News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Protective prayers/ psychic wards

Previous topic - Next topic

PardonMe

I was reading article "astral signposts" that kodemaster link in a previous topic. According to the author he was instructed to always say a pray to protect him before he projects? I am not a very spiritual person nor do I really buy into the whole psychic protection mentality. However, since I am fairly new to the game and in the spirit of keeping an open mind, is this really necessary? I don't recall reading this in any other AP material. How many people here belief this is necessary and what prayers or protections techniques do you use? Just curious.
Skeptic is what skeptic does - Me (borrowed)

snic

G'day PardonMe, what I believe is that prayers and wards only work for people that believe in them. It's what makes them feel save and secure, which means that they relax and are able to have an oobe.

PardonMe

Thanks for the replies! Thank goodness, I already have my plate full with energy manipulation and trance state induction to worry about including prayers or protective rituals as well.
Skeptic is what skeptic does - Me (borrowed)

RTCovenant

Prayers always help me.

I always safe to myself something like;

I am with god
God is with me
I am safe
God keeps me safe
God is protecting me

I always say something like that. Not long protective prayers, but simply yet effective prayers that get to the point.

If you don't believe they'll help you, then they probably won't.
"There are three kinds of people in this world, those who can count and those who can not."