News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Exorcism TV Program

Previous topic - Next topic

Darren

An Exorcism program is on Thursday 24th Feb. Channel 4, 11:05 for anyone that lives in the UK .... TUNE IN!

Mick

This is the description for it.

22:00-23:05 The Real Exorcist Documentary looking at the events that inspired the book and film of `The Exorcist' - the only documented case of a Catholic exorcism in US history.
Mick

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

-- Benjamin Franklin, 1759

G3MM4

Sounds interesting, not sure if I should watch it though, given my current neg problems.
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience. - Dr. Wayne  W. Dyer

Please visit Astral Planet.

Seven

Thanks for that Darren, I've set it to record!

There's a programme on straight afterwards (11:05pm-12:40am) that should be interesting too - The Exorcism - a scientific investigation of what happens inside the brain during an exorcism.

Eol007

Hi Darren,

Should be interesting....

Runlola,

Will look out for that one.

Did anyone see 'Possessed'? This was released circa 2000 -  the Story of the Only Roman Catholic-Sanctioned Exorcism. See for example: http://www.timothydalton.com/possessed.html

Stephen

Mick

Quote from: runlolaif you like exorcisms you should see the movie CONSTANTINE

I just saw it, I thought it was GREAT

I hope it's in your area?

:twisted:
I have attended one full religious type exorcism but it lacked the spinning head and puke. A friend of ours, then a priest, now a bishop invited us along. It was strange and certainly got the neighbours attention when a fully robed priest walked around the house chanting and spraying holy water. The location was in London near to a building formally used as a mental institution and had the name Bedlam, it is now a museum. This was given some role in the cause of the problem. It was quite a strange experience and during the process some strange feelings took hold of the place eventually to be dispelled.

I have been at a situation where someone suffering attempted possession  in a trance like method. When it got sufficient control there were facial contortions and much yelling of obscenities and many threats. A healing type session pushed it out and it eventually gave up trying to use that person.
Mick

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

Andromache

Not only do non-religous people get possessed, some non-believers in the paranormal get possessed....

Mick

Quote from: runlolanon-religious people, people that never went to church or
read any of the bible...

possessed by demons of the bible & can only be exorcised by priests?

Do you know of someone personally?
Interesting question. I would suspect that where these events might happen it becomes wrapped in the cultural setup of the experiencers. They contact their appropriate 'representative' who then further applies the respective terminology. My experience is that this stuff is often very malleable and flexes to fit the belief system.
The possession one that I experienced was in a mediumistic setting and contact healing was used to clean out.
Another area is perhaps Poltergeist which manifests it seems worldwide irrespective of culture, it would be interesting to hear from anyone whose culture does not apparently experience this phenomena.
Mick

Ais

I'm getting a friend to watch this programme and tell me all about it.

I approached the Catholic church for an exorcism when I had a very powerful neg attached to me which simply wouldn't budge, but they couldn't help me. A few days later I was put on anti-psychotic medication which worked although it was slow. I had to put up with this horrible neg for about two months before it finally gave up trying to get into my body.

If nothing described in this forum or elsewhere can remove a neg, and if you are at your wits' end about it, at least be reassured that there are powerful drugs out there which will clear you. I suppose if you present to a psychiatrist complaining about an evil spirit attached to you they will assume you need anti-psychotic medication anyway, as they think such thoughts are symptomatic of mental disorder. I have met only one psychiatrist, retired now, who understands the reality of neg experience and how it can compromise mental health. It's a pity that the profession as a whole is totally unable to accept or acknowledge that certain mental illnesses can involve spirit interference, especially schizophrenia. The profession instead views such illnesses as chemical imbalances in the brain, which is right but only up to a point.

Enjoy the show.

Ais

wisp

Ais,
You make a very good point on this subject. Thanks for sharing. It's sounds like you defeated the neg very well, congratulations on that. Did you see the program?

Anyone else see, and want to give their opinion or review?

I can't help but wonder if possession is a physical manifestation of disease rather than a mental or psychiatric problem.

A little off topic, but this thread brought back some good memories for me.

One of my spiritual journeys involved totally abandoning my self will. I rode on the wind, and where it would take me. I was married at the time but had been separated for a while.I traveled to my estranged husband and his family's locale.There I stayed for several months. While there, I worked at Alexian Brother's mentioned in the article. I didn't learn of it's past association with exorcism until I had been there a while. It was a wonderful place. I was even reunited with a childhood love there. It was a magical time. A mystical place for sure!

And...one of the Brothers there had an uncanny resemblence to the young priest in the movie! I would have had a serious crush if I hadn't already met my childhood love (again).

My childhood love offered me anything I wanted if I would  stay, however, I was still riding the wind (God's), and had to return from whence I came. I had a home elsewhere, and I hadn't divorced yet. The time wasn't right, but the place was perfect!

A storybook time!!! Or better yet, like a wonderful movie!