Possibly the strangest, most emotional dream I have ever had.

Previous topic - Next topic

WindSong

I have never felt so sure about a dream, without knowing what I am so sure about, if you even want to call this a "dream." I've stuck my toes in the water of astral projection, but this seems even more real...

I was up all night, and lay down around 10:30, 11:00am today. Sometime around 1:00pm, I was dreaming about a hippie girl my age, and I was smearing food on her face, and this was supposedly how people in that area told each other they love one another. Even on platonic terms. And we were crying tears of immense joy, and there was nothing but an air of divine love surrounding. My only thought was joy. We were the only two beings in sight, and just past the edge of the forest on the edge of a grassy meadow about, say, 100 yards by 300 yards.
While radiating genuine joy, she smiles into my eyes and says "Don't worry Doug, we all die some day."
The phone woke me up, and I feel different about this dream. It didn't feel normal. I remember it clearer than water. I don't know what this was, but something, something I cannot focus on with certainty. I really don't know. I feel something about this dream, that is so positive, I can't describe. Surely as emotional as it was, there is meaning.

Szaxx

There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

WindSong

I think I just figured it out while remembering Bob Marley's line "Have no fear for atomic energy." Basically, no need to fear death. Easier said than done though, IMO. The dream was in nature, the main physical component of the dream. The main verbal component was death. Death is natural. Liberating, evidenced by tears of joy. Beautiful. Emotional. Inevitable. To worry is to waste energy.