, 18:55:58
Hmm, I have been wondering something: Does this mean that people like quadrapeligics who are physically paralized all the time can easily exit their body without having to be in a trance?

That's a great question, I'd like to know the answer to that myself!

lily moonsong

Quote from: Kodemaster on June 09, 2005, 19:09:50
Hello gang,

I have started this post so that we can have everyone's personal techniques all in one spot. Post what works for you and share it with the rest of the community. :)

Jen

Chant this mantra while in a lucid dream according to jonathan nassaw, to have an obe or 10 simultaneous dreams that possibly will be shared with people you know:

Gaom-Raom-Om-bour-bu-mama-papa

avocado

BRIEF MIND PROJECTION

This technique revolves around the basic idea of a spontaneous projection. Throughout the night, as the sleep cycles end and repeat themselves there is a brief moment of consciousness which nearly resembles that during waking life. With enough subconscious enforcement, the mind can learn to take advantage of this state. If you can build the intention of out of body travel strong enough within your subconscious, your mind can take focus during the brief moment in between sleep cycles. Your body will already be relaxed and at the border of deep trance and the exit can happen within seconds of this realisation.

Clinton

I use a simple technique that requires no stilling of the mind or visualization (too lazy for that)

All I do is focus my attention on a highpitch whistle in my head, as time goes by it becomes louder (no effort)

I relax, stare at my innervision and contemplate on how safe I'll be and what it is I want to do, or where I'd like to go.

After a while I can sense my physicall body falling asleep, I start to buzz... (what a rush)

A lifelike picture forms, it becomes bigger and pop, I'm there. I do a lot of space flying.

I normally ask my Divine Mother or Father to take me where I need to be, I then do my superman thingy (transporter with me)   

I chat to my guide, whenever she feels like responding to my call (once I caught her sunbathing)
"where are we, are we there yet?"

wow_nonamesleft

My technique:  :|
*Sorry if this is a repost in any way, lol, thread is thick and I'm lazy.
This is for getting into the "process" of going to have a projection.
1.Have a afternoon nap!
-works almost 90% for me to get into the "process", success rate not so good, im new but.. point is it pretty much like your on "preheat", like a oven basically your ready for whatever...if you follow what I am saying.... :?
-anytime during the day, maybe its 12 or maybe its 6
2. Usually when I wake up, I dont move at all, or get excited. I just focus on being paralyzed or feeling that way, in a way going back to sleep(which also sometimes works anyways), other methods work like not even focusing on anything, I'm sure your own ideas will work here also. 
*The rest is kind of blah blah
3. Usually once I do I'll hear the cool/scary noises, which pretty much sends me to the vibration state...
4. once you get there I guess your set to exit, but make sure the vibrations are fairly strong, if not focus on increasing it.

requires a good amount of time, at most 1-3 hours free time, so its for you kids like me or weekends with not much to do. Although i usually go to bed late, and somewhat tired in the first place, I sleep some times for about 6 hours at nighttime. Also naps are good before you go to a party  :evil: , Team Rowdy, woooooooo. :lol:

MW

Quote from: Clinton on March 31, 2007, 10:12:32
I use a simple technique that requires no stilling of the mind or visualization (too lazy for that)

All I do is focus my attention on a highpitch whistle in my head, as time goes by it becomes louder (no effort)

I relax, stare at my innervision and contemplate on how safe I'll be and what it is I want to do, or where I'd like to go.

After a while I can sense my physicall body falling asleep, I start to buzz... (what a rush)

A lifelike picture forms, it becomes bigger and pop, I'm there. I do a lot of space flying.

I normally ask my Divine Mother or Father to take me where I need to be, I then do my superman thingy (transporter with me)   

I chat to my guide, whenever she feels like responding to my call (once I caught her sunbathing)

This sounds like you have a good method, relaxation is the key anyway. and you caught your guide sunbathing - thats great haha!

astral_neophyte

Quote from: lily moonsong on January 18, 2007, 12:44:20
Chant this mantra while in a lucid dream according to jonathan nassaw, to have an obe or 10 simultaneous dreams that possibly will be shared with people you know:

Gaom-Raom-Om-bour-bu-mama-papa

Would love to have an audio clip of this being done correctly...can never "read" these things the way they are supposed to be spoken....

LittleJoe

This is what I use to get to the hypnogagic state quickly, so I suppose it would come in handy when using the phasing technique.

I lay down on my bed, and look at my ceiling. I start breathing very slow and very deep, as soon as I am accustomed to the slower breathing, I start to breath in six seconds, hold it for six second, and then breath out for six seconds. I didn't pay much attention to breathing exercises stated by others though, because I just tried to find the most comfortable for me, and it works way better.

Remember holding your breath too long for comfort can be damaging, so it can be anywhere from three to six (or even more if you like).

As I am doing that (still looking at the ceiling in my dim lit room) my sight starts to fade out of focus, and eventually my eyes will want to close. As soon as I feel that, I close my eyes and stop my breathing exercises, but continue to breath slowly, and I continue to breath 'manually'. Which means you have to really feel the breath entering and leaving your lungs.

I then shift my focus to my body, and make it feel like it is getting heavier every second. I can actually feel it getting heavier. When I feel that I've reached the max (can't feel any heavier), I take the focus away from my body, and I notice I can now barely feel it.

This is when I attempt to see if I can float. I heard a lot of people talk about a technique, where you had to feel yourself above your body. I don't know about other people, but this was a near impossible task in the beginning. Sounds familiar? This is how I solved it.

I start knowing (yes knowing, don't attempt and don't visualize, know) that when I breath in, I go upwards, and when I breath out, I go downwards. Now you shouldn't think about how many inches you should go up or down, just know you will feel it. After a few breaths you will feel a slight movement. Keep at it, and before long you will feel yourself go upwards and downwards with every breath.

When you feel your 'movement' is steady, know that you every time you go a little higher. For example you rise 10 inches and go down 8 inches. You will then feel that indeed the downward movement will be a little shorter. When that is steady as well, feel that with every breath you are getting further out of your body. Remember, all the time you have to pay attention to your breathing, breath manually!

I can't say it will work well for others, but it has reduced the time it takes me to reach the hypnogagic state by 20 minutes!

Beyond this I cannot help, as I have yet to have my first OOBE. Good luck.

Lastly a short list to make it easier:

- Lay down eyes open, breath slowly.

- Once accustomed to the breathing, start breathing exercises that work well for you. Breath in X seconds, hold breath X seconds, breath out X seconds. See what works well for you.

- Once relaxed close your eyes, keep breathing manually, slowly and deep.

- Focus on your body, feel it getting heavy, to the point where you can't get it any heavier. Go slowly.

- Take focus away from your body. Know that with every inhale you go up, and with every exhale you go down. Nothing else should be on your mind. I found that if you say "rise up" "float down" to yourself, it's easier to not get distracted.

- When you've got a steady motion, know that you go up a little further then you come down. You should feel that the down motion is slightly shorter.

- When you feel that steady as well, now know that you are getting a little further away from your body with every breath. Nothing should distract you. I find myself thinking for instance "If I float up any further I'm at the ceiling" and thoughts like that. Try to keep them out, we don't have to mind the ceiling where we are heading (or walls for that matter :-D).

- Keep doing the previous step, and you will reach the hypnogagic state fast. I'm still figuring out what to do after that myself.

greggkroodsma

Quote from: french_hustler on June 09, 2005, 22:03:52
Since no one replied... I'm gonna start it :)
Keep in mind that I am still trying to get out (it's been a yr now).

I start by laying down in my bed on my back.  I look at the ceiling for about 10 minutes.  I concentrate on the radom thoughts that are coming in my head.  After 10 minutes, I close my eyes and I get all thoughts out of my head.  i imagine my self falling in the dark.  I keep falling and falling.  eventualy the vibes hit and I imagine my self grabbing a rope on top of my bed and pulling....

So yeah, I use the rope technique to get out.

You mean, you have to have a technique?  Ah man!
That rope technique sound good.
Seriously, I have tried that before and it did work.  But, it has gotten to the point that I don't need a technique.  I guess what led me to that point is trying different things.  The most successful is visioning myself as a surfer in Hawaii and everything around me is waves.  I don't even have to close my eyes and it happens quicker if I don't.  I just cannot be looking at anything until I'm on the wave.  Then when I get on the wave and I stand up on the surfboard and I rise above everything.  I don't know that it is actually true that when you do that you can appear to somebody else; I haven't got that power.  But, what I do is go anywhere that I have seen and it is in my memory. 
Now, a split-second way that I do 'go out' is just step out the back of my head and shoot straight up and go where I do.  What I do is study Google earth maps on my computer and that gives me a memory reference.  Of course, it helps if you have been living in the same city for about 42 years or more.

KuraiTenshi

The way i get to the astral plain, is i start with a simple meditation. I just close my eyes and close my third eye, so i don't see any energies. After i completed that i focus a small blue spot of energy in the middle of my forehead. After I've done that i release my spirit from my body and go through that blue spot. As I go through it, i enter astral.

Oh one other thing, I am actually from the astral plain ^^.

NameHere

What i do to get the closet I have ever been to an OBE is that before i start i stand
In the place that i would like to start of at.. i stand there for a 1-3 minutes and see how it feels
to stand there. i Then go sit/lay down some where else. i Than close my eye and Do a Breathing
meditaion(inhale through the nose, exhale through the mouth). After that i Imagine(feel like type of imagining) i can Inhale and exhale thoughout my body. After all of that you should feel Totally relaxed 8-).
I dnt get Vibes so i cant tell you what to do if you get them(only time i had Them was when i go to the Dentist and i am given laughing gas[that was when i had my first ever OBE] and those vibes hurted kinda :cry:). Your entire body should be numb except for your chest(because of your breahting) and head. i than try to get the felling of gravity when you stand up and imagine your start off Place. If you try hard enough you should be able to transfer to the Start off area(Iv gotten there many times but get excited and mess up). when you get to the astral body you may not have sight, so you may have will your astral sight to happen if successful then you have done it! :-D
{Insert Signiture here} :-D

Colden

I noticed when I meditate I put to much effort into trying to project and would fail 90% of the time. So I just lay down and watch the show behind my eyes. I don't try to quiet my mind at all. I lay there without moving and my body feel extremely heavy. After about 30 minutes I get intense vibrations and hold on to them until they are no longer comfortable and then just sit up out of bed. My vibrations always start in my hands and I hear hemi-sync sound a lot of the time as well.
"the lower, earthly human being and the upper, mystical human being, in which the Godhead is manifested as shape, belong together and are unthinkable without one another."

akadrase

Quote from: knightlight on June 15, 2005, 16:04:10
not sure where I read it but I used something that was very useful last night.  I wrote a C on my right index finger and every time I would wake up or think to look at it I would.  I had 3 obes last night.  It worked so well I think I will do it tonight as well.

im new to the forum, and i was interested in that ''c'' method, but the link doesnt work, could i get more info?

thanks in advance

CFTraveler

Quote from: akadrase on July 25, 2008, 22:39:12

im new to the forum, and i was interested in that ''c'' method, but the link doesnt work, could i get more info?
thanks in advance

It's a reality check.  The theory is, write on your hand, go to sleep, and when you wake into the dream, look at your hand.  If the c's not there, you know you're dreaming, and you can then change or escape the dream.
Of course, you have to remind yourself to check on your hand, preferably do it during the day to get used to it, in the hopes that you'll continue doing it with your dreaming mind.