OPUS: Emergency room for psychic attack victims?

Previous topic - Next topic

Winged_Wolf

Charles Tart struck me as a fairly reliable looking sort.  Certainly he's well known in the psi community, even if he IS afraid of Uncle Chuckie.

--Winged Wolf
"I will stare at the sun until its light doesn't blind me, and I will walk into the fire, 'til its heat doesn't burn me, and I will feed the fire...."
--Winged Wolf
http://www.lulu.com/wingedwolfpsion
"I will stare at the sun until its light doesn't blind me, and I will walk into the fire, 'til its heat doesn't burn me, and I will feed the fire...."

Mobius

I,ve only had a brief look at the sites & cant see anything bad in it.
Maybe soon we will have a bit of a spiritual revolution,where
medicine will work with metaphysics.
Thanks for posting the site,I didnt have that one.

I dont know much about the guy so at the moment I cant recomend to
anyone I know until I gather more information myself.

All the best on your journeys

Mobius

Nita

Hello Mobius
  I have heard of Charles Tart. He has been a psychic researcher for years. He and his wife work with others who do scientific research that has helped provide proof of psychic abilities.
  I believe that it could really provide a service to someone having a spiritual awakening to have someone to talk too. Our society is set up where being different can cause a lot of problems.
  Nita

www.astralhealer.com
www.hermeticuniversityonline.com

Mobius

Hi Nita,yes it sounds very good & hope something like that is opened
up in Australia.Nice people by the sounds of things & what great &
admirable work they would be doing.I would like to see some of the
cases that go through there.This is great do you guys know if there
has been any news coverage or interviews taken place yet?
If everything works well over in the U.S.A with it,we might have
something like it soon.

Crowded elevator smell different to midget.

Good journeys

Mobius

PeacefulWarrior

Let's say a friend of mine knows little or nothing about the "paranormal" but suddenly feels he or she is being "attacked" by unseen forces.  After a visit to the doctor, psychologist, etc. he or she is told that they are fine--that there doesn't appear to be anything wrong with them physically, and psychologically they seem sound.  Then they come accross a web site like the one I have posted below.

What do you more experienced members of the forum think about organizations like this?  How do they differ (or do they?) from individuals like Robert Bruce?  Would you consider referring friends or individuals on this forum to this organization? The idea of finding and being put in contact with experienced psychic individuals sounds promising for those who are under attack...

Read the info below and then please check out the site itself.

I found the following info at:
http://www.paradigm-sys.com/cttart/misc-docs/ctt00-help1.html

homepage:
http://www.paradigm-sys.com/cttdb/misc.html

Help with Strange Experiences
Judy Tart
Introduction by Charles T. Tart

Individuals are sometimes stressed and confused by unusual experiences of a psychic, mystical, or altered states nature.  Sometimes they represent serious psychological disturbance that requires professional help from the mainstream helping professions, but sometimes a little knowledge of such experiences or a sympathetic listener is all that's required. Below is a description from a book of mine, written by my wife Judy several years ago of the Spiritual Emergence Network, with updated address, that may be of help to you if you have been thrown off balance by an unusual experience.

This article is a little out of date but gives the general idea. More up to date information can be gotten from SEN itself. Please
pass this info along it may help someone who's stressed out by an unusual experience.

Following that is a note on a new organization, OPUS.

THE SPIRITUAL EMERGENCE NETWORK
                                          by Judy Tart

Many travelers on the spiritual path have found the going rough, or have suddenly found themselves at a level of awareness and/or energy transformation they were not prepared to handle. Perhaps others around them have also had difficulty in dealing with the enormous new levels of knowledge, insight, and energy their friends are experiencing. Even worse, many persons who do not consider themselves seekers or spiritual wake up one morning to find their world suddenly changed hearing voices, seeing visions, knowing the thoughts and secret feelings of others around them. We know what usually happens to anyone in our society who not only has these experiences but is foolish enough to talk about them to others a 72hour hold in the nearest
"spiritual correction" center and some massive doses of Thorazine to bring them back to "normal."

In order to avoid this situation, and to help those who are trying to figure out if they're becoming enlightened or going crazy,
Stan and Christina Grof and Rita Rohan several years ago established the Spiritual Emergency Network (SEN). It was first
based at Esalen Institute; then at the California Institute of Transpersonal Psychology (now know simply as the Institute for
Transpersonal Psychology) in Menlo Park. Now (June 2, 1996), the address is:
                                    SEN 930 Mission Street # 7
                                       Santa Cruz CA 95060
                                          408/426-0902
                           (if this doesn't work, try Information [14085551212])
  UPDATE:  As of late-1999, SEN is now located at the California Institute of Integral Studies in San
Francisco.  They can be contacted by telephone at (415) 648-2610, by email at SEN@CIIS.edu, and now
                           have a website at  http://www.ciis.edu/community/ .

What does SEN do? Anyone experiencing altered states of awareness, energy, insights, who needs some nurturing, reassurance, and help while going through this transformation, can call SEN and hopefully find someone nearby who has had similar experiences, or someone who is a therapist sensitive to and aware of spiritual dimensions of reality, whom they can contact for assistance. The network of individuals and organizations in SEN numbers more than 10,000 at present. By writing
or phoning SEN you can receive information and referral for yourself or others. There is also an educational program, including
articles, bibliographies, tapes, lectures, workshops and conferences on aspects of spiritual opening and crisis.

SEN's membership is open to anyone who is interested in the goals of spiritual awakening and what might be called spiritual
midwifery. Having recently reread Bert Kaplan's "The Inner World of Mental Illness," I am very struck by the almost universal
themes of spiritual awakening running through diverse firsthand accounts of people's experience with madness, along with the
equally striking lack of recognition of the same by the socalled authorities. It is also frightening to realize that today, with our
antipsychotic medications, people aren't even allowed to experience their mystical states in the privacy of their own minds. I see
SEN as filling a pretty urgent need. If you want more information, please write or call SEN at the above address. They need
support, volunteer networkers, and others to spread the word that they exist and are available to help out when needed.

Originally the Network's purpose was to deal with people having a crisis because of spiritual or psychic experiences happening
to them. They have found, however, that while this is an important part of their functioning, a larger part is in networking people
and providing information to facilitate a more general emergence of spiritual potentials. For many people, a little information to
the effect that they are not alone, that there are some words that describe their experiences and books that can be read, is
enough to help them on their spiritual journey.

Edited by - daniel on 29 March 2002  08:49:51
We shall not cease from our exploration, and at the end of all our exploring, we shall arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.
T.S. Elliot
---------------
fides quaerens intellectum