News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Dealing with Psychic Vampires

Previous topic - Next topic

Nita

Hi David
  If you read the new article that Robert has written then you will find methods that will work against most psychic vampires. The only ones that might be a little more difficult are those into ritual or shamanic magic that are willing to use those methods against others.  The methods can still be used to remove the chords and resolve some of the basic issues that allowed them to be attached.
  I have had quite a few cases of psychic vampirism over the last 20 years and all of them involve people who are trying to push their bad karma off on someone else. They also try to push their illness's  into someone else's energy system that is willing to take them and supplant them with the good energy the other person has accumulated. It is almost a reverse process of healing.They are all people full of anxiety and fear of death and illness's. I have noticed a definite increase of cases over the last 5 years including some really complex ways of vampirizing others.
  Good defensive systems are the best protection against psychic vampires. I also think that self-understanding is another. You know what is yours and what is not yours. You don't have to accept anything harmful  from anyone if you have good wards.
  Nita

www.astralhealer.com
www.hermeticuniversityonline.com

mescalin

are psi vamps really a problem?

As a psi vamp myself, I don't concider myself a great burden to those around me, in fact I strengthen the auras of those I know  personally. I also gather much of my energy from alternative sources  such as the enviroment, while I do make a lot of targetted feeds to I do not do so when on a real empty stomach so to speak, this is when I find myself becoming parastic.

excellent to find some individuals interested in the metaphysics of this.

Nita

Hello Mescalin
  I think the way to look at this is would you want to have someone else pull all your good luck and good health out of you. They then work on the persons life having the energy they need and make it where the negative stuff is left so they are easy to feed off .
  I have had people who had the psychic vampire push there illness's onto them. They unbalanced their energy and put them into early menopause and having blood clots in their legs.
  I feel that maybe you think you are not harming anyone but feeding off of others is something that will get back to the person doing so.
  Nita

www.astralhealer.com

alchimiste

Hi Fenris,
to be brief and to the point the most effective and radical way to deal with this type of parasite is to call down the Cosmic Fire.

create your magic circle, set up your wards; then facing south, raise your two hands (the major and index fingers pointing upwards) and call down the Cosmic Fire to deal with your pesky parasite. The call is made in Enochian
" QUAAR RATI-ZOMIA JOZ " Remember to vibrate the words, The JOZ is pronounced more like YOZE. The Cosmic fire will cut all attachments and your vampire will receive a nasty shock almost instantaniously. Remember that at this level, all magic is effectuated by visualisation.

As for you Mescalin; one day you are gonna try to suck from the wrong person and get your buns well and truly toasted!!! it will happen sooner or later and then you just might change your filthy habit.

BTW; the cosmic fire isn't a plaything so please remember the old saying.......If you paly with fire!!!!!!.......???

Fenris. Using this is a bit over the top perhaps. Its like swating a fly with a high yeild nuclear warhead Use this at your own risk..............you have been warned.

Alchimiste

Alchimiste
(A student of Evolution)

Demande a Dieu et il te repondra....Cherches et tu trouveras....Frappe et l'on t'ouvrira.

alchimiste

BTW: The above is a form of high magic that requires the correct experience and initiatory background to make it work.

Remember you need the keys to start the car!

I've probably covered my butt on this one ?

Alchimiste

Alchimiste
(A student of Evolution)

Demande a Dieu et il te repondra....Cherches et tu trouveras....Frappe et l'on t'ouvrira.

Winged_Wolf

First, psy-vamps don't pull out "all the positive energy"...they take energy period, they're not capable of picking the pattern.  Whatever you have, that's what they take, in the same measures.

Yes, if your energy is drained below a certain point, it can cause depression and immune system reduction, as a temporary effect, until your energy level rises back to normal levels.
Most psychic vampires these days do not do this as a matter of course, if they are aware of what they are doing.  In fact, there is a movement in the psy-vamp community toward consentual feeding, meaning they only take energy from those who they have specifically asked, and gained consent from.  It's an ethical move that should be encouraged, IMO....in other words, don't condemn all psy-vamps without regard to their behavior, and don't ostracize them....if you cast them out, why should they care about you?

Now, if someone does try to drain you, in the vast majority of cases, they are not going to be looking for a fight.  A sharp tug back on the link, then release, is enough to cause most of them to give up and seek elsewhere.  It lets them know that you are aware of what they are doing, and will put up a fight.  A tug of war is just as uncomfortable for them as it is for you, whether they win or not...it's not worth the effort when easier targets are around.

In the case of a deliberate vamp attack--that is, the person intends to hurt you by vamping, they're not merely after your energy--then other tactics are in order.  

Most of these tactics require a fairly high amount of knowledge and experience with energy working.  If your shields are not adequete to prevent vamping, and pulling back does not work, you can attempt to overload them by rapidly changing the speed of the energy flow.  You may also try throwing earth energy into the link, or grounding the link to a ley-line, then blocking your end (ouch).

By all means, attack back--if you can hurt them, they may just decide to give it up as a bad job.

--Winged Wolf
"I will stare at the sun until its light doesn't blind me, and I will walk into the fire, 'til its heat doesn't burn me, and I will feed the fire...."
--Winged Wolf
http://www.lulu.com/wingedwolfpsion
"I will stare at the sun until its light doesn't blind me, and I will walk into the fire, 'til its heat doesn't burn me, and I will feed the fire...."

Ides315

Hey Nita & Winged Wolf.

You two seem to have different definitions for things.

I am guessing from your definition Winged Wolf, that you only refer to people that choose to leach energy off of others rather than developing their own sources as vampires. They have no real skills when it comes to the removal or trading of energy.

Nita is refering to anyone that takes or trades enenrgy with someone else as a vamp, with intentional posion used to cause bad effects in the victem.

This is my guess any way.

Take care, all

Nita

Hi Ides
  You are correct on different interpretations. The stronger emotions make better energy for feeding so most vampires cause them. They hurt the victims by all the negative energy that is put into them while the vampire is drawing off of them. They always give a fight and they are not just something harmless.
  There are groups of people who play at being vampires and draw energy. I feel just like Alchimiste zap the connections. I also think that it is indicative of our society that evil has become cool. I hope they meet some of the expert ones I have met and understand what it is like to be the victim.  The ones I have seen do not draw off of people who just agree they try to draw off people who have brighter energy. They make their lives miserable and cause them health problems.
  I personally don't feel that my approval is not important.  Harming others and attacking others will always get the person trapped in a cycle where I wouldn't want to be.
  Nita

www.astralhealer.com

Winged_Wolf

It may be true we have different definitions, but your categorization is off.

First, aware psychic vampires tend to be rather GOOD energy workers.

The reasons a person becomes one are generally one of the following:  most common, when their abilities were awakening, they dumped and drew energy randomly (ie, their abilities were out of control), and no one was there to train them.  They dumped energy, then figured out that they felt better when they drew to replace it, and so got locked into that cycle.  Eventually, their own capability to generate energy reduced dramatically, so that now, if they stop, they get withdrawel symptoms and cannot maintain their own energy level.

Next, they may have a parasitic entity which reduces their energy level, and forces them to draw energy to maintain it.

Third, they may have an injury or congenital defect of some sort which reduces their ability to generate or to capacitate (store) energy, so that they need an outside source.

And finally, there are some folks whose genetics key for very low energy production with very high ability and instinctive use of ability, so that they must take psi from other sources in order to fuel their abilities and maintain a normal level.

The above are psychic vampires.  People who use a vamp attack as a combat technique are NOT psychic vampires....that is just a skill.  Psychic vampires are defined by their need for drawing energy.

And no, they cannot suck up "universal energy", or "earth energy", or any of that garbage, because that is not the same type of energy, and they cannot use it.  That is why you can use earth energy to fend one off.

Nita is correct that some psychic vampires, mostly among the 'addict" types, will cause strong emotional responses in others in order to get their energy more easily, and because they are addicted to the added "flavor", and emotional high, that it brings.

However, as I also said, there is a movement in the psy-vamp community away from attacking people, and toward consentual behavior--asking for energy, and gaining consent before taking it.  Before you judge across the board, learn a bit more about it first.

--Winged Wolf
--Winged Wolf

Ides315

Hmmm, interesting all the way around.

Winged Wolf:

Out of curiosity, why can they not access the various life energies? My personal experience is energy is energy, but is flavored different.

Is it possible that these people are just addicted to a quick fix, like a sugar addict, instead of learning how to gain it from proper sources?

Why do you refer to earth energy and universal energy as garbage?

Winged_Wolf

I refer to them as garbage because they are not useable by the body.  I'm fond of the following explanation--if all energy were the same, you should be able to plug yourself into a light socket rather than having a nice bowl of cereal, or sunbathe in favor of chowing on an egg roll.  Obviously, all energy is not the same, and not all energy is utilized by the body in the same fashion.

It's more than "flavor".  Different types of energy require different handling to achieve the same effects, though generally speaking they CAN all be used to achieve the same effects.
Outside energy sources can be used to fuel magick/psychic abilities.  However, they cannot be used to fuel a person, the way life energy is.  (One type, soul energy, is life energy--the others are not--even psi is only necessary to the body because we have to maintain a certain level of it to keep our energetic systems functioning properly, not because we use it as fuel).

It's the outside energy that is a "quick fix" with no substance, and trial and error in the vamp community have made this common knowledge by now.  There is a REASON that esoteric systems that involve taking outside energy in generally tell you to ground it after you are through with what you are doing.
My school of thought never uses outside energy at all--we build up our own energy generation ability instead.
You cannot convert one type to the other, that would be like trying to convert heat to electricity without benefit of machinery.  You can change the pattern, but you can't change the type.  So, psychic vampires who require life energy can ONLY get it from living things, or spirits which contain it.  Those who require psi can get it from animals, some plants, or public places where people have shed a great deal of it.
Earth energy, ambient energy, etc etc, all of those are nothing but a "temporary fix", to actively uncomfortable.  Particularly for born-psis, whose systems are more specialized.

--Winged Wolf
--Winged Wolf

Ides315

Hey, Winged Wolf.

Interesting perspective on it. My personal backround is more occult than psi, though I seem to be able to mix the two. It did not occur to me that people could not tap the universal energy source. It is definately something that has to be devoloped, but as the source of the universe it is available to anyone. Well, thats my take on it, anyway. I have been lucky enough to develop some sort of internal system as well, and pretty much freely trade between types as needed.

Energy "dumps" into storage areas seem easy enough from any source. The only time it does not feel like "me" is when I have not "digested" it. Then it seems to work very well to pull in what I need, mix with mine for purpose and good measure, and create what is needed. With the people that have needed a little help, for one reason or another, it is easy enough to open up there own channels, and just guide their personal energy source. The only thing I have noticed, is people firmly rooted in the material and/or firmly not believing in a higher being (God, Bhudda, etc...) take a lot more work to open up there channel.

I have yet to ground anything. If it is more than I need/want, it goes to a storage area. It is also a continous supply, and can be plugged into with a little practice and maintenence.

I am really not being argumentative here, this discussion reminds me of the issues I found when researching the whole "energy" thing (psi, magick, ki, etc...). Not trying to offend ANYBODY here, to me the problem is most people think their system is the best, and the "only" system that is "worth while". After reading up on most of the non dark systems, to me the answer is in all of them. Almost every system has a great core to it, and the mechanics are generally very similiar across the board. I never really got started, until I figured out raw energy, how to source it, and moved up from there.

I use reiki, NEW, universal, and internal. Probably ki also, but that seems pretty close to NEW targeting life force. I live in the forest, so it is pretty abundant. The only time energy even hints at being down is if I do a LOT of work.

Good conversation. Keep it going.

Arie

Next time you encounter a vampire just smurf em.  First form a golden bubble around you.  Then turn the vampire blue and make him small like a little smurf.

"I hear and I forget... I see and I remember... I do and I understand."

Nita

Hello Aries
  I loved the smurf comment. The only reason psychic vampires can't draw from the sources everyone else uses is because they aren't trying. Energy is out there for everyone in digestable ways and any psi vamps can ask me and I will give them ways to connect. I can't see where a person doesn't study to use the energy properly there are many books out there that tell how to use it.
  If you start using energy in any other fashion you are not harmless nor are you good. You are taking something from a thinking being and affecting them.  Evil is not some big monster out there but is present in the little and big things we do in life. You set the tone for what energy you can and can't use by your actions. I am sure this is why psy vampires have to use someone elses good energy because they don't make the right choices where they have energy of their own.
  No parasites or any other excuses here just facts that if a person does that consciously to others they are wrong in what they are doing according to the universal laws of cause and effect. They are doing the cause and they will see the effect. The effect is what will be done to them because of the actions and reactions that they cause in the lives they affect.
  Nita

www.astralhealer.com

Winged_Wolf

I'm sorry, but now you're just being ignorant.
Most psy-vamps are rather GOOD at energy working, and they have already tried your suggestions for taking energy from various other sources, and they have rejected them FOR A REASON:  Because they did not work.  Not because they could not acquire the energy, but because they could not USE it in the way they needed.  They could use it to fuel other abilities, but not themselves.

They are not stupid, they are not lying, and they are not ignorant of how to do it.
However you wish to explain that is up to you, but do not make the mistake of assuming that every single one of them is lying, or completely inept, just because YOU don't think that's the way it's "supposed" to be.

Your retort of "well, _I_ can do it" is pointless, because YOU are not a psy-vamp.  You don't use the energy you take for the same purposes.
Your superior, self-righteous attitude is highly misplaced.

--Winged Wolf
--Winged Wolf

alchimiste

My view is that these vampires are parasites or to describe them better THEIVES. So winged wolf if these people steal they should be punished, its as simple as that. Sympathy for these pathetic beings is unconceivable. End of story!!!!

Alchimiste

Alchimiste
(A student of Evolution)

Winged_Wolf

Yeah!  If they take that loaf of bread, WHACK off their hand!

Ok, now that we've heard from the Dark Side of the Force, anyone else have any comments?  :D

--Winged Wolf
--Winged Wolf

yoki_h

In my experience most physic vampires are not aware of what they are doing ,they only know that they feel better  after  interacting with others .Often but not always they are the old ,sick and I suspect the mentally ill even babies  will siphon from their mothers. Except in the case of  young children this exercise is futile as these people have holes in their auras and the energy leeks out  very quickly. Maybe this is the reason for the need to tape others  as any energy  gathered  from those around them and natural sources are easily depleted
Physic vampirism is a nuisance but  really off no threat  and the fact that it  is happing is very easy to spot  ,the source off the energy  is left feeling very tired I have found that  this also happens in crowded places goodness only knows how many are tapping you there.
I have found no harm in being another's source of energy as its very easily replaced, a afternoon nape a walk in nature ,meditation and RB method  are all very reliable and refreshing.
I am not dismissing the fact that some individuals  are very aware of what they are doing only suggesting that they are in the minority and that  the vast number of vampires are totally ignorant of their effect on others.

yoki

kakkarot

you know, for a long time now i have been hearing about people having "holes in their aura", but i don't understand how that would work. could someone please explain?

i think that there are different types of "psychic" vampires: some feed off emotional energy, some off life energy, some off psi energy, etc. i have never met a psychic vampire myself (well, maybe one) so i will say upfront that this is just theory and with NO experience being put into it, just logic. however, i have noticed that when other people are happy around me, after just a few minutes i become VERY happy and they ALL become sad, and then a few minutes later, they all become happy again (but not quite to the degree they were at before), and i loose most of my good mood (but i am still left happier than when it starts). that would be an emotional vampire right?

i have also been able to suck others peoples' chi from them when i tried to, or i have absorbed the energy that is permeated by large groups of people who are expending large amounts of energy. i have also been to a church where, both times i went, i left with very little energy. i had a headache and i went to a park both times to absorb some chi, which got rid of most of the headache but i was still drained.

and there is a certain person in the group of people who i play d&d with who has told me that he sucks up energy off of people who are in states of high emotions (and i know that i have left the gaming some nights with almost no energy). and then there is my best friend, who i taught how to use chi and how to absorb it. but i didn't tell him why he shouldn't keep absorbing all the time so by the time that he met someone who could tell him that he shouldn't absorb energy all the time, they had to TEACH him to stop. he didn't know how, eventhough i think it is a pretty basic skill to just know how to not absorb energy.

::sidenotes::
winged wolf: you said, "Different types of energy require different handling to achieve the same effects, though generally speaking they CAN all be used to achieve the same effects". thanks for saying that; i have been trying to put that thought into a good sentence (or two) for a while now.

but you said later that "You cannot convert one type to the other, that would be like trying to convert heat to electricity without benefit of machinery", but i have to disagree with you on this. i am able to convert chi to ki, chi to kundalini, and kundalini to what i call psi (mental energy) and more. i realize that most people probably can't do this, but that doesn't mean it is impossible, just hard to learn. and please realize that i am talking about converting energy, not just changing the flavour.

~kakkarot

Secret of Secrets

Nita

Hi Kakkarot
  Holes in the aura happen because people pierce holes in it trying to gather energy and weaken parts of it. It can be repaired readily and a lot of people don't know it when they feed off of others. I think that the ones that are conscious of it can change the energy that they can draw off of to something that isn't infringing upon another persons energy.
  Everyone can convert different types of energy once they know how. It is no problem to do so but some people are just lazy or uninformed. It is no congential defect but a learned behaviour when they know what they are doing.
  Nita

www.astralhealer.com

Winged_Wolf

I've been looking for someone who could actually convert one type to another for a long time, but everytime one of them tries to demonstrate it for me, it turns out they're just causing one type to emulate the pattern of another type, and not actually changing the type.

As for ki, chi, and kundalini....I don't really know how to translate those into types I am familiar with, in fact, I thought they were all the same thing anyhow.  Just different languages.

--Winged Wolf
--Winged Wolf

Nita

Hello Winged Wolf
  I have found many books upon energy and how to use it. The information is out there and it is just knowing how to draw different energy types in for the persons use. Converting energy to the persons pattern is just that repatterning it so it is actually attuned to the person. If they can't absorb that then they aren't trying.
  Energy conversion from bad to good is mentioned in buddhist and other magical literature. The information is out there and all people have to do is look for it.
  Nita

www.astralhealer.com

waterbreathing

quote:
Originally posted by Nita:
Hello Winged Wolf
  I have found many books upon energy and how to use it. The information is out there and it is just knowing how to draw different energy types in for the persons use. Converting energy to the persons pattern is just that repatterning it so it is actually attuned to the person. If they can't absorb that then they aren't trying.
  Energy conversion from bad to good is mentioned in buddhist and other magical literature. The information is out there and all people have to do is look for it.
  Nita

Though this wasn´t written to me it made me curious... is there methods to take someones (human or animal) bad, negative energy and turn it into positive and good energy and then return this to them? In other words helping them gather energy.

Wouldnt this be like a dream come true!!!

Love and light,
Wb

kakkarot

WATERBREATHING: yes there are methods to take a person's "bad" energy and make it "good". but it isn't a gathering method. just changing the "negative" aspect of a type of energy into its "positive" aspect. with some forms of energy, it doesn't help to much with anything, and i would also venture to guess that not all types of energy have more than one aspect to them.

unfortunately it would be more like a nightmare: having all that "filthy" energy so often? plus it sometimes takes effort to convert energy, especially large quantities of it. and it takes time, not always alot, but at least enough to be annoying if you are doing it constantly. plus, you don't get anything in return, not even a thank you, when they don't know you're doing it.

NITA: kay thanks.

WINGED WOLF: well, i am very certain that i am changing them from type to type. when i change one to another it is usually on a "permanent" basis, at least it is permanently changed until it gets used up: ie i don't have to "hold" it in the new form, and it doesn't change back on its own. plus it has all the same properties as the form it changed into AND it mixes with the energy i already have of that type. for instance, when i change kundalini into chi, i can feel that i have more chi and less kundalini, and over the next few days i feel more healthy (because with more chi comes more health) but i can't do the little things i can do with kundalini so easily or quickly (like getting a rush of energy up and down my spine that feels akin to an orgasm). the biggest exception to this is that i can't convert anything into ki because when i use ki i just burn off another form of energy to fuel the "fire", as it is usually described.

~kakkarot

Secret of Secrets

Winged_Wolf

To first person:  pattern and type are not the same thing.  You cannot use outside energy types to "fuel" your body, only your psi/magickal work.  Saying that if people can't "they're just not trying hard enough" is incredibly ignorant.   Consider for a brief moment that you just MAY be wrong.  You're not a psychic vampire, and you have no need for any energy sources other than what you produce, so how can you possibly use your own experiences as a base for others?  Your faith bears absolutely no resemblence to the reality of others--open your mind and stop spouting dogma.

To the second person:  You have still failed to even attempt to define what the difference between "ki, chi, and kundalini" is.  As I said, as far as I am aware, they are all exactly the same thing, only the languages are different.
I'd like to see you try converting earth energy into soul energy, or something like that.

--Winged Wolf
--Winged Wolf