News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Defense against human psychic attacks?

Previous topic - Next topic

Adrian

Greetings Joe!

I believe you make a good point here.

While people talk about possessions and other attacks by various entities collectively known as "negs", we should never forget that psychic attacks can and often do originate from the physical plane by, e.g. black magicians and others up to no good. This is even more the case recently with the availability of these so called "Radionics" devices, which anyone can abuse if they so desire.

It also depends upon your definition of a "psychic attack". In my view, any attempt to subvert the free will of another person, e.g. to make a member of the opposite sex attracted to the person attempting this, is a psychic attack.

The most powerful defense is to create a psychic defense shield which not only deflects attacks, but also warns you of the occurence of such an attack as it happens, providing the option identifying its source, of deciding what to do about it on a case by case basis.

The thing NOT to do is to pro-actively retaliate (in my opinion of course) - in other words launch a seperate counter attack. Reflecting dark energy directed at you though is a different matter.  We should (again in my opinion) work FOR the light and not against the dark. The forces including those of Karma will always prevail in order to bring about balance.

With best regards,

Adrian.
https://ourultimatereality.com/
Vincit Omnia Veritas

Joe

Hey Adrian,

Thanks v much for the info - this is exactly the sort of thing I'm looking for. How does one create the shield? Is this similar to an LBRP or MPR astral operation? And what skills do I need to make this effective? I'm looking specifically for methods of unconscious defence (ie, create once and defence is contiuously active)

A related practice is the creation of an elemental/servitor, as given in IIH (as you'd know being a Bardon student), but this is a very advanced practice and not something the beginning student can accomplish.

Along the lines of counter-attack, I agree that sensible ethical boundaries should exist, although I would not rule out weakening or constraining an attacker (energetic depletion/vampirism, or summoning neutral entities) in the same fashion as one would constrain a would-be assailant physically.

Also, a human attacker posesses advantages that negs do not have: presumably impervious to running water, can locate someone's body while OBE themselves (hence no "run" option), renewable energy source, etc.

Do let me know if you know of techniques and/or experiences I can apply...

All the best mate.

Adrian

Greetings Joe!

I personally don't  think an Elemental/Elementary is the answer to this - although of course they can be useful providing you instruct them when to dissolve themselves after completing their task, or after a certain time, otherwise they can start doing their own thing and might cause mischief  http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile.gif" border=0>

The shield I was referring to would be a Magically created shield, and which could operate at physical, Astral (Soul) and Mental (Spirit) levels or any combination thereof. The MPR would probably raise the necessary Magical energy, but you then need to use it effectively to create and maintain a shield.  The LBRP in my opinion would be more of a spontaneous defense thing against entities, although I am sure if performed regularly it would effect some protection - but probably not against direct psychic attack from another person.

As for the Karmic side of things - it is surely a matter for each person to decide for themselves,  we are all responsible for our own Karma.  I think that reflecting energy back to the originator would be acceptable I would think, providing it was simply deflecting the energy back in the same form as it arrived. The originator is then responsible for their own actions. I am of the view that any attempt to add power to the reflected energy, in order to cause incremental harm, would be the same as a psychic attack, and would be not be Karmically acceptable.

But as I said - we are all responsible for our own Karma.

Best regards,

Adrian.

Vincit Omnia Veritas

Joe

Hey - thanks Adrian. What exactly is the procedure for the creation of a Magickal shield, and how is it different than other banishings? Strengths/weakness, and lifetime would be great if you know them? I'm really looking for the procedure if anyone knows of such.

RE: elemental creation - you are right in that they should be dissolved correctly, but this is not the huge issue that many seem to think it is, even though Bardon is explicit (he also says that touching a person's body while OBE will kill them instantly and that the silver cord can be broken!!). A number of practitioners I know use elementals to enforce strict protection measures against themselves and close ones, which is great except I'm still battling with balancing the elements in myself http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile_sad.gif" border=0>.

And yes, Karmic observance is a subjective matter http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile.gif" border=0>.

Please, if anyone has the practicals on such defence techniques, how to implement them, and what they protect against and do not protect against.

Many thanks.

cainam_nazier

Adrian-

You mentioned "Radionic" devices.  What is that?  I do not believe I have heard of them before.

Joe-

Check out these links.  They have some information on shield generation as well at other topisc on Psi related things.

http://www.thepsionguild.net/
http://www.psychogenesis.kaosu.co.uk

David Rogalski
cainam_nazier@hotmail.com

justine

Hermits Unite

Nita

Hello Joe and everyone
  You make sure that the inside of the house is banished, and protective symbols or seals are in place so nothing can enter. I then encircle the house.
  I always suggest that if the person isn't used to visualization that they start with a herbal aid. The buddhists use rice and the american indians use cornmeal as a gift to the earth mother. You then add to this any protective herbs. Rosemary, mint, garlic, dill, thyme, foenugreek seeds,  or any protective herbs that you find listed anywhere.
  You pray over the herbs and then you sprinkle it in a circle around your home. You visualze a line of energy and force going up, down and around the home. The end result is it being enclosed in a refelective bubble where you are sealed from all harm.
  You can also draw symbols upon 4 stones and place them on the corners of your property. You can then sprinkle any of the herbs that encircled your house upon the edges of the property to join the wards together there.
  I also want to comment that as you practice then you won't need the physical aides but will be able to set up the wards by yourself.
  Nita

www.astralhealer.com
www.hermeticuniversityonline.com

Joe

Hi Nita - thanks v much for the detailed reply.

If you have time, my main question is what the above method protects against specifically? ie, if a human were to send negative/destructive thought patterns would this stop them as do other shields? Would it stop a curse/hex, which is not quite "directional"? Would it stop a human during OBE who attacks a target in the RTZ? Would it prevent an evoked entity from carrying out an attack that was commanded by a LHP? etc

Sorry to be verbose, but this is the nuts and bolts of defence against other humans of ill intent, and I'd love to hear your thoughts... http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile.gif" border=0>

Joe

chromed

Joe,

What Nita described will protect you quite well in most cases from general unpleasentness, even if you've never had any real experience setting something like this up. Particularly relavent is the idea of physically anchoring the shield (like to the 4 rocks) . I've also heard of another technique invovling anchoring the shield to a single rock and bury the rock under a newly planted tree. The idea there is that the tree becomes part of the physical part of the shield, and becomes a living guardian. Of course, if you live someplace with four seasons, you might want to make sure the tree is an evergreen or the like.

However, if someone wants to get to you, they still can, no matter what type of shield you have up. Goes along the same lines that if someone can build it, somelese can break it... or just sidestep it. For example, if someone has a good, strong link to you (ie. something like your hair/blood/clothing/etc), that kind of shield isn't going to do a whole lot.

I have to believe that the number of persons actually suffering from magical attack out there is pretty small (though this board seems to have it's share), so chances are most people will never have to deal with a magical attack from another person. My personal opinion is that if you are under attack, you're best option is to fight it head on, be a warrior and learn some tradition of magic to defend yourself and yours with.

You also asked the difference between a sheild and a banishing, so I figure I'll throw my two cents in on this too. IMO, the purpose of a shield is block/disrupt maleific links and attempts create such links. The theory being that magic has to have a "thread" between to people to work, and the better the connection, the better the results of the magic. BRs, on the other hand, deal with removal of general classes of energies from the micro-or-macrocosm. BRs can remove entities, but they work by removing the energy the entity is using to manifest with.  So, to my way of thinking, BRs and shields are very different. Oh, and a LBRP isn't really going to do you a whole lot of good anyway, at least not on this plane. The symbolism of the pentagram is that of the microcosm... things messing with you during your waking/non-astral hours are probably dealing with you on a macrocosmic level, and would have to be banished with the same (once again, in my ever-so-humble opinion).

chromed

Galgorth

I think that, at times, I inadvertently drain people; I've noticed this whenever I raise energy (I do this all the time), sometimes people around me start to cough and they become tired. I always send energy back at them, and the symptoms seem to go away, but I would like to be able to raise/manipulate energy around others without negatively affecting them. Any suggestions?

Nita

Hi Joe
  It is a good defence against most methods as Chromed commented. A person who is out to get you will always try to break your wards where it can become a art form almost on how to set them up. I always ward the telephone and computer also.
  The importance of wards is as a warning system and line of defence. Banishing gets rid of influences. The best thing is to do a spell or ritual to break the links to your artifacts(hair, blood, email messages and writing etc.) This resolves how they trace the energy signature to you. It just quits existing so unless they have met you or talked to you they have no way to find you.
  Energy signatures are the complex notes, vibrations, colors and tones that a person gives off every day. Everyone has a energy signature and that is what is used to trace you.
  I have many different tricks on how to avoid people finding me. It would take a really long email to write all of them. It is true that people who curse others aren't that common. I do know that if it is just one person in your life who does it that is still to many.
  Wards help with visualization, and mental control. They make a good exercise and the ones anchored into the earth are the easiest ones to start out with.
  Nita

www.astralhealer.com

Ashfo

quote:
Originally posted by Adrian:

It also depends upon your definition of a "psychic attack". In my view, any attempt to subvert the free will of another person, e.g. to make a member of the opposite sex attracted to the person attempting this, is a psychic attack.

Adrian, Im curious as to how this would work... I've only recently become interested in AD, but it seems to me that if you could directly affect someones mind to the point of changing their emotions then you could do similar things but in a helpful way - healing depression, mental illness's etc... Do you have any more information on these "mind effect techniques"?

Seems like yet another interesting area in AD :)

Ashfo

quote:
Originally posted by justine:
here is an interesting link to some radionic software
http://www.tifareth.com/tifareth.html

there is also one called cybershaman i think.

Hermits Unite

I downloaded that program (Im trying to change my drinking habits) but it seems to incredibly... far fetched?

Every person has a RIN #... but a RIN # is only 3 digits... therefore every RIN number must have millions of people connected to it....

it just seems.. far fetched?
hehe

- Ashfo

Nita

Hi Ashfro
  I have heard about radionics but I am not really into it. I do want to comment that you can help a person with depression, and other emotions that could harm them. The point is that they request your help or you ask for their permission to help.
  I help people all the time who are under attack. I always have their permission to help. The main things curses, entities, pyschic vampires and such do is to remove all the choices that can bring good to someone. It leaves the person picking which of the bad choices he has left is the least harmful. It can ruin a persons life and it is mainly over control, jealousy, envy or anger.
  Love magic, and anything else which affects someones will is wrong. It isn't wrong to remove the things which prevent a person from finding happiness. It has to be done in such a way that it is the persons free choice.
  I always use bindings, banishings and reversals when I help others. Bindings just binds the persons ability to curse others. They can still do good but most of them think their only power is when they manipulate and control others.
  The reversals send the energy back to the person cursing you that they send out. It must be done when you are calm, have no negative emotions about the person cursing you, and done without any emotional attachment to the results. (example-wanting them to suffer the same accident you did).
  It does influence someones life but only to the point where they have to learn what problems they have caused others. I will never attack anyone because that can be reversed upon the person who does it. It inclues any of the methods of trying to rip, rend and tear them to pieces. I feel that this drags you down to the same level as they are at. I do not want to feel that I am just as bad as the people I am defending others against. I know that there are plenty of people who feel attacking someone who has cursed you is the only way to go. I do not believe this and my experiences has made it where if I was wrong I would know it by now.
  The first thing my old teacher did was have us do a spell that could be reversed and then reverse it upon us. I don't intend to experience that again and I know every spell I do and how to undo it.
  You can help a lot of people just by getting their permission to help. Do a banishing for them to remove the problems they are having. You then do a spell to bring good and hapiness into their lives. You don't structure the way you want it to go. Healing bad situations can be very rewarding.
  Nita

www.astralhealer.com

justine

Hermits Unite

Ashfo

Tina, wouldnt it theoretically be possible to cure others of their diseases without their consent, as Im sure that noone would give their consent for being emotionally altered to the point of liking someone they originally disliked... as was suggested possible by Adrian.

Just theorising :)

- Ashfo

Frater

The most dangerous magical assault would be one where the sender evokes
an entity, (entity must be wholly negative in nature, eg. one of the darker Goetic beings, or a Kellipotic entity, etc.) and then commands the entity to psychically pester and harm the intended victim. Oftentimes if the operation is a complete success, the victim will be influenced to commit suicide. Attacks such as these are very very rare, but are effective because the energy raised through ceremonial magic, coming from a Higher Plane are lasting and there is impetus as the being evoked has been commanded by God names and must accomplish it's mission or it will feel the punishment of Astral fire or psychic whips.
However such an advanced operaton can only be performed by a genuine temple adept, at least with the grade of Magister Templi. Adepts of such advanced abilities would never perform such magic due to many reasons.Their highly evolved spirituality would never condone of such a thing.Their magical vows have forbidden them from such black operations. And of course the karmic backlash would be fast and furious.
The more enlightened you are the more severe your karmic debt.The most glaring example would be the case of Aleister Crowley. A genuine Magus who through drugs and wanton living degenerated into a helpless pauper in his later years.Crowley had performed many high level magical attacks against his superiors in the GD, like McGregor Mathers and his wife.

The more common "psychic attacks" would be those of Poppet magic, psychotronic machine manipulation(radionics),etc. Essentially Low Magic.
Because the energy used comes from a Lower Plane and the operation lacks a divine purpose, and in fact opposes the Divine purpose, such attacks can be stopped and the energy sent back to the sender.
In all cases if your Auric shield is strong very rarely can the negative energy penetrate the etheric body. So energize and charge up your aura, through meditation and visualization.
There are many techniques available to help you.The literature on this subject is excellent and widely available.
Another safeguard is to be more mindfull of your thoughts and actions. Let your WILL direct your actions in life. Make sure it is in accordance with your essential nature. With such vigilance any negative energy that has penetrated your auric shield will find it hard to lodge itself into your mind. Such thoughtforms are immediately destroyed once you acknowledge them.
Love your God and be positive in life. Belief in God and other protective beings like the Virgin Mary can be very powerful so there is no need to be overly paranoid. Negativity breeds the dark thoughtforms and provides an entryway for outside forces to influence you. If you are a decent and good person, you are living in accordance with Divine purpose and as such you already have the requisite protection by your Divine right, and most low magic attacks will not affect you.

Joe

Thanks one and all for the detailed responses...especially Frater & Nita.

I hope you don't mind if I ask the question from a different angle (please don't get the wrong idea) - under what circumstances can a trained practitioner make a strike against someone (for various reasons) without human or karmic repercussions? ie, if someone is injured in any of sundry ways (not necessarily magically), what recourse does one have to act against the offender without (a) contravening Divine Providence, (b) being exposed to return/retaliatory measures?

Of course, I expect the answer in many cases to be, "Can't be done", but surely there are ways to enforce one's will without behaving like a LHP? Anyway, as you may have guessed, this was the real motivation for me asking the original question, and I'd appreciate some practical advice. I take these matters very seriously, and wouldn't dare offend the grace that God has given me, but this is a legitimate question I face at my current stage of development.

Frater - as you mention, assault by evocation of a Goetic entity would incur deep karmic penalty, and of course I don't want to do this, although is it necessary to reach Magister Templi to perform this operation successfully. I am currently using basic GD rituals and these produce expected results in the majority of attempts. I realise in many systems (eg, Bardon) this work is left until the practitioner has mastered many prior steps, but is this absolutely necessary?

(PS: Maybe not the best forum, but I can see there are some experienced practitioners out there with good advice, so I'll ask it anyway..)

Many thanks and Blessings.

Joe

Adrian

Greetings Frater!

Welcome indeed to our humble forums, and thank you very much indeed for your really excellent message above. I look forward to your ongoing participation here http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile.gif" border=0>

With best regards,

Adrian.
Vincit Omnia Veritas

Joe

NOTE: I think the msg this reply was based just went missing somehow, but if you've got some info Frater, the stuff below is my motivation/reasoning. Ta!

G'day Adrian - some salient points http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile.gif" border=0> These aspects really are the crux of the question, but I guess I have a different opinion on most of them to yourself :-

- I agree that " 'good' and 'evil' are merely human concepts ", which is why imputing Karmic consequence from any action is always subjective. Who can say that a certain action we embark on is not the karmic *repayment* and not the karmic *debt*, which is the scenario I was wondering about. Tikune is a very complex matter, which is why I feel the need to compare various well-read conjecture (mine included) against the experience of a practicing magician.

- Along the same lines, if it were an instrument of karma, who is to say that it is not the realm of High Magic and without Divine Assistance, and that one should not evoke a higher-plane entity to assist?

- Regarding evocation itself, the debate continues as to whether any evocation is subjective or objective. There are very experienced Bardon students (regulars on FranzBardonMagi) who believe that these are subjective at a high level anyway. I'd also have to disagree that because one has not balanced elements in oneself, it is by definition a hallucination, as the phenomena meet the same criteria as any other for objectivity. It's just that the Magus is evoking as Deity, while the student is conjuring via God-names (as Bardon would say, a "sorcerer" [:P]) Also, only a weak or foolhardy practitioner would enter into a pact with Goetic entities, if you even attempted to evoke them at all!

- Generally, I do not subscribe to the rigid morality that is the constant subtext in Bardon's instructions. I don't dispute that such exists - just that I don't take it as a given. There are many instances where Bardon says things that are flagrantly untrue; for which purpose I couldn't say.

As mentioned, if you're reading Frater, I do sincerely want to hear if you've got some advice on the above.

Cheers!

chromed

Though I'm a little behind, I thought I'd throw in my two cents on the subject.

I respectfully disagree with some of what Frater said. First of all, evoked enties are not neccessarily the most dangerous of attacks. There are a host of things a person can do to another person magickally that, cerimonial or not, can kill them or at least reduce them to a gibbering idiot who doesn't know who or what they are, and more important, are very hard to defend against.  Evoking demons to do the job is actually the easy way out... they do all the hard work, you just pay the price (or don't, depending on how you do it... in my experience though, nothing's free).  And you don't have to be a magister templi to evoke... rank amatuers get themselves in trouble with all the time.

You asked about when can you attack someone else magickally and not expect repercussions... I'd liken it to wondering when can you walk up and punch someone and not expect reprocussions? The answer is: you can't. Actions have consequences (non-action has it's price too). Don't get me wrong: if you think it's worthy fighting for, then by all means jump in and bloody the guy's nose (unless your magickal tradition and training dictate that you can't). Personally, I occassionally like to think of myself as karma in action :) Mostly, though, I'm just protecting me and mine. No soldier goes into battle expecting to be invunerable, no matter how righteous the cause, and the same holds true with magick. I also wouldn't worry too much about being a LHPer. Frankly, in my experience,  LHP is a label applied by high-minded, self-righteous individuals to anyone who disagrees with them (same goes for the whole White Brotherhood/Black Lodges deal, imo). Typically, the bigger the ego, the quicker they are to label you. Of course, I could just be a black brother trying to seduce you to the dark side... muhahahhahaha!

All kidding aside, if you're really worried about the karmic implications of attacking someone, then simply bind them so they can't hurt anyone, or at least lack the motivation to. There are plenty of sources on what do do and how to do it, so I'll leave as an exercise to the reader to figure a way out.

chromed

Joe

G'day all,

There have been a large number of threads/articles on psychic self-defense against non-physical entities - what about other humans / LHP practitioners who mean to do one harm? Are there effective counter-measures against this? You would think it's pretty hard to "run and hide" from that sort of battle....Apart from a number of banishing rituals and higher entity intervention, I'm not sure if there are good methods?....I guess you could always evoke something nasty as a counter-attack, but that would have bad karmic consequences....

Would love to hear if someone is experienced in this.

Joe