News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Validation thread!

Previous topic - Next topic

Selski

Quote from: TalaNay on February 09, 2007, 13:09:16
I have a certain object on my desk to the right of my computer screen, it has not left the spot for over five years.. what it is?

I also have a certain object on my desk to the right of my computer screen.

Is your object the same as mine?

A mouse on a mousemat?

:-D

Sarah

P.S.  Sorry, couldn't resist - I still haven't managed to remember *this thread* whilst out and about.
We all find nonsenses to believe in; it's part of being alive.

kiwibonga

This morning I dreamt that I was with my parents in a house I didn't know, and the house had webcams in every room. When I woke up, I went on the computer and saw that my mom had tried to start a video conversation on MSN while I was asleep.

I went to a friend's house to do a school project... While we were working, I noticed that her webcam's "record" light was on. I don't know if she was recording us or what... Webcams don't usually have their light on unless they're recording... Maybe it was just the "on" light and I was being paranoid :p

Webcams, webcams, webcams. :O
OBE counter: Lost track! 35+ since 3/21/2006

catmeow

kiwibonga - that's interesting.  If your dream had followed the incidents you mentioned, rather than preceding them, no professional psychologist, psychiatrist etc would have any difficultly whatsoever in inferring a causal relationship between the two; ie the dream was probably caused by the webcam incidents.  However, since the sequence was in fact reversed (dream preceded incidents) I suspect that the same professionals would suddenly develop a mental block when inferring the same relationship.  I think your dream may have been some form of ESP.  It's quite possible.
The bad news is there's no key to the Universe. The good news is it's not locked. - Swami Beyondananda

Nay

Quote from: Selski on March 09, 2007, 15:16:09
I also have a certain object on my desk to the right of my computer screen.

Is your object the same as mine?

A mouse on a mousemat?

:-D

Sarah

P.S.  Sorry, couldn't resist - I still haven't managed to remember *this thread* whilst out and about.

:lol:  Nope, that isn't it.  Shall I end the pain and just tell? :-D

Paola

I had one, where i find myself in a paddock above my house, i live in a rural valley, i look to the left and see an earthquake coming towards me in a straight line and white multistory buildings crashing down. I look forward and see the mountain in front mudsliding into the river below.

I turn on the news the next day and see that pakistan has had a massive earthquake, killed 40,000 and same day guatamala had a mudslide, buried a town of 1000.

The buildings in pakistan were the same.

Anyone heard or know anything about the schummans resonance? I thought it might have something to do with it.

kiwibonga

Quote from: TalaNay on March 13, 2007, 16:40:29
:lol:  Nope, that isn't it.  Shall I end the pain and just tell? :-D

Nononono!! I still want a shot at it! :P

kiwibonga

Haha, I just had a weird projection... My trying-to-project body was elastic, I could move away from the physical but my legs stayed attached to the body, it looked like I was pulling apart a piece of chewed gum, my body was desintegrating!

As I was pulling away, I said "no! no! Let me go out! Damn! I need to see the desk! Show me the desk! TalaNay's desk!"

And I went into dream world as soon as I said that... Had two huge dreams, but I didn't get to see your desk :p I did find myself in a place I had never seen before... A big room with blue walls and white tiles on the floor... then I went into a living room with wooden walls, a large fireplace, a white, square rug in the center, a really large TV with two large speaker tower-things on either side, a bunch of boxes with anime characters on them containing two VHS tapes each... Then I was in this town where I noticed all the street signs were deep red with white text... Suburbian trains passed by right in the middle of the city, just under street level but still exposed to sunlight... I had a job in that dream, even had a girlfriend. Shouldn't have woken up! Lol!

Nay

Now this is interesting indeed!

First of all, I do have a family room that has wood paneling and a average sized fireplace, though it does have a rather large mantle. No white rug.  My kitchen has white linoleum but we are in the process of laying down a beautiful bleach wood flooring...it's looks really nice so far. :)

Upstairs where my computer desk is, I have a 36" tv which does have two large speakers on each side of it.  I'd say you were wondering about my house by the looks of it!  :-D 

I'm not sure about the last part of your post.  Sounds like you were somewhere else at that point because non of that sounds familiar and not to mention, I would not allow that anime in my home. :lol:  No offense you anime fans out there.  To each his own.

Anyhoo Kiwi, that was a fantastic job!  but it goes to show that it's damn near impossible to just pop around looking in on people and get a totally accurate visual.  Now I wish there was something I could give ya...well, besides a karma point...lol   Well done!

Keep trying folks!

kiwibonga

Would you happen to have pictures of the inside of your house? I'm interested in seeing if the TV and fireplace look anything like the dream! (they were clearly in the same room over there though :p)

Blackstream

Hey, an idea Nay.  What if you took a picture of a decent size chunk of an unrelated part of your room?  Then people could focus on that and try to project there, then find your desk and the object.  It might help, I dunno, I've got no OBE skills yet so I can't say for sure one way or another if that'd help.  I'm still trying to recover my lost lucid dream skills so I'm afraid I won't be of any personal help.

EDIT:
I swear I started this post before the above post was made.  Rather good timing on my part >_>
There is no spoon

Nay

I'll look around to see if I have any pictures of my room, give me a day or two and if not, I just might have to hook up the webcam again and take some pictures that way.  Good idea, both of you. :)

avocado

Is it a turtle sculpture, made of some sort of rock?  :|

kiwibonga

TalaNay, pics pics pics pics!! :P

Nay

lol, sorry kiwi, I've been busy but here is a picture of my tv.  It's not a great one but those are the speakers that run up both sides of the screen.  I'll take a different picture of my room as soon as I clean off all the clothes laying on the chair.. :lol:

Hmm..ok, that is a crappy picture but the best I can do right now until I have time to mess with the quality.   We got a new computer and I think the webcam is still configured for the crappy computer. :)

Avocado.  No, I'm sorry no sculpture.  :(

MisterJingo

Quote from: TalaNay on March 21, 2007, 06:35:58
lol, sorry kiwi, I've been busy but here is a picture of my tv.  It's not a great one but those are the speakers that run up both sides of the screen.  I'll take a different picture of my room as soon as I clean off all the clothes laying on the chair.. :lol:

Hmm..ok, that is a crappy picture but the best I can do right now until I have time to mess with the quality.   We got a new computer and I think the webcam is still configured for the crappy computer. :)

Avocado.  No, I'm sorry no sculpture.  :(

SG-SG1? :p

Nay

LOL.. no, I was watching You've got mail the other day when I took the picture. :)  Meg Ryan is on that SG show?

P.S.  I just got an idea for a game for everyone.. name that show.. :lol:

MisterJingo

The screen shot wasn't too clear and the woman looked very much like:

who is a main character in SG1 :)

Nay

Oh yeah, they do look a lot alike!  Sorry bout the picture quality, I am going to look into. 

kiwibonga

Well, unfortunately the TV didn't look like that :p The size and shape were similar, but the screen was completely flat (level with the frame, not convex), and the two tower speakers were not attached to it, they were part of a surround system, separate... Symbolically speaking, I guess it's somewhat accurate (though a large TV with two speakers on either side isn't exactly a rare sight :p).

Anyway, new ""validation"" ; I dreamt that I lived with my parents and we were very poor. It was christmas morning. They had saved money for a full year to buy me a moped, it was all crummy with the paint chipping off, looked like it was about 20 years old. They apologized, saying that this was the best they could buy with one year worth of savings. I was deeply moved by the gesture, even though I didn't want or need a moped. I took it for a spin, and after a few minutes on the road, the brakes stopped responding. I tried to brake with my feet, but I crashed into the back of a bus. I was fine, the moped was in pieces though!

Well, today my mom shot me an email, she was thinking about going on a family trip to Hawaii for christmas, and that would be our christmas gift. Extremely expensive, and not really something I'd want to have. I mean, I wouldn't mind going to Hawaii with friends or a special someone... But with my parents... I don't know, I guess I'm not much of a 'family vacation' type :p Over $2000 per person on average if you count all the expenses... I'd feel guilty making them spend the year's savings for something I'm not really interested in. About as guilty as I felt in the dream when they spent all they had to buy me a broken moped.

catmeow

kiwibonga - sounds like a good validation to me....  :-)
The bad news is there's no key to the Universe. The good news is it's not locked. - Swami Beyondananda

Mendel

My experiments and subsequent "validations" from 2005 are posted here:
http://www.mysticalexplorer.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=2

TalaNay: I didn't make it to your room in my projection last night, but I was thinking about
your experiment and noticed a light blue object on my brother's dresser. It had five connected vertical
open cylinders and little symbols of animals on it. It almost seem to sparkle as though it were made
from glass.

-mike

catmeow

Mike, thanks for the list of validations.  I particularly liked the "chicken soup" one!  :-)

MilitiaMan

Hey, I've been watching these forums for awhile, without posting. I finally had an experience worth sharing, so here goes:

(a bit of background on my AP/OBE experience)
I have only left body consciously 4 times, each one progressively longer, and more interesting.

I have studied AP/OBE's for close to a year now, and have worked on it for about 6 months now.

Just a few days ago, I was dreaming about being out of body (i am very sure it was a dream, but maybe i am mistaken) and flying around at work, messing with people because I hate my job. I work with a certain girl who I had a relationship with back 4 months ago. Suddenly my dream faded completely and I was in Focus 10 (mind awake-body asleep). There were no visuals, but I heard her voice softly saying something. I couldnt quite make it out at first, but as i focused it became louder.

She said: "Trevor, I just had a very strange dream about you. I want to tell you about it, but I don't know what's going on right now."

She sounded very confused. Now, this was a first for me, and I was a bit shocked. I stopped doing drugs a long time ago, and there was absolutely no reason for me to be going insane and hearing voices.  :-)

Needless to say, I phoned her up that day:

me: "Hey, did you have a weird dream last night?"
her: *shocked gasp* "umm... yea, why?"
me: "Well, this is going to sound pretty crazy, but you talked to me last night"
"you mean like... i called you in my sleep?"
"no... you talked to me through our dreams"
*silence for awhile* "Trevor, I don't know what to say, but here's my dream: (insert absolutely meaningless, but very strange dream that included me here) "
me: "yea that's a weird dream alright, you said you had no idea what was going on, are you sure nothing else happened?"
*silence* "yea I don't think anything else happened"
"ok, see ya at work!"

So, she talked to me in dream, but I believe she may have either been out of body and extremely confused, or just lucid and confused. She is not into dreams or OBE's at all, and mocks me for believing it all the time, so that would explain the confusion.

What do you all think?

AndrewTheSinger

Nay, the object you have there is a:  vase.

Heard it/thought it up while in a semi-trance, there was something else to it but I accidentally interrupted the flow after receiving 'vase', maybe chinese vase?

Have a good feeling about this one...
Where does this silence come from?

The untold past of the Earth: http://hiddenhistory.awardspace.com

Nay

This is interesting.  A couple of people have been seeing objects down in my family room, which is  directly below our bedroom. :)  And what is even more interesting is where my computer desk is located, is pretty much directly above where the vase is and it is a small beautiful chinese vase.

I have a feeling no matter how much I say it's ok to have a bunch of people floating around in my very private bedroom area... I don't think I really want it to happen. :-D  Not to mention every night I do the same protection routine.  The family room is more comfortable and I'm going to pick an object down there instead. Give me a day to really focus on it and whatnot and start again.  I think this is going to be good. :)

Oh and btw the object on my desk was a plastic easter cup, filled with pens and pencils.