News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Could vampire legends be demons?

Previous topic - Next topic

Nita

Hi Adrian
  Most of the vampires that I have observed have been alive and using vampirism to extend their lives. They do suck the victims energy instead of their blood and they say that they feel a bite from the enities that are sent to do this to them.
  I see no reason why a spirit couldn't be a vampire and be trying to steal life energy to stay on this earth. A number of religions have myths concerning beings like this. I read that vampires don't like mint along with the normal usage of garlic. I really don't think they are demons although the ones that are alive do seem to use them to perfect their methods of living off of others.
  I would really be interested in seeing a enity tear a roof off of a building. Let me know if they ever get any film of that occuring.
  Nita

www.astralhealer.com
www.hermeticuniversityonline.com

Winged_Wolf

There is a LOT of stuff out there.
http://www.angelfire.com/realm2/wingedwolf/Parazoology/Vampyrs/index.html
There's my most controversial document on vampires--the kind that actually do drink blood, psychic vampires, and so on.

There are a LOT of spirits which drain energy from people, in a multitude of different ways.  I'd almost hesitate to call any of them vampires, because this is such a broad modus operandi for spirit entities.  Many spirits may occasionally engage in this behavior, for example, even if they don't do it all the time.
Spirits are subject to entropy, as we all are--they need to replenish their energy as a result, and they need to replenish with the same kind of energy they are made up of.  If this is an energy type which humans generate, then that's one source they can't ignore.
Even gods feed on faith....

--Winged Wolf
"I will stare at the sun until its light doesn't blind me, and I will walk into the fire, 'til its heat doesn't burn me, and I will feed the fire...."
--Winged Wolf
http://www.lulu.com/wingedwolfpsion
"I will stare at the sun until its light doesn't blind me, and I will walk into the fire, 'til its heat doesn't burn me, and I will feed the fire...."

Adrian

Greetings Nita!

quote:

Hi Adrian
  Most of the vampires that I have observed have been alive and using vampirism to extend their lives. They do suck the victims energy instead of their blood and they say that they feel a bite from the enities that are sent to do this to them.
  I see no reason why a spirit couldn't be a vampire and be trying to steal life energy to stay on this earth. A number of religions have myths concerning beings like this. I read that vampires don't like mint along with the normal usage of garlic. I really don't think they are demons although the ones that are alive do seem to use them to perfect their methods of living off of others.
  I would really be interested in seeing a enity tear a roof off of a building. Let me know if they ever get any film of that occuring.
  Nita

Thanks very much indeed for your most interesting response

I suppose sucking energy from people is actually psychic vampirism.

As for that chapel - they abandoned it years ago now, after they realised the entity was not going to allow the roof to remain on. The building is now in a field, derelict, minus it's roof, and regarded as possessed I think. The entity won that one!

With kind regards,

Adrian.

https://ourultimatereality.com/
Vincit Omnia Veritas

Adrian

Greetings all!

We should start our own dictionary of terms!

We have, just for starters:

Astral Wildlife (Robert)

Parazoolgy (Winged Wolf)- I think that one is great

Psychic Vampirism

There must be many more. Maybe we should start a topic on this, and make a FAQ?

Best regards,

Adrian.

Vincit Omnia Veritas

Winged_Wolf

There is a nice paranormal dictionary out there on the web, I've got the link somewhere.  There's a glossary on the Guild site, too, but that's highly specific.
I don't think either of them contain "Parazoology" or "astral wildlife", however.  Psychic vampirism is in wide useage, and should be listed in the one that's already up.
I should find that link again...I think that fellow had a means of submitting terms.

--Winged Wolf
--Winged Wolf

Adrian

quote:

There is a nice paranormal dictionary out there on the web, I've got the link somewhere.  There's a glossary on the Guild site, too, but that's highly specific.
I don't think either of them contain "Parazoology" or "astral wildlife", however.  Psychic vampirism is in wide useage, and should be listed in the one that's already up.
I should find that link again...I think that fellow had a means of submitting terms.

--Winged Wolf

Greetings Winged Wolf!

I had a feeling that pyschic vampirism was in use.

I would however like to start a dictionary of paranormal and occult terminology here.

I think the best way to do this is to dedicated but restricted forum, with each topic subject being a term like "parazoology", and the content being the description.

I don't see that the existence of other such compilations should prevent us - besides, it seems to me that we have more terms to add  

Best regards,

Adrian.

Vincit Omnia Veritas

Winged_Wolf

That's true--besides, the one I had in mind isn't as complete as I thought--here it is: http://www.mdani.demon.co.uk/para/paraglos.htm

You're correct, there are certainly terms we can add.

The only potential problem I see is in defining some terms.  We may have to use multiple definitions to make everyone happy.  But, well, Websters does that too.

--Winged Wolf
--Winged Wolf

Adrian

Greetings Winged Wolf!

quote:

That's true--besides, the one I had in mind isn't as complete as I thought--here it is: http://www.mdani.demon.co.uk/para/paraglos.htm

You're correct, there are certainly terms we can add.

The only potential problem I see is in defining some terms.  We may have to use multiple definitions to make everyone happy.  But, well, Websters does that too.

--Winged Wolf

That's true.

Thinking about it, I don't think using the forums would work that well - it sorts by date and not alphabetical order.

I might try and to a database driven "Knowledge Base" system if I get the time, and which authorised people can add to and update. What do you think about that?

The one at the link is very good, but plenty of scope for more to be added and expanded on I think. Either way, a comprehensive glossary/dictionary would be great to have here.

Thanks again!

Best regards,

Adrian.

Vincit Omnia Veritas

Winged_Wolf

The mailing list server I use, www.smartgroups.com, has databases for the mailing lists.
I'll have to take a look at those and see if they'd be workable.  We might just create a list.  The public can view the database if you adjust the settings that way.

--Winged Wolf
--Winged Wolf

Winged_Wolf

By sheer chance, I stumbled across EXACTLY what you were talking about today.  It already exists.  Check out the Paranomicon on http://www.paranormal.com

--Winged Wolf
--Winged Wolf

Robert Bruce

G'day!

Historically, every church is said to have a demon associated with it.  If you study the history of demonology, you'll find some notable case histories where churches have been plagued by major demons.  

All saints are said to be sorely tested by spiritual attack.  The greater their potential for good, the greater are the demonic attacks.  St Francis, for example, lived his whole life under strong demonic attack.  

Take care, Robert.

ps, fresh red garlic is the best to use against vampires.

Robert Bruce
www.astraldynamics.com

Adrian

G'day Robert!

quote:

G'day!

Historically, every church is said to have a demon associated with it.  If you study the history of demonology, you'll find some notable case histories where churches have been plagued by major demons.  

Interesting - but there are many churches in the Isle of Man - I wonder why this one has such a powerfully felt entity? I don't think they have any more capicity for good than any other church in that respect.

It could be the locals blowing things out of proportion though I guess.

We have so many really weird things here. Another place the locals avoid is a hill where vehicles roll UP the hill with engine switched off apparently. It is a tourist attraction - a coach load of tourists is taken to the foot of the hill, cars work just as well, and the driver switches off the engine, and the bus starts to move up the hill backwards as if some unseen force is pulling it  I think the locals ascribe it to unknown powers, but I think it is magnetism myself. I have never been there though.

I do travel over the Faery Bridge four time each day though taking the kids to school - the trees around are bedecked with gifts to the Fae folk
quote:

All saints are said to be sorely tested by spiritual attack.  The greater their potential for good, the greater are the demonic attacks.  St Francis, for example, lived his whole life under strong demonic attack.  

I wonder if that applies to *all* forces of good or light?

I often wondered whether people like yourself, Nita and Romero are more likely to be the subject of ongoing psychic and/or demonic attacks, because of all of your ongoing excellent and brave work in fighting these things?

quote:

ps, fresh red garlic is the best to use against vampires.

It is great for the flu as well
I had a really nasty attack of flu a while back, and Robert instructed me to eat a large clove of garlic, raw, four times each day. I did that, and it cleared up the flu within a couple of days Most other people who had the same bug, suffered for up to four weeks.

Just don't go in any crowded places after eating raw garlic

Powerful stuff that garlic - and great in curries

Best regards,

Adrian.

Vincit Omnia Veritas

Nita

Hi Adrian
  Eating raw garlic is a good way to avoid the flu in the first place. It makes people stand further back so they don't breath on you as much. Garlic is excellent for a lot of things with all joking aside.
  I have noticed patterns in my life that are different from a lot of other people. Anytime I do anything that is cutting close to the edge of improper behavior (I am human after all). I get my karma back so quick as if something is telling me that I know better than that.
  I also seem to have evil notice me at times when I have felt that I have done the greatest good. I help people with difficult problems and the ones that caused the problems don't like that. I do have a tendancy to be cursed more often than most other magicians for that reason.
  Everyone I deal with is a difficult person because of the problems that they are having at the time. It adds to the stress and the only way you can adjust to that is to have compassion and understanding. You also have a chance to be physically damaged unless you are really balanced and centered.
   Nita

www.astralhealer.com

Winged_Wolf

Garlic was said to be good for warding off all evil spirits, and of course vampires were thought to be spirits (hungry ghosts).  The truth is most likely this:  
Illnesses were generally blamed on evil spirits.  If you eat lots of garlic, you get ill less often, and you recover from illnesses faster.  Hence, garlic wards off illness/evil spirits, see?

As for actual vampires, the living variety I'm familiar with generally LOVE garlic.

--Winged Wolf
--Winged Wolf

Adrian

Greetings Nita!

quote:

Hi Adrian
  Eating raw garlic is a good way to avoid the flu in the first place. It makes people stand further back so they don't breath on you as much. Garlic is excellent for a lot of things with all joking aside.
  I have noticed patterns in my life that are different from a lot of other people. Anytime I do anything that is cutting close to the edge of improper behavior (I am human after all). I get my karma back so quick as if something is telling me that I know better than that.
  I also seem to have evil notice me at times when I have felt that I have done the greatest good. I help people with difficult problems and the ones that caused the problems don't like that. I do have a tendancy to be cursed more often than most other magicians for that reason.
  Everyone I deal with is a difficult person because of the problems that they are having at the time. It adds to the stress and the only way you can adjust to that is to have compassion and understanding. You also have a chance to be physically damaged unless you are really balanced and centered.
   Nita

I agree about Garlic  

Actually I must confess to this - when Robert first suggested eating a clove of garlic four times per day, I thought he meant a *whole* garlic four times per day  So I went straight to the Supermarket and bought a dozen full high quality garlics! On the first day, having munched my way through a fair bit of raw whole garlic, I thought I had better clarify the dosage with Robert - then I realised he meant four of those sections inside. i.e. cloves  - I am not a cook, and so I don't understand the lingo   But anyway - we are still eating garlic here  - madras curry again this weekend again!

I do keep away from people after eating garlic . I can't smell anything at all myself though - of anything - something literally zapped my sense of smell overnight about six months ago, and it hasn't returned since. That was a month or so after a very near fatal asthma attack (which hit me very hard, all of a sudden, for no apparent reason whatsoever - I have always suffered from asthma since I was young, but this was *very* different - nothing would work to relieve it) - I was in complete respiratory failure for a very long time - another couple of minutes and I wouldn't have made it at all - and the doctors think it is something to do with that - I disagree with them.

I have also experienced a few suspected psychic attacks over the last six months as well - a sort of deep attack of negative energy out of nowhere, and for no apparent reason - I am a positive, forward thinking, upbeat sort of person, but this was like someone had put my head in a vice, and was turning the screws - I just used sheer mind power and some magic visualisations that I know, and an hour or so later everything is just fine again. I wouldn't know how to define that sort of attack - but I can sure do without them!

I suppose the point I am making in a rather long winded way, and by using the above personal experiences to illustrate it, is that it takes people with your own level of experience and knowledge (who are every few) in order to discern the difference sometimes between a pure medical condition, and a psychic attack. I personally suspect that a great many people are carrying curses or negs of some order or another, while doctors, in all good faith, are prescribing sometimes very potent classes of drugs to relieve the symtoms, or, very often, referring such afflicted people to psychiatric care for an indefinite period of time. Personally I have only visited the doctor a couple of times in ten years - I am a firm believer in pure mind power (and garlic) in lieu of medicine.

I am hopeful of the fact that Robert's new book PPSD will open up a whole new area of understanding in these areas. The ultimate problem is going to be in the relatively smalll number of people available who have the necessary knowldege and experience to assist people who are demonically or psychically possessed in one way or another.

As for centering and grounding - I know you at least read a particular work which I am following, from the group we subscribe to, and of course elemental equilibrium is a major aspect of that teaching - is that related to centering and grounding in some ways as well?

With best regards,

Adrian.
Vincit Omnia Veritas

PeacefulWarrior

Greetings!
This is a great topic.  I always use garlic for I believed it to be good to the taste and for my physical health, but I was a little skeptical about it's positive spiritual qualities.  

Going back to the idea about doing good bringing on psychic attacks, I find this to be too true.  It seems that in my own personal life, whenever I make strides forward I always seem to face strong opposition.  I see this on other people's lives as well.  I believe that there truly are beings out there that "see" the act of good and realize there is a threat.  Has anyone here read or at least heard of the novel entitled "The Scewtape Letters" by C.S. Lewis.  It's very interesting in that it basically follows a devil in training by the name of "Screwtape".  His mentor is a veteran neg who is bent on training Screwtape to ruin the life of the protoganist.  Very interesting.  I had it about a year ago and want to read it again.

-Dan
We shall not cease from our exploration, and at the end of all our exploring, we shall arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.
T.S. Elliot
---------------
fides quaerens intellectum

Nita

Hi Daniel
  I guess the best way to put it is that certain things want events to be balanced in such a way that evil rules. It is like the ying and yang symbol that the chinese use. It is always moving and changing but they are both there and existing at the same time.
  Balance is being able to keep the elements in your system balanced no matter what occurs. Most creatures have a ruling element. People also have a element which is more dominent than others if you list your traits. A element ruled by fire will blast energy into you and try to unbalance your system. It makes it so you can't connect to energy the same way or receive information the same way after it is done.
  The best way is to use a banishing ritual and banish any imbalances in your energetic system by listing each element and banishing the imbalances. You ground yourself by extending energetic spikes from your feet into the earth. You then open up your crown chakra and link to the source of goodness, compassion and loving kindness that exists for everyone. You flood this through your system pushing out any discordant colored energy and balance your system again. You can combine this with the banishing ritual by the way.
 Elemental equilibrium is very improtant because that way you can tell which way a enity or force has shoved you in the wrong direction for your energetic system.
 Nita

www.astralhealer.com

PeacefulWarrior

Nita-
Very interesting indeed.  There will always be this need for balance in the universe, but there is something I must bring up.  As I live from day to day I strive to push out any evil or darkness from within. I firmly believe that by striving each day, each hour, yes and even each minute to perfect myself...some "day" I know I can reach a perfected state.  I don't think I will do that within this life time, while in this physical body...but I think that every soul who has discovered his or her true potential is striving towards perfection "line upon line, precept upon precept".  If this is so, is the balance maintained because there are those entities that are wholly dark and evil?

I'd be interested to hear what you think about this.

We shall not cease from our exploration, and at the end of all our exploring, we shall arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.
T.S. Elliot
---------------

Adrian

Greetings all!

Here's one I have been pondering, since recently hearing of a local, supposedly powerful entity.

This entity frequents a church (which is a bit odd in itself), and the locals are absolutely convinced it is a vampire, (I don't know why yet)and have all sorts of herbs and religious regalia to protect themselves. It seems very real to the locals - I intend to visit the church one day to investigate for myself out of interest.

The locals are a bit superstitious though - you can almost get deported for uttering the word "rat". You have to say "long tailed ones" or similar, or the locals go crazy

Legends of Vampires, sucking blood, abound of course - certainly throughout Europe, and in particular Eastern Europe. Could vampires actually be demons or other negative entities that are attaching to victims, e.g. at the neck, and sucking energy from them rather than blood, and could they leave the legendary fang marks in so doing? I assume that these legends have some basis to them considering how common they were.

There is also another local phenomena I know about as well - and this is a famous case. There is a chapel, built a couple of hundred years ago, and every time a new roof is put on this chapel over the last 100 years or so, an entity visits almost the same night,or soon thereafter, usually in calm weather conditions, and tears the entire roof off again. This has been witnessed I believe - and definitely not a human hoax doing this it seems.

Best regards,

Adrian.

Vincit Omnia Veritas