AR - Alternate Realities / AP - Astral Projection

Previous topic - Next topic

Nameless

I have something I would like to talk about and I hope this okay. We'll see.

First let me say I love it here at Astral Pulse. The members here have seriously helped me arrange my thoughts and forge ahead into the unknown. I'll never be a brainiac or be able to remember quotes or who said them accurately enough to discuss the greats in this field. But I do have a lot of experience and not just in ap. And I like to think and connect the dots, hey that's gotta count for something.

So here is my something. This forum seems to only be interested in ap, oobe and phasing. What's with that? Aren't we talking about alternate realities? Astral projection is just that - alternate reality. So where is the rest of the conversation? I know I've seen post talking about demons, aliens, angels and so forth in the astral and most of those post are pretty old but we are obviously missing the boat here.

Why aren't we talking about all the alternate reality stuffs? I mean things like Big Foot, Crop Circles (the real ones), doorways into alternate realities, time slips, and all the myriad strange and wonderful things that make up this world. Seems to me we have at least two very real realities here, physical and alternate. And wouldn't many of these such as those listed above fall under projection? Think about it. -- Some guy is walking along in the forest passes through some kind of veil, meets a cryptid or an alien, has an incredible experience and wakes up miles away days later. (now that is just an example) I would say that fellow definitely had some sort of alternate reality experience that very well may include a bit of astral projection on a profound level.

And yes, of course I realize there are hoaxes and phonies out there. But we don't need to debate that or the validity of any of these. This forum by its very nature attracts people who have some form of strange in their lives in one way or another so lets talk about these things and don't just mean ghosts and haints and demons of the dark. There are just so many experiences out there that include astral projection on some level I feel we should encourage such talk.

Anyway that's just my thoughts.
Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.

Xanth

I guess it's a limitation when people see the world "Astral" in "The Astral Pulse".  hehe

There's nothing stopping anyone from posting questions or starting discussions on those other topics.
We do have a wide variety of subforums here.  :)

LightBeam

I love all these topics and I have posted my alien and ghost encounters, which were not through AP. I perceived them here in this reality with my physical senses. There is so much around us that we just cant perceive unfortunately, but this highly fascinates me. In fact, my favorite movies are the fantasy labeled, only I believe that nothing is a fantasy :). Not many people though experience these types of events here in the physical because of the limitation of our physical senses, so the validity is questionable and there are many skeptics. I also like to watch documentaries about string theory, parallel universes, alternate realities. I found many in youtube, actually made by scientists and presented through a scientific point of view, many based on quantum physics. Dr.Michio Kaku is one of the physicists that is trying to explain much of it. I love his documentaries, they have aired on the science channel, but you can find them on youtube. We can start topics, but I don't know how may people will participate in the discussion. We can give it a try. Pick the first topic, Nameless :)
"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem."
Captain Jack Sparrow

Nameless

Glad you've noticed it too Xanth. I guess the title sort of makes people think that if it doesn't involve ap in a direct way then it doesn't belong. I just think many of these experiences do involve ap even if on weird level.

I'm hoping this will give a bit of umph to the forum LightBeam and maybe liven things up a bit. I also appreciate Kaku and watch those channels when I can which isn't often. I've always been a sci-fi and fantasy fan but it's ironic that I never associated any of that to my own personal experiences. Talk about unconscious and unaware, yeah I was totally blind, lol.

What I want to do is look at the idea that many of these people who experience these sort of phenomena may actually be entering an alternate or astral reality. And I'm thinking, if true, that means we've just been scratching at the surface here. So let's get down and dirty but do I have to be the first one to start a topic, LOL? (just kidding) I'll have to see what I can come up with but if anyone else has any ideas or wants to start go for it, please! :-)
Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.

Lumaza

This is a difficult choice for me. The one thing that separated the Astral Pulse from all the other Paranormal websites and Forums out there is that the Astral Pulse showed more of a singular focus, a identity of it's own. Sure we have Sub-Forums here which focus on Metaphysics, Energy work and even the Paranormal, but truthfully I never even considered Astral Projection to be Paranormal. When I first found the Astral Pulse Forum, I went to other Forums as well. Most were focused on the Paranormal. But, they also had a sub forum on Astral Projection. The problem was, hardly ever did anyone post in them, the same way hardly anyone posts in the Metaphysics, Energy Work and Paranormal Forums here on the Astral Pulse. A few of the Forums also focused more on the negative side of things. Negs they call them and people couldn't get enough of that talk. It's still the #1 talked about thing there still today. I personally have never encountered these "Negs" and I have had countless conscious projections.

I enjoy a good Ghost/ET experience or story, but what I really liked was the professional approach the Pulse took. For some reason, I think back to the Close Encounters Movie, whereas all the witnesses are assembled in a room so they can be fed disinformation. The topic on hand was the ET sighting, but then one Country hillbilly gets up and says, "I saw Bigfoot too" and for some reason, there goes all the credibility. That's what people expect from me when I speak of Astral Travel to people I meet at my shows. They are waiting for the "here comes the crazy talk", but they never get it. I share with them briefly that it can be done and the how to's, but rarely do I share my experiences there with them. I do the same thing here, unless I really need to make a point and need to share a story as a example of what could be.

I will say one thing that I don't like though and that's the constant grouping of LDS with OBES and Phasing. Yes you "may" end up at the same place and that is said over and over again, but the Journey there is completely different. I teach people a method of Phasing into the NP "completely consciously aware" the entire time, then I read a reply from them telling me how they attempt my method while falling asleep. Yes, it can lead to a LD, but they miss the point. There is so much you learn about yourself, fear tests, patience, determination, things like that that go out the door when you attempt to have a LD. It makes you stronger. It heightens your awareness to the maximum and then more. Becoming Lucid in the Dream is hard enough as it is. Turning that into a "intended projection" is possible, but you need a lot of mental control to do that as well.

Awaking in full SP and then having to struggle through the Exit symptoms and signposts is nothing like going to sleep and awaking in a LD. The experience is impossible for most people to fathom and for that alone, should never be aligned with a LD. With Phasing, you are shifting from here to there, never losing your conscious awareness. But it takes a lot of mental discipline to consciously shift from here to there. All those lessons, all those experiences are null and void in LDS.

The Astral Pulse here has Dreaming as a Subforum and many people post their LDs there. I have no problem with that. But when I constantly read here that LDs are the exact same as OBEs and Phasing, I will always adamantly disagree with that. Anyone who says that has either #1 never had a actual OBE or Phased before or #2 is so out of touch with it, because they used to experience it, that they lack the memory or should I say "freshness" of that experience to be able to discern any difference.

I am not the only one that feels that way. I have had members recently and through the last couple of years, question me, via PMs, on that too. They have decided to stay "Mum" on this. I haven't. I send people here often to learn now. When I next speak with these people they are under the opinion that all they need to do is learn how to become aware in their Dreams. We need to find a way to "unconfuse"(if that's a word, lol) a process/topic that can get pretty confusing.

I will repeat again, that I do believe LDs occur in a non physical state of awareness. It's just the Journey of getting to that point is nothing like the experience of Phasing or having a full bells and whistles out of body experience.

I wanted to say ones last thing about those other Paranormal sites that focus on Aliens, Demons, Ghosts, etc. and that is that many people will focus on the "negative" of the event. Many of those Forums have become Demon or Zombie central. Fear sells and just like misery loves company, people love it when they find like minded people. Just look at the stats here on the Astral pulse. One of the most viewed threads is based on Masturbation and Incubus/Succubus. I don't think this Forum wants that to happen here too.

That's my say. Whether it counts for anything or not!
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

LightBeam

Quote from: Lumaza on June 28, 2018, 07:52:24
  Just look at the stats here on the Astral pulse. One of the most viewed threads is based on Masturbation and Incubus/Succubus.

hahaha, oh, our lovely human nature comes to play.

Yes, I totally agree with the distinguish between dreams, LDs and OBEs. NO comparison really between a dream, even if you become aware to a point to gain lucidity. I find that if I gain lucidity from a dream, my awareness is still not a high as if I get awaken in the middle of the night by some sort of vibes and my awareness gets fully awake, then I exit, because my body is fully asleep and that allows me a long AP without loss of awareness. AP is NOTHING like dreams, absolutely no comparison. Yes, they take place in some NP reality, but are they really they same type of realities? There are many types of NP realities, some composed of raw energy, some more established by consciousness, etc. If there was no difference, this forum would not have been created in the first place.

There is a lot of fear when comes to the supernatural, but if you replace fear with curiosity, by all means send me to the Bermuda triangle n a foggy day LOL
"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem."
Captain Jack Sparrow

Lumaza

I am glad you share my view Lightbeam. I thought I might be in for a battle creating a post like that. I enjoyed Greystraveller and many other members here from the past that stopped coming here when we began grouping LDs with OBEs and Phasing. Actually, some were adamant that OBEs themselves and Phasing were two completely different things. Those views and their opinions were a result of countless experiences that they had as well and for that I respected what they had to say.

Yes, I will definitely take curiosity over fear. Curiosity is what keeps me going back for me. It's what locks me in to a Phase session and takes me deeper.

I'll be in a boat right behind you, lol!  :-D
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

Lumaza

I wanted to add 2 more quick things.

#1, Dr. Michio Kaku is one of my favorite speakers. I listen to him often and recently in a interview he spoke of the passing of his good friend Dr. Stephen Hawking. In the conversation, he stated that not only he thinks that our civilization was once a 11th dimensional reality, but so did Stephen. He has come to this conclusion from the teachings of the Ancients and Masters. He also stated that somewhere along the line he felt that we got "dumbdowned" to the dimension that we live in today. My jaw dropped when I heard him say that. I was shocked by his incredible open mindedness, especially because of his position and earned respect in the Scientific Community.

The #2 thing I wanted to say, or should I say post here is a link to Robert Peterson's website, where he breaks down LDs and OBEs in a chart like comparison form. He doesn't include Phasing in that, but as we already know, many of the traits and characteristics of Phasing are shared with OBEs.
http://www.robertpeterson.org/obe-vs-lucid.html

Nameless

Okay, this is a lot to think about and my wheels were turning through all your posts above. I DO get what you are saying Lumaza, your post really clarifies everything you have been saying.

When I first came to this forum I was a complete newbie. At that time I called all of it dreams for 2 reasons.
1) I simply did not know what else to call them.
2) I found very early on that most people can relate to dreams but freak out and go woowoo if I tried to take it any deeper than that. So through habit I still call pretty much all exp dreams.

However I find I most definitely know the difference. Now I really need to start using the correct terms here on the forum among people who don't so much go woowoo on me.

My original aim with this post was not to go paranormal creepy like so many of those other websites. It was to take a good hard look at the experiences and see how some elements of those experiences very well may correspond to astral projection. I too want to keep this forum 'clean' and appreciate that it has not deviated into base fears and what-the-hells while at the same time allowing people to post those experiences and receive guidance. That's pretty awesome.

I'm going to end this post so I don't loose it and take up in a second post.

Nameless

I appreciate every ones well thought out and expressed input here. And just to add LB, I also want to be on that boat if all goes to hell. Could we have maybe a lighting storm and some rain as well. May as well go all out,  LOL.

I haven't checked out that link yet but am soon as I finish here. I think the reason this matters to me is due to my own personal experiences. Such as ghosts, I've had plenty of that but what I am seeing/learning is that those experiences go much deeper than just a haunting or what have you that usually gets focused on. Many of my exp include elements of the paranormal with elements of astral projection and oobes (spontaneous or otherwise) and phasing. I didn't know about those things before, didn't know about ghost either till I encounter one, lol.

It's all part and parcel of the bigger picture. I am seeing that the methods are vastly different and highly respect those members from the past who shared in this forum. I would love to see them come back. Many of the older discussions are quite interesting.

I admit I sometimes still don't know how to classify an exp. Like what LB said above

"I find that if I gain lucidity from a dream, my awareness is still not a high as if I get awaken in the middle of the night by some sort of vibes and my awareness gets fully awake, then I exit, because my body is fully asleep and that allows me a long AP without loss of awareness."

You see I have had lucid dreams and then I have had LUCID DREAMS that match the awareness I have in AP. How I got there differs and the type of exp itself is somewhat different. But the awareness and interaction is the same.

So I'm thinking the lowercase LD is what everyone is referring to. But then, what the heck is the uppercase one? As the only real similarity is that in both cases I got there from the sleep state so I can't describe a 'technique' other than the one I have described elsewhere on the forum. Set intent, go to sleep. That's it. I don't know why it's this way but I do believe I was helped in childhood along the way.

I'll quit now and let someone else jump in if they are inclined. I've decided that rather than starting another post that might be seen as jumping into the paranormal craze I'll just stick with this one. :-)

LightBeam

Here is how I understand Dreams and LDs.

1. Dream - you have no awareness that you are dreaming and when you wake up sometimes you wonder what the hell was that. Dreams have often strange scenarios, they could be symbolic. You also sometimes act in them not in a typical way as if you had awareness. Vivid dreams though still without awareness to me are still regular dreams and not Lucid Dreams. Lucidity to me equals awareness

2. LDs - If during a regular dream, all of a sudden you realize that you are dreaming, this is the moment the regular dream turns into a Lucid Dream. Usually for me, if I take over and gain a good amount of awareness and start navigating the experience, then this turns into OBE. So, I think lucid dreams are actually very short, they are the prelude from a regular dream to an OBE. If my awareness though starts fading, the OBE may turn back into a dream, or I just wake up. Usually lucidity during a dream area achieved through suggestions before bed that you will remember and remain aware in your dreams. But these suggestions need to have strong intent as you are falling asleep, not just a thought like a wishful thinking.

3. Classic OBE or AP (to me AP and OBE are the same thing, just preference of terms) - For me this is achieved by performing motion/visualization technique while falling asleep. I let myself fall asleep, but I know that I will be awaken during the night by vibes, or just my awareness will be awaken. In this case, I feel fully awake, though my body is fully asleep. When this body and brain are fully asleep, then you can stay in AP state for a long time, that's why this is my preferred way to experience the NP. So, during OBE I am fully aware that I am experiencing the N realities and that my body is asleep, but I no longer feel that I am laying down in my bed. I feel like I have gotten out of my house and have gotten far on vacation. I literally feel every time like I am on vacation LOL. As many members have expressed OBE exploration feels far more real than being in the physical world and this applies to me as well. During OBEs, I don't encounter anything scary or weird scenarios. Sometimes I decide I want to go somewhere, but sometimes I just request to be taken where I am needed. In any case these are truly fascinating experiences. Some people are satisfied to just know that there is something beyond, but I have the desire to explore it. Who wouldn't want to go on free vacations around the multiverse if they can :)

Phasing to me is the same as OBE just the method of tuning in is different. That to doesn't matter much. I can't do Phasing though, because my mind cant get relaxed enough if not sleepy to get to that deep sleepy state. If my brain is too awake, I can experience some visions, flickers, but I wouldn't feel totally out. But everyone is different. What works for some may not work for others and vice versa.

I think we should do a forum get together is some weird place and try to trigger a paranormal event hehe. If anyone is interested we can even take a cruise through the Bermuda triangle ;)
Captain Jack Sparrow

Volgerle

Lightbeam, Nameless, Lumaza,

thank you for trying to revive the (old) Pulse. It's certainly necessary because the Astral Pulse was practically and virtually flogged to death by a certain 'dogma' and some attrition also set in over time, I guess.

Honestly, I doubt that the many ones with the experience types you mention who were ousted long ago come back. However, maybe new experiencers of this and all other kinds will come here and then see that this is again a truly open-minded place at last with room for all viewpoints and experience types.

Thanks again. It feels like a breeze of fresh air now. Might just be temporary but at least s.o. tried.

:-)

Lumaza

Excellent comments all!  :-)

Well, if anything, we found a topic that we all have some passion for here. That in itself put some "pulse" back into the Astral Pulse Forums, lol.

My comments on the Paranormal portion of the this thread and conversation were created out of "foresight". The thought, "Be careful what you wish for" came through loud and clear.
I don't think those other Paranormal Forums that I spoke about thought that they would head down such a negative path as well. I am open minded, but I can't constantly entertain the thoughts of Demons and negs all the time. That in itself might actually put some harmful "expectations" or "front loading" into this practice and we already see how powerful "fear" can be.

The conversations would start innocent enough, but then the "negative" would take over and the Astral Pulse would get the identity of just another "woo woo" Forum.

We have spoke of ET experiences in the past here. But as remember, only a few members were engaged in the conversation. They were always the same members and still are the same members that are posting in this very thread here, with the exception, so far, of EV and Szaxx. I am curious to what Baro-san thinks of this as well. To tell you the truth, I have stayed on this Forum for the years I have because I enjoy sharing with other like minded individuals. I have always been trying to find people like me. People that came to this realm to "observe". Many of us here are the same. We didn't feel like we fit in, starting in our youth and still don't fit into the perceptual mold of a Human being. Many of us feel like there is some underlining purpose for us being here, other then the party of line of just coming here to reduce Entropy.
Here is an interesting comment I cam across about reducing Entropy. "the basic definition of entropy is the movement from a low state of disorganization or entropy to a higher state of disorganization. You may think that you could decrease the entropy by simply reorganizing every thing but that reorganization would require energy forming heat or light or sound, creating more entropy." I never thought of it like that, but it makes perfect sense.

Ghosts and Spirits. Our home is like Grand Central Station for Spirits. We get all kinds of "guests" passing through. I'm sure that comes with Astral practice on some level and happens to many of you as well. Being in a constant state or heightened state of awareness means that you are aware of everything around you, even things you can't see, yet definitely do feel. Empathy is part of the package as well. We don't really think like other people do and because of that, we experience this physical life in a different way. I always feel like an "observer", even when I am participating.
This same conversation is going on right now on another Forum that some of here frequent, the EIC Forum. I figured I would kill two birds with one stone by not only adding it to this current conversation, but also giving my opinion/view as well.

Last year over at the EIC Forum I created this thread " http://www.explorations-in-consciousness.com/forums/index.php?threads/is-a-spontaneous-obe-a-form-of-abduction.5586/". We had some replies, but as usual it was the same people replying. Today, it is still the same people that keep that Forum active as well. There must be more people that understand that concept and wish to join in the conversation. So, perhaps we could use that for a discussion point here as well. It's basically what gave me my real "wake up call" and got me on the path that I am currently on today. I have I found my answers. No. But I still question it, especially when I hear so many people of Radio talk shows calling in with similar experiences. I don't have all the answers. Just when I think I have something figured out pertaining to the way things operate in NP, everything changes and I am back to square one again.

I have in the past started conversations on more Paranormal experiences, but those conversations fizzled out pretty fast. Once again, the same people were active in them and there's only so much that 4 or 5 people can say. I was hoping it would draw some of the people that stay in the shadows here, open into the open. Unfortunately, that didn't occur.  :-( Like others here, I have more questions than answers!  :|

Nameless

Lots to address here. I read that linked page Lumaza but didn't totally agree. I felt more in line with what Dean Walker wrote in the replies which on a glance seems more in line with what LightBeam expressed.

I've had many common dreams. I don't even share those as other than clearing the mind they seem pointless. I agree with LB that the moment you become aware in a dream then it becomes a LD. That's what lucid means - aware. But I also see many of these as quite common, yes you're lucid but it is still just a common dream. I also see no point in sharing those as I mostly ignore them too.

It's when that lucidity takes you a few steps forward and you are no longer actually dreaming where I see the LD becoming an astral projection or oobe or turning into a remote viewing. And in this way they are all maybe not the same but much more closely related. These are the ones I describe on this forum as I think most people do. Why? Well because these are far away from surface thoughts and mundane physical life.

Beyond these as described there is only one experience that far outweighs and surpasses even those grand as they are. And that is the Spontaneous experience that is not under your control. The one where you are doing your thing whether sleeping or wide awake.

I call that "The Calling". You are called, you are going to go or see or receive information or in some way experience something whether you want to or not and it doesn't matter if you're ready. Get ready because here it is. By the time you've said "Oh excrement' it's done!

Ooo wow, until just typing that I never put it together with much of the religious teachings, you know, where you are called. Hmm moment there!

Back to what I was saying. It's this calling, these profound experiences I think that bring most people out of their shell to seek some sort of understanding. It's what happened with me and many others here.

Many people come due to simple curiosity and that's great! :-) But this Calling is a drive, a NEED to know and that's the difference in the vast experiences people have.

Nameless

Thank you Volgerle, this is what the others and I have been trying to accomplish in various ways. I feel honored having you step in and take notice.

I feel ya Lu, it's up to us to keep this forum from gong down the same old road. We need to keep it moving in a more realistic approach to understanding. We don't need to solve anything or go chasing after cryptids and ghosts. Here I think we want to look to WHY and the possible connections.

I think people have a very difficult time separating the ET exp from the world view. I won't for a minute say I have even a partial understanding. I don't, I just know what I know as do you and LB and EV and so many others. In the end it just means there truly is more to this universe than meets the eye.

Of my calling moments I have received downloads, met 'others and been in the presence of a much larger consciousness. (Collectively known to the world as Black Ops, Aliens and God). Oh Geesh!

I've no problem with talking about any of it but I do not want to get dragged into conversations about whether or not someone's exp is real. If someone tells me they've seen a ghost why not just believe them and go from there. Even if they are mistaken they still have a need to know or they wouldn't be asking.

Volgerle

Quote from: Nameless on June 29, 2018, 22:03:52
I've had many common dreams. I don't even share those as other than clearing the mind they seem pointless. I agree with LB that the moment you become aware in a dream then it becomes a LD. That's what lucid means - aware. But I also see many of these as quite common, yes you're lucid but it is still just a common dream. I also see no point in sharing those as I mostly ignore them too.

I've learnt a lot of my common (normal = unlucid) dreams over the years and had great experiences actually. Not just by learning to interpret them which can lead to great insights, but way more. If you keep a journal you can find stuff in the aftermath that makes you go :-o a lot.

So I had lots of precognitive / 'prophetic' dreams of things that really then came true.

I also have experiences and experiments with dream telepathy that were mindblowing, literally. Even had one with an awake person at the same time which I noticed afterwards. Or by sending and receiving during experiments.

Just recently I had another convincing success with 'dream remote viewing' in another forum (can post a link if s.o. is interested).

So even common dreams are very precious for me. That is why I always look forward to the night and my bed.
:wink: 8-)

Nameless

I do agree with you Volgerle, common dreams are pretty awesome in their own right. I've hesitated in posting about those here because my feeling is no one even wants to discuss those.

I'm very happy YOU just did. Many of my common dreams have been the same as you say - Prophetic and oozing telepathic communication. They tend to be very personal as well. I definitely tend to connect with real-life breathing people in them as well.

I would love to see that link!! Thank you for your input and my apologies for only now getting to respond.