News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Deleted

Previous topic - Next topic

lateralus897

Thank you very much Timeless, very helpful, informative, and reassuring!

Goldenshadow

I agree. Negs are a form of the shadow and the shadow is a reflection of the unknown true self. When we have an encounter with negs we are doing shadow work. An integration of a dark facet moving towards wholeness. Although to the ego and conscious mind we seldom understand that most of what we view is a projection. This does not mean that demons or negs do not have thier own awarness though. An encounter with a neg can leave someone fealing vamped and off balance because the ego does not understand that there is an energy transference taking place with a complex (splintered self). If we are able to withdraw our deminization and reflect upon the disowned self then we would understand that it is just a movment of energy from self...to self...Like a breath.

Celeste

quote:
"Only the Shadow knows."
They also say "Ignorance is bliss..." :-)  Robert Bruce must have quite some shadow work to do.

manuel

wow, very well written and very informative there, i enjoyed it a lot.

Celeste

Hello Timeless

quote:
I would say ignorance about self leads ultimately to breakdown not bliss. If you just keep shoving stuff down the hole it is bound to come back and bite you. Usually when you haven't got the energy to suppress it anymore

...perhaps in your situation you were actually bothered by negative thoughtforms of your own making. This is not uncommon, however, it's not I think the situation that these folks are talking about.

There also seems to be and assumption that others have not done shadow work. Some maybe have & some not. I do not think doing shadow work or other psychological work precludes these experiences. These experiences can happen for a variety of reasons.  Some things exist that are unpleasant & that we don't always have nice little tidy answers to.  If believing otherwise makes people feel better, fine. This is the "ignorance is bliss" I was referring to, as you well know.

I don't see myself as "dismissing" your opinion but advocating for people who could use it as they are told by others overtly & covertly that their psychic experience is "all in their head."
This Forum is for people who are experiencing Psychic Attack to tell their tale, ask questions and get support. If it worries some people then I suggest don't read it, it's not for you. Until you experience it & need Robert's book I can understand trying to distance yourself from it. Balance is always the key. Overly focusing on this stuff is not good either.

And what difference does it make how many people are in agreement?  As Shania Twain says, "That Don't Impress Me Much"  <shrug>  :)  

Have a good one, Celeste

goingslow

I think its good to look at all possiblities.  

I think there are entities out there that are seperate from ourselves.  But Now that i've been here for a while I see more and more blaming entities for things going wrong in a persons life.  

From what I understand RB has clairvoyant gifts so most entites he is able to see or really sense and feel.  But more and more I see People saying the reason they lost their job was an entity...or its why someone gave them a weird look in a store.  

I've had many waking paralysis experiences and many spontaneous OBE's/lucid dreams.  In these cases I saw entities and/or felt them.  BUT Even though I saw them im still not sure they aren't a manifestation of my fear.  I dont like for people to say "oh its just your fear" but its something i try to judge for myself.

I think the shadow comes into play in the astral where thought creates form.  Without a doubt there are genuine possessions and attacks in my opinion.  But sometimes its good for a person to work on their "shadow" issues just to make themselves stronger.  It never hurts to work on yourself.  If you see you have problems then its good to deal with these first so you can rule them out if nothing else.

I had an experience that wasn't just astral though.  It involved lights pulsating and my dog cowering. And more things I dont really want to get into.  It was when i lived in a house where many weird things happened.  For example, the person who stayed in my room before me woke up and couldnt move.  Then she had a boyfriend over and he woke up with a kidney problem so had to be rushed to the hospital.  The cat was paralyzed in the closet another morning.  And a seperate boyfriend woke up and couldnt walk because his back gave out.  The person that lived there before her called up the landlord saying there were people on the roof and something was following her.  The landlord told me all this after I asked him if anything else weird had happened.  I didnt tell him about my attack though, we just moved out.
So because this happened to so many others i believe it was a real entity.  

However, the things i encounter in sleep and lucid dreams I dont know for sure aren't a part of me.

Goldenshadow

We are all ignorant...we all project our ideas. How we approach the unknow is what is most important. I can say with great confidence the all "negs" are not only a form of the shadow...but also a reflection of the demonized self. But keep in mind that all in our reality that we see as being outside the ego is disowned. Much like a dream we creat separate personas that we think is not of the psyche until after waking from the dream to find it was "all in our heads". Do not limit subjective material, for what is psyche is also matter. Even in quantum physics ,depending on your outlook, light will manifest as a collapsed partical or stay in the potentiality of a wave. This holds true to "negs". If I place my energy in the reality of being attacked by an outside influence wich I did not provoke and was not manifested by the self then I become a victim. I become a victom even if I "choose" to attack back or protect myself in some manner. At the heart of the shadow is the understanding that we are not victims but instead reclaimers of the god self. I have had thousands of sleep paralysis episodes and hundreds of "neg" attacks while sleeping and awake. That is the one problem I had with Roberts book PSSD is that it didnt get to the core understanding of what is really going on (in my opinion) and remained in the perspective of the conscious/ego mind. Integration is the key...there is something to learn from all.

goingslow

What comes off as weird to me sometimes is so many people say "its this and this".  Instead of "in my experience" or "i think".  What people are doing is making their experience everybodys and making conclusions based on what they believe things to be.  

In that case I can understand what Celeste was saying.  

I also have had many sleeping paralysis episodes as i put up there.  And woke up to entities in my room while i was having them. Strangly I still dont think i have it all figured out.  One thing I like about robert bruce is he uses a lot of "in my experience".  Luckily very few of the people here preach and tell people how it is.  I like when people give their perspective but dont tell others what they are experiencing.

Goldenshadow

Who is preaching? who has it all figured out? We all share...

Goldenshadow

I made this post July 21, 2002. Its somewhat realated so I shall repeat it...

Well Im just about done reading Practical Psychic Self Defence and to be honest I am sleeping less these days. I understand why Robert put this book out there, being this is such an important subject that for the most part is not delt with. I am 24 yrs of age and have been raised with white magic/alchemy/ritual/and other influences (most of wich being positive). I have always been very sesitive to "energies" both positive and negative. Since I was young I have had many episods of sleep paralisis and demonic forces seemingly vamping my energy. I am about as open minded as they get. Yet I dont choose to put energy into any idea that passes me by. Now if I had not experienced and seen the things I have, I would most likely dismiss this book as nonsense that should not even be published. I would think that this book would only create paranoid morons that spend there time jumping over running water to get the voices out of their head. Sometimes I think it would be easier if I was more ignorant of the other dimensions for my own health. Being I have an understanding that there is a truth in books like PSSD I also feel blessed because it seems to be rare for others to even try to understand what is really going on around us. Before reading this book I felt that there was some demonic type force invading my space over the yrs. I Felt that it had been effecting my family and I, just about totaly going unnoticed to everyone else. If there really is a "Neg" or "Negs" that effect me. They seem to basically hold you back in life keeping your spirit paralised just enough so that you would not suspect anything. A type of physical and mental break down wich is done to keep the pray weakened wich in turn gives them more power. Reading PSSD has at this point made the psychic attacks seemingly worse. I am not totally done with the book and not gone full foce in the practices that PSSD offers (I have stepped over a few running water hoses though!). Personaly I felt I needed some Psychic Self Defense just to read this book! The first part of the book is VERY hard to read if someone is truly being attacked by negs. I wish Robert had put more time in how he informed us. Maybe just giveing more hope in the begining or having the countermeasures FIRST in the book. What I would really like to get at though is the question "Does this book just make Negs stronger?" By this I mean anything you give attention to will grow stronger in your life and this book obviously give Negs more attention within the publics mind. Where do I draw the line between a neg and myself? If I were to say every single action or thought that comes into my life that is seemingly Negative is created by some other astral type being, would that not just be some sort of shadow projection? Not wanting to own the guilt of ones own actions? Where do I begin and they end is something to be asked if Negs are a reality. Would it not seem better to heal the negative energy in ones life then to just want it to go away? Although if a tick falls from a tree and begins to suck my blood Im going to take it out, throw it on the ground and step on it multiple times. Because these negs and the worlds they live in are an unknow to us, how can we say for sure? How can I say that ideas in my mind are some sort of telepathic broadcast or my own inner self? We cant for sure and I think this is one of the major porblems that we face. We have the ability to take ourselves in any trance and basically place our belief anywhere. What we put energy into will be truth for us. This book at the moment has helped me to become peraniod and when I try to go to sleep I keep feeling this Neg type reality around me. A few nights I was only able to sleep about 1 hr then had to go to work. I really cant tell if this is caused by a neg that wants to reinsert its power knowing I am more aware of it or just my own trance that I have put myself in. Mybe its a mixture of both. Either way this is a hard thing for me to work through and I am open to advice. In closing I would like to say thank you to Robert for comming out with this book. In the end I feel it will help impower many poeple across the world. I would suggest though that anyone who has not read the book yet first read the countermeasures more towards the back end of the book before reading the stories about others getting harrassed in the begining. I would also highly suggest reading Astral Dynamics before starting PSSD. I will post more on this later. Thank you for your time.

goingslow

I didnt mean people on this thread were preaching.  I meant sometimes in any topic here people start telling others "facts" instead of talking about their experiences.  For example, some people have said "there things are just in your mind" etc.  So i think people misread suggestions as people telling them its in their mind.

Timeless:

so you disagree with RB's advise not to send love.  According to him it opens up your crown chakra and can be dangerous.  I never formed an opinion on this because i'v never had expereince doing it.  What's the theory in "sending love".  I dont think the "neg" would suddenly feel love and decide to leave you alone.  Maybe the theory is its a form of energy you're giving them so they wont try to take another type?

Goldenshadow

BTW Timeless, I chose the name "Goldenshadow" because of my intense interest of the shadow archetype. PSSD could have well been titled "The Shadow Side of Astral Dynamics".

timeless

For anyone interested in this topic you can use these links to get the ISBN numbers and/or titles for these books and then get them through your library:

Two good books to get started with for dream analysis are:
(1) http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0452011868/104-0914138-7414316?vi=glance

(2) "The Meaning in Dreams and Dreaming"  ISBN 0-8065-0095-6
I think this book is out of print but libraries should have it.

A good starter website is:
http://www.mythsdreamssymbols.com/shadow.html
http://www.mythsdreamssymbols.com/index2.html

An excellent Shadow book is:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1573227358/104-0914138-7414316?vi=glance
http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/ASIN/1573227358/028-8411380-8519757

Other books that are not quite as good:
http://www.powells.com/cgi-bin/biblio?inkey=7-087477618x-0

http://www.powells.com/cgi-bin/biblio?inkey=65-0062504312-1

Note: Shamanism is really into shadow work as well.

When I was working on Shadow I was using Johnson's book but it is very Christian oriented and a bit too heavy on the religious side so I was hesitant to post it.  I think Debbie Ford's book (above) will be much more palitable and enjoyable.

Jetamac

Ah yes the shadow..... da shadow noze.  Let us be starkly black or white about this one.  Get off the fence.  Quit staddlin' straddlers.  No grey area here.  Light or darkness.  Day or nightness.  No twilight when it comes to these forces.  They either give you the "demonic leer" or angelic good-will look.  There is no in-between when it comes to these critters.  They are either with you/for you or dead-set against you.  They are either the good guys or the "evil bad."  Yes.  Say it.  Face it.  Evil-baaaaaaads.  Herein lies the rub, Hamlet.  You got your lofty "lookin' out for you, friendly, honourable, it's all good" spirits and you have the malevolents in all their assorted principalities and manifestations.  We humans fall into ranks with one or the other side of this force.  What's it gonna be?  Seems like a no-brainer to this free-thinker.  For those of you who have ever made eye-contact with a malevolent inhuman spirit, there is not much more to discuss.  Therein lies all the push for making a covenant with a powerful Spiritual Master/Higher Power.  The "out there" is full of these thingies and I'll be damned if I go it alone.  Keeping a handfull of precepts and aspiring to Sainthood is a small price to pay for the solace of God's Army.  Hence all the world's religious orders.  Hence every prayer ever uttered by man.  So "now" you get it.  I sleep with the lights on most nights.  What about the 4 year old kiddie whose parents tell him it's all in his mind?  Like Jim Morrison said "Wake up!!!"

goingslow

quote:
Originally posted by Goldenshadow

BTW Timeless, I chose the name "Goldenshadow" because of my intense interest of the shadow archetype. PSSD could have well been titled "The Shadow Side of Astral Dynamics".

From what i've read RB based much of this work on parents who are trying to help their children.  I believe he wanted a manual so they could help their family members or kids if they were being attacked.  

It seems not only impractical but almost impossible to write a book on how to work on the shadow issues of your 3 year old child.  Or a person who doesn't want to do that work but instead wants to stop being attacked.

Timeless:

Im curious, but i understand if you dont want to talk about it.  The cloud was in broad daylight?  Thats pretty amazing to me.  Im curious what that was like.  Meaning did you feel you were mentally in another dimention or was it where it could have been a dog the same as a cloud (meaning you had clarity).

goingslow

I wasn't trying to dismiss it at all.  I was just curious how something like that is perceived.  

Ive been wondering the same thing about psychics that see things in broad daylight.  I've only had "visions" with my eyes closed so Ive always wanted to ask one "how" they see it.  Most say i just see it but im really wondering if its with their eyes or in their head somehow.  And in my attack I didnt see anything.  So was really wondering.

I completely believe the psychic I was wondering about saw these things Im just always curious how it comes about.

Anonymous

The shadow self does exist. But so do negs and demons. I had an encounter over the weekend. I went to a haunted forest which was once a graveyard. I went with some friends of mine. We heard strange stories about this place and decided to go there and check it out to see if any of it was true. It is said the path changes every day. According to at least one of my friends, this is true (he's been there before). There are also illusions which I saw while I was there. There was a path parallel to the one we were walking on, and when we shone our flashlights on it, it was replaced with normal underbrush and trees. You wouldn't know there was a path there. And when you shut the flashlight off, you wouldn't know there were trees and undergrowth there. The illusionary path wasn't far from us, maybe about 50 feet or so. Also, I was running at one point, and while I was running, I heard footsteps running next to me, and I looked to see who was next to me, but there was nothing there. I had a walking stick with me so I struck out at it, and it stopped. I was not scared at all, but found it intriguing. I didn't think we'd see anything there. I thought it was all a myth, but I have been proven wrong. I would not set foot in that place again.

Anyway, so demons and negs exist within us and outside of us. So does the shadow self. Dealing with the shadow self is a lot harder than dealing with any demon you may encounter. But dealing with the shadow self sets us free from the influence of demons and negs.

goingslow

Thank you timeless.. i appreciate that. [:)]

Have you detailed how you developed your second sight on another thread?  Did you actually open the third eye like some have done?  

I remember reading a thread somewhere where the person said it was painful but they worked every day to force it open.

goingslow

Did you change your mind about the shadow?

sorry had to ask =)

timeless