News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Is this object possessed by Jinn/Genie?

Previous topic - Next topic

Drakoreo

Lol.. Funny story. Ok so, I was in the second hand store, and eyed a cute little lamp, it seemed there was some kind of incense burnt in it, it appeared to be an incense holder, and ascetically it was unappealing, tarnished, and old. Well I had a compulsion to purchase it anyway, joking to myself, "Heheh.. It's like a genie lamp.. I'm so gonna rub it when I get home." So I cleaned it and stuff, shined it when I got home after purchasing, and all while had a strange feeling. Like, I was "violating it" or something.  So I felt the need to handle it very carefully.

Well, the day after I bought it, I ran into a guy by chance who suddenly started to tell me about Jinn/Genies. Funny eh? Well he told me how people would burn incense for them to keep them from getting angry, and I thought, "well, why wouldn't they just get rid of it?" that's when it clicked for me.. I recalled seeing brunt incense inside the little lamp. I also recall asking myself, "Why would someone get rid of this?" before I bought it, so it clicked in my mind.

Later that night I pretty much just shrugged it off. Until I was laying in bed and witness and reddish glowing human-shaped figure and the immediate sensation of a presence. I figured it was just because it was dark and my eyes were screw'n with my head or I'm was picking up an aura from something else in my room.  So after falling asleep, I dreamt of the presence talking to me and stuff, though I can't remember quite what happened. Now I am rather suspicious about the little trinket and honestly "want" to get rid of it, but also "want" to keep it. Does anyone have experience with Jinn or know anything about them? Or have any advice?

Thank you!
-Peace-

Xanth

This sounds entirely like something you've built up in your mind.  :)

Drakoreo

Possibly, and maybe not. But either way, it doesn't serve me, so I'm going to rid it. ;)
Realistically,  how do you know anything isn't just a concept?
-Peace-

Xanth

Quote from: Drakoreo on June 02, 2014, 20:25:53
Possibly, and maybe not. But either way, it doesn't serve me, so I'm going to rid it. ;)
Realistically,  how do you know anything isn't just a concept?
You don't.  :)

To me, everything is a metaphor.  Everything is just a concept. 

Astralzombie

I don't have any advice as to what you should do with you lamp but I own plenty of items that belonged to deceased individuals. One of them is a .380 Browning semi-auto pistol and the previous owner committed suicide with it. He was a Vietnam vet and I was drawn to it. I restored it to factory condition and other than the initial test firing, I have not fired it since.

I have a WW2 bayonet that the previous owner said his grandfather used twice during the Battle of the Bulge. They wanted to get rid of it because they reported weird occurrences surrounding it.

I sleep on the most comfortable queen size mattress that the previous owner died in. It is comfortable beyond words. :-)

I also wear a pair of hiking boots that were given to me by the widow of a good family friend. They too are very comfy.

I have had nothing strange happen with any of these items but then again, I never entertained the thought that something strange would occur. :wink:

I don't seek out these items but I don't avoid things just because a death is connected to them. I admit that I have a sense of duty to protect and take care of the property of vets but I don't go through any special rituals other than just to treat them with the respect that they deserve.
It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
Mark Twain