News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Do "demons" really exist?

Previous topic - Next topic

SCS

I'm 16, and for several years probably my greatest fear has been demonic entities. Whenever I see movies or TV shows about them, or even just about ghosts, it bothers me to an extreme level. It feels like it bothers me more than it would normally bother people.

I saw a movie called "the devil inside" when I was 15 that was probably the most disturbing and horrific thing I've ever watched, and I've seen a lot of extremely violent movies, such as saving private ryan. The movie was about devil possession and looked like it was filmed in the vatican. It also claimed to be a true story. I know it's most likely entirely fake, but that doesn't bring me any comfort. I was in shock for awhile by the time the movie was over, and even now, awhile later, it can still bother me a lot when I think about it. It's just implanted this fear in my mind. Like, I can't look at pictures of the vatican, or priests in black robes, or even read the word vatican without some amount of this fear resurfacing in my mind. I remember once I was watching something about the vatican either on the news or on the internet and suddenly I just felt filled with terror and I had to go do something else because even that reminded me of the traumatic effect that movie had on my mind.

And yeah, I know it's "just a movie." It's "not real." That doesn't bring me any comfort, because I believe spirits exist. I've had several experiences during my life involving out of body phenomena and other general spiritual/paranormal phenomena. I know spirits are real. So what if that means all those horrible things I saw in those countless movies and tv shows are real, too? Or at the very least, possible? What if it happens to me?

I used to be a Christian. After doing a lot of reading on the internet about near-death experiences and out of body experiences I decided that I wasn't a Christian anymore, and instead believed in a non-religious spirituality centered around research conclusions about NDEs, as well as some other phenomena such as OBEs. But seeing stuff like that movie terrifies me, makes me think what if I was wrong not to be a Christian anymore, and all that devil stuff is real, and I'll end up with them in hell when I die because of it. That's one of my greatest fears, if not my very greatest fear.

I also saw a tv show more recently that were about real paranormal testimonies. Some of the stuff was just horrific. Crucifixes disappearing from above doorways, a woman being raped by an invisible hand, and all sorts of garbage that I really don't want to think about at all. What does any of that even mean? Why does stuff like that happen? Is it "demons"? Do demons even exist? Are these just angry spirits? I don't understand, and I'm afraid, and both of those facts combine to make me even more afraid.

So, this is my question to all of you, as I know most of you have probably had far more experience with OBEs than I have. What is actually out there? Is there anything I need to be so upset and afraid about? These matters about demons just really get to me, sometimes I even cry about it. I don't know why it upsets me so much. What should I do to conquer these fears?

I really want to learn how to have OBEs, but my fear stops me. Even if demons don't exist, and all of those things in the tv shows were just angry/misguided spirits, I've read in an online OBE book that my own fear could manifest what I'm afraid of. In other words, if I have an OBE and I think I'm going to be attacked by an army of demons, that's exactly what'll happen. And I'm worried it'll happen even if I'm not thinking that on a conscious level, but somewhere in my brain. I want to have OBEs, but I just can't because of this fear, so I need to get rid of this fear, but how? How do I get rid of this fear? Is there anything at all I actually need to be afraid of?

Thanks.

Contenteo

Nope. The construct of the astral seems to be void of that stuff.

Intents exist only if you allow them too.

Part of the venture into the astral is the coping with fear. You will be exposed to Pure Unconditional Love, (PUL) simply the feeling of being in there is enough to convince. But before that, you will need to desire it.

Your first stop, if you do manage to project, will be one inside your own mental palace. IMO, This is why border trance states are so good for psychologists. If you can see the gunk built up in the engine, then you will know what you need to do to fix it. Of course, you will always be better then anyone else at cleaning out your mental engine, but that is an act that you must venture into bravely and conquer by your own volition.

Study around the archives here for a bit. There is some gems built up over the last decade, you just need to mine them. Best of luck. We are here if you have any more specific questions.

Cheers,
Contenteo

Astralzombie

Hello SCS.

First and foremost, I am not trying to tell you what to believe. I am only telling you what I believe and why.

I completely 100% categorically deny the existence of demons. When I reply to these type of posts, I usually leave a little wiggle room so as not to directly confront the beliefs of others. However, when I see young teens such as yourself being tormented about this stuff, it upsets me. That's because I see a little of myself in these posts, not to mention that I once promoted these ridiculous ideas.

Evil is just perception. It is our way of trying to understand how some people can do certain things while it disgusts most of us. We don't like to believe that mankind is capable of "evil" on our own and therefor, there must be some outside force working.If there was no outside force, that would mean that we were are capable of doing these heinous acts. Well, sadly we are and it takes very little. All it takes is fear and we can behave irrationally and in unimaginable ways.

If you are worried about changing your Christian beliefs, then you need to think about it. Look at Christianity for the beauty of it and decide if that rings true for you. If it does, then embrace it and you can find some peace. If you turn to Christianity because you think you need it's protection from some inhuman evil force, you will never find the peace you seek. Sadly, most of the the church is more than happy to entertain this fear so that you will remain a Christian. Some denominations do not dwell on the evil aspect but they are becoming rarer.

Life is hard and there is too much that is beyond our control. Does it make sense to you that a loving god would punish you eternally because you choose to find your own spiritual path and become a good person?

In fact, some will tell you that I am a demon or at the least, demonically influenced for telling you this. They are just covering their bases to make those of us with similar beliefs "Protesteth too much". In other words, we are denying the existence of evil in order to trick you. Whatever.

Start focusing on the beauty of life instead of watching these silly movies. They are not scary to me because they are no more real than cartoons. Do you get scared watching looney tunes? I doubt it.

Have you tried talking to your parents about your fears? I hope they can give you some insight.
It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
Mark Twain

sunshaker

You are 16, you now realise what you do not like watching,(at such an early age),

Now spend your time filling yourself with things you enjoy that resonate within you, it is no overnight fix, but in time you will be surprised where it can take you,

Build yourself a good frame of reference.

"Believe me" there is nothing that can "harm" you.

Szaxx

I've been 'out there' since the 60's and only found good. I started this before I started school and had no problems.
You are the one that can scare yourself. Believe the nonsense and you will do just that.
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

majour ka

Hi SCS, no the don exists. Just on TV etc  :-)

dreamingod

Quote from: majour ka on April 22, 2013, 19:35:34
Hi SCS, no the don exists. Just on TV etc  :-)

Quote from: Contenteo on April 19, 2013, 02:45:29

Part of the venture into the astral is the coping with fear.

inside your own mental palace.

I agree.

There is no Devil/Lucifer (evil personification) except one that exists in the mind and heart of those driven by fear and ignorance of self.

Post: Etymology of the words: Lucifer, Devil, Hel = all mean light.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_world_cultures_traditions_and_religions/old_gods_and_satan-t39024.0.html;msg319681#msg319681

Some people during sleep paralysis *** scare themselves silly because they are afraid of the unknown.
In this liberated state, one will experience immediately what one desires, thinks and feels.
This will manifest in ones mindscape/ mental space.
Hence in this state, if one is fearful then one may manifest ones fears, symbols of ones fears.

Fearful experiences and beliefs can be overcome through introspection, reflection and self-realisation.

*** Post #48 #58 in thread
http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showthread.php?t=201942&page=3

~
We are spirit, expressing what we will.
We act out perSONAs on our stage of iMAGEination.
We are both the dreamer & the dream.
I think therefore I am.
I am consciousness & potentiality

Selea

Really? The universe exists because you "allow" it to?

Listen, I understand the intent of these replies and I agree to them. "Demons" in the way depicted by Christianity & co. it is nonsense etc. but to go to the extremes to say that "all you see and experience is just a product of yourself" it is a little egocentric, don't you think? Naturally on the whole (as in the sense of the Hindus) this CAN be correct: e.g. they consider everything as a part of the self, even the kitchen sink. That's perfectly fine, but still, there are practical applications in the kitchen sink that you can use and that go beyond the self, isn't it?

Coming to the point of AP. I find amusing that people that always insist that "all you perceive is a matter of your intent" usually only project in their room inside a city full of people and "protected" by their usual routine (so outside the scope of certain experiences). As a single example, why don't you do a little experiment? Go in a mountain, in a place almost inaccessible usually by man, alone, and camp yourself there for 3 or 4 days. Then "Astral Project" (better at night if you can) in that lapse and then tell me if the experience you will have will be the same you usually have, want we?

Your first stop, if you do manage to project, will be one inside your own mental palace. IMO, This is why border trance states are so good for psychologists. If you can see the gunk built up in the engine, then you will know what you need to do to fix it. Of course, you will always be better then anyone else at cleaning out your mental engine, but that is an act that you must venture into bravely and conquer by your own volition.

Fine. I find amusing however that many of the people that insist that it's all a matter of the "mental space" never try to do something outside of their mental space to begin with.

Matsùwa, an Huichol Shaman used to say: "it is not me that teach you the way of the Gods; those things are to be learn only in the wilderness, alone". Those that swear that spirits, entities, forces etc. (or whatever you want to call them) are idiocies usually would never even remotely do something like that (usually for fear, amusing, isn't it? I had once the experience of a guy that said just that and after 15 minutes in the wilderness alone literally shaken from end to end) and yet they are sure these things are just "constructs of their own mind" (that naturally can be possible, yet for all practical purposes it doesn't matter and they surely are not part of what you can call "yourself").

As for fear itself, maybe you would want to know that it is a matter of the body, not of the mind. It is the body that feels the fear, it is not something that is produced by the mind. Real fear (the one that doesn't come by a thought and that's the real sense of fear, the ones that blocks you, the other kind is not really fear) is not a product of what you think. It is for this that it's impossible to really overcome real fear (fear is actually a great catalyst); the point is to be able to function without panicking inside the fear.

Contenteo

QuoteIntents exist only if you allow them too.

Yup, my apologies. That is wrong.
It seems I was typing fast again, like I talk. I meant, Intents, as in the things you possibly intend.
What I meant was, you have autonomy.
It is so easy to get misinterpreted without nonverbal communication present.

The statement was a bad summary of the idea that intents will instantly manifest themselves in the astral. Therefore, they will exist and affect you and your surroundings only if you allow them to exist.

I like your delineation between there being two types of fear. I never looked at it that way. I can reflect and agree that I have had times in my life, where my mind was fine, but my body was absolutely not. Eventually, that bodily fear affected my mental state.

Cheers,
Contenteo

Wi11iam

I have seen it said that there are 'lower' aspects to the Astral which are full of all sorts of demonic types....most commonly referred to as 'lower energy entities'

In another thread there is talk about constructs created by intent and thought.

In this thread it is said that there are only 'evil' people - doing stuff to each other - how does this not have some affect in the Astral/non physical?

Others I have read speak about wars going on.

Does not every one have some influence on the NPR?

If you are a tricky swift tongued con artist living off the fears and hopes of others, can you not enjoy the same practice in NPR?

Are there not aspects of NPR which exist independently of your beliefs and  expectations?

:-o
Think With The Heart - Feel With The Mind

Astralzombie

QuoteAre there not aspects of NPR which exist independently of your beliefs and  expectations?

I think the answer to that is an astounding yes. It's my belief that I encounter the thought forms of others all the time. IMO, there are certain aspects about the NPR that we can't change no matter what we believe. However, we can always change our belief or perceptions of it.

I'm starting to believe that there is only the NPR and it depends on our current form that interfaces us to perceive our current existence as physical. In other words, other entities can experience our reality but it isn't physical to them because they are not interfaced to interact here in that manner.

It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
Mark Twain

Lionheart

Quote from: its_all_bad on May 02, 2013, 00:09:08
I'm starting to believe that there is only the NPR and it depends on our current form that interfaces us to perceive our current existence as physical. In other words, other entities can experience our reality but it isn't physical to them because they are not interfaced to interact here in that manner.

If we can visit their Realm, it's only fair that they can visit ours as well!  :-)

Szaxx

I've been waiting to hear that comment IAB.
Our realm is but one WE are phase locked (electronic term) into at present. Remove our reference frequency and we're free.
The light begins to shine...
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

Wi11iam

Quote from: its_all_bad on May 02, 2013, 00:09:08

I think the answer to that is an astounding yes. It's my belief that I encounter the thought forms of others all the time. IMO, there are certain aspects about the NPR that we can't change no matter what we believe. However, we can always change our belief or perceptions of it.

Quote from: Lionheart on May 02, 2013, 00:19:43
If we can visit their Realm, it's only fair that they can visit ours as well!  :-)

Like I was thinking the other day that how we watch drama through television, perhaps some entities regard our existence the same way.

Quote from: Szaxx on May 02, 2013, 01:23:01
I've been waiting to hear that comment IAB.
Our realm is but one WE are phase locked (electronic term) into at present. Remove our reference frequency and we're free.
The light begins to shine...

Why is it that this realm we are in is regarded as a kind of prison?  Obviously it is run as one, but that is just the nature of the beast here on this (prison) planet...and does not signify that the whole universe is thus a prison.

Think With The Heart - Feel With The Mind