Is there such a thing as benevolent possession?

Previous topic - Next topic

Adnarim_Leirbag

I don't know at what point of the night my dreaming became interrupted this morning (2am-3am est) but a really strong dream caused me to become increasingly agitated and I began talking out loud in a moaning incantation (my wife said it sounded native american) and I realized in the dream I was trying to ward off and evil spirit or presence that was affecting me I know I was speaking english in the dream because I heard myself, but my outward speech was different. The few words I do remember "Evil spirits leave....this". I never experienced anything like this before and was wondering if someone had any insight into it?

My rational thinking is that I was just having a bad nightmare and reacted to the situation with a fight or flight response, for which I fought back with an incantation or prayer influenced by television or a book.

My other thinking came up with the conclusion that during the night I was being attacked by some presence or physical condition and some benevolent spirit influence or astral persona took over and handled the protection for me.

Chimerae

It's my personal experience that . . . yes, there are "benevolent possessions"

AND teachers that I find incredibly reliable tell me that there is no such thing and that my perspective is just confused (which does indeed happen on occasion)

I do know (safety tip) that when "benevolent possession" as you called it has happened it's an indicationt that I need to get really busy dealing with some doorway I've somehow left hanging open.  Spirits don't bail me out of the same trouble much more than about twice.  

Are you familiar with the story of the King