News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

consciousness and subconsciousness

Previous topic - Next topic

Voyager

Is it possible to be one with the subconsciousness?
I think that the subconsciousness has more power than anything on earth.
In contrast the consciousness is like a nought.
Who controls whom in fact?
Is it the consciousness or the subconsciousness?

The subconsciousness is much able to do things than people think.
But how to get the key to set it in motion?

Astral316

Quote from: Voyager on April 23, 2011, 16:26:29
Is it possible to be one with the subconsciousness?

I believe it is, though I can't say I've experienced it. Buddhists calls it nirvana... and this is just a guess, but Frank Kepple's Focus 4 may be an equivalent.

Quote from: Voyager on April 23, 2011, 16:26:29In contrast the consciousness is like a nought.
Is it the consciousness or the subconsciousness?

Both play a role to varying degrees in each individual. The subconscious controls instinct, intuition, raw emotion... the conscious controls decision making through logic, higher thinking, etc.

Quote from: Voyager on April 23, 2011, 16:26:29The subconsciousness is much able to do things than people think.
But how to get the key to set it in motion?

Control of the mind through meditation.

Bedeekin

I think we are our subconscious when we project. It is our Subconscious self that we get wrapped up in during a dream... a lucid dream = controling aspects of that subconsious self... the more focused you are on it the more integrated you are into the environment. Daydreaming being the base form of connection to the subconscious self, focus 4 (AP?) being the highest connection. (sorry I need to really get to grips with Kepple's focus level scale).

Just a thought anyway.

personalreality

I think we're something entirely unknown when we project and have to pass through our own subconscious to get to the fun stuff.  but this could just be semantics.

anyway, i had a point to share...right.

you can merge your conscious mind with your subconscious mind.  shamans call it soul retrieval.  i like to call it healing the shadow.  it's the merger of your repressed mind/source of creativity (the 'dark' side, lucifer, imagination, all of those things) and your conscious, thinking mind (the 'light', jesus or some equivalent figure, logic, etc.)

some say that such a merger would constitute enlightenment, balance.  a scale and position that is difficult, if not impossible to comprehend from this split psyche of ours.

reminds me of "the origin of consciousness and the breakdown of the bicameral mind" (by an author that i can't remember).  his premise was entirely speculation (even if educated and well informed), but it is an interesting idea.  in eons past, man's subconscious or source of inspiration (which i use in the most reverent way possible) was one half of his being and his conscious mind the other.  both sides had "equal" weight, a literal two-face (ok, not literally, but not entirely figuratively).  the subconscious spoke to the conscious mind (which inhabited the body in the way we think of inhabiting our body) and the conscious mind did as the subconscious said.  it sounds like an unbalanced partnership but it wasn't.  when you tell your body to do something it usually does it (unless you're ill).  same idea, only you heard your thoughts as the "voice of the gods" so to say.  in the book, something happened, some cataclysm (lets say a comet and all the juicy destruction that comes with it).  it caused a literal break in the psyche (this time i mean literal) and the voice of the gods was for some reason suppressed due to the trauma, which is the state we find ourselves in today.

interesting indeed.
be awesome.

Bedeekin

Have you read The Red Book by Carl Jung personalreality... or heard about it?

Jarrod

The terms "conscious mind" and "subconscious mind" are misleading.  You only have one mind, and you're usually only aware of a small part of it.  That small part which you are aware of, which constantly fluctuates in size, is called the conscious mind.  But your awareness can stretch to encompass more of your mind, and the part of your mind that you aren't aware of, the unconscious mind, can be lessened by learning to let go of attachments and stop the process of thinking.  That's what the mind is really; a process.  It isn't a thing.  When you learn to completely stop your mind you've reached enlightenment, freedom from the mind.  So it isn't really that you need to merge the two parts of your mind.  You only have one mind, and you need to learn how to stop it.

Voyager

@ Jarrod
I don't agree with you in some points.
Yes, we only have one mind.
The subconscious of us knows things that we don't know.
It is able to do things which are extraordinary.

Summerlander

Quote from: Bedeekin on April 24, 2011, 00:09:23
Have you read The Red Book by Carl Jung personalreality... or heard about it?

Anyone who hasn't heard of Carl Jung by now is a pillock. I've heard of him. What about him? Have you read his Red Book? Wanna sell it to me? Be reasonable, I hardly make any money and I've got mouths to feed and they are not pimps.

Bedeekin

Yes I have and it's great...  :-D

Hasn't it come down in price?

Jarrod

Quote@ Jarrod
I don't agree with you in some points.
Yes, we only have one mind.
The subconscious of us knows things that we don't know.
It is able to do things which are extraordinary.

Disagreement is useful.  It brings us closer to the truth.  Which points did your opinion differ on?  I agree which what you said in the above quote.

Summerlander

Quote from: Bedeekin on April 30, 2011, 18:19:36
Yes I have and it's great...  :-D

Hasn't it come down in price?

It hadn't for a while but let me check again. I'll get back to you in the next life.

personalreality

i have it on my computer bedeekin, which means i haven't read it because i hate reading books on the computer. 

i'll probably buy it eventually.  i should put my pdf on my kindle, maybe i'll read it then.
be awesome.

gdo

"Is it possible to be one with the subconsciousness?
    I think that the subconsciousness has more power than anything on earth.
    In contrast the consciousness is like a nought.
    Is it the consciousness or the subconsciousness?"

Voyager,
You are one with subconciousness. 
The difference is that there are levels of conciousness.   
Your personal subconciousness or automatic conciousness is part of the larger or universal Subconciousness.

"The subconsciousness is much able to do things than people think.
     But how to get the key to set it in motion?"

Focus. Attention. Discipline. Self honesty.  Meditation. Observation. Desire.

You use your sc when you learn something or develop a skill. 

CFTraveler

Quote from: Bedeekin on April 23, 2011, 19:13:32
I think we are our subconscious when we project. It is our Subconscious self that we get wrapped up in during a dream... a lucid dream = controling aspects of that subconsious self... the more focused you are on it the more integrated you are into the environment. Daydreaming being the base form of connection to the subconscious self, focus 4 (AP?) being the highest connection. (sorry I need to really get to grips with Kepple's focus level scale).

Just a thought anyway.
I agree.  I think we're more 'our subconscious' that we like to think.

Summerlander

I think we are an empty awareness clinging onto concepts because we believe they'll define us. Likewise, we can wear the 'subconscious' just as we wear the conscious like a glove.

Voyager

Quote from: Jarrod on April 30, 2011, 23:28:00
Disagreement is useful.  It brings us closer to the truth.  Which points did your opinion differ on?  I agree which what you said in the above quote.

That I think, subconciousness and consciousness are not the same

Xanth

In my perspective, they're two sides of the infinitely sided coin that is *you* ('you' being nothing but consciousness).   ;)