News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Astral Martial Arts

Previous topic - Next topic

helen

Hello,Ides315--------------please do me a favour---------Do not ALter your words when you reply as you have said you would  do----------because you have most Definatly won me over----------YOUR PERSONALITY comes over the computer as warm and kind and a great chat-------Say what you wish------------ I know that you are unoffensive--Express your opinion------even Apologise if you wish----------WHAT-EVER YOU PLEASE, I could never enjoy computer chat if the mutual expression was not present--------also you have not offended me atall--------if anything you make me want to chatter more--------I often percieve things------- upside down-------inside out-----and Back to BLOODY front and thats with-out the aid of a computer , It is hard for me to take offence at anything as I am unsure that  I am on the right track half the time--------YOUR GREAT AND I HOPE WE COMPUTER CHAT AGAIN ---------------if not then farewell my friend and all the best -------Helen

Ides315

Hi helen.

I'll see you around, I like you to.

Take care.

kifyre

Just for people who are peeking in on this, I want to make a small correction. Robert Bruce's New Energy Ways (NEW) manual is online and free at www.astralpulse.com. The NEW material in Astral Dynamics is very similar, but actually very, very slightly less complete because only material pertaining to astral projection is included (there are a few pictures though, whereas none are found in the online manual).

Mark

Anonymous

Hello everyone-

It's been awhile since I've checked up on this topic. I've been quite busy with my music classes (all 9 of them). This topic has definitely taken off. I think I got what I needed out of it, so I'll be checking on it every now and again to see what's going on, and I'll post a reply here and there. But I think I'm done with it otherwise, unless I see something that really sparks my interest. Thanks for your advice everyone.

"For your dining pleasure, the Universe will explode after your meal."

Anonymous

It has occured to me recently that to train your regular martial arts IS to train your astral martial arts. The pain caused by a horse stance is really mental pain, not physical. The same must hold true for the astral body. So winning an astral battle is also simply a state of mind, and having confidence. "When you have confidence, you have won before you evein begin." And my teacher also told me, when I develop my qi enough, I will start to see things. He said it was hard to explain. I think he means the auras around other people. He must mean the Third Eye becomes more aware of what it is seeing. I tried the aura exercise for aura-seeing training and it worked. I saw the colors I was supposed to see.  And recently I saw my own aura, and I have confirmed that it is indeed green. I tried seeing it before but I wasn't sure if it was green or gold. But I am now sure it is green. It kept flashing purple on me though. I am going to look at it again this summer when my seasonally affected depression is gone and see if it is another color. I think I am able to see it better because of martial arts.  I feel like I am on the verge of reaching the next level of training. I can't wait.

I think when I die I will keep training.

"Everything you see or hear or experience in any way at all is specific to you. You create a universe by perceiving it, so everything in the universe you perceive is specific to you."

-Douglass Adams

"Shaolin men and women NEVER give up!"

Ides315

You are getting closer.

Anything the mind truly believes can be achieved. The more energy you put into it, the faster/more you achieve. Your training with martial arts is helping with the discipline you need. The combat part is because you know it. I have never used a real two-handed sword, or a long-bow (at least this time around), but am effective with both on the astral. As a side note, I am a decent enough marksman in real life, but  do not like using firearms in the astral.

As your awareness/ability with energy grows you are able to achieve, you are able to percieve more. Download the NEW system, and work with that. It is a excercise program for your energy. Show it to your teacher.

Best

Anonymous

Thank you for your advice. Can you give me a link to the NEW system file? I'd be glad to show my teacher and see what he thinks. I am interested to know.

"Everything you see or hear or experience in any way at all is specific to you. You create a universe by perceiving it, so everything in the universe you perceive is specific to you."

-Douglass Adams

kakkarot

there's pain caused by the horse stance? i don't recall it ever being painful.

oh well.  :) guess i'm one of the cursed ones, eh?  ;)

~kakkarot

Secret of Secrets

Ides315

Hey enderwiggin

It is in the downloads area of this site. Robert made it available for all. You should read some of the other areas, also. It may answer some questions for you. There is good stuff here, besides the forums.

Best

Anonymous

Yes, according to my teacher, in our style, the horse stance is supposed to hurt a lot when done right. Every style has a different version of the stance. All of our stances are long and/or low. My teacher expects us to be able to lay a staff across our legs when in horse stance and have it not fall. How long do you hold the stance and how low do you hold it? If you put your mind somewhere else it does not hurt. I have a hard time keeping concentration, so often I will meditate on my own to try to improve this. My goal is to increase my threshold of pain so I can hold my stances longer.

I still have yet to read PPSD and the NEW system but I'll look at it when I get the chance. It sounds interesting and is definitely someting I want to know. I will run it by my teacher if he has the time to talk about it.

-Douglass Adams

kakkarot

ah! well that sheds some light on my silliness  :)  . i don't go anywhere near as low. and i don't do it that often either.  :) lucky me eh?

i don't even try to make my body learn how to develop someone else's style (even if it is a widely used style, like karate), so i developed my own style based on my own body.

~kakkarot

Secret of Secrets

Anonymous

Hi Kakkarot-

That's interesting that you have made your own style. I do not know many who have. Good luck to you.

Northern Shaolin goes lower than almost all the other styles out there. The low, painful stances are essential to the development of qi. When holding the stance, it starts hurting, and you put your mind into that part of your body (where the mind goes, the qi will follow), and doing this can raise your threshold of pain as I have stated earlier. The objective is to endure the pain for as long as possible. After awhile, the pain will stop increasing and it will stay at one level. What's interesting to observe is that on some days you are able to use your qi well and on other days you have trouble activating it, and the pain of the stances varies between those days. I have been told you lose qi in the cold. Even when you can't feel it, the cold takes your qi. I didn't know this until a few weeks ago. It's an interesting observation. Well I must get some x-mas shopping done now. Hope to hear from you soon.

-Douglass Adams

kakkarot

cold doesn't take away my energy. i love the cold, and i find it easier to both use and absorb energy in the cold. for some, i am sure that cold temperatures do have that effect, but for me it is hot temperatures that have that effect.

~kakkarot

Secret of Secrets

Anonymous

When it all comes down to it, what IS martial arts? It's a method and/or philosophy of learning about how your body works and the energies in your body and how to control them both in order to carry out a specific set of actions, right? Obviously there's more to it than that, but that's the basic idea I think. So what is your astral body? It is energy and ethereal matter. Learning about your astral body and how it utilizes energy are the first steps to using martial arts on the astral plane. I think the imagination and emotions play a huge part in combat on the Plane(s). I think energy development and spiritual enlightenment will mnake a person so much better both in the physical world and on the astral plane. I've decided to take up reiki so I can learn more about stuff in general. I think martial arts is a good base for learning about many things. It seems to be based on spiritual understanding about oneself. What is the ultimate goal of any martial artist? Mine is to come to a high level of understanding of myself, my role in the Universe, and how everything works, and to keep learning and reaching higher and higher levels of understanding. I wonder if there is a highest level, a supreme level of understanding. I think that level is God, and I think eventually we all become components that make up God, if we choose to serve the positive forces of the Universe. Just like the cells in our bodies make up us.

If you're going through Hell, keep going.   -Winston Churchill

They may take our lives but they shall never take our freedom!!!! -Braveheart

Ooh, a sarcasm detector. Well isn't THAT useful! -Simpsons

kakkarot

actually, the martial arts are the arts of war (martial means "war"). so the goal of a martial artist is really just to learn how to wage war in the most effective and more efficient manner possible.

the orientals, of course, kept themselves in line by studying the war alongside other forms of art such as painting and dancing, and alongside their spiritual ideas too.

as to us making up god: unfortunately, not to many people can give themselves up to even one other person so completely as to be considered a part of that person. to give oneself up to an entire population is beyond most humans. nice idea, but then so is the idea of peace and good will towards all men, including the one that beat up your wife?

~kakkarot

Secret of Secrets

Ides315

Hey , enderwiggin

Very good conclusions on God.

kakkarot, ever here about two wrongs? Just curious bud. I have been where you are, and as you know have had greater motivation towards violence than you have known. There are better alternatives, and in the long run more satisfying. Not saying that the need for confrontation does not happen, but it can be rerouted. Fighting is generally done because of emotion, instead of common sense.

kakkarot

i'm confused ides. did you think i was trying to say that violence is good?

~kakkarot

Secret of Secrets

Ides315

Hey kakkarot

I think you are too quick to jump to violence as the answer, and that there is a "line" that you have mentally where if something happens that crosses it, the answer will be violence.

Best

Anonymous

If anybody touched my wife or girlfriend (if I had one) without her permission or beat her up, I'd have so many guys out to hunt that person down like white on rice. I'm not violent but as a martial artist I believe that if the other guy throws the first punch at me or a member of my family or my friends, There's gonna be some mad sh*& goin' down. I would obviously warn then if it was me they were attacking and try to get out of the fight but family and friends are different. I've got their backs and I stand my ground. People should know not to mess with martial artists. We're not out to get people, but we know damn well how to defend ourselves and we will if we have to.

Anonymous

I know it's not nice to respond to violence with violence, but if you are too soft, it's going to happen again. Ever read Ender's Game? This bully and all his friends picks on him in school, so he viciously attacks the bully to make sure the friends don't hurt him. The bully ends up in the hospital. He knew if he didn't take out the bully, he'd have to face each of the friends every day. Actions speak louder than words, as they say. I think a person beating up your wife justifies you taking action and letting them know that you're not going to stand for that. What would you do, Ides?

Ides315

Hey enderwiggin.

Why not let them beat themselves up?

What if there are more things motivating the person in question than themselves?

What if attacking them back is the response they are looking for?

What if there where things in place ot strengthen them every time you attacked them?

If one does not know everything about a given situation, to engage in combat is to leave your self open for ambush. Obviously we are not talking a street punk, here, but there is a lot more to life than first glance and reaction can deal with. Food for thought.

Best

Anonymous

Ides, I suppose you're right. If one does not know everything about a situation, making a move is not the wisest thing to do. However, if someone I knew were being attacked in my presence, I would act to neutralize the attacker. Why would anyone want to do something like that anyway? Maybe Kakkarot can shed some light on the subject. I think the first thing I would do is tell my kung fu teacher what happened. He'd probably get people to find out about this for me, then he'd find a way to stop them from doing it to anyone else. Since he's actually had knives and guns pulled on him by complete psychos he knows how to deal with situations like these. Number one rule in combat of any kind: remain calm. Yeah, I would tell my kung fu teacher and my kung fu brothers, and we would stick together. We're all for one and one for all. We would find out more about this individual or group and put a stop to them however is necessary.

Ides315

Hey, enderwiggin.

That is more how I think. Neutralization does not require combat, most of the time. And not that there is not situations where giving someone a  good hard crack to set things into perspective isn't handy. From my (limited) expereince, that can perform a reality check, and end the combat phase right there. Especially if it is only one to get someones attention. Better yet is to flip there aggression back at them.

Best

kakkarot

ides: i may sound like i am quicker to action than to thought, but in reality i have only been in one physical fight. and even that one i WANTED to get in, just to find out what it would be like to be in a fight. i have talked out situations that probably would have become violent if i hadn't intervened with words. i know the line to be crossed, and i have set it in very honorable positions.

violence isn't the first things to be used, but in some situations it is important to use it.

society has rules and laws applying to violence. the spiritual world may have rules and laws applying to violence, but i don't know them. so if something or someone attacks me spiritually, i go all out. the attack is unjustified and unwanted so i have the right to defend myself. and i choose to excercise that right, normally.

besides, i'm not allowed to hurt humans without very good reason.

~kakkarot

Secret of Secrets

Anonymous

Hello. I am taking a couple styles of martial arts and have been introduced to the concepts of the vital energies that flow through our bodies all the time. I know that martial artists can use these energies to break bricks, blocks of ice, even warm their bodies in very cold weather, and various other things. I've been reading up on qi and it would appear that qi is a state of mind, or rather, how you use it is a state of mind. So why wouldn't this concept apply to astral physics? Is there another term for qi energy in the astral jargon? I know qi is made of yin and yang energies, i.e. "empty" force and solid matter.  I am quite aware that it is highly dangerous to experinment with qi without proper instruction, so that's why I started this topic. If I can use what I have been taught in my martial arts classes then it isn't experimentation, therefore I can apply what I know to the astral plane. I feel that if I can protect myself from evil spirits and such with martial arts in the astral world, I will feel much more comfortable getting out of my body and acheiving my goals, as one would on the streets of an inner city knowing how to fight and deal with thugs and gangsters.

Arthur Dent sat in a chair that appeared to be made out of the skeleton of a stegosaurus. Slartibartfast turned to him and said, "that chair was made out of the skeleton of a stegosaurus."