News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Dealing with Psychic Vampires

Previous topic - Next topic

kakkarot

actually winged wolf i defined them all according to their cultures on a different thread a while ago. but the basic differences are:

ki: internal energy that can enhance physical abilties and do a few limited spiritual things.

chi: form of energy that flows through all living things bringing with it life, and even death. the life-flow of the universe.

kundalini: energy of the spine. can give you a good feeling and enlighten you (i don't know how, i just keep reading that it does). don't know of any practical uses of it.

(my version of) psi: mental energy. definately different from spiritual energy, but it seems that most people think that chi is psi. (ie. if you feel like you have to move your arm to do something, then it most likely isn't psi.)

magick: a form of energy that feels very manipulatable. haven't found much reading on the actual energy, just the different rituals that people use to use it. isn't natural to the mortal body, which is why people are always saying "Ground after energy work", because it messes with your spirit.

need more?

~kakkarot

Secret of Secrets

Ides315

Hey, kakkarot.

I used to define magick as all energy types (old description: causing change in accordance with your will beyond explanation of modern sceince).

I would still like to hear someone comment about the grounding thing. I use kundalini, chi (I think), reiki, and Akasha. I have never felt the need to ground. If there is more energy than I need, I just send it to a storage area, or give it a mission. I (try anyway) to keep myself using only positive energies, so maybe that is why things don't mess with my spirit.

Winged Wolf

The energies sure do not feel the same (chi and kundalini). From experiences others have had with me doing energy work on them, I would say that Kundalini, chi, and Akasha can fuel the body. On more sensitive people I have (unintentionally) thrown there metabolism into high gear for a couple of days. (I use a lighter touch now).

A thought to all:

We all come from different belief systems, and we all (think we) have seen insurmountable evidence to back up our position(s). Explanation instead of provocation will make all of us wiser. I still think the key is we all put our individual pieces on the table, a more complete puzzle can be assembled.

Best to all

Winged_Wolf

Psi energy is apparently produced by or associated with nervous system activity, and it can be used to do all of the above, depending on how you apply it.  It is light, static-like, tingly, and reactive.  The bulk of your energy field is made up of this energy.

Life energy is very heavy, almost solid-feeling, and may be slightly easier to use for healing or other things that involve amping up the body, but, like psi, can be used for anything, depending on how you apply it.

Most martial artists, because they are taught to draw energy from the center below their navel, use life energy.  The rest usually use psi energy.  Kundalini is PROBABLY life energy, but I'm not certain.  Chi is fictional, in the sense you describe it, because energy from outside does not normally flow through the body that way.  Most chi workers use psi or life.
Ki is usually life energy.

There are a wide variety of outside energy types used by magickians, in addition to one internal type, faith energy, which is apparently produced in the brain and dissipates rapidly--it may be ideal for probability alteration, but not everyone produces it (even those who have faith).

In any case, the energies you've described could very well all be the same type, just in varying densities and patterns, so I'm entirely unconvinced you can alter energies from one type to another.

--Winged Wolf
"I will stare at the sun until its light doesn't blind me, and I will walk into the fire, 'til its heat doesn't burn me, and I will feed the fire...."
--Winged Wolf
http://www.lulu.com/wingedwolfpsion
"I will stare at the sun until its light doesn't blind me, and I will walk into the fire, 'til its heat doesn't burn me, and I will feed the fire...."

Ides315

Hey, Winged Wolf.

Thanks for the breakdown.

I will clarify what I am calling chi, or life energy, and maybe somebody can correct me, or at least give me their version. It is directly related to living things, or feels so. The abundance seems greater when I work it in the forest. Generally I intake it using the NEW full body circuit through my hands, feet, and skin/pores. Then loop it through, and down into the subnavel storage area. It is not Akasha (or not in the "pure" sense), as I have not been able to smoothly combine the intake of both at the same time. The qualities are different.

For a while now, my use of chi (or whatever) has been to fill storage areas, and/or feed chakras and stoke them once fired up. I guess, on looking at your description, what I am calling chi you call psi. And what I call Akasha resembles what you call life energy which would make sense. It is definately much more solid. I have yet to notice a connection between it and the amount of "life" around me. But then the connection is not to material life (well, directly anyway).

The "amping" of the body was a by product of healing given, combined with an energy body awakening. Generally I use Akasha (life force) to work with others. Everybody I have worked with is capable of generating (well channeling actually) their own, so it keeps my personal energy demands lower, and on more sensitive people they can learn how to do it themselves.

Thank you for the breakdown. With so many different systems out there, it helps to know what terms each group uses for a specific type of energy.

Take care

Nita

Hello Winged Wolf
  I think it is incredibly ignorant to say that people can't draw in other types of energy. Read Intitiation into Hermetics by Franz Bardon, Buddhist manuals etc. You were born with the energy of life and you can live off of chi or any of those energies. Energy is converted by changing the energy signature and can be used in any way.
  There is a tibetian buddhist house protection item that is linked to changing bad energy to good. Dozens of meditations do the same thing. No one has to be a psychic vampire and harm others. Anyone that does do this consciencely is harming themselves worse than others.
  I will give a whole reading list upon request if you still don't know the difference or how to change energy.
  Nita

www.astralhealer.com
www.hermeticuniversityonline.com

kakkarot

but ides my belief system doesn't say anything about explaination, only provokation  :)  just kidding.

WINGED WOLF: don't tell me chi is fictional because i can and DO use it. it is the primary energy form that i work with and it has caused me enough trouble here in calgary (due to the lack of it) that you can't possibly prove to me that it doesn't exist.

next, i have studied the martial arts for half my life and have NEVER heard of any martial art using a "life" energy. the chinese martial arts usually use chi energy, which they secondly call life energy. and the japanese use ki which they secondly call something like internal power or spiritual energy. they almost always use the words chi and ki and then translate them "roughly" into life energy or something else that silly north americans can understand.

it would seem winged wolf that while you do know much, you don't know everything. you seem to be like a teenager who believes he knows everything and that he is always right just because he has only experienced certain things, but since he has experienced lots of them, he figures he has experienced everything. grow up and open your mind.

~kakkarot

Secret of Secrets

kakkarot

well, it seems as though you haven't read the previous post yet, so i guess i will apologize in advance.

I'm sorry for being so mean. but i don't like it when someone who i respect acts in the way you are acting. this is the reason i rebuked you. it is not easy for me to respect someone, and i don't respect a lot of people, but you are one of the few that i do respect, because you (usually) know what you are talking about and are normally mature in the way you deal with things, as well you exibit passion about the things you are interested in and that is something i value in people.

but you have insulted nita in an uncalled for manner, and have tried to deny the information that i have posted as being garbage when i am posting information that is found in cultures that have developed these ideas for hundreds or even thousands of years. this information is not my own, unless i specifically say it is my own experience. and i am far more prone to believe ideas that have been in use for more than ten times my life time and almost completely unchanged for much of it than i am to believe someone who has taken a heavy slant in his learning towards one method and how he sees the world through it when he is talking about things that have nothing to do with that method.

please understand that the names of the energies are merely used as a reference, but none-the-less the fact that they are different IS a significant truth that you have not experienced yet, so i feel that it is uncalled for when you claim that these things i have posted are incorrect or misinformed. these are not things that i have just gone and looked up over the past couple of days, but are things that i have been studying since i was 13 and i have learned how to tell the crap out there from the truth.

~kakkarot

Secret of Secrets

Kristen

Lord have mercy...

Is not! Is so!  Is not!  Is so!!  You're ignorant!  No - You're ignorant!!!  

Neener-neener phthhh!

hushed voiceover:  let us observe now as the alpha female of the pack is confronted by this newcomer to her territory....  the one we have called winged wolf assumes a classic dominant posture.  Note how the intruder reflects this behavior back at the alpha female.  The interchange continues, the two circling each other as they mark their territory.  This is a classic stylized dance of enchroachment, threat, and retreat that we have dubbed "the dance of the dire wolf."  While there is no clear winner today, we are certain that there will be other confrontations, other battles for dominance to come.

This is Kristen for Scientific Geographic Frontiers... join us next time as we study the behaviors of the monkeys of Borneo.

Winged_Wolf

You most likely could have found a more effective way to insult a therianthrope than accusing them of behaving like their phenotype.

As for ki, chi, and kundalini....the words ki and chi come from two different cultures.  Using both of them to refer to two different things is far more absurd than using the term life energy, or soul energy.  

You have STILL failed to define what sets these energies apart from other types, where they come from, and what properties they have.  Just because they "feel different" does not mean they are different types.  I never said chi was fictional, I said the idea that energy comes through you from the universe, and that's what chi is, is fictional.  It doesn't happen.  Your body doesn't draw energy from outside unless you do it deliberately.  People who say they are using chi are using life, psi, or some outside-derived energy that they drew in.  But most martial artists--by OBSERVATION--use life energy.
Observation being a hell of a lot more important than what they choose to call it.  There can be no communication if people refuse to hold up something and say "we call this 'substance x', what do you call it?"

You seem to be insisting on using your own labels (even though they are hopelessly cobbled together from different cultures, and are not distinct from each other in an objective sense), and won't entertain the idea that they could be the same thing that someone else calls by a different label.

--Winged Wolf
--Winged Wolf

Nita

Hello Winged Wolf
  You are not alpha anything. Anyone who is a alpha female doesn't have to state it everyone knows it! The next thing is you may have a fantasy and mental illness trip going on about being a Winged Wolf but you make a lot of mistakes in your methodology of energy.
  I really feel a lot of compassion for you because I know what you will have to pay in this lifetime for your mistakes. You should do some reading and try to learn something  besides thinking that because you can attack people without warning that you are a martial artist and great magician.
  Nita

www.astralhealer.com

Winged_Wolf

Nita, you don't know enough about me, or my school of thought, to judge any "mistakes" I might make.  Your belief that your way is the "right" way is your most obvious downfall.
Nor have I ever claimed to be an alpha, really, that was Kristen's statement.
Besides, if you think the alpha does not need to declare it, you need to study behavioral psychology a lot more closely.  An alpha wolf continually declares his/her status.  As for therianthropy.....it's irrelevent, I simply made a passing comment based on that feeble attempt at an insult.

I am not a martial artist.  I know nothing about it, really.  I am not a magician of any sort.  I am a psion.
Anyone can attack people without warning.  In fact, if you really mean to take them out, it's best to attack without warning.
However, I'm not in the habit of making UNPROVOKED attacks.  And I'm well content with whatever consequences there will be for my actions, because I MEANT those actions.  (I do not, however, believe in the karma nonsense).

As for my "methodology of energy" having a lot of mistakes....I'm willing to bet beyond a shadow of a doubt that I can accomplish, with the system I was trained in, far more, far more quickly, than you can accomplish with yours.  Be glad to put it to the test anytime.
One of us would learn something.

And that's the whole point of it, isn't it.

--Winged Wolf
--Winged Wolf

Ides315

To all.

My "labeling system" is generally meant for my own use, and what seems comfortable for me. No implication that everyone should use it, or that it is even correct, it is just functional.

I did not see much on this thread that should have been construed as provocation for most of it. I agree with and disagree with the perspectives presented here. I even learned a few things. I hope everyone else did also.

Personally I am done with this thread. Just about everyone here had good stuff to offer, but I personally have no need to get in a spitting match to determine who's way is the best. The best way for you is the one that works the best for you. If you don't figure it out this time, well, you will have the chance again.

Best to all

Anonymous

Hey, how's it goin everyone? I'm sort of new to this whole aura/OBE/astral world thing, which I find very interesting and informative, and I was browsing around for topics to learn about in the forum and I stumbled upon this one. Could someone please tell me what a psy-vamp is, exactly? From what I read it sounds like some people are unaware that they are psy-vamps and others are aware. The first impression I get is that they are like black holes for energy. I've been studying kung fu and I'm learning about the body's vital and subtle energies, such as chi (qi), and how to control them, so I thought this seems to tie in with qi. I often feel drained of energy when I'm in class in the morning, despite a good night's sleep, and this has been happening for about a year. Some mornings I can't get up or stay awake in class. I've tried dieting, exercise (kung fu and weight lifting), and a few other things. Nothing seems to work, and I wonder sometimes if I am a psy-vamp or if I know one. Is it possible to develop immunity to them? I agree from what I have read that they are NOT evil, but I think if we can learn how to immune ourselves from them (if it's even possible), maybe we can help them find another source of energy.

Get me my monacle! I want to look rich.

Anonymous

hello.  I'm a novice to the whole astral projection thing and related subjects. I'm curious about these psy-vamps because I get drained of energy a lot but I don't see it being consistent with any specific person's presence. I don't know what these so-called psychic vampires are. Could someone please explain this to me? thanks.

Get me my monacle! I want to look rich.

alchimiste

Ok then Winged Wolf And Kakkarot,

We all have our opinions and we are entitled to them;so without wishing to insult anyone in particular I'll forward an opinion for you to ponder and a method that you can both try.
I'll start with a sweeping statement that will probably get you both heated up but here we go.

All energy is the same!!!!!!!
It's just the frequency that gives it its particular flavour or name. So with this in mind I'll tell you how you can change one energy (or frequency) to another.

Winged wolf; you are no magicien as you have stated above, and Kakkarot you profess to be one and this excercise is very important for a magicien to learn.

High, evolutory magic in its purest form requires very little parafanalia or accessories as it is manipulated at this level by VISUALISATION & INTENTION and its by these two processes that one energy can easily be transformed to another. Your intention to change it WILL change it.
Please try this before you both bite my head off.

happy experimenting

Alchimiste

Alchimiste
(A student of Evolution)

Demande a Dieu et il te repondra....Cherches et tu trouveras....Frappe et l'on t'ouvrira.

alchimiste

Let me explain a little further:

There are two main forms (or frequencies) of energy used by the body and by the magicien.

1: Earth energy or energy of the Divine Mother ( Isis, the Black Virgin, feminine in nature) that rises up in us. (8.0 on a Lecher Antenna)

2: Cosmic energy or energy of the Celestial Father (masculine in nature) that descends into us. (12.0 on a Lecher Antenna)

These two energies (in a healthy person) meet up and combine in the heart chakra.

In a normal healthy person these energies mix, circulate and do their own thing, but in the Magicien these two energies will combine and form any frequency the magicien so wishes whether consciously or unconsciously. ( you see, its how you feel it that dictates how your conscious mind interprets and names it)
The magicien can dictate the mix to raise or lower his conscience to work a particular frequency or type of energy.
These levels of conscience correspond to the different charkas:

1.   Center of security (root chakra)
2.   center of sensation
3.   center of power
4.   center of unconditional Love
5.   center of abundance
6.   center of the conscious observation
7.   center of cosmic consciousness (crown chakra)

To transform and manipulate energy to a higher level the Magicien must be able to vibrate at that level and it is only by raising his consciousness to that level that he/she will be able to do this.
It is much easier to transform higher energy to lower energy as we already exist at the lower vibrational levels (most unevolved people exist in the first three centers and stay there)
A magicien that exists in the heart center or above has the capacity to transform all energy to the level that he/she has attained and it is by INTENTION that this transformation of energy is made possible.

I hope this has clarified my above post. Any Q's please fire away!

Alchimiste

Alchimiste
(A student of Evolution)

Demande a Dieu et il te repondra....Cherches et tu trouveras....Frappe et l'on t'ouvrira.

kakkarot

alchimeste: actually, i have never professed to be a magician. i don't use magic. i use chi, and ki, and am beginning to use psionics. and really, the energies i use are different. magical energies might be able to be thought of as one form of energy with different frequencies, i don't know since i don't use them, but chi and ki are definately two different things.

oh, and here winged wolf: http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1449 .  this is a thread where i gave fenris the descriptions of chi, kundalini, and ki based on the cultural beliefs of the cultures they come from. now i'm wondering if it is really likely that people who believe in such widely different descriptions of energy would be using the same energy. i highly doubt it. especially when you go even deeper into the cultures and figure out the many ways in which their individual energies helped to shape their culture or how their cultural habit helped them to find their specific form of energy.

~kakkarot

Secret of Secrets

alchimiste

Excuse me for noticing Kakkarot,
I've just read your last post to flying free bird and for a non magicien you certainly seem to give out a lot of so called magical advice, I remember back when you were talking about weather manipulation in a certain thread and Thats just two posts you've made ( I've not taken the liberty to read all your posts, interesting as they might be) I'm sure youve made many magical references and yes I'm afraid to tell you that you DO use magic even though you think not. Magic is not an energy it is a state of mind to manipulate energy so face it Kakkarot you are a magicien like it or not.
Take this as a complement, not an insult please.
The only difference between Chi and Ki is your intention, the way YOU feel it, the way YOU use it, the way YOU draw it in, as when you access it it is YOU that dictates its flavour, its frequency and in the end its name.Remember as one of this forums illustrious members Qui-Gon JInn would say in his tag "Your focus determines your reality"
Its a subtle thought!!!!!!
btw psionics is magic as well.

Alchimiste

Alchimiste
(A student of Evolution)

kakkarot

first off, i do not define magic as just any old manipulation of the universe. i see magic as an energy (actually, i don't see the energy, i feel it). it has a very distinct "flavour" to it, so there is no mistake for me that i am not using it.

next, just because i don't practice and use magic, does not mean that i don't know anything about it. i have researched much, and when many people who seem to know what they are talking about all say the same things about magic and things relating to magic, then it is probably either true or close enough that i could believe it to be so. however, i don't recall ever getting into an argument with someone who shows a lot of knowledge about magic as to whether i am right about something regarding magic or if they are right.

and finally, psionics is not magic. it IS manipulating the universe, but then again, i can pick up my bag (with my hand) and move it and that is still manipulating the universe, right? is that then magic? if it were, then magic would become a catch phrase and would be heavily distorted from its original context. so to believe that EVERYTHING metaphysical is magic, is a true mis-statement. that would be like saying God's divine power is merely magic, or that reiki is magic, etc. and so far, the only people who i have found who define magic in this way are the ones who refuse to believe that there ARE indeed other forms of energy out there.

and if you could please refresh my memory, what was my last post to flying free bird? i'm not usually able to remember much about where and what i posted in these forums since most of my time is spent living in the so-called "real world", which i guess i'll just have to get used to  ;)

~kakkarot

Secret of Secrets

kakkarot

"and if you could please refresh my memory, what was my last post to flying free bird?" oh, wait... i found it!  :)

yeah. i find that many things that can be done with magic can also be done with chi, so i use chi in ways that might be considered similar to magic, but the biggest difference is that chi can't be used to say... cast a spell to get you a parking lot downtown. nope, you have to use magic for that one  :)  . chi can be used to create a shield however, since it is spiritual in nature, it is good to have to block out spiritual things.

plus, i play lots of dungeons and dragons (you should hear some of the stories about things i've done in that game), and lots of the ideas in that game can be, more or less, applied to real life situations. who'd of thought? :D

~kakkarot

Secret of Secrets

Winged_Wolf

No one's going to agree, clearly. :D

The ONLY WAY you're going to resolve this is to get yourselves into a chatroom or something, and play show and tell.  You hold up an energy type, and you let the OTHER person tell you what THEY call it.  And you accept that.  Then you tell them what YOU call it.
By the end, each of you knows what the other is looking at, and what they call it.
Go on, I dare ya.

--Winged Wolf
--Winged Wolf

Nita

Hello Winged Wolf
  The reason why it is called so many different names is because there are that many different ways to access it. I suggest that you study some books. You will find some really thought provoking ones out there if you look.
  Alchimiste good description and  post. It also shows there is no reason to attach to a person and use their energy. Karma is something everyone can scoff at until they in retrospect look back upon their lives. It is a good subject to also readup upon. People are so into a lot of these subjects because of the Fantasy books and Hollywood subjects out upon the media. They should have to realize that doing wrong will continue you into a downspiral in life once the evil matures to the point where it occurs.
  Nita
Even the evil meet with good fortune as long as their evil has yet to mature. But when it's matured that's when they meet with evil. Even the Good meet with bad fortune as long as their good has yet to mature. But when it's matured that's when they meet with good fortune.
Dhammapada 9, Translated by Thannisaro Bhikku

www.astralhealer.com

Winged_Wolf

I learned psionics from an actual mentor.  Not from a book.  Books are inferior when it comes to learning about energy-working.
I own over 3000 of them, myself.
I've read up on several occult systems, of course not all of them.  I'm not particularly interested in reading up on all of them.  I prefer real observation to relying on others' observations.

I'm not interested in how you ACCESS energy.  I'm interested in what TYPE you are using, because different types work better if you handle them differently.   The only way to be sure of type is to hold it up and let a person tell you what they call that TYPE.  Assuming they have perception developed enough to tell the difference.  Why is it you seem to have something against that notion?  Are you worried that someone else might perceive something more acutely and with more detail than you do?

I can look back upon my life, and see absolutely no evidence whatsoever to support the notion of karma.  Nothing.
If it's different for you, that's great--but don't assume I'm either lying or blind because it's not true for me.  That's the sort of nasty religious thinking that has led to warfare and torture throughout the history of this world--the assumption that your way is the right way, and if others don't see it, they're fools.

Nature does not recognize "good" or "evil".  Those are completely subjective things.  The Universe has no morality, it does not care what you do.  

Scary thought....you are FREE.  Very scary.  No one will stomp you if you misbehave--no grand force will smite you if you do wrong.  You have to rely on yourself to police your own actions simply because YOU believe it is right to do so.......
Very scary.
Amazing how people want to give up that responsibility--the ultimate freedom--in favor of a dogma that equates universal punishment with misbehavior.

By the way....if you really think that karma is about getting bad back when you do bad, you don't understand the actual concept of karma.  Just the modern newage one.

--Winged Wolf
--Winged Wolf

Synapse

i dont think vampires are as bad as everyone makes out. i dont know any phy vampires but i am friends with a sang and he only feeds of people with their consent. he has a list of doners to supply him. i know that it is easier for a phy to feed without consent but i think most of them dont.

there is a list of rules fo the comunity which teach respect and honesty. i really dont believe phy vampires are the major cause of energy draining. there are a lot more non physical animals that are much worse.

#

Nita

Hello Everyone
  I suggest that you check out www.quinotar.org if you think they don't feed off of unwilling victims. I guess some people think that can rationalize things by claiming to be predators and it is OK to do this to others. They use psionics and all  sorts of methods to do it which are stated at the website.
  I guess the psionics and the thought of being a cool predator appeals to some people. I guess that is what has kept this going like it is a real energy problem instead of a selfish inhuman act.
  Nita

www.astralhealer.com