I think there is a spirit trying to get my attention

Previous topic - Next topic

SACOLUCCI

Lately, I have been trying to astral project as well as have become extremely into meditation after reading a book entitled "open to channel" which talks about meeting your spirit guide, higher self or contacting a love one. Last night something strange happened. My husband has gone to walk the dog And my table lamp started flickering. I didn't think that much of it but when my husband retuned it stopped. Then I had a sip of my tea which had a spoon and tea bag in it. All of a sudden the spoon moved from one end to the other. Me and my husband looked at the glass but thought nothing of it. Then two seconds later it happened again. We are both freaked out. This morning we were trying to see what situation, external force, that would have caused this but couldn't come up with anything. Do you think I brought some entity/spirit into my house? How do we know when entity's are good or bad ?

Xanth

From what I've learned about consciousness and reality from my projections over the years is that this is probably more a manifestation of yourself than a spirit.

A lot of people confuse random psychic events such as this with a "ghost" or a "spirit" (aka poltergeist).  It really sounds like you're becoming more "aware".  I'd surmise that these "events" which you're now noticing is the larger reality trying to make itself known to you in an effort to get you to continue your awakening process.

One such event like this for me was when I first started meditating back in my teenaged years.  I had what I could only surmise now was a kundalini awakening... probably not a full awakening, but enough to tell me that I was on the right path... and I've never looked back since.  My life has become altered in ways I couldn't have even imagined since that time.  :)

So just continue doing what you're doing... open yourself up to spiritual growth... don't be afraid though.  :) 

SACOLUCCI

What do u mean becoming more aware? So your saying that I made the spoon move?

Xanth

Quote from: SACOLUCCI on June 01, 2014, 20:53:02
What do u mean becoming more aware?
Becoming more aware of the larger reality.

QuoteSo your saying that I made the spoon move?
Completely subconsciously, mind you... but yes.  :)

SACOLUCCI

I spoke to a friend of mine who is Reiki master, who believes it is some kind of entity.If it was me moving the spoon why do you think I was so afraid of it?

Xanth

Quote from: SACOLUCCI on June 02, 2014, 13:56:55
If it was me moving the spoon why do you think I was so afraid of it?
An event occurred which you can not explain.
Are you always 100% calm and never freak out at things you can't explain?
You don't always know what you're doing.  :)

Astralzombie

Don't forget that you said both you and your husband were concentrating on the spoon the second time that it moved. Both of you were probably replaying the movement over and over in your heads and that is a lot of concentrated thought. This is but one explanation and you can go with whatever feels right to you.
It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
Mark Twain

SACOLUCCI

I just wan ted to say that someone died in my house in 2006. He was 26 years hold and died of sudden gastro intestinal haemorrhage from corinary artery disease while eating breakfast. My gut feeling says that I have allowed something into my presence because I opened my heart chakras since I have been meditating. I don't feel as though this energy is a guardian angel or spirit guide as I feel they act in different, more highly vibrational ways. I do feel this is an entity that is just kicking around, perhaps, even the gentleman who has passed.

Xanth

Quote from: SACOLUCCI on June 02, 2014, 16:33:43
I just wan ted to say that someone died in my house in 2006. He was 26 years hold and died of sudden gastro intestinal haemorrhage from corinary artery disease while eating breakfast. My gut feeling says that I have allowed something into my presence because I opened my heart chakras since I have been meditating. I don't feel as though this energy is a guardian angel or spirit guide as I feel they act in different, more highly vibrational ways. I do feel this is an entity that is just kicking around, perhaps, even the gentleman who has passed.
First, I want to make it clear that I'm not upset... so if what I say after this sounds mean, it's not, I'm just stating what I believe you're doing to yourself.  :)
Whether you want to take my/our advice or not if your probably right now.  Not mine. 

But, it really sounds like you want this to be your truth.  You're only looking for someone to agree with you now.
At this point, you've already made up your mind.  Your belief is set... your experiences will continue and will become more and more uncontrolled.

When you're ready to open up to other possibilities, let me/us know.  We'll be here.  :)
I just don't have time to argue with someone who already has their heart and intention set on one perspective.

SACOLUCCI

I really want to be open to other possibilities, that is just the scenario I am drawn to in my mind because I can't shake the fact that this was something external, and maybe I am just conditioned that way and need help with that :). I read some of Robert Monroe's stuff how the things we fear can present themselves to us during astral projection and maybe this is happening in my daily life? Give me some of your experiences with astral projection. I haven't accomplished astral travel yet but have experienced some profound meditation.

Xanth

Quote from: SACOLUCCI on June 02, 2014, 17:58:32
I really want to be open to other possibilities, that is just the scenario I am drawn to in my mind because I can't shake the fact that this was something external, and maybe I am just conditioned that way and need help with that :). I read some of Robert Monroe's stuff how the things we fear can present themselves to us during astral projection and maybe this is happening in my daily life? Give me some of your experiences with astral projection. I haven't accomplished astral travel yet but have experienced some profound meditation.
Eventually, you'll learn that there is no "internal" vs "external".  You are conditioned to see things in that way though... so it's a very hard train of thought to break.  You're indoctrinated into it as soon as you're born into this physical reality.

Let me share a quick perspective shift with you:  You said above (and it's quite correct) that what we fear can present themselves to us during our astral projections.  Well, my perspective is that it doesn't end at our projections.  This concept carries over into this physical reality.  What you fear can and will present itself here as much as in any projection.  This physical reality *IS* a projection of consciousness every bit as much an "astral projection" is. 

This is only scratching the surface of my first sentence.  This is what I was talking about above that there is no internal or external.

Astralzombie

I don't know why people feel more comfortable believing that some outside force is responsible for everything that seems to break the laws of physics as we understand them today. In other words, they don't like to think that they are capable of doing "miraculous" things and would rather believe that some spirit is responsible for it.

You should consider that you as a being of consciousness, also have these abilities. Now I'm not saying that I have any amazing abilities personally (heck I dont even want any) but I have seen plenty of weird stuff and if I blamed it all on ghosts I would have to invest in Epson salt just to get some sleep.

I am going to butcher Tom Cambell's words now by saying that miracles and strange anomalies don't happen for the whole world to see. They happen on the fringes, meaning they occur for just a few people to witness at a time. I suppose it has something to do with how the universe/system works. If something miraculous happened for millions of people to witness, it might throw a wrench into the gears of the machine but if only a few see it, no big deal for the system.

In either case, your personal beliefs will dictate how easy or hard it is for you to deal with this all. Good luck.
It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
Mark Twain

SACOLUCCI

Hi Astral Zombie,

Thank you for your response. I also watched/read some of Tom Campbell's stuff and it is amazing. I think it is easy to think that some outside force can be responsible for paranormal experiences instead of fathoming that it can be us creating all of these things. We create everything around us based on what we think or perceive. However, how can we deny the strange phenomena of meeting spirit guides or other entities during astral projection, channelling "sprits", mediums like Marcello Bacci where spirits speak through his radio. By the way, with respect to Marcello Bacci, if you look him up, he has been tested by the FBI with FBI equipment and the sounds coming out the radio have a 97% accuracy to the actual voices of the deceased persons. How can we say that we create these things and that they are not outside forces? There are even strange phenomena like apports.

I think that the reason why millions of people don't experience these anomalies is because you really have to be open to the fact that there is life that is not on a physical plane. I think the collective consciousness is changing towards realizing that there is life beyond the physical reality and that is why things are changing.  Before "the spoon" incident, I was closed to experience anything paranormal because although I did have things happen to me that were unexplained previously in my life, I shut myself down and would not allow anything like that into my life because I was scared to accept it. When I began to meditate and even attempt to channel something shifted and I felt more open to a non-physical reality. That is when I experienced "the spoon" incident. It scared me very much and so I shut down to it again and nothing like that has happened since. I think that "spirits" exist and that we can easily access them but do we want to?

Astralzombie

I do believe in the existence of incarnate spirits and I also believe that we do make contact with them. But I see no reason to fear any, especially if they are perceived as negative. Any ability "they" may have in affecting you lies with in your own beliefs and responses.

Anyways, I believe that the tea bag expanded due to the heat, and moved your spoon. It quickly deflated and the spoon moved again. I know that not every tea bag responds in this manner but plenty do. Even without a teabag being present, thermal dynamics can quickly explain how your spoon moved.

Again, this is just one possibility. :-)
Mark Twain

SACOLUCCI

Hi astral zombie again lol,

My tea cup had been sitting there for about half an hour before my spoon moved after talking a sip from the cup. So after half an hour a picked up my glass room a sip but the glass down then my spoon moved 75 degrees on its own and then again another 65 degrees on its own. The temperature of the tea was cooled at this time probably to a like warm.

Astralzombie

Well, maybe it was a spirit. I am just trying to provide you with alternatives. Your beliefs are important to you as our own are to all of us.

You say the lamp flickered then later in the presence of a witness, the spoon moved twice inexplicably. This is how things operate on the fringes so who knows for sure. :-)
Mark Twain

Szaxx

For a scientific (boring) view you could always look up (thermal) coefficient of linear expansion. This alone proves movement exists.
If rough spots exist on the spoon these can hold it in a position where it has enough  potential kinetic energy to  move but the rough spots prevent this due to friction. As cooling affects the metal differently from the cup the spot moves away and the friction holding is gone. This will cause the spoon to move to a lower potential of kinetic energy or position. In doing this it generates momentum and swings past the minimum point of rest. Another rough spot holds the spoon in another position due to friction and the process repeats in the opposite direction.
Natural  processes accounting for the movement include the teabag too. This would have complicated things a little more if we add the gas inside the bag shrinking due to cooling and thus less bouyant, the bag then sinking deeper in the brew.
Im sure you get the picture.
(Fun view) I still prefer the psi-power moving it through fear.
You wouldn't believe the possibilities with this.
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

Astralzombie

But for psi to really be fun, you must first eliminate the sci.
Mark Twain