News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

deja vu

Previous topic - Next topic

zorgblar

NoY

it could be you getting programmed a few weeks in advance and then you remember you have done it before in your sleep

:NoY:

personalreality

i second that NoY.

it seems to be an interesting possibility that you experience a precognitive dream or projection.
be awesome.

karenprosen

I read somewhere that deja-vu is just remembering parts of your life you already planned out, providing that you are on board with the notion that we plan everything about our lives before we incarnate. That's personally my favorite explanation of deja-vu. It just resonates with me very well.
Some celestial event. No - no words. No words to describe it. Poetry! They should've sent a poet. So beautiful.

personalreality

i heard somewhere that it means the machines reprogrammed something in the matrix.

(couldn't help it, sorry)

:lol:
be awesome.

Stookie

My theory: Deja-vu is when your brain has a hiccup and the sensory input coming in is firing neurons that normally only fire when we're recollecting a memory, and it gives you a sense that what is presently happening is a memory. You're really malfunctioning. I don't think it has anything supernatural to it. Everyone experiences it.

I suppose sufficient study in a lab can't really be done on it because you can't make it happen, it just does at random.

personalreality

Since it's not necessarily empirically testable (and therefore not falsifiable) then there is an equal possibility that it is a 'metaphysical' phenomena, perhaps a glimpse of a future event or maybe even a perception of a preordained situation. 
be awesome.

Stookie

It could, but no one ever gains anything from it or sees the future. It's just a "weird" feeling that pretty much everyone gets at any age. If you could actually say what is about to happen before it does or learn something from it, then I would be more on that side, but that never happens. You just go "whoa, deja-vu". Preferably in a Keanu Reeves voice.

CFTraveler

Naykid

Quote from: karenprosen on October 05, 2010, 17:28:40
I read somewhere that deja-vu is just remembering parts of your life you already planned out, providing that you are on board with the notion that we plan everything about our lives before we incarnate. That's personally my favorite explanation of deja-vu. It just resonates with me very well.

Yep, I like that one too!  :-)

Taoistguy

One thing I experience alonside (or within) my deja vu expereineces are a feeling of completeness. This never seems to get mentioned when I read about other people's experiences. It's like some kind of 'marker' in my life. More than "this has happened before"; like a "this has happened before AND I understand because of my awareness of it at this moment that I also feel a connectedness to the Universe".

CFTraveler

Quote from: Taoistguy on December 01, 2010, 19:57:50
One thing I experience alonside (or within) my deja vu expereineces are a feeling of completeness. This never seems to get mentioned when I read about other people's experiences. It's like some kind of 'marker' in my life. More than "this has happened before"; like a "this has happened before AND I understand because of my awareness of it at this moment that I also feel a connectedness to the Universe".

Yes, I sense this also.  Sometimes I look around, to see if there is something about it that I'm supposed to notice.

FadeEsdrasX

It is interesting to me that experiences of deja-vu seemed to increase in number for me after I had begun
to meditate somewhat frequently. I wonder why that is?

[N = R* fp ne fl fi fc L]

Naykid

Maybe because you are more 'in tune'. 

I just had a wicked long Deja-vu about a month ago...  I could almost grasp what was suppose to be coming next.  The intensity is what is getting stronger for me, not the frequency.