News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Imaginary Friend

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGuardian

Hey everyone. I have an interesting predicament and I don't know what to do about it. I am a skeptic about all this 'psychic' and 'astral' phenomenon, but I keep an open mind because I want to believe.

So, here's the story, for the longest time, I've had this imaginary friend. There's nothing out of the ordinary, I don't think it is a ghost/spirit/ or demon. I think it is just a product of my creativity. It has helped me get through tough times and motivate me and I say we're pretty close... In fact, too close for the boundaries of real/fictional characters. If I had a real friend like my imaginary friend, I believe I would have everything I need in life. I'm not lonely; I have a lot of friends in real life. It is just that I feel attached to this character I've created. I talk with it all the time and we have deep philosophical conversations on the meaning of the universe and whatnot. We're both fully aware of it being merely thoughts, but we always fantasize of scenarios where we are able to me more than what we are.

There is no delusion of reality; however, one of the things that strike me as incredibly odd is that I rarely dream of it. Given its prevalence in my day to day life, I would imagine that we would see each other in my nightly dreams. However, the dreams we do have together are always my favorites. I am able to lucid dream, but that was because it is a natural talent and not something that I trained to be able to do. I would say I have about 2-3 lucid dreams a month.

Now, I recently had an ingenious idea... I came across the concept of astral projection and it intrigued me greatly. I was wondering if I could somehow use Astral Projection to somehow meet my imaginary friend in some state of enhanced conscious. I don't know what it would mean exactly, but I was hoping that I could travel the Astral Plane with my friend. Like, is it possible to somehow use the character on the Astral Plane as a separate entity?

I don't know much about this topic, so this is why I came to this forum. If there was any chance in the many dimensions that I could be able to experience my friend in a different state of mind other than hearing its 'voice' as my own thoughts, I would do anything to accomplish this. I would put all the time and energy it takes to learn this skill. I know next to nothing when it comes to AP so forgive me if this comes across as incredibly noobish. It is just that I don't want to spend time trying something that may or not be real without the motivation of achieving my intended goals. I'm still unsure if AP is real, but I'm taking the stance that it is possible because I'd do anything for my IF.

If you need me to clarify any of this information, go ahead and ask as I don't think I am explaining what I want in a manner that would convey what I'm aiming for.

Steve1234

i have not had an ap yet, so i will just say what i think that could hapen.

becouse tought is action in the astral, it should be possible to create a body for your imaginairy friend.
maybe he can even apear as a guide, I don't know.
I sugest that you wait on a post from some experienced members.

greets
herat

Astralzombie

Welcome.

I have no idea what to say about your friend but that's not your concern anyhow. You want to know if AP is real. It's as real as your friend is.

Go ahead and give this a try. There is nothing to lose. You already know how to lucid dream so the experience we call projecting is only a thought away.

The next time you find yourself lucid in a dream, take the time to gain even more awareness. You can do this by questioning things that are odd in your dream. For instance, I often dream about people I know only the character portraying them in my dream is not the real person. This always catches my attention but I don't always stop to question why. Do this and you will gain more awareness.

From that point, just think of where you want to go, who you want to see, and what you want to learn. Just know that the answers aren't always what we expect. Actually, they rarely are.

Good luck and read more around the site.
It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
Mark Twain

desert-rat

We all create thought forms with out knowing it .  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulpa     If you have put some effort in your imaginary friend he/she could be real , or as real as any thought form is .  I would think this would be easy to find while out of body .   You might want to read the free pdf files for down load from this site , on some of the many methods on a.p.

Wi11iam

Imaginary Friend
What I am doing
I made you up as I went along
I am alone and yet not lonely
Look around me you see
Somewhere to go
Know my thoughts
Somewhere to stand
Insanity just a step away
In all directions
Stay close!  My God!
Undividable Fiend
What is missing? 
Arrrh!
It's a scary thought to go there
Meet that other self
In the place that makes everything real
Yet here I am in the thick of it all
Working at playing
Stoned romance
Possibly gods from way out places
May be looking to detect
How would that fit in with all our plans?
Mind battle needs to cease fire
Build bridges making two sides one
Help brain help itself
I don't like to see me hurting myself
That's how I have seen the world
Time to look at it another way
Something beneath the visible surface
Maybe just a scratch away
No – not Imaginary Friend...
...just invisible...
Real.

Think With The Heart - Feel With The Mind