News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

MISCONCEPTIONS ABOUT PSYCHICS

Previous topic - Next topic

Killa Rican

There's a lot of crap floating around the web as usual when it comes to psychics and paranormal phenomenon and anything related to the sort. There's misunderstandings on what a "psychic" is and how they truly live.

I'm not going to lie yes of course they are plenty of fakes out there, but there's plenty of fakes towards ANYTHING as well, finding a real good genuine HONEST Clairvoyant is really rare. I have people close to me that are really close to the spirit world so I figured I drop in my 2 cents. So here I go.

1. What can I consider "Psychic"?
Well that's a pretty broad term as every normal human being is born with psychic senses and it's completely NATURAL to explore them. There's nothing "Mystical" or Magical about them. Psychics are not old gypsy women hanging out in a street corner handling crystals. So get that image out of your head. They are normal people like you and me who have a natural affinity towards sensing subtle external energies. Some are born with this gift from the get go, others have to work for it taking months or possibly years to unlock clairvoyance. On certain rare cases a Spiritual Entity attached to the individual can assist in opening up an individuals dormant clairvoyance. If a person is naturally clairvoyant, then the next generation in that family will be clairvoyant as well.

2. How do psychics work?
 Quite Simple. Intuition. Not just clairvoyance. Intuition is that "spark" within you that leads you to "knowing" things. Intuition usually gets fired up with other ability's but I will elaborate more on that in a bit. On a metaphysical level, Intuition at the very least is all we have to rationalize our non-physical experiences. If you can live everyday life managing to keep the flame of your intuition on automated ON they you can find out a lot of neat things about yourself and others, without ever actually getting to converse with an individual face to face.

3. Can Psychics really predict the future?

I always found this ridiculous. Because any HONEST true clairvoyant practitioner knows that the future isnt set in stone. It's more accurate to say Psychics can "peer" into your mind on a metaphysical level to see the outcome of the choices around you, and will likely present you with a few options.  If you hear any psychic claim a total major outcome with certainty then they are not only lying to YOU but they are lying to themselves. This is NOT the Movies. That's not how this works at all. If a Psychic is reading you, and receives imagery, they can sense the energy's around you for THIS TIME. It can always change later, but your ALWAYS presented with a choice no matter what, and it always changes the future. Think Butterfly Effect. One Example I will give is if your hanging out with the wrong crowd of people and you manage to get yourself in a tough bind, a Psychic can be received of a vision of you walking out the door to ending up getting badly hurt, shot, or killed, for whatever X reason without actually knowing anything about your life, the bind your in, and you hanging out with a bad crowd. You have your choice towards walking out that door and seal fate, or Listening to what this person has to say. Choice is yours. The psychics intuition will be fired up when they feel strongly of a certain outcome, and they will do whatever they can to prevent it, especially for your safety.

4. Can Psychics talk to spirits?
I'd say it depends. It largely depends if the psychics is naturally clairvoyant, and if they can rationalize there intuition with there clairvoyance on the information being received. Not every Psychic can talk to spirits, since as I said "Psychic" is such a broad term, theres many of "psychics" with different kind of metaphysical abilitys. But In this Case I'm throwing Clairvoyance Out. If the Psychic Is a Medium Yes they can talk to a variety of many different types of beings. They are not limited to passed humans.

5. If Mediums can channel spirits then why are there so many contradictions in the spirit world?
Depends what he/she is channeling. There's many types of beings and not all of them are "spirits"(Deceased). They are Astral Entitys And they are Spirits. Entitys Can reside in within our physical universe in a different plane, towards residing in the astral realm. There's a BIG DIFFERENCE. First, there are intelligent entities and spirits and there are unintelligent spirits.

Unintelligent spirits are spirits of the deceased. They can be human, animal, and insect alike. Not all of them are unintelligent. The unintelligent ones are those that are "stuck" perse. Whether its in a specific area, within a specific moment in time, or something else, there is something that impedes these spirits from growing and maturing on the astral plane.

These are the types of spirits that one sees in a haunting. They are the spirits that cannot leave the graveyard. They are the spirits that walk the same path over and over again at the spot where they were killed or perished.

An intelligent entity is a living entity. An intelligent spirit is a spirit that, after death, obtains an ascension of sorts and still has the ability to learn, grow, and prosper in many aspects.

As such, these intelligent beings are also emotional. They are happy, sad, angry, overbearing, protective, parental-like, etc. They go through the same types of emotions that humans do.

Astral Entitys are LIVING beings on the Astral Realm, or On the Earth Plane. They lose loved ones. They have their hearts broken. They get cheated on. They get the crap kicked out of them by the bully down the street. The get married. They have babies. They watch their children grow up. They grow old. They die. They experience almost everything that life offers us as humans in their very own realms; both the good and the bad.

You cant channel an Astral Entity and seriously ask him/her/it the biggest questions known to mankind in the universe. That's just silly.It's Very Likely they wont know either, or they can choose to deliberately lie to you, or joke around. Some of these Entitys do Believe In the Concept of a "God" some don't.

6. What is talking to a spirit like? What does Spirit Contact actually feel like?
This is always fun for me during the time in my life I was gifted with clairvoyance. If a Spirit-Entity makes contact with you, your 3rd eye will start throbbing. Internally you will feel like your head is gonna pop, but it definitely does NOT feel like a normal headache/migraine. You will be presented with very vivid spontaneous visions that are independent from you. You will start to assume the thought process and emotions of something "outside" you. This is the  entity trying to get a hold of you. It's Overwhelming in all aspects. Even the very presence will be like a weight on you. The entity's presence can have certain effects to your body during the session and your body can react in a number of ways.  The best way I can describe it is if you were having "2 people living in you". Quite literally. Two Minds in one body. You will feel the sensation of different emotions accompanied by voices or a particular thought process. The imagery they send you can be quite literal or symbolic. But intuition here will also be fired up. It's a combination of Intuition + Clairvoyance working with the voices and images being received. An Energy exchange takes places.

If anyone has questions feel free to ask and I will answer the best I can through my experience.
For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not, none will suffice. ~Joseph Dunninger

CFTraveler

Just want to add a few things:
Like you said, 'psychic' is a broad term that can mean anything.  I think it just means that the person uses that title for business or purposes in which a label is necessary, for the public.
A psychic can be:
Clairvoyant- this means they 'see'.  Not necessarily into the future, unless they're precognitive.  So any 'seeing' qualifies, like remote viewing, which is not 'into the future', or at least not necessarily.  A clairvoyant may see spirits, may see energy bodies, may see pictures that need decoding, but it's all about seeing.
They can be precognitive:  This can mean they dream about the future, or get hunches about what's going to happen, or can hear voices telling them what's going to happen.  So you have clair-senses used to tell the future.
Clairaudient, that can hear.  Same thing- can be the future, what someone is thinking, or spirits talking to them.
Clairsentient- That can feel.  Sometimes an empath can be called clairsentient- I'm not sure if it's the same thing (feeling sensations or feeling emotions) but I think many people that are clairsentient are also empathic.  At least all that I know, including myself.
Mediumistic or channels- The person who channels either entities or information that is not seen as 'themselves', although I think sometimes they do channel their own superconscious.  This can be a spirit, or any other entity.  There are ways to channel- you can get info from 'other' entities and see, hear or feel them (I've done both, and it's interesting) or channel them, that is, let them take over your body to communicate, via talking or automatic writing for example.  That I've never done and I don't think I will either.
I think that's it.
BTW, one of the reasons that you may get contradictory (or 'wrong') info is that you may be channeling subconscious stuff, which you have learned from the phenomenal world, like a belief, which may shape what you see or hear (or feel, yadda yadda), so always take any info you get with a grain of salt and test it for accuracy.
It's a way to hone your talents.  But that's another theme, I think.

Killa Rican

QuoteJust want to add a few things:
Like you said, 'psychic' is a broad term that can mean anything.  I think it just means that the person uses that title for business or purposes in which a label is necessary, for the public.
Most definitely. I don't like the word either, was just sort of an attention grabber with a term we are all familiar with. I dont really believe a person with any sort of these ability's can be 'psychic' in that sense.

I focused on clairvoyance because usually that's the ability that can assist and reinforce every other ability. Everything else spot on, it's also quite possible to have any one of those ability's open up but never realize it out of ignorance towards how it works out. In my case I had some of those abilitys open back when i was 19 but I was more like "What the heck..." seeing as I thought people used to see spirits in the way the "6th sense" movie made it seem LOL. Didnt take me a while to figure out what was going on until someone else pointed it out...

As for channelling yes, a person needs to know what the heck they are doing and have real experience rather then get through there own 'subconscious'. And I do agree some people do go overboard with what they believe, instead of abandoning all pre-conceived ideas during a "session". But There's a large difference in my experience. It's very rewarding.

:-)

For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not, none will suffice. ~Joseph Dunninger

melanie

Refreshing to see honest and clear explanations of terminology and questions which can often be unclear and confusing to people.

Ident

I've come to think that clairsentience is the really important ability. Clairvoyance can allow one to see things but without clairsentience to interpret what one sees, the vision, although very clear, can be meaningless, confusing or even misleading. Similarly, many mediums consider clairaudience to be the top-shelf ability but without clairsentience to back it up, many nuances and all of the emotions of a spirit contact will be missed. The visual and auditory abilities are wonderful gifts but one should first develop and hone one's empathic abilities to be able to know and to feel what is around one.

Edit: fixed a misleading typo. Thanks majour ka for spotting it.

majour ka

Quote from: Ident on January 11, 2012, 09:43:31
I've come to think that clairsentience is the really important ability. Clairaudience can allow one to see things but without clairsentience to interpret what one sees, the vision, although very clear, can be meaningless, confusing or even misleading. Similarly, many mediums consider clairaudience to be the top-shelf ability but without clairsentience to back it up, many nuances and all of the emotions of a spirit contact will be missed. The visual and auditory abilities are wonderful gifts but one should first develop and hone one's empathic abilities to be able to know and to feel what is around one.

While I agree with most of your comment, you stated Claraidiance as being the ability to see...which im sure you know is actually the faculty of hearing  :-)

majour ka

majour ka

Quote from: Killa Rican on January 04, 2012, 21:24:19
There's a lot of crap floating around the web as usual when it comes to psychics and paranormal phenomenon and anything related to the sort. There's misunderstandings on what a "psychic" is and how they truly live.

I'm not going to lie yes of course they are plenty of fakes out there, but there's plenty of fakes towards ANYTHING as well, finding a real good genuine HONEST Clairvoyant is really rare. I have people close to me that are really close to the spirit world so I figured I drop in my 2 cents. So here I go.

That's a fairly broad assumption that genuine and honest mediums are hard to find? In the uk there are many and I know dozens and dozens myself...are you in the states ?

1. What can I consider "Psychic"?
Well that's a pretty broad term as every normal human being is born with psychic senses and it's completely NATURAL to explore them. There's nothing "Mystical" or Magical about them. Psychics are not old gypsy women hanging out in a street corner handling crystals. So get that image out of your head. They are normal people like you and me who have a natural affinity towards sensing subtle external energies. Some are born with this gift from the get go, others have to work for it taking months or possibly years to unlock clairvoyance. On certain rare cases a Spiritual Entity attached to the individual can assist in opening up an individuals dormant clairvoyance. If a person is naturally clairvoyant, then the next generation in that family will be clairvoyant as well.

2. How do psychics work?
 Quite Simple. Intuition. Not just clairvoyance. Intuition is that "spark" within you that leads you to "knowing" things. Intuition usually gets fired up with other ability's but I will elaborate more on that in a bit. On a metaphysical level, Intuition at the very least is all we have to rationalize our non-physical experiences. If you can live everyday life managing to keep the flame of your intuition on automated ON they you can find out a lot of neat things about yourself and others, without ever actually getting to converse with an individual face to face.

4. Can Psychics talk to spirits?
I'd say it depends. It largely depends if the psychics is naturally clairvoyant, and if they can rationalize there intuition with there clairvoyance on the information being received. Not every Psychic can talk to spirits, since as I said "Psychic" is such a broad term, theres many of "psychics" with different kind of metaphysical abilitys. But In this Case I'm throwing Clairvoyance Out. If the Psychic Is a Medium Yes they can talk to a variety of many different types of beings. They are not limited to passed humans.

That not actually true. All mediums are psychic but not all psychics are Mediumistic. It depends on the amount of power the medium can work with and the level of attunment they have attained. You have mentioned clairvoyance several times, but this is a little misleading as clairvoyance just describes on of the faculties that a psychic or medium might use. But importantly there are many good mediums that work very well with out the faculty of clairvoyance. Having said that psychic and Mediumistic abilities are a constant process of refinement and all faculties should eventually come into play.

5. If Mediums can channel spirits then why are there so many contradictions in the spirit world?
Depends what he/she is channeling. There's many types of beings and not all of them are "spirits"(Deceased). They are Astral Entitys And they are Spirits. Entitys Can reside in within our physical universe in a different plane, towards residing in the astral realm. There's a BIG DIFFERENCE. First, there are intelligent entities and spirits and there are unintelligent spirits.

Unintelligent spirits are spirits of the deceased. They can be human, animal, and insect alike. Not all of them are unintelligent. The unintelligent ones are those that are "stuck" perse. Whether its in a specific area, within a specific moment in time, or something else, there is something that impedes these spirits from growing and maturing on the astral plane.

These are the types of spirits that one sees in a haunting. They are the spirits that cannot leave the graveyard. They are the spirits that walk the same path over and over again at the spot where they were killed or perished.
I don't know if you work as a medium , but I would be horrified and offended if you described on of my loved ones or friends in the spirit world as a unintelligent spirit !
I dont agree with thus idea at all. if we look at the seven principles of modern day spiritualism given from the spirit world through the Mediumship of Emma Hardige Britten then we see one of those principles is "Eternal progress open to all"

I'm sure we might find that the differences in accounts of the spirit world is largely due to the individual and subjective experience as is it is in this world

I also don't believe there are trapped spirit's that cannot leave? but i do believe there are those that choose stay close to earth in order to help for a time. as for "hauntings" that tends to be either the a fore mentioned or just energy trapped in time IE a ghost and no living spirit person.

6. What is talking to a spirit like? What does Spirit Contact actually feel like?
This is always fun for me during the time in my life I was gifted with clairvoyance. If a Spirit-Entity makes contact with you, your 3rd eye will start throbbing. Internally you will feel like your head is gonna pop, but it definitely does NOT feel like a normal headache/migraine. You will be presented with very vivid spontaneous visions that are independent from you. You will start to assume the thought process and emotions of something "outside" you. This is the  entity trying to get a hold of you. It's Overwhelming in all aspects. Even the very presence will be like a weight on you. The entity's presence can have certain effects to your body during the session and your body can react in a number of ways.  The best way I can describe it is if you were having "2 people living in you". Quite literally. Two Minds in one body. You will feel the sensation of different emotions accompanied by voices or a particular thought process. The imagery they send you can be quite literal or symbolic. But intuition here will also be fired up. It's a combination of Intuition + Clairvoyance working with the voices and images being received. An Energy exchange takes places.

If anyone has questions feel free to ask and I will answer the best I can through my experience.

Again I find it quite different, I don't experience head aches from seeing spirit people and I dont feel like I have two people living in me thankfully! or a weight on me. But i do find it an uplifting loving and wonderful experience. I will often feel as though I am becoming that person see through their eyes as it were , but however the experience feels, both mentally and upon the nervous system it is still a mind to mind contact. you should find those overwhelming sensations settle down with time and become more refined over time for you.

I know you wrote this with positive and best intentions in mind, I thank you for sharing as there are so many common myths and misconceptions about what we do as mediums and psychics. I did have to disagree with you in some places as my experiences and understanding is different and also people new to the subject should see that these experiences our belief system are also subjective and individual for us all . Regards

Killa Rican

QuoteThat's a fairly broad assumption that genuine and honest mediums are hard to find? In the uk there are many and I know dozens and dozens myself...are you in the states ?

I am in the states.

It wasn't an assumption however, It's a matter of looking in the right places in perspective of the "average joe".

Which I will also expand, it may not ALWAYS be the case of course, but getting an "Online Reading" from an "Up close & personal" reading will be different. Just because someone purchases a cheap "online reading" about anything, and find it questionable and maybe inaccurate, doesn't mean they still cant find a genuine individual in person, who can blow there mind away with the information they will receive.

That's all.  :wink:

majour ka

Quote from: Killa Rican on January 12, 2012, 14:00:50
I am in the states.

It wasn't an assumption however, It's a matter of looking in the right places in perspective of the "average joe".

Which I will also expand, it may not ALWAYS be the case of course, but getting an "Online Reading" from an "Up close & personal" reading will be different. Just because someone purchases a cheap "online reading" about anything, and find it questionable and maybe inaccurate, doesn't mean they still cant find a genuine individual in person, who can blow there mind away with the information they will receive.

That's all.  :wink:

Yeah definatly, i know what you mean. :|

Killa Rican

Didnt see your previous posts sorry I overlooked it in the quote.
That not actually true. All mediums are psychic but not all psychics are Mediumistic. It depends on the amount of power the medium can work with and the level of attunment they have attained. You have mentioned clairvoyance several times, but this is a little misleading as clairvoyance just describes on of the faculties that a psychic or medium might use. But importantly there are many good mediums that work very well with out the faculty of clairvoyance. Having said that psychic and Mediumistic abilities are a constant process of refinement and all faculties should eventually come into play.

I agree not all psychics can be medium. When I mention Clairvoyance, I mention "seeing" of course, because that will be the thing laymen can relate too. When I was younger when i heard people used to see spirits and stuff I pictured it like it was in the 6th sense movie LOL. While some people can perceive entitys in that manner, I think that's more rare, and it shouldnt be expected.
Of course there's different types of other ability's that Exist that I'm familiar with. Clairvoyance itself may not be a necessity, but "Intuition" Is definitely important with everything else!

QuoteI don't know if you work as a medium , but I would be horrified and offended if you described on of my loved ones or friends in the spirit world as a unintelligent spirit !
I dont agree with thus idea at all. if we look at the seven principles of modern day spiritualism given from the spirit world through the Mediumship of Emma Hardige Britten then we see one of those principles is "Eternal progress open to all"

I'm sure we might find that the differences in accounts of the spirit world is largely due to the individual and subjective experience as is it is in this world

I also don't believe there are trapped spirit's that cannot leave? but i do believe there are those that choose stay close to earth in order to help for a time. as for "hauntings" that tends to be either the a fore mentioned or just energy trapped in time IE a ghost and no living spirit person.
I dont consider myself a "medium" because that is a high title, But I have experience with many of the "Psychic" abilitys mentioned as well as spirit contact, and I also deal with people close to me who directly work with multiple spirits & entity's every day. There Presence and energy's are very intense it definitely has its effects on the environment. Definitely not something in the "Mind"

As for unintelligent spirits, please dont take it the wrong way. For whatever reason there is, some spirits that are earthbound are confused, traumatized, or disoriented. Some refuse to move on, some are scared what happens next, some don't even know they are dead. As for wanting to believe such things happen it's entirely up to you. It is in my belief that spirits are separate from souls however, but that's for another topic.

Ghosts are completely different from Spirits & "Unintelligent" spirits. Some people cant even tell the difference. Usually a "ghost" is just an imprint of residual energy that's recorded in the environment. It can be an event or scenario or a "persons" actions replaying itself. Any time I have seen a ghost in daytime or nighttime they have been completely oblivious to my presence & appear to be doing something they did in life. I wouldn't consider a ghost an "Unintelligent" spirit. But I do use this terminology for the sake of simplicity.

QuoteAgain I find it quite different, I don't experience head aches from seeing spirit people and I dont feel like I have two people living in me thankfully! or a weight on me. But i do find it an uplifting loving and wonderful experience. I will often feel as though I am becoming that person see through their eyes as it were , but however the experience feels, both mentally and upon the nervous system it is still a mind to mind contact. you should find those overwhelming sensations settle down with time and become more refined over time for you.

I know you wrote this with positive and best intentions in mind, I thank you for sharing as there are so many common myths and misconceptions about what we do as mediums and psychics. I did have to disagree with you in some places as my experiences and understanding is different and also people new to the subject should see that these experiences our belief system are also subjective and individual for us all . Regards

Oh of course it's no problem. We all interpret energy quite differently, and it will not be the same for all of us. I can relate to some of your feelings during spirit contact too! You see, it was different for me.  I had a Non-Human entity attached to me for quite some time of my life (Long Story). She was a great companion, and she was the one who helped opened up my dormant abilitys for where I saw Many many spirits, and creatures, I can not explain. Over time doing research, being Lost & confused, it occured to me that some of the creatures I was seeing were some of the creatures of Legend & History! That's not something I projected, that's something that came to me on it's own! Overtime I got mentored by a medium on how to handle these abilitys and more rationally. So in perspective of my experience, that is how I made spirit contact, besides actually seeing and hearing and sensing. I actually didn't mind doing things this way as long as it was accurate.It was definitely an ecstatic and enlightening experience!!

Thanks for posting though, I do love different perspectives  :-)

Since you are a medium yourself, I would love for you to expand on the original topic from YOUR experience if you would like. It would be a wonderful gift for people who come across this thread seeking real information!!

Ident

Quote from: majour ka on January 12, 2012, 13:04:00
While I agree with most of your comment, you stated Claraidiance as being the ability to see...which im sure you know is actually the faculty of hearing  :-)

Yes, thanks for catching that. The first one was meant to be "clairvoyance". A careless typo.

majour ka

Quote from: Ident on January 12, 2012, 19:10:42
Yes, thanks for catching that. The first one was meant to be "clairvoyance". A careless typo.

Lol thought so  :-D