News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Developing authentic psychic powers

Previous topic - Next topic

stiev

Does anyone know any exercises for developing clairvoyance or psychic vision? I would love to be able to do what psychics like John Edwards and those little old ladies at the Spiritualist Churches do.

They must have techniques to develop these powers. They say that everyone has the power, so why not show us? I'm not interested in predicting tommorrow's trifecta in race 3 or anything like that, I'd just like to be able to see into the astral plane and speak with all those spirits they can talk to.

Does anyone know how you can learn how to do this?

Sentinal

You would like to have other peoples thoughts and feelings constantly in your head, or to have people shy away from you because they are afraid you will know their secrets?

I would suggest you put more thought into it before opening that door. Think about what you would do with it and the impact it would really have on your life. It is easy to dream of all the neat things you could do with it, but speaking from experience, it changes they way you see others, and the way they see you.

stiev

I hadn't thought of reading people's minds, but this doesn't sound so bad. I didn't know you could do this. I'd be happy to have this talent. If the problem is people worrying that you'll read their minds - easy. Just don't tell them.

Unless, of course, THEY'RE psychic, and they catch you reading their mind. Or if you catch someone thinking something bad about you, and you need to put them straight.

What's wrong with being psychic? It sounds pretty good to me. I read an interview with John Edwards, and he didn't have anything bad to say about it.

Sentinal

Of course he didn't, he's not for real. He does classic cold readings on the audience and uses plants for the one on one.

Wouldn't it be wise to listen to the advise of someone who has already been there? There are many things in people's minds that you don't want to know. It is one thing to watch things on the news or in a movie, it is another to feel it.

"Just don't tell them" You think it is that easy? Things slip in conversations. Eventually it raises questions.

Then there are ghosts, spirits, entities. They don't just show up when you want them to. They can be troublesome.

There is an old saying "Be careful what you wish for, you might get it" I have lived with these abilities a long time, it is not all fun. It changes how you see the world. There can be benefits, but there are also emotional and ethical issues that go along with it. There may be a time for you to learn but you should still take my advice to think about what you are getting into. It is characteristic of someone your age to underestimate what they are getting into. It would be of benefit to you to do otherwise.

Sunn

Quote from: Sentinal on November 18, 2006, 03:37:18

There is an old saying "Be careful what you wish for, you might get it" I have lived with these abilities a long time, it is not all fun. It changes how you see the world. There can be benefits, but there are also emotional and ethical issues that go along with it. There may be a time for you to learn but you should still take my advice to think about what you are getting into. It is characteristic of someone your age to underestimate what they are getting into. It would be of benefit to you to do otherwise.

I agree with sentinal 100% on this. You might know something about someone and may feel compelled to help them but in the long wrong it maybe unwise to do so. Also Sentinal mentioned that people shy away, this is true. You could blurt something out during a sentence that you should or could not know. I would suggest you think long and hard before you commit to anything and weigh up the pros and cons.

paint1

I you really want to develop these powers you could buy into Adrian's latest instructions.

Nay

Huh.?  Paint, I don't quite get the meaning of your post.  Could you please elaborate? 

Woah

Quote from: TalaNay on November 19, 2006, 19:44:43
Huh.?  Paint, I don't quite get the meaning of your post.  Could you please elaborate? 

Probably this.

QuoteNews: For learning how to Developing Psychic Powers of all types, take a visit to my new resource at: http://www.developingpsychicpowers.com

Unless you're wondering about the words "buy into".

Nay

I have to admit, I'm lost..lol.  Is this link related to Adrian? 

Woah

Nay

Ohhhhhh...  thanks Woah.  OK then....  I have to clean the kitchen.. later!  :)

stiev

Quote from: Sentinal on November 18, 2006, 03:37:18
It is characteristic of someone your age to underestimate what they are getting into. It would be of benefit to you to do otherwise.

I'm almost 40. How old did you think I was?

All those spirits must be quiet at the moment.

Bane

just meditate, one point meditation,in time you will develop some authintic psychic powers,such as sinsitivity to energy,energy directing,self healing,even claivoyance,it is true there are risks but,its not as bad as described,just be secretive about it and dont talk about it.
he who contends with nothing is always victorious

riddled_skies

yeah, sometimes i regret looking into psychic abilities/ obe/ paranormale. it messed me up( in a good and bad way ). i have never felt or been the same. like i said, it is good in a lot of ways, but it it also bad. its funny, i never saw it coming.  :lol: i mean, honestly, one would think that something so great would not have bad side-effects.

for me, the bad part is the feeling of never fitting in. i look at the people at my school and observe how they act, amazed that i know and understand so much more than them. then i think, why me? why me, out of all of these people, do i get blessed with all this knowledge? it's because i can handle it. most people i know wouldnt think twice about saying that psionics is fake...
"The most beatiful experience we can have is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art, and.. science. Whoever does not know it and can no longer wonder, ..(or) marvel, is as good as dead, and his eyes are dimmed

Bane

the only downside to it as far as i have experianced is those who do black magic psychicly attacking me becouse i threghten their lies with the truth,so many people try to controlle others,that is why people either are either skeptic, they belive,or they have the knowlage and hide it away,in one hand many who dont have the knowlage would use it for evil,but there are some whos intentions are pure that deserve to use their devine right to the more subtler sences/abilaties.its sad the world has come to the current state.
he who contends with nothing is always victorious

andonitxo

Hi:

When I practice self consciousness all day long (even if I find my mind forgets ocasionally the exercise) I start to experiment flashes of things that minutes later happen to me. Just trifles: my sister phonning me, a sense of something that is going to happen, a sense of intuition...

Just self consciousness... easy, isn't it?  :-)

Mydral

Quote from: andonitxo on November 20, 2006, 10:34:00
Just self consciousness... easy, isn't it?  :-)

Yup that sure is easy.....
"I am me"

damn... no flashes  :x

haha I am just joking.... bloody self conciousness is pretty hard for some people. It takes meditation etc. Acctually its pretty amazing in my eyes that you have can sense whats happening in a few minutes when you do self conciousness. The only thing that happens to me is the following:
I get the thought that its about time that I get a reply on my cell phone from someone... so I walk towards my cell phone and then the text comes.
In somnis veritas

Nay

QuoteI get the thought that its about time that I get a reply on my cell phone from someone... so I walk towards my cell phone and then the text comes.

Hahaha.. I do that with our house phone.  I also without fail start thinking about someone for a day or so and sure enough they end of getting in touch with me.....just cause. :)

andonitxo

Quote from: TalaNay on November 20, 2006, 10:52:46
Hahaha.. I do that with our house phone.  I also without fail start thinking about someone for a day or so and sure enough they end of getting in touch with me.....just cause. :)

That happens to me a lot, too.  :-o

Nay

Oh no!  We are special!  Hehehe..kidding, kidding.  I think it's alot more common than we know. :)

andonitxo

Quote from: Mydral on November 20, 2006, 10:46:28
haha I am just joking.... bloody self conciousness is pretty hard for some people. It takes meditation etc. Acctually its pretty amazing in my eyes that you have can sense whats happening in a few minutes when you do self conciousness.

Maybe I should have explained it in more detail.

When I walk from home to work I try not to think at all, and I just observe what's around me. I try to see buildings, people, cars, traffic signs,... as if they would be a different thing (compared to other days). Sometimes I feel as if the landscape would break down in layers, just as Photoshop does. It's a weird sensation and my heart uses to run like a horse when that happens (I'd bet my sub is not prepared for a new reality, he, he).

This technique is quite good for lucid dreams.

The trick is just to change the way you look at the images you've in front of you. Think of them as mere stages, as illusions,... That uses to be enough to trigger a mind shift.

Nay

Yikes.. sounds like your heart isn't firing off right and then your vision gets all wacked due to lack of oxygen or something.  Be careful. 

Novice

QuoteWhen I walk from home to work I try not to think at all, and I just observe what's around me. I try to see buildings, people, cars, traffic signs,... as if they would be a different thing (compared to other days). Sometimes I feel as if the landscape would break down in layers, just as Photoshop does. It's a weird sensation and my heart uses to run like a horse when that happens (I'd bet my sub is not prepared for a new reality, he, he).

This technique is quite good for lucid dreams.

The trick is just to change the way you look at the images you've in front of you. Think of them as mere stages, as illusions,... That uses to be enough to trigger a mind shift.

I do this too -- but never got the rapid heart beat. It definately increases lucidity as well as consciousness/awareness during AP. I notice when I do this during the day, it carries over in to the night. Then I'm able to not only lengthen my AP trips, but increase the quality/clarity of them as well. I view it as related to buddhist mindfulness -- always be aware of what you are doing and where you are all of the time.
Reality is what you perceive it to be.

AndrewTheSinger

Try this too, while walking in the streets, try to perceive people as floating bubbles of light (I'm obsessed with that  :-)  :oops:). At some point it felt like everything went slow-motion.
Where does this silence come from?

The untold past of the Earth: http://hiddenhistory.awardspace.com

Nay

Wow... I'm missing out on some serious visual fun.  :)