News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

'Geniuses' astral planes and purity

Previous topic - Next topic

Winged_Wolf

I can look back on history too, and here's what I see:  geniuses may have very high intelligence in some areas, but this is usually not present in ALL areas.  In fact, in other areas, most geniuses have some deep flaw.  For example, Einstein was a brilliant man, but socially?  The guy never bathed, he used bar soap on his hair, and he never did memorize his address (felt there was no point, since he could look it up).
Many geniuses have distinct trouble in other areas, most often social intelligence and common sense (application of knowledge in everyday situations).  We have a tendency to feel that someone who has extreme intelligence in the realm of logic and facts, math and science, creativity and art, is the epitomy of genius--but we don't apply this to those who have extreme intelligence socially, for some reason.

I don't believe in a higher intelligence, as it were, but if I did, most of our geniuses wouldn't be people I'd think were "resonating" with them.  Not unless higher intelligence itself is deeply flawed in some ways.....

Occasionally also I think "genius" is applied to people who really aren't geniuses at all.  Buckminster Fuller, for example, was a highly influentual person, but his intelligence level was not at genius level.  However, he thought outside the box--he created new ideas and concepts which have been invaluable in our understanding of a great many things.
(For those unfamiliar, this is the man who invented the geodesic dome house, among other things).
So is genius truly a thing to be lauded above others?  I personally place a very high value on intelligence, and I think it can be a fair trade to lose some social intelligence in trade for higher learning rate and capacity in other areas.....but there MUST be others who don't have that social handicap, or we'll be in even more trouble as a species.
Ironically, the IQ average in born-psis (using several hundred as a sample) is a good 10 or more points above the general population's average.  But it must certainly be admitted that the pattern is kept, and born-psis tend to have lower social intelligence and related skills.

--Winged Wolf
"I will stare at the sun until its light doesn't blind me, and I will walk into the fire, 'til its heat doesn't burn me, and I will feed the fire...."
--Winged Wolf
http://www.lulu.com/wingedwolfpsion
"I will stare at the sun until its light doesn't blind me, and I will walk into the fire, 'til its heat doesn't burn me, and I will feed the fire...."

Falken

Of course higher intelligence ipothetically was 'resonating' with them for a great degree.Social inadaptation could be a  product of one genius' difficulty to find other same level IQ mates and  who cares to talk with 150 times less intelligent people?
If population's mean intelligence level would rise to the point of about 150 IQ, things would be different.

Kristen

Hi Falken and Winged Wolf -

Falken, I did get your email, but the message was cut off for some reason....  try again?

I think you're right regarding reasons why people with higher IQ's tend to be considered to be less than socially adept. And, I think that advances in technology, arts, governmental and social systems occur in waves (seemingly) and are led by a group of geniouses who seem to all be working on different aspects of emerging "technologies" in whatever field... there is a pattern that can be seen to have been manifesting itelf again and again across the ages...  I do think that connection with higher intelligence is at work, though not "alien" necessarily, but an intelligence humans access by energetic right and capacity.  As an example of this dynamic, there is a TV program of interest to me and maybe to you and others that I recently saw that addresses advances in computer technology and how those advances will revolutionize humanity... its called Beyond Human I think....  I'm going to look it up and post a link...

Winged Wolf - intellegence tests are too limited - there are some (one or two that I know of) that are capable of "measuring" creative intelligence for example in a limited way... and there has been concern and discussion in the psychological literature regarding what a true measure of intelligence is, and what kinds of intelligences there are... it seems to me that emotional intelligence is designed to measure emotional stability and flexibility as a function of success within what is considered to be "normal" society... i.e. job performance, peer acceptance, etc.  Creative intelligence tests I've seen measure capacity to use objects in novel ways - thinking outside of the box... regular intelligence tests are most positively correllated with academic achievement... Interestingly, some studies have shown that gifted children have a significant occurance of learning disability in specific areas - (not across the board, but for example, one individual may be highly gifted in language and vocabulary development, reading comprehension, and so forth, and show a significant learning deficit in math or science.)

Anyway, I'm not sure what my point is... its just an interesting conversation here...

Take care,

Kristen

Winged_Wolf

Guilty as charged--I'm well ahead in areas of language and some sciences, but noticeably behind in mathematics (which limits my ability to apply physics and chemistry, but has much less impact on my understanding of biology and ecology).

The common sense issue is fairly significant, IMO.  Here's an example--a friend of my mother's in high school, a fellow rated at genius level intelligence, and slated to go to college at age 14, was asked by his teacher to place a decal on that teacher's car for him.

This exceptionally bright person did so.  He applied the decal to the outside of the windshield, squarely in the center.

My mate's IQ is between 10 and 20 points higher than mine, and sometimes he amazes me....and I don't mean with his brilliance.

I believe personally that persons who have exceptionally high IQs of this nature are extremely valuable members of society, but also extremely specialized ones.  I'm not entirely sure how well they would do if they were forced to try to survive on their own!

--Winged Wolf
--Winged Wolf
http://www.lulu.com/wingedwolfpsion

travrai blue robes

to get in touch with the spirit, or intellectual ideas, or creativity in a big way, is to become a bit incompetent in being societally adapted. I should know, as I have a hell of a lot of envy at this point for people with street smarts, interpersonal skills and excellent competency in the realm of material things. but we're in touch with what we practice, and the genius spends all his time pondering and practices what others are practicing very little at all.

my opinion is all people are genius, and they can channel it different ways. I suppose some people might block themselves up, but to me it's just a given that we all posess a latent amount of supreme creativity. and yes, it can be expressed in ways we don't always think about first, in fact, I think the majority of people express it just through talking, joking, and expressing through everyday dialogue. from my viewpoint I can appreciate how frickin amazing people are just in that respect and they don't even notice it.

there's also the question of putting the creativity to work or not. I'm still young and exploring all of this, but most lately I think that because when you are not putting it towards something you don't really feel it, then maybe you really should put it towards something. unfortunately, spiritual matters being so confusing, there's also the opposite thought that you shouldn't force it to work (as all us pained genuis's do, we become obsessed with the creative process while others just dismiss it) like buddhist or taoist thought, maybe you should just go with the flow and not painfully try to catch it. I don't know. makes my life fun as that's a very big question I have about how to be -- is it better to let the spirit live through your relaxed cooperation and kind participation with the way things are, or is it better to enter into the harrowing road of the profound and try to accomplish something for the spirit? And even worse, is one of those ways to be wrong? Don't know. Although I've always been pretty far gone in the latter, so I don't think I could give it up. Personally, I wish to heck I had not starting reading spiritual texts and others ideas, as I used to be just feel my heart and intuition but now I'm always worried about all the contradictory ideas.

Kristen

Hi All -

Winged Wolf - "specialization" is an excellent way to put it - *laughing re sticking the decal on the outside and in the middle of the windshield*... almost sounds like a joke on the brilliant guy's part.  

Travrai - I like your rhetorical question here -  is it better to let the spirit live through your relaxed cooperation and kind participation with the way things are, or is it better to enter into the harrowing road of the profound and try to accomplish something for the spirit? And even worse, is one of those ways to be wrong?

I think there is always a down and up side to every situation and/or method and/or focus or what-have-you for any life issue.  Learning to determine what works best is a process that never ends. Sometimes, "what is" really is bad, and sometimes "what is" really is good.  My current working paradigm for many situations that life hands me is this - if "what is" wants my relaxed cooperation, it had better be good .  

Kristen

Falken

Hi, Ive always wondered how much the greatest minds of humanity gave us, Leibnitz, Schopenhauer, Wittgenstein, Godel,Goethe, Tesla to cite a few... and how a little part of these people's minds would be enough to comprehend a single individual's life thoughts..... they were-are infinity.
Besides a purely biological point of view I think they must have been 'inspired' by some sort of higher intelligence, resonating with theirs.Maybe this intelligence was already 'there' since the beginning of life on earth ; just like if by visiting an higher astral plane one accesses to higher knowledge too.Nowadays intelligence isnt 'explained' and more so genius isnt.
The 'purity' of one genius' energies and thoughts that lets an individual to reach levels of intelligence so high and- detached from the rest of humanity level, makes me wonder , alien-human beings or merely extreme intelligence?