News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Ouija Board on Halloween - stupid?

Previous topic - Next topic

Realisation

So my friend has just informed me that he and my other friend are planning to a Ouija Board on Halloween, what do you all think this?

Personally, I think it's completely psychotic.

Xanth

Quote from: Realisation on October 26, 2010, 15:27:47
Personally, I think it's completely psychotic.
I agree completely.
Tell them that they're messing with something that they don't understand.

If they still do it... well, you gave it your best shot.  Meh.

Realisation

What's even more stupid, is that my friend's house is definitely haunted..
And from the stuff he's said I reckon he's got a Shadow Person lurkin'

Capt. Picard

Quote from: Xanth on October 26, 2010, 15:38:28
I agree completely.
Tell them that they're messing with something that they don't understand.

If they still do it... well, you gave it your best shot.  Meh.

So you cant be hurt in the astral but you can get hurt in the physical from the astral? Didnt expect this answer from you TBH.

Xanth

Quote from: Capt. Picard on October 26, 2010, 16:05:38
So you cant be hurt in the astral but you can get hurt in the physical from the astral? Didnt expect this answer from you TBH.
I said you could be hurt in the physical by something in the astral?
That's news to me.  ;)

I said don't mess with something you don't understand.

Capt. Picard

Why not? You cant be harmed in the astral then what could harm you from a oujia board? Obviously harm was implyed if you warned him about messing with something? Is my question not valid?

Realisation

Quote from: Capt. Picard on October 26, 2010, 16:13:26
Why not? You cant be harmed in the astral then what could harm you from a oujia board? Obviously harm was implyed if you warned him about messing with something? Is my question not valid?

Basically opening a 'doorway' to all things, good and bad, from whatever plane the boards come into contact with. Except, it's like a one-way doorway so once they come through, they don't go back; unless you know how to use one properly obviously. (Which these two nuggets don't)

Xanth

Quote from: Capt. Picard on October 26, 2010, 16:13:26
Yup, you're 100% correct.
I retract my previous statement.

Xanth

Quote from: Realisation on October 26, 2010, 16:21:12
Basically opening a 'doorway' to all things, good and bad, from whatever plane the boards come into contact with. Except, it's like a one-way doorway so once they come through, they don't go back; unless you know how to use one properly obviously. (Which these two nuggets don't)
Nope, he's actually right.  I let my old beliefs get in the way.

If I was to really think about this for a second... I'd say that whatever is "conjured" is a reflection upon the state of mind and beliefs of those who are using the board to begin with.

Stillwater

Well... my opinion is... who knows exactly what happens when you use a Ouija Board? It seems irresponsible to make a definitive statement about what might or might not happen, or how it funcitons, or what it can and cannot do. Bottom line I think is that no one is really qualified to say. I know a lot of people have had bad experiences with them, but it is anyone's guess why. It might be the subconscious expectation something bad will happen based on other people's accounts, or maybe some sort of guilt that it is a kind of mettling in something that should be left alone that manifest's a persons own fears. Maybe there really are entities being contacted.

It is one of those cases where it is impossible to separate the psychological element (it requires a person to move their own limbs to work, afterall, even if they don't think the movements are voluntary) from the lore surrounding the activity, and even possible metaphysical conotations.

I don't think using it on Halloween would have any significance, beyond expectations they bring to the table by using it then.
"The Gardener is but a dream of the Garden."

-Unattributed Zen monastic

Xanth

Quote from: Stillwater on October 26, 2010, 19:07:32
Well... my opinion is... who knows exactly what happens when you use a Ouija Board? It seems irresponsible to make a definitive statement about what might or might not happen, or how it funcitons, or what it can and cannot do. Bottom line I think is that no one is really qualified to say. I know a lot of people have had bad experiences with them, but it is anyone's guess why. It might be the subconscious expectation something bad will happen based on other people's accounts, or maybe some sort of guilt that it is a kind of mettling in something that should be left alone that manifest's a persons own fears. Maybe there really are entities being contacted.

It is one of those cases where it is impossible to separate the psychological element (it requires a person to move their own limbs to work, afterall, even if they don't think the movements are voluntary) from the lore surrounding the activity, and even possible metaphysical conotations.

I don't think using it on Halloween would have any significance, beyond expectations they bring to the table by using it then.
Well said.  :)

blis

Ouija boards scare me. I'm not scared of harm per se but more inviting something into my life that has the potential to disturb me.

I know pretty much nothing about ouija boards but I've always thought of them as like giving permision to any old spirit to come and freak me out. You hear stories of spirits attatching themselves to people and following them around. I had an experience staying overnight in a haunted house once and it scared the bejeesus out of me. If I had to deal with that every day I'd be in an insane asylum.

horaciocs

I think that you can control what comes to you when you use them. If you keep a clear mind and have enough emotional balance you can call for more advanced beings. For instance, you could call for your spiritual guide to show up. If ill-intended, lower beings can show up and give "advice", why wouldn't your guide be able to?
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
than are dreamt of in your philosophy"

I've created a blog of some sort: http://pursuingconscience.blogspot.com/

personalreality

It's not really any different than using a pendulum.

The pendulum is moved by micro muscle movements in the hand that are stimulated in the brain by the subconscious (higher self, astral self, whatever).  You're not invoking an entity into the board, like any form of divination, you are simply providing a user interface to your intuition.  No harm done.
be awesome.

horaciocs

Quote from: personalreality on October 26, 2010, 21:30:10
It's not really any different than using a pendulum.

The pendulum is moved by micro muscle movements in the hand that are stimulated in the brain by the subconscious (higher self, astral self, whatever).  You're not invoking an entity into the board, like any form of divination, you are simply providing a user interface to your intuition.  No harm done.
Yes, I think it goes along with something I posted somewhere regarding types of information inputs avaliable to the subconscious in contrast with the sensory limitations of the conscious mind. But I think there can be influence from other forms of conscience, and only the subconscious can capture those. I don't think it's your subconscious alone talking - it's colored by influences from other forms of conscience it can perceive.

CFTraveler

The thing is, that, in the years that I've participated in metaphysical bulletin boards, I haven't yet read about one person who ended up possessed (or with problematic symptoms, if you know what I mean) by using pendulums or, for example, the Tarot, yet I have read countless  accounts of people who did have problems after playing with a Ouija board- and met one personally.
So, I'd stay away from them, just because of the odds.

Naykid

We used to play with one all the time when younger and just last weekend I found a old Ouija board while cleaning.  We messed with it and got totally bored with it within five minutes.  I'd forgotten how boring it was to sit there forever waiting for the stupid thing to move WITHOUT the help of one of the people that had their fingers on it.  I say a harmless wooden toy unless you believe it's the portal of hell.   Then I suppose it could become just that.   :evil:

personalreality

Quote from: horaciocs on October 26, 2010, 22:17:46
Yes, I think it goes along with something I posted somewhere regarding types of information inputs avaliable to the subconscious in contrast with the sensory limitations of the conscious mind. But I think there can be influence from other forms of conscience, and only the subconscious can capture those. I don't think it's your subconscious alone talking - it's colored by influences from other forms of conscience it can perceive.

Don't misunderstand me.  I didn't mean to imply that your subconscious is closed off.  I would suspect that it interacts with a greater amalgam of consciousness.
be awesome.

horaciocs

Quote from: personalreality on October 27, 2010, 10:35:11
Don't misunderstand me.  I didn't mean to imply that your subconscious is closed off.  I would suspect that it interacts with a greater amalgam of consciousness.
We agree, then  :-)

Gabbelino

Quote from: CFTraveler on October 26, 2010, 22:59:50

So, I'd stay away from them, just because of the odds.

That's a wise choice, 2 friends of mine use a Ouija board sometimes and what they've told me and asking if i want to join them some night..I say HELL NO! They've actually managed to contact a demon which presented itself as A Knight of the Devil" and my friend saw the other friends eyes turn white and he had fangs...and one of them have had hard times to sleep after that, You don't want to mess with Ouija boards and especially not 03:00 in the morning..

personalreality

this is all such bullsh*t.

you're stupid if you really believe that you are invoking demons through a ouija board.  it's a piece of cardboard with letters painted on it.

seriously?

at best, it's no more than a divination system that pulls from your own subconscious.
be awesome.

Xanth

Quote from: personalreality on March 28, 2011, 08:51:57
this is all such bullsh*t.

you're stupid if you really believe that you are invoking demons through a ouija board.  it's a piece of cardboard with letters painted on it.

seriously?

at best, it's no more than a divination system that pulls from your own subconscious.
Now now PR.  Nobody is "stupid" for holding a belief.  :)

personalreality

my apologizes.

naive, ignorant, superstitious, primitive, mentally disabled.

please, change out "stupid" with any one of these more politically correct synonyms.
be awesome.

Xanth

Quote from: personalreality on March 28, 2011, 08:57:37
my apologizes.

naive, ignorant, superstitious, primitive, mentally disabled.

please, change out "stupid" with any one of these more politically correct synonyms.
You're so poetic with your choice of words.  LoL

Stillwater

At any rate, real or imagined, subconscious projections or the astral armies of satan, people do have bad experiences with these Ouija boards. Not saying I know why, but it does not seem like the funnest time if you're into divination and augery and such.
"The Gardener is but a dream of the Garden."

-Unattributed Zen monastic