News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

On the subject of Qabalah and psychic attacks

Previous topic - Next topic

Fenris

Mathias Jonsson

Thank you for the effort and thought you have put into your post. I found it educational, insightful and an inspiration to keep reading and learning.

My personal experience has been that walking the middle pillar is not easy. Being that my grounding was generic fuzzy wiccan magick I found that acknowledging the existance of my darker self difficult. So I seemingly attempted to embrace it in an attempt to learn and find balance. I have never practiced 'negative' magic, but have found it can be easy to become infactuated with my 'dark' self. Being a nice shade of grey is logical to me, and I will learn as I grow.

Your reference to the GD and ego greatly interests me. I have been reading and begining to practice GD rituals and the idea of developing a god complex concerns me somewhat.    

Regards David

Veni Vidi Vici

Mathias Jonsson

Hello fenris!

Nice to hear that you enjoyed my post, on this rather difficult matter.
Becoming a White magician or Theurgist often is much more difficult than most people think, as you must deal with your shadow-aspect, that both encapsulates your unbalanced aspects as well as weak psychological or subjective aspects.

During my six-year long study of magick, which was crossed by psychic attacks, I have learnt that the occult world is deep waters where many lurking dangers prowl. They can be either in forms of qlipphah (negs) or it can defaults in your unconscious that become activated when you sart doing magick. Especially a ritual such as MPR which activates the psychic centres may activate these defaults and/or attract negs.

This does´t mean that I want to urge people not to study magick, but the recommendation to combine it with psychotherapy as suggested both by Israel Regardie and Denning & P hilips is very true. Had I had the money I´d take up therapy, of the Jungian school, as this is most iin resonance with the esoteric.

On the subjetc of the inner battels in The Golden Dawn I strongly recommned Francis King´s book "Ritual Magic in England" which deals with all these personnel conflicts, unfortunately it may be out-of-print.

LVX

Mathias

Adrian

Greetings Mathias!

Thank you for your interesting post, which I confess I have only just read.

I would just like to add that some, but by no means all, attacks of varying severities, might be due to the resolving of current or past life Karma.

Past life Karma might well be difficult to identify, especially when, otherwise seemongly innocent, nice every day people are being attacked or possessed.

It is doubtful however whether possessions or attacks on children or babies are a result of past life Karma I would suggest - because at that age, and stage of their maturity, they would not likely be equipped to understand the Karmic lesson being served, and would accordingly not be equipped  to resolve it. In those cases, your ideas might be more relevant possibly.

With best regards,

Adrian.

https://ourultimatereality.com/
Vincit Omnia Veritas

Mathias Jonsson

Hello Adrian!

I completely agree with you, in my case it seems that karma has a very strong influence indeed. One psychici healer that could help me (for the short term only unfortunately) said that his trance reading (which I also  experienced on the astral plane) indicated that my attacks were due to me having lived a former life as a shaman and misusing my then  magickal powers  and as a result I had got enemies. His diaignosis of my current psychic state involved me being a victim of a voodoo-ilke curse being entangled or enclosed in a steel-like web.

I don´t know how much of this is accurate, but studying my astrological birth chart, I´ve found that I have strong karmic indications:Scorpio as rising sign/ascending sign, Jupiter in Scorpio conjunct Neptune in Sagittarius in the First House
Sun in The Eighth House
Saturn in the Seventh House
Moon in The third House (in Capricornus)
A lot of Oppositions, including Saturn & Venus opposition Jupiter & Neptune (in the first House), as well as many trines, Venus trine Pluto, Saturn trine Pluto, Moon trine Pluto, Mars trine Sun, Mars in Aquarius conjnuct North Node, also the South Node in Leo (hence a powerful karmic position).

I`m born June 11th 1971, and numerologically I´m a 35/8, which is strongly karmically affected. Also whilst growing up I have gone through psychologically turbulent experiences (typical of someone with strong Scorpio/Pluto-influence), which I´ve managed to survive, so in my case the psychic attacks are definitely in some way linked to karma.

Also my apartment is numbered 26 which is a th most karmic number, also related to the path Ayin/The Devil/Capricornus - The renewing intelligence, learning to see through the material illusions that bind us, overcoming material obsessions, such as greed and lust.

I regard myself as one of those who have strong feelings that certain things in my life are meant to be, I´m not a fatalist as I believe that via using magick we can change or at least moderate life´s currents, but if I said that karma is not evident in my life I would be lying indeed! :)

Mathias Jonsson

This post is in fact meant to be a reply to a previous post which discussed whether psychic attacks are connected to The Pillar of Severity or not, but as I had trouble locating the post I wrote a new on this topic.

In my opinion the connection with the pillar of Severity is not unlikely, but I would gather that the issue of psychic attacks is more complex than that.
The assumption that "evil" is connected to the Pillar Of Severity is much a view that seems to have been taken from the Orthodox Jewish Cabalists, which ascribed evil much to the feminine.

In my opinion although attacks have indeed a strong Martian element in them (and thus adhering to the fifth sephira on the pillar of Severity - Geburah/Madim) I think that psychic attacks are connected to several sephiroth, as well as many or all of the elements (though one element is probably dominating). An astrological birth-chart might be helpful to detect difficult aspects such as Oppositions, Quincuxes.

Largely I think that the psychic attacks are attempts of the Qlippoth (the shells, the unbalanced sephirothic powers) to gain entrance to our World, to manifest in this the lowest and densest part of Assiah- the World of Matter).

The attacks seem to be largely projected through the Middle Pillar: especially Malkuth and/or Yesod (which corresponds to the feet chakra andthe root/genital chakra) also Daath (the sphere  which is not a real sephiroth and is placed between The Supernal Triad of Kether, Chokmah and Binah) is also said to be a possible channel for manifestation of the Qlippoth, it is said to be guarded by the archdemon Choronzon.

Most of these qlipphotic beings, eg. negs, seem to be of the lower astral wildlife, I don´t think that more powerful qlipphotic beings such as Princes, Archdemons,etc. seek manifestation in the same way, it is possible depending on what the circumstances are, but their motives seem more to be on the grander scale, thus they would probably try to materialise and create imbalance through someone more politically powerful, like a mlitary leader and/or someone that can affect real devastation, such as a serial killer. Serial killer are often said to feel forced to commit these atrocities by inner voices/forces, though they assuredly are mentally insane, it is my opinion that they are largely controlled by powerful qlipphah as well.

As one line in the classic film "The Exorcist", Father Merrin says something that it is´nt the girl Regan that is the target, but other people in her surroundings (probably Father Karras who has lost his faith, as well as Merrin himself). She is merely the channel of manifestation.

It has been said that The Second World War in fact was an expression of powerful Qlippothic powers that found a channel (the Nazis) to both materialise and create grand unbalance, as we know that larvae feed on the wounded of the battlefields, this is not something that I find implausible.

The Qlippoth and the reverse side of TheTree of Life - the Tree of Death is a subject that is rarely studied in depth by White Occultists, dark Magicians though view this dark shadow tree not as "evil" in the traditional sense rather as the negative counterpart to the positive lighter side of the tree, and the true well of wisdom.

They use the Kundalini to gain entrance to the sphere of Lilith (the Yesod Qlipphah) and they say that the Qlipphah should be sought in the darkness, at night, during Waning Moon etc.

I have had some contacts with darker beings, but to me even though they can be fascinating in many ways, they are difficult to handle. One must take into account that they are great seducers, liars, illusionists and the one that ventures into their realm must have a lot of magickal expertise, backup power and wisdom.

But confronting The Shadow/darker aspect of ourselves is indeed very important, we have to know our imbalanced aspects to becomed balanced, as the Way Of Return on The Tree Of Life means both a process of cutting down and building up, something magicians of many orders such as THE Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn had to learn the hard way.Magick inflates ego and it also gives power to our unconscious weaknesses.

The balanced aspect of Geburah  means cutting out the cancer of ills in our lives as well as breaking down the imbalanced Chesed bulidings that bars our growth.
Thus we must awake the Elohim Gibor in ourselves to fight the imbalanced negs, as well as YHVH Eloah-Ve Daath of Tiphereth as the balancing/harmonising godforce.

I often feel like I´m standing between The Balanced and the Unbalanced and that both sides try to make me side with them.
Though I have felt that the psychic attacks are the unbalanced forces attempts to both hinder me from advancing in Theurgy (White magick) and seduce me to join their Left-hand paths.
The problem of choosing side is also a moral one, The Theurgic means that you have to adhere to high morals, whereas The darker means negelcting morals, or doing whatever you want basically.
Crowley described something similar: "The good forces and th evil forces fought over my soul but in the end who was the Good and who the Evil?"