News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Positive Ions

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Knight

No, but I once had a book by Denise Linn called "Sacred Space" and she mentioned the use of Neg Ion Generators.

Well, I take it back, I have a water fountain in my living area, water fountains are supposed to be Negative Ion Generators if I am remembering correctly. Does some good, but doesn't quell the attacks as much as I would like.

shedt

that sounds really nice. i found this site that had some good tips for if you use your computer alot. I fiugure if positive ions do effect you in a negative way, then it would be easier for a neg too attack you ro influence you. since my work involves me using a computer all day i'm going too try some of these tips

http://www.mindbodyhealing.com/html/tips.html

thanks for the reply !

holy reality

would leaving my monitor in my room on idle like where the light turns orange but it's not completely off be bad for me while i sleep?

i hadn't really ever thought about that.
!..............!

shedt

I really don't know, but it would not hurt too turn it completly off.

Grigori

I'm not clear on why "computer monitors" are supposed to be emiting "positive ions". The standard monitors I thought worked like a TV with a picture tube. The picture tube essentially works by accelerating electrons (which are negatively charged) at a screen ... so I'm not clear on where the "positive ions" are coming from.

Also the new flat panel screens ... aren't they essentially big LED arrays? I don't see how they could generate "positive ions" either.

Well I'm Not claiming that "positive ions" are "not" emited nor am I sure about how these things work ... but I would like to know where/how these positive ions are supposedly being emited before taking steps to counter act them.

Oh and aren't those Sharper Image air purifiers supposed to emit negative ions? Maybe someone could see if the help with neg attacks ... just a thought[:)]

Dark Knight

Nope, sorry, don't have the money. The electronic equipment I am blessed to have were all gifts.

But on the no chance in hell possiblity I have of getting a fabulous bonus or raise, someone let me know if they work before I spend the money and get myself into further debt.

CRIMINALMIND63

Someone give me a little help here. I have been trying to state close to this in other posts. The key is to be balanced. I would think a neutral charge. This follows opposites attract. You have a positive and a neg. charge, It seeks balance(neutral), so it seeks out the opposite charge. It has to do with the post Dark started about atoms. Dark if you want you can go back and read up on what I wrote. I have read a few things about problem with computers when you are psychic, also attacks through computer. I read to place a blue shield around your computer. I'm not sure if blue is the right color to use. I also know that being around the computer does affect attacks. Not that the attacker is using the computer to attack you but it does something to the aura.

Dark Knight

Which one, Crim, the one I asked about changing the spin?

holy reality

quote:
Originally posted by CRIMINALMIND63

I also know that being around the computer does affect attacks. Not that the attacker is using the computer to attack you but it does something to the aura.

but is this only when it's turned on or does it have adverse effects on you?
!..............!

volcomstone

I have negative ion generator in my room, Ive noticed how much of a difference my telekinesis is affected when it is on

those negative ions contain quite a bit of energy, and I think having one greatly increases the ambient atmospheric energy in your home,

im not sure why positive ions are bad, most are probally just protons, maybe cuz positive ions will attract and bind electrons, wheras negative ions have a surplus of electrons, im not sure,

Ive also heard that negative ions will bind to aromatic hydrocarbons and cause bad smelling stuff in the air to fall to the ground, which will leave a blackish residue, not hard to clean but you should be warned,

as for protection from attacks it is in my personal belief that you can only be attacked if you open yourself to it, or allow yourself to be attacked, your mindset plays a crucial role in your defense
opinions are like kittens, just give 'em away

Dark Knight

Ok, volcomstone,...all positive electrons are protons.

I know this is odd, but protons, positive energy ions, are electron deficient (you'd think it's the other way around because it is described as a positive ion). Desiring stability, and depending how electron deficient the atom is, it's going to seek out an ion with electrons to stabilize. Negative ions are electron abundant, and depending on how many excess electrons are present, the more so, the more reactive the ion will be, the more it will seek out ions of opposite nature to hook up and react with.

Now in reality, it's not this clean, for reactions to take place there are conditions that need to be in place. Sometimes Le Chatliers Principle works, sometimes Thermodynamics dominates. It all depends on the nature of the ions interacting.

Neg ions will react with Aromatic Hydrocarbon forming the conjugate salt and causing it to precipitate out. Aromatic is a chemical structure and has nothing to do with smell (often misleading), but it would surprise me it the precipitates are foul smelling.

volcomstone

im thinking you misspelleD?

all positive electrons are positrons,  protons are simply hydrogen nuclei (protons are like a hundred thousand times more massive than an electron) wheras a positron is the anti-matter of electrons

all positive ions are cations all negative ions are anions,
not all cations are protons,

Ive heard of cheeba growing operations that use negative ion generators to cut the ambient smell that is given off by fine herbs,
Ive also heard of studies showing that plants grow better with negative ion generators,

I guess its akin to sink source dynamics, cations are a sink, wheras anions are a source.

opinions are like kittens, just give 'em away

Dark Knight

Hydrogen (let's just concentrate on the basic one and forget about deuterium and tritium for a minute) contains ONE proton, which is why it is often referred to as THE proton.

All atoms contain protons and neutrons in the nucleuous and electrons in the outer shells. Positive ions, cations, in all my chemistry classes were referred to as protons (plural, not singular as with the Hydrogen). In chemical reactions we had to keep track of exchanges, sometimes 1 proton would be involved, sometimes multiple.

We never dealt with positrons in chemical reactions (only time I dealt with positrons was in physics class), which is why we probably got away with sloppy communication. We didn't have to be that specific...it wasn't a concern.

It's always interesting to see how the communication changes the more info is involved.

TheLunatic

I keep a glass of positrons on my nightstand to scare away DBZer's...

And if you reply to this saying I can't keep a glass of positrons on my nightstand I'm going to slap you really hard.

Ybom

you can't keep a glass of positrons on your nightstand! and notice i didn't use my...i used your :) no way you have any right to slap me!

by the way...explain what a glass of positrons on your nightstand is...are you referring to a glass of water?
I come prepared...with COOKIES! No, you can't have one!

TheLunatic

quote:
Originally posted by Ybom

by the way...explain what a glass of positrons on your nightstand is...are you referring to a glass of water?

If I explain than you might learn something and learning isn't good for you. I don't want to get in trouble...

Ybom

fear of trouble is more trouble than you'd possibly get in otherwise...but if you really wish to keep something secret to "protect" us, that's your choice by all means and i'll just assume it's a glass of orange juice or something, or even a glass of energy! wewt
I come prepared...with COOKIES! No, you can't have one!

TheLunatic

quote:

fear of trouble is more trouble than you'd possibly get in otherwise...but if you really wish to keep something secret to "protect" us, that's your choice by all means and i'll just assume it's a glass of orange juice or something, or even a glass of energy! wewt

quote:

Honestly it was just a joke man. You can't keep positrons in a glass. Maybe it was too much of a nerd joke or maybe I have a funky mad scientist type of humor.

Ugh,

Dark Knight

Like I said, never saw positrons taking place in chemical reactions...was too busy keeping track of the exchange of nuclei, of counting electron configurations across the periodic table, and of prepping radioactive isotopes (on paper) to track through chemical reactions.

That being the case, I have absolutely no clue what you guys are talking about [xx(]

CRIMINALMIND63

All attacks are based on electricity in some form. I don't really know how electricity works. I think most is based on a charge. Positive and negative. You also have polarity, magnetic, electromagnetic. Some people's aura are stronger then other's, some are more magnetized.

shedt

I'm doing some research into positive Ions and such. I read that computer monitors and such emmit positive Ions. I wonder if Negs use positive ions as a form of attack, since them seem too have similar symptoms. Anyone here ever use a negative ion generator as a defensive tool ?