News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Oijia Boards

Previous topic - Next topic

James S

Best bit of advice I can give here if they're going to insist on using an Ouija board, is this:

When the board is not in use, it MUST be kept covered with black fabric, preferrably silk. This is because the board when in operation is a doorway to the spirit world, and unless appropriate steps are taken to close the door - in this case using black fabric - the door is effectively left open for anything to wander through when it feels like it.

Regards,
James.

TheDarkApprentice

Just out of curiosiy, if oijia boards can be so dangerous then why did the creator of the board make the game geared towards teens and kids?? It's just hard to belive that a kid's game could actually access a gateway to the spirt world. But why is this? I'm assuming how it's made or the intention of using it. JW because i haven't used an oijia board since i was like 9 and never thought it could posses such power
"The key to success is to focus our conscious mind on things we desire not things we fear"
          -Brian Tracy

Fat_Turkey

As far as I understand it oijia boards are pretty damned old, and if you got one that had marketing towards teens and kids well then it's obvious that most companies in this world don't really understand our multidimensional existance.

Thanks for the advice guys. Any more advice will be deeply appreciated. The black silk idea was really helpful.

~FT
Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
-Anonymous

No amount of rigorous training, sitting and doing nothing, and clearing one's mind can help a man who hasn't overcome his doubts.

Andromache

From what I have heard, the main problem with OUiji boards is that very rarely do you contact higher entities that way. The ones that come to talk are usually lower entities that are bored, friustrated, or worse. Usually lower Astral scum.

Greatest way to stay safe? DON'T USE IT.

aryanknight666

They were created in the late 1800's and have always been a game for children.
They're really not that dangerous as some people would like to say. You won't always be speaking to a spirit, you can also be speaking to your subconscious mind. Also I'm not sure how black cloth or silk would stop spirits coming through a gateway...firstly if the ouija board is a gateway, it would be better to just envision light like white hot fire over the board until you are sure there is so much of it it has burnt off any residual energies and closed up the "gateway" so to speak.
The only bad thing about using it on your own would be that there's a lesser chance it will work and perhaps more of a chance you'd be speaking to your subconscious. Having other people around is more psychological then realistic. Of course, safety of a purely psychological nature can be neccesary with something that can be purely psychological.
Unless you know what you're doing then don't it on your own, other wise do it with someone else or a group of people and you can hopefully have fun. Only thing is alot of the spirits you will speak to suck at spelling, are incoherent and play games with you. The key is to find one which you can speak to properly...perhaps a deceased relative.
There is no reason why someone would be an idiot for buying one or trying it out, and no reason why it would be foolish just to touch a board...it IS just cheap peice of would with some letters painted on it after all...I'd say this is where you'd be treating the whole thing far to seriously...if you're christian then you can only accept that all spirits are just demons or the devil confusing you and so it can only lead to bad stuff...but if you're not christian then you really don't have much to worry about other then annoying or angry spirits, most of the time you'll only get something that is annoying, incoherent and repetitive at worst [|)]
so if your freind has one fat_turkey, perhaps you and some freinds can give it a try.

kiauma

There was a big long discussion about the OUIJA board in the divination forum;  
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13394

Basically, Arryanknight is right - though of course so is James, a black cloth can protect you - if you believe it can protect you.  

An Ouija board as readily manifests your fears as your hopes - and everyone here has plenty of FEAR!! [xx(]

The best preperation for any spiritual exercise is to first face your fears.   This was the point of all the ancient 'purification' rituals performed by prospective spiritual initiates - and I see over and over and over in PSD that this basic necessity is ignored.   Thus all the tales of woe in the 'PSD' forum.   Here, though, I think the best defense is a strong self knowledge.

As to evil entities getting at you through an Ouija board - sounds like B-movie material;
http://www.museumoftalkingboards.com/Film.html
Non semper ea sunt quae videntur.

aryanknight666

Yes, if you beleive the cloth protects then it will act a a poppit and it will work.

Silver Incubus

Everything I have every heard about them has been pretty bad. I have used one once but it was with many other people. Apparently it was my ex gf's father by the name it gave, my ex was able to see and hear ghosts after her father died.

But I would just say that even if you don't believe they don't work doesn't mean they won't. When your dabbling in things you don't fully understand, then things are bound to go wrong.
"Life is an Illusion that is painfully real" - me

kiauma

But I would just say that even if you don't believe they don't work doesn't mean they won't. When your dabbling in things you don't fully understand, then things are bound to go wrong.

I bow to your beliefs, as will/do you.
Non semper ea sunt quae videntur.

astralpwka

I have friends that use theirs regularly. If I could astral project with any amount of proficiency, we were talking about seeing if I could talk through the ouija board while out of body, or see what spirits were hanging around while they're playing with it. Unfortunately (?) the opportunity has not presented itself yet.

Hand of Ganesha

I believe the Oujia Board is the product of dark forces, while the tarot card sys is the product of forces of the light. Of course, neither side tells us anything, it is up to us and our "free will" to figure what is going on. [:o)]
Always live as nothing, and your mission is fulfilled immediately.

aryanknight666

Hey ganesha,
You obviously aren't christian as you wouldn't be engaged in occult practices, so why do you beleive in light and dark forces? remeber this things come from judaism, islam, christianity and zoroastrionism. Dark forces actually means anything to do with spirituality at all, christians and the aforementioned beleive that all of the occult divination whatever is of dark forces, because divination is strictly condemned and declared a sin by "God", they do not beleive 'holy angels' would ever contact humans through divination because it is forbidden. They beleive only demons do this.

Hand of Ganesha

Yup, I aint a Christian. And I believe the concept of light and darkness aint exclusive to Christians. Both Buddhism and Hinduism also believe in demons (asuras) and angels (devas) but do not place much emphasis on them.
I had frequent discussions with a Christian friend and yes, he stubborn refuses to see otherwise: all forms of divination and "magic" is the devil's product BUT I read this argument on another thread: isnt saying a Christian prayer also invoking higher forces to help u, isnt saying in your mind "Dear Lord, what I shall I do" divination, Jesus raised the dead in the bible, Hey! isnt that necromancy!
I believe Christians have already been dabbling with "magic", jus that "their magic" is legtimate". My Christian friend told me how the church founder's wife has the ability to sense other people's emotions and act accordingly. For crying out loud, if he read more books on pyschic development, he would have known it is clarisentience. [|)]

Hand of Ganesha

Btw, I forgot to add that based on "their" beliefs, wouldn't the TV series "Touched by an angel" be considered Satantic?? [}:)]

PS: In the show, a trio of angels come down to Earth in human form to interact and help out needy souls.

aryanknight666

quote:
Yup, I aint a Christian. And I believe the concept of light and darkness aint exclusive to Christians. Both Buddhism and Hinduism also believe in demons (asuras) and angels (devas) but do not place much emphasis on them.
I had frequent discussions with a Christian friend and yes, he stubborn refuses to see otherwise: all forms of divination and "magic" is the devil's product BUT I read this argument on another thread: isnt saying a Christian prayer also invoking higher forces to help u, isnt saying in your mind "Dear Lord, what I shall I do" divination, Jesus raised the dead in the bible, Hey! isnt that necromancy!
I believe Christians have already been dabbling with "magic", jus that "their magic" is legtimate". My Christian friend told me how the church founder's wife has the ability to sense other people's emotions and act accordingly. For crying out loud, if he read more books on pyschic development, he would have known it is clarisentience.

Well in buddhism the demon is souly a product of the subject's mind.
And, well, they aren't demons and angels, they're asuras and devas.
Angel='holy' servant of the judeao-christian god who adheres to him very strictly, however are not entirely postive as in their mythology they do mass murder and spread famine and disease.

Demon=A greek word meaning something different but used to name the "fallen angels" who deceive people by impersonating angels in the dead in mediumship, necromancy and divination, are behind all occult practices and use other religions to 'deceive' humans including spiritualty and spiritualism.

To a buddhist, a christian angel is an asura or mara of 6th heaven because they adhere to something which prevents cultivation.

I don't beleive there are beings soully intended for evil and others soully intended for good. I beleive all beings are sentient with emotions and choices and act accordingly. I think that people can be both good and evil. People are at times cruel and at other times loving. It is all the nature of the sentient being. And so I beleive this applies to animals, humans, spirits and other non-terrestrial beings (most of them, a race like the grays for example appear to be not sentient at all but purely intellectual and in the pursuit of knowledge and science with no empathy, joy, sadness, remorse, etc)

aryanknight666

Also what you described is precisely why christians consider such things to be sins, they only beleive in consulting 'god' or the 'lord'.

EboplasmII

IMHO the Ouija board is just a tool for divination, just like the pendulum or dowsing rods. When using it alone, one might channel a spirit or one may just have a conversation with his/hers subconcious mind. I believe that when using the board in a group, it works just like a seans(spelling?) where one person is the medium and the rest of the group is like a battery and an antenna for the medium and spirit. At least this is what I have observed when using the ouija board. I've also noticed that after a successfull session, everyone feels really tired. Could it be that the spirit uses our energy to communicate with us?

I do not believe that the Ouija board itself is dangerous.
He who can swallow his own nose, is exposed

aryanknight666

I think people get tired from the presence of the being, either that or the mental effort of channeling the spirit, or the spirit uses energy.
There are a few different explanations that I have of how the ouija works.
One is that energy is used. If you consult a spirit which is on this plane so like in a haunted place it'll use energy to move the glass right there. But if you're contacting something "on the other side" so to speak "in the ethereal" it opens a vortex and pushes the energy through, I think that the cold spots felt around the board/table/group are the vortexes and energy streams. The cold spots around the glass and  the coldness of the glass is the energy which is being used to move it. I think that the energy around the people's fingers is around the glass and the spirit uses this. I think in this way either people get tired because the spirit just takes energy or uses energy for moving the glass. The tiredness could just come from the psychic force exerted by the entity's presence.
Another way it works maybe that the person(s) channels the spirit subconsciously sort of and the spirit that is being communicated with moves the hand by causing reflexes, or it may externally move the hand in this case it would no really be the "channeling" method.

EboplasmII

I've actually never experienced the glass moving by itself when I've been doing it, alone or with others. It has always been someone or everyone actually guiding the glass over the letters to build a sentence of some kind. However I have been noticing the cold spots and at some times I've seen a shadowy thing moving at quite great speed up in the cealing.
But I'm not saying that the glass couldn't be moved by the spirit directly I believe it can. But I think that it is a more rare event. I think those kind of phenomena would occur more often at a haunted place.
He who can swallow his own nose, is exposed

Rob

You know, I've never really thought of this before, but once when I was in primary school me and a couple of friends decided to try a ouija bourd - talk about starting young eh? No idea how we came to do that, but we often ran other telepathy number guessing tests, and such like. Anyway with oija we were doing it with one big difference: we were in the playground, and using rocks. What I never noticed until just now is that with normal boards, you have a glass that slides over polshed wood - not very difficult to achieve. But on concrete, with rocks?!? Pretty hard to make the thing move around like it did, just by putting your fingers on the top. Impossible even. HHHhhhhhrrrum.......

For protection - magick ritual (inside protective circle) could be used. Or if you wanted to filter out all earthbound spirits perhaps the running water countermeasure would prove effective.

Rob
(!!!Formerly known as Inguma!!!)
You are the Alpha and the Omega. You are vaster than the universe and more powerful than a flaring supernova. You are truly incredible!!

Hand of Ganesha

quote:

Well in buddhism the demon is souly a product of the subject's mind.
And, well, they aren't demons and angels, they're asuras and devas.
Angel='holy' servant of the judeao-christian god who adheres to him very strictly, however are not entirely postive as in their mythology they do mass murder and spread famine and disease.

Demon=A greek word meaning something different but used to name the "fallen angels" who deceive people by impersonating angels in the dead in mediumship, necromancy and divination, are behind all occult practices and use other religions to 'deceive' humans including spiritualty and spiritualism.

To a buddhist, a christian angel is an asura or mara of 6th heaven because they adhere to something which prevents cultivation.

u can give all sorts of names or labels to a cat but a cat is still a cat

Fat_Turkey

Although I sound like I'm trying to cover my tracks, a friend of mine, despite my warnings, has bought a oijia board. The only part of my extreme warning against even touching one of those things was the part about correct defences.

Now, as per her special request, she wants to know how to properly protect herself with this thing and her friends. Personally I think she's an idiot for even getting one in the first place, and she'd be better off simply projecting if she wanted to "contact the spirit world."

So, without further ado, anybody out there with some knowledge it would be greatly appreciated by her (and even moreso me[xx(]) if someone provided some guidelines and precautions.

Thanks!
~FT
Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
-Anonymous

No amount of rigorous training, sitting and doing nothing, and clearing one's mind can help a man who hasn't overcome his doubts.

TheDarkApprentice

I don't know if someone said this allready, but is what is an Ouija made of for it to be a gateway to the spirt world. I doubt it's the material, but I am assuming it's because you are planning to talk to the spirt world so you actually are. So if thats true, then I wouldnt see why you could make your own Ouija out of somthing stupid like plastic or whatever.

Also, can you use an ouija board accuaretly with 1 or 2 people.
"The key to success is to focus our conscious mind on things we desire not things we fear"
          -Brian Tracy

aryanknight666

Hand of Ganesha, a christian fallen angel is completely different to an asura of buddhism, 'demon' was a name given to christian fallen angels in the greek translation.
Mara of 6th heaven is not a positive being and is completely unlike the christian angels. Asuras and Devas are not even literal entities anyway.

pod_3

I was impressed by children who can make a game of anything and get smarter by using their imaginations. They don't need adult help for ideas.

Ask yourself what they are learning, and you will see that children's games developed by adults are for purposes of indoctrination. I have stocked store shelves with mini Mc Donald's and Barbi's  elitist trappings. What should I think of a toy that suggests for children to entice unknown spirits? Where is their failsafe?!
Delete this, Major Tom. I will not have any more of my posts removed due to their rebuttal of admittedly anti-Semitic Illuminatists, who have have been referred to with quotes and specific bibliographical information.